Manchester United

redrus

Greetings & Festive Salutations to you Mr.Toad and all those of the Red Devil persusion.

What about some festive greetings for us of the Blue persuasion Ken :D

May a thousand <deleted> crap on the lot of them......... :D:D:bah:

OK ! begrudgingly, Seasons Greetings

I think it will be the Arse who are sat above you come the end of the season :o

Merry Christmas anyway Ken AND to all you other RAG's :D

I watched the last half of the Man U vs Everton last night. It caught my eye that a team was wearing jerseys with Chang written on the front with the beer chang logo of elephants above it. Not being a futbol fan I watched it just to see what taksin got for his money. The team in red, whom I assumed was everton since the other teams jerseys had the beer chang adverts on them, was obviously the better team. It took a close up of the blue jerseys to see the everton written on the jersey.

I would've thought beer chang would be advertising for man u and not against it. Man u did win with a foul shot taken directly in front of the net. I might've scored give that opportunity :o

I watched the last half of the Man U vs Everton last night. It caught my eye that a team was wearing jerseys with Chang written on the front with the beer chang logo of elephants above it. Not being a futbol fan I watched it just to see what taksin got for his money. The team in red, whom I assumed was everton since the other teams jerseys had the beer chang adverts on them, was obviously the better team. It took a close up of the blue jerseys to see the everton written on the jersey.

I would've thought beer chang would be advertising for man u and not against it. Man u did win with a foul shot taken directly in front of the net. I might've scored give that opportunity :D

Everton played Bolton last night. Not Man U! :o

I would've thought beer chang would be advertising for man u and not against it. Man u did win with a foul shot taken directly in front of the net. I might've scored give that opportunity :D

As it was 4am in the US and I was watching espn 2 I have no point of reference as to when it was played, only that it was on my tv. I believe Renaldo scored the winning goal and maybe the other goal man u had in the game. Final score 2-1 I'm not a futbol watcher but it was that or various world series of poker games to watch. whenever it was played it put man u 1 point behind arsenal in the standings.

Sunderland 0 -4 Man Utd 4.

Perfect :D

Shame about the Torquay result. :o

--------------------

Pretty good all round Mr Toad, if only Gerrard hadn't got that last gasp winner for the 'pool it would have been a perfect Boxing Day.

Back Where We Belong - No.1

--------------------

Pretty good all round Mr Toad, if only Gerrard hadn't got that last gasp winner for the 'pool it would have been a perfect Boxing Day.

Back Where We Belong - No.1

Too right Ken, great to be top again, and the last 4 years teams top on Boxing day have gone on to win it.

I thought United were simply a class above last night, Ronaldo in particular. Good to see Balsa Boy get on the score sheet and Park to get a run last night.

Now the pressure starts heating up at the top. 9points clear of Liverpool and 8 clear of Chelski isn't a bad start to the New Year.

As it was 4am in the US and I was watching espn 2 I have no point of reference as to when it was played, only that it was on my tv. I believe Renaldo scored the winning goal and maybe the other goal man u had in the game. Final score 2-1 I'm not a futbol watcher but it was that or various world series of poker games to watch. whenever it was played it put man u 1 point behind arsenal in the standings.

You probably watched a re-run of the game played on sunday. United beat Everton 2-1 as Ronaldo scored a penalty (or foul shot as you put it) :D in the last few minutes.

Everton wear the Chang sponsored shirts but Thaksin didn't buy them, he bought a far more superior outfit :D known as Manchester City

You probably watched a re-run of the game played on sunday. United beat Everton 2-1 as Ronaldo scored a penalty (or foul shot as you put it) :D in the last few minutes.

