Manchester United

redrus

I wonder what life is like looking through those red eyes Toady :o

re-arrange

Spots, leopard, change, doesn't, it's :D

In the title it uses the word "reformed". Thus he will have to do alot of work to convince refs he has reformed. If there was a reformed thief in your group and £50 went missing, who would be the first person to have the finger pointed at him. Whether he did it or not.

That's life, so get on with it, you step over, diving SOB :D

I wonder what life is like looking through those red eyes Toady :o

re-arrange

Spots, leopard, change, doesn't, it's :bah:

In the title it uses the word "reformed". Thus he will have to do alot of work to convince refs he has reformed. If there was a reformed thief in your group and £50 went missing, who would be the first person to have the finger pointed at him. Whether he did it or not.

That's life, so get on with it, you step over, diving SOB :D

:D:D

Yep, you've got it spot on. :D

'

I thought we were after another striker (and still believe so - the following maybe smoke and mirrors) but if this lad is as good as Vidic then sign him quickly Fergie.

:-

from manutd.comSir Alex Ferguson has said he is unlikely to dip into the transfer market in January, but he has also admitted that the only position he could strengthen is at left back.

Rumours have since emerged that United are tracking Lokomotiv Moscow’s versatile Serbian defender Branislav Ivanovic.

The former Serbia U21 captain currently plays in the full national side alongside Reds defender Nemanja Vidic, who signed from Lokomotiv’s neighbours Spartak in January 2006.

Ivanovic would set United back a reported £10million.

Edited by LeungKen

'

Munich tributes

Manchester United have announced plans to mark the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster on 6 February 2008.

* United players to wear a retro 1950s-style kit against Manchester City on 10 February

* Permanent, free exhibition telling the story of the Busby Babes

* South Stand tunnel to be renamed the Munich Tunnel

* Memorial service involving survivors, relatives of those who died, guests and fans

* MUTV to broadcast free-to-air on 6 February

The centrepiece of the commemorations will be the creation of a free, permanent exhibition telling the story of the Busby Babes. The exhibition, to be unveiled in the South Stand tunnel at Old Trafford (which will be renamed the Munich Tunnel), will be open to all visitors and designed to educate younger fans about the Busby Babes' early triumphs, the tragedy of the crash, the rebuilding process and United's eventual European Cup triumph in 1968.

A memorial service involving survivors and relatives of those who died will be held in the Manchester Suite at Old Trafford. The service will coincide with the moment in 1958 that the plane carrying players and staff back from Belgrade crashed on take-off at Munich airport. Details outlining how United fans can join invited guests will be published in January.

In addition, United's subscription TV channel, MUTV, will broadcast a series of exclusive, in-depth features and documentaries on 6 February, when all programmes will be free-to-air and without advertisements to Sky and cable customers.

The Reds' closest home match to the anniversary is on 10 February against neighbours Manchester City, who provided considerable support and assistance in the immediate aftermath of the crash and whose former goalkeeper, Frank Swift – a journalist on the ill-fated flight – died in the wreckage. Following a request some months ago, the Premier League has agreed to set aside its usual rules on kit design to allow the team to wear a special 1950s-style kit in the match, free from sponsorship and numbered 1 to 11. The kit is a one-off and will not be available for purchase. All fans present at the 10 February game will receive a memento of the occasion.

Club Chief Executive David Gill said: “The Munich air crash was not just about Manchester United. It devastated the lives of the 23 families of those who died, as well as those who never played again and united a city in grief. Those who are able to remember it say it was Manchester’s 'Kennedy moment': everyone knows where they were when the terrible news came through.

“It is a heavy responsibility that those of us who work for this great Club and those who live and work in this magnificent city have to show respect, admiration and regret over that loss some five decades ago. I hope the exhibition will enable generations of fans to understand the place Sir Matt and his teams have in the Club’s history, from the birth of the Babes to his crowning achievement in 1968.

“I believe that, in partnership with the families, fans, authorities, Manchester City and our sponsors, we have created a programme that will enable everyone to remember, pay respect to and learn about a wonderful side, cut down in its prime.

“The sincere thanks of the Club go to AIG and Nike for their wholehearted backing for the kit change, and to the Premier League for allowing us to mark the event in a unique way.”

post-52326-1197009721_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Ryan Giggs on achieving 100 league goals,.. :D

I thought Derby came to Old Trafford and played with grit,

determination and at times a bit of flair, (certainly in the 1st half),

but they were always up against it and the only consolation was their first away goal

of the season. Teves continues to impress, he really does put in 100%, and I thought

Rooney was showing signs of returning to top form. Giggsy, what can I say ? The

man is a fantastic footballer and a model professional, leads by example and not afraid

to get stuck in and can still go on some mazey runs. One guy who I thought played well

again yesterday was Wes Brown, and it's a bit disconcerting to read that he may leave

O.T. come summer as he and Utd cannot agree on a new contract, which is rather a

shame as he has been a terrific assett to the club and comes in the John O'Shea

mould of not actually being a super-star but simply an honest and fairly versatile

professional. (I guess as he has been at the club since leaving school and seeing the

likes of the Nevilles, Beckham, Giggs and Scholsey etc move into the higher earnings

bracket, he too would like a slice of the action) C'est la vie..... :o

I really hope that Brown does not leave United, but it doesn't look good. I assume that come January he will be in a position to sign a pre-contract agreement, so there is little time left, and it appears United will not offer anything further.

Brown has shown this season how good he is, and one can wonder how many games he would have played for United and England if he hadn't of had so many injuries in the past. If he does go, I hope he doesn't end up with one of the title rivals. :D

As for Giggs, he has been a tremendous servernt for the club, and a perfect example of a model professional for all players in, and coming into the game.