Everton wear the Chang sponsored shirts but Thaksin didn't buy them, he bought a far more superior outfit :D known as Manchester City

Welcome Mogoso, "Boston Barry" aka MrBojangles will certainly help yopu out with some of the intricacies of Soccer. :D

Welcome Mogoso, "Boston Barry" aka MrBojangles will certainly help yopu out with some of the intricacies of Soccer. :D

I'm still afraid my interest in soccer is minimal, but my interest in Beer Chang is maximal :o

that is what held my attention for so long. Fortunately we now can buy it here in this part of the US :D

'

We'll write you down as an Everton supporter then Mr. Mogoso, OK ?........ :D

Beer Swilling, Toffee Chewing, Blue Shirted, Argumentative <deleted>

:D

Whereas we from Old Trafford are the epitome of fine manners, we like to think of ourselves as a League of Gentlemen. Isn't that right Gents ?

:o:D:D

'

We'll write you down as an Everton supporter then Mr. Mogoso, OK ?........ :bah:

Whereas we from Old Trafford are the epitome of fine manners, we like to think of ourselves as a League of Gentlemen. Isn't that right Gents ?

Quite right old chap, quite right. We need to keep the riff raff out. :D

'

Absolutely old chap, pass the prawn sandwiches will you?

West Ham v Man Utd

Upton Park

Saturday, 29 December

Kick-off: 1500 GMT 10pm Bangkok Time

BBC coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Five Live & highlights on Match of the Day. Featured game on Score and Final Score and Numerous Bars in Sukhumvit. :o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves is expected to start after missing two games with a back injury.

Striker Carlos Tevez will start against his former club but keeper Edwin van der Sar (groin) is still out.

West Ham defender Anton Ferdinand is pushing for a starting place after two months out with a hamstring injury.

Striker Carlton Cole (illness) should be fit, while Julien Faubert, Matthew Etherington and Lee Bowyer are back in training but not yet available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Ham (from): Green, Neill, McCartney, Ferdinand, Upson, Ljungberg, Parker, Mullins, Solano, Ashton, Cole, Wright, Pantsil, Noble, Reid, Spector, Dailly, Camara.

Man Utd (from): Kuszczak, Heaton, Brown, Simpson, Ferdinand, Vidic, Pique, Evra, O'Shea, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves, Nani, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Tevez, Saha.

West Ham boss Alan Cubishley:

"The pressure is on Man Utd as they have to win it.

"The fans should be looking forward to seeing some great players, getting behind us and hoping we can produce the same result as we did last year when we beat them."

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on Wayne Rooney:

"Strikers do go on little runs.

"Against Sunderland it was his first goal for six games, but his goals have come in waves.

"When he got his recent injury, he was out for nearly a month and since then, he has been gradually getting towards what we saw of him against Sunderland."

BIG-MATCH FACTS

Manchester United visit West Ham looking for the victory that will guarantee they go out of 2007 where they came in, on top of the Barclays Premier League table.

But it's just over a year since United last visited Upton Park, when the Hammers pulled off their first ever home Premier League victory over the Red Devils on Alan Curbishley's debut in charge.

Sir Alex Ferguson will not want a repeat of that just two days before his 66th birthday.

Manchester United have won twice as many league games as West Ham this term (14 to seven), including the last five; the Hammers are striving for a first win in five on home soil.

Over Christmas, the champions won 2-1 home to Everton and 0-4 away to Sunderland; the Hammers won 1-2 at Middlesbrough and were held to a 1-1 draw by Reading at Upton Park.

West Ham have conceded more Premier League goals to Manchester United (49), than to any other club in the Premier League. That's despite doing the double with two 1-0 victories last season.

CLUB FORM

WEST HAM UNITED

Club stats

Fixtures

Highest achievable after Saturday's matches: 9th

Lowest could fall: 11th

1. Only two of their seven league wins have been secured in front of the home faithful, against Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

2. Need to score once to total 3,000 goals in top-flight football.

3. Their 18 matches this season have produced just 39 goals (23 for, 16 against); at 2.17 it's the lowest goals per game average in the Premier League.

4. A stronger second half side, with 15 of their 23 league goals scored after the break (65%).

5. Own the third weakest home form in the highest league with 10 of their 26 points picked up in east London; only Derby (five points) and Middlesbrough (nine) have poorer form in front of their own supporters.

6. Top six clubs, Manchester City, Arsenal and Everton, are the only ones to have left Upton Park this season with maximum points.

7. Managed just one league clean sheet at Upton Park; the 3-0 eclipse of Middlesbrough on 15 September.

8. The New Year's Day fixture is a London derby, away to Arsenal.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Club stats

Fixtures

Highest achievable after Saturday's matches: 1st

Lowest could fall: 2nd

1. Won 19 of 23 in all competitions, and lost one of 17.

2. The only club to have won 14 Premier League matches this season; but lost twice as many league games as Arsenal (two to the Gunners' one).

3. Boasting the tightest defence in the highest league; just nine goals shipped in 19 outings, at one every 190 minutes (three hours nine minutes) of Premier League football played on average.

4. Won 14 of the last 16 Premier League matches, losing just one of the 16.

5. Kept clean sheets in 10 and failed to score in one of the last 16 league outings; the blank being the 1-0 loss, away to Bolton on 24 November.

6. Not lost in any league game this term in which they have scored; won 14 and drawn two of 16.

7. Scored first in an unequalled 15 Premier League matches; won 13 and drawn two.

8. Conceded only two goals in the last 15 minutes of Premier League matches this term; only Arsenal and Liverpool can match that.

9. Beaten Everton, Birmingham, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Sunderland on their league travels, and been beaten by Manchester City and Bolton on the road.

10. The New Year's Day fixture is home to Birmingham.

KEY PLAYER NOTES

WEST HAM UNITED

Dean ASHTON is West Ham's top scorer with five goals.

ASHTON and BOWYER are the Hammers' joint top Premier League marksmen as four goals a piece.

Robert GREEN has saved all three penalties awarded against the Hammers in the Premier League this season.

Matthew UPSON and GREEN are the only remaining players to have been on the field for every minute of every one of West Ham's Premier League matches this season.

BOWYER is a double shy of 50 career Premier League goals (Leeds, Newcastle and West Ham).

Nol SOLANO needs a hat-trick to total 50 Premier League goals (Newcastle, Aston Villa and West Ham).

If selected:-

James COLLINS will be making his 100th career league appearance (Cardiff and West Ham).

Jonathan SPECTOR will be facing the club where he was a trainee.

If on the field from the outset:-

Hayden MULLINS will be making his 350th career league start (Crystal Palace and West Ham).

MANCHESTER UNITED

Cristiano RONALDO is Manchester United's top scorer with 17 goals.

RONALDO is also their leading Premier League marksman with 12, and leads the race for the Barclays Golden Boot.

RONALDO, who has scored three times in two games and is the only United scorer in double figures, is a hat-trick shy of 50 Premier League goals - all for Manchester United.

If selected:-

Darren FLETCHER will be making his 100th Premier League appearance - all for the Red Devils.

Michael CARRICK, Rio FERDINAND and Carlos TEVEZ will all be facing their former club; the first two started their professional careers with the Hammers.

If on the field from the outset:-

Louis SAHA will be making his 50th Premier League start for Manchester United.

Chris EAGLES will be making his 50th club league start (Manchester United, Watford and Sheffield Wednesday).

Long term injury, Gary NEVILLE will be making his 350th Premier League start for Manchester United.

HEAD TO HEAD

Manchester United are one of three clubs West Ham did the double over last season; Blackburn and Arsenal were the others.

West Ham were one of two clubs to do the double over United last term. Arsenal was the other.

The victory in this fixture last December was West Ham's first in 12 home league games against the Red Devils since another 1-0 triumph on 22 April 1992 in the old First Division.