A pretty good set of results this weekend, other than the Chelsea one :D . Congratulations to Reading and Middlesboro :o

It looks like Rooney is going to captain a team of younger lads for tonights game - I wasn't going to watch as it's a dead-rubber but after seeing the squad that Fergies put together I reckon I'll be there in front of my box come 1:45 cheering on the likes of Brandy, Dong, Eagles etc, I'm a bit of a sucker for the young lads and love to see them getting a go in the big arenas.

Good Luck Boys and Have Fun !

It looks like Rooney is going to captain a team of younger lads for tonights game - I wasn't going to watch as it's a dead-rubber but after seeing the squad that Fergies put together I reckon I'll be there in front of my box come 1:45 cheering on the likes of Brandy, Dong, Eagles etc, I'm a bit of a sucker for the young lads and love to see them getting a go in the big arenas.

that would be 2:45 Ken in LOS .

I know as I'm staying up to watch th competition :o

that would be 2:45 Ken in LOS .

I know as I'm staying up to watch th competition :D

Good result last night, just gets us in the right frame of mind before we give the scousers a good drubbing on their own patch. :o:D

We at Manchester United are a quiet, civilised and respectable crowd and are not prone to

gloat and crow.

So if any riff-raff have happened by, please be informed that,

Liverpool lost at Anfield 0 - 1 to Marvellous Manchester United

:bah::o;)

:o:bah::D

:D:D

I think they will be keeping a low profile today, ken. :D

great result for us and i thought the arsenal v chelsea game was a cracker too, a very good night of entertainment still hung over after getting home at 6am.

anderson and hargreaves where imense in midfield and our back two best in the league.

Just heard this on the news. I'm sure there will be more details to follow. From the BBC:-

Rape inquiry after Man Utd party

Police are investigating the alleged rape of a 26-year-old woman at a hotel where Manchester United players and other guests were attending a party.

The alleged attack took place at the Great John Street Hotel in Manchester in the early hours of Tuesday.

Hotel managers confirmed the venue was fully booked out for a private party.

Police are refusing to confirm or deny the involvement of any players in the incident at the city centre hotel but are continuing inquiries.

The hotel is a boutique "town house" hotel converted from a Victorian schoolhouse, situated in the trendy Castlefield area of Manchester.

A hotel spokesman said: "We're helping the police with an investigation."

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "Police are currently investigating a report of rape at a hotel in Manchester city centre.

"[Officers] were called to the hotel on Great John Street to a report that a 26-year-old woman had been raped.

"Inquiries are continuing."

A Manchester United spokeswoman declined to comment.

Police were called to the hotel shortly after 0400 GMT.

MrBoj, whats the rumours up there in Sunny Manchester about the alledged perpetrators identity?

All they're saying is that it is a 19 year old Toady!!

Well, the only one that I can think of is.....A........... :o

Okay, enough guessing. This is the latest on this story....

Man Utd player in hotel rape quiz

Players were among guests at a party at the Great John Street Hotel

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans is being questioned about an alleged rape at a hotel in Manchester city centre, the BBC has learned.

Police were called to the Great John Street Hotel early on Tuesday after reports a woman, 26, had been raped.

Greater Manchester Police have said a man was arrested after going to a police station on Tuesday evening.

Mr Evans, 19, has played for Northern Ireland eight times but does not have a regular place in the United first team.

The hotel was hosting a private party attended on Tuesday by members of the Manchester United squad and other guests.

Manchester United has declined to comment.

Boutique hotel

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) were called to the hotel on Great John Street, in the Castlefield area of the city, at about 0415 GMT on Tuesday.

On Tuesday night, a GMP spokesman said: "A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of rape this evening after presenting himself to police.

"He remains in custody for questioning."

The hotel, a boutique hotel converted from a Victorian schoolhouse, was closed in the early part of Tuesday, but has since reopened.

It opened two years ago with 30 duplex rooms and suites.

A hotel spokeswoman said they were helping the police with the investigation.

Evans made his first appearance for United in September after spending last season on loan to Sunderland.

>

S.A.F. not the only one pleased with Ronaldo. Everton played well and if it wasn't for a rather silly defensive mistake would have come away with a point, but that's football

Man Utd 2 v Everton 1

.................................. :o

Yeah, it was a good game to watch though. Enjoyed it, but rewally though that it was going to end up a drawe. Pretty clear cut penalty though, and Ronaldo held his nerve.

Bigtoe was happy, but Mig was a little dissapointed. :D

Looking forward to the game tonight Ken? Merry Christmas to you.

I'm hoping that United put on a festive treat for us all, by giving Sunderland a severe drubbing. I'll be having a couple of cold ones with some footballing tragics this evening, and hopefully see Macanello choking on his beer when his mob Liverpool lose (Living in hope). :o

Looking forward to the game tonight Ken? Merry Christmas to you.

I'm hoping that United put on a festive treat for us all, by giving Sunderland a severe drubbing. I'll be having a couple of cold ones with some footballing tragics this evening, and hopefully see Macanello choking on his beer when his mob Liverpool lose (Living in hope). :o

Greetings & Festive Salutations to you Mr.Toad and all those of the Red Devil persusion.

Yes it always seems a shame to inflict heartache and worry onto former warriors (Keane, Bruce, Hughes, Coppell & Robson etc), but then I say to myself "Sorry chaps, this is no time for sentiment"

I'll settle for a good fair game in the end.

Cheers & Best Wishes to All

Greetings & Festive Salutations to you Mr.Toad and all those of the Red Devil persusion.

What about some festive greetings for us of the Blue persuasion Ken :o

May a thousand <deleted> crap on the lot of them......... :D:D:D

OK ! begrudgingly, Seasons Greetings