Home and away

League (inc PL): West Ham 36 wins, Man United 45, Draws 23

Prem: West Ham 3 wins, Man United 14, Draws 7

at West Ham only

League (inc PL): West Ham 24 wins, Man United 11, Draws 17

Prem: West Ham 1 win, Man United 4, Draws 7

LAST SEASON'S CORRESPONDING GAME

West Ham United 1-0 Manchester United

17 December 2006 - Ref: Phil Dowd

West Ham scorer: Reo-Coker 75

REFEREE

Mike Dean (Wirral)

Looking forward to an entertaining game. One thing is for certain West Ham are never push overs at home when we visit there. United to win, but maybe only by the odd goal. It will be interesting to see the sort of reception that Tevez gets from the Upton Park fdans, as other players like Ince, Ferdinand, Carrick etc get some right stick. Ince deservedly so after the stunt of wearinga UNited shirt befopre he'd even left West Ham.

Anyway, here's hoping to another 3 points and open the gap further on the rest.

I'm still afraid my interest in soccer is minimal, but my interest in Beer Chang is maximal :o

that is what held my attention for so long. Fortunately we now can buy it here in this part of the US :bah:

But its not REAL beer chang :D

--------------------

but he did , and it was :D

Still 9 points behind though Scouse. :D It could have been worse, 11 points. :D

--------------------

but he did , and it was :bah:

with a game in hand :D

--------------------

but he did , and it was :bah:

Points in the bag dear Scouse, points in the bag. :bah:

--------------------

but he did , and it was :o

Points in the bag dear Scouse, points in the bag. :bah:

now with 2 games in hand :bah:

A terrible penalty from Ronaldo and the hammers were deserved winners imo :o .

Scouse, can't argue with the result. Thought United were out fought for most of the game and West Ham were deserved winners.

I'll post a few more thoughts on the game tomorrow morning, as I'm watching the Arsenal v Everton game at present.

P.S. Darren Fletcher is <deleted>.

Boss fines stars and bans parties over 'rape' scandal

By Daniel Sanderson

LIVID Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson has punished up to 30 players—and torn into them EVERY day since their disgraceful Christmas party climaxed in rape claims and a "roasting" scandal.

He has really turned on the heat by fining EVERY big-earning first team star who took part in the £4,000-a-head 15-hour booze binge on December 17.

Sir Alex's shock punishment —which added up to a whopping £1 MILLION—is the heftiest penalty ever dished out by a Premiership team for a breach of team disicipine.

He has also BANNED any more parties and WARNED his pampered millionaire players there will NEVER be a repeat performance.

A senior club insider revealed: "Fergie is absolutely livid. This is the angriest anyone's ever seen him. He's lectured the boys every day in training since it happened."

The manager has decreed that the players involved be fined on a sliding scale depending on how much they earn. All the money, believed to average out at slightly less than a week's wages per player, will be donated to charity.

Outraged by the arrest of his budding £8,000-a-week defender Jonny Evans, 19, pictured top, on suspicion of rape, Fergie has directed his most explosive "hairdryer" tirades at his most senior players, including £70,000-a-week Gary Neville, £90,000-a-week Paul Scholes and £100,000-a-week England defender Rio Ferdinand. Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick, Wes Brown and Wayne Rooney were also in the firing line.

Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to escape punishment and a dressing-down. He missed the party to attend the World Player of the Year gala in Zurich.

The United stars headed to the ill-fated Christmas do at the Great John Street Hotel after a marathon drinking session.

Around 100 girl guests were personally selected by party organisers while all wives and girlfiends were barred. The squad's boozy trail started at the city centre's 235 casino, where they had a bet and ate lunch.

Then they moved to The Grapes pub for a karaoke session, with some taking a brief side-trip to a lapdancing bar. When they arrived at the luxury £395-a-night hotel—exclusively booked for the Red Devils' bash—champagne was flowing.

But the party ended in shame and scandal. A pretty 19-year-old blonde was heard moaning as she was "roasted" in an orgy including three players.

A witness said they heard clapping and cheering coming from one of the rooms where five or six men were with the girl. The witness said the men were "shrieking like hyenas" and shouting: "Get in there!"

After a few minutes the men filed out laughing and rushed downstairs for more booze.

The girl then came staggering out boasting she'd just had sex with all the men. It is the second Christmas in a row Old Trafford boss Ferguson has berated his first team for shameful behaviour. Last year the team ran up a £43,000 bar bill and the venue was damaged by guests. An expensive painting was ripped off a wall and ornaments were destroyed.

Fergie's crackdown comes after a grim week for the Premiership's image. Newcastle bad boy Joey Barton was arrested after allegedly beating a man to the ground in a drunken brawl in Liverpool on Boxing Day.

Last week the News of the World revealed how Manchester City star Micah Richards and a Premiership pal videoed themselves having sex with a girl in a toilet. And last month England's millionaire stars let the country down when it emerged three had sex with a girl in a hotel toilet the night before crashing out of Euro 2008 against Croatia.

Debt

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor last night blasted the rogue stars' antics. He said: "Players are big personalities now and they're expected to do all they can on and off the field to be real role models.

"The majority realise how fortunate they are and the debt they owe—but we need to remind them ALL.These are young men, many of whom have got a lot of money, and there's always going to be dangers and temptations.

"But they've got to learn how to cope."

It will be interesting to see the sort of reception that Tevez gets from the Upton Park fdans, as other players like Ince, Ferdinand, Carrick etc get some right stick. Ince deservedly so after the stunt of wearinga UNited shirt befopre he'd even left West Ham.

On the contrary, Ferdinand is treated as the prodigal sone, and Carrick gets polite applause (not bad considering who he played with last)..

Ince's stick was more about the circumstances of his departure than about the shirt. At the time, the shirt thing got him a few boos, but they got over it during the remaining few games.

'

I didn't say I was an Everton supporter. In my post I mentioned seeing Chang written on the jersey and thought that they were the Manchester squad, afterall it is a Thai beer. I did say the players in red seemed to be the better squad. It was a closeup of a jersey in the match that I saw that Everton was on the blue jerseys. I made the post finding it odd that Taksins team wasn't sponsered by beer Chang as he is Thai afterall.

So while you may be a gentleman, I won't dispute that, perhaps a rereading will show no bias for either team by me. I had known of Man U as a first division team, but thought Everton was a lower class.

'

I didn't say I was an Everton supporter. In my post I mentioned seeing Chang written on the jersey and thought that they were the Manchester squad, afterall it is a Thai beer. I did say the players in red seemed to be the better squad. It was a closeup of a jersey in the match that I saw that Everton was on the blue jerseys. I made the post finding it odd that Taksins team wasn't sponsered by beer Chang as he is Thai afterall.

So while you may be a gentleman, I won't dispute that, perhaps a rereading will show no bias for either team by me. I had known of Man U as a first division team, but thought Everton was a lower class.

Mr Mogoso,

My reply was meant to be a bit of light hearted banter between fans, I am sorry if you have taken any offence as none was intended.

I thought as a beer drinker that you were showing a preference for Everton as they have Chang as their major sponsors. I must have been mistaken.

I shall in future direct all my attempts at comical diatribes towards Liverpool, Leeds & Manchester City Supporters only....... :bah:

'

We'll write you down as an Everton supporter then Mr. Mogoso, OK ?........ :bah:

Mr Mogoso,

My reply was meant to be a bit of light hearted banter between fans, I am sorry if you have taken any offence as none was intended.

I thought as a beer drinker that you were showing a preference for Everton as they have Chang as their major sponsors. I must have been mistaken.

I shall in future direct all my attempts at comical diatribes towards Liverpool, Leeds & Manchester City Supporters only....... :bah:

Upsetting the Americans again Ken? :D