Manchester United

redrus

I've had the pleasure to meet a large number of the guys on here and every single one of em are top blokes. So let's leave off the name calling etcetera shall we and get back to football.

HERE HERE. Well said Mr Bo. thumbsup.gif

BT biggrin.png

Apart from me then mrbojangles.

So.

Bayern Munich are going to rip United apart.

And any vitriol directed at 'top bloke' Mourhinho will be met with resistance.

wai2.gif

Haven't met you yet P45, you may well be a nice guy. One day we may find out.

As for the other bit. Of course you are entitled to stick up for Mourinho if you think someone's opinion is wrong but let's (and this goes for everyone) keep the "resistance" civil and not personal. wai.gif

• Like 1

OK, if you had a nice budget who would you toss out and who would you (realistically) want to bring in.

Or is there a way you would like to change current players around?

How do you see Mata's best way of fitting into the team in order to get the best from him? He wasn't cheap.

Regarding who to bring in, well at the back we are losing Rio, Vidic and Evra pretty soon, so need replacements there to back up the players we already have. In midfield we desperately need a playmaker. Cleverly I think needs to go away and resurrect his career, which I still believe has potential. But I don't think he can do that under the glare at United. A mid table club I think he would start to shine again and get his confidence back.. (oops, hold on a sec, aren't we a mid table club now?)

So we need a new face or two in midfield. Somebody in the mould of Scholes would be good. Well, I can dream...

Attack and goalkeeping I think we are good.

As for specific names of who to bring in, I don't watch enough "foreign" football to know who would be a good fit. Leave that business to highly paid scouts.

Re Mata, he needs to be played down the middle. Out wide with him is a waste of time... not to mention money! Mourinho found that out, and, one hopes by now, Moyes has realised the same thing.

• Like 1

For me, and I've said this a few times... I'd like Mats Hummels, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Ilkay Gundoggan.

Getting them, is a different matter, I am well aware of... ;)

redrus

Snigger. biggrin.png

redrus

The glorious uncertainty of sport.Well done United you just showed who you are and with an ounce of luck, or a bit of composure from young Danny for the second attempt

it could have been a glorious European night.

• Like 1

Great evening and almost a great performance from utd. Still somewhat lacking in utd's trad style of pacy counter attacking, with abit of that they were there to be had but hey all in all u looked good. Best performance in a utd shirt from fellatio, if moyes aint gonna go flying out of the blocks aka utd old school style seems to me to make sense 2 have a decent target up front while vps out , he might be worth a punt up there, was v v effective for everton ,, oH did Ferdinand roll bac the years.or what?.outstanding. Cant say i was a fan of vidic or rooney making the most out of the respective situ's and utd bac to norm got the rub of the green from the ref with a penalty , he moved his arm 2 wards the ball and Valencia non yellow but hey ho a good evenings footie.

^

Gotta be honest mate, that was Fellaini's worst performance, he did 2 good things, things he should be doing 62 times a game.

All over the pitch he lost headers from blokes a foot smaller, he was slow, so far and away all over the pitch, it was horrible to watch as the whole team rallied, he was a lost lamb, sorry mate, really disagree there.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

^

Gotta be honest mate, that was Fellaini's worst performance, he did 2 good things, things he should be doing 62 times a game.

All over the pitch he lost headers from blokes a foot smaller, he was slow, so far and away all over the pitch, it was horrible to watch as the whole team rallied, he was a lost lamb, sorry mate, really disagree there.

redrus

I agree our house was, dare I say it, BLUE with me swearing at the TV and the Mrs thinking I was going to have a Heart Attack.w00t.gif

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

You were poor in the first half....and ought to have been a couple of goals down by half time. Second half though you deserved the goal and looked all round far better.

Good luck in the return!

Cheers Smokes good summing up.

BTW how are your predictions going facepalm.gif Maybe you can catch up with Mr Bo or Mouserless ??? coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

^

redrus

the further bac he plays 4 u the worse he looks , he just aint got quick enuf feet to be a holding defender and overall he lacks a defenders covering nouse, I like him when he's further up the park, ATM You've got no one that can keep the ball, he can, and physically in and around the box he's a handful, sort of like an old school c/f

Kudos to United and I retract my previous "blindfold" comment. I didn't see the match but it seems that Moyes got the tactics right. Being essentially out of the running for CL qualification in the EPL, it looks like United are going to give it their all to qualify in another manner.

• Like 2

Well done United. surprised us all i think! Now you are able to go to Munich with hope.

Try to nick an early goal and park up? Always difficult to break down an ten man defense. Maybe Moyes should talk to that tactical defensive genius Big Sam Alladychi

OK, if you had a nice budget who would you toss out and who would you (realistically) want to bring in.

How do you see Mata's best way of fitting into the team in order to get the best from him? He wasn't cheap.

Regarding who to bring in, well at the back we are losing Rio, Vidic and Evra pretty soon, so need replacements there to back up the players we already have. In midfield we desperately need a playmaker. Cleverly I think needs to go away and resurrect his career, which I still believe has potential. But I don't think he can do that under the glare at United. A mid table club I think he would start to shine again and get his confidence back.. (oops, hold on a sec, aren't we a mid table club now?)

So we need a new face or two in midfield. Somebody in the mould of Scholes would be good. Well, I can dream...

As for specific names of who to bring in, I don't watch enough "foreign" football to know who would be a good fit. Leave that business to highly paid scouts.

Re Mata, he needs to be played down the middle. Out wide with him is a waste of time... not to mention money! Mourinho found that out, and, one hopes by now, Moyes has realised the same thing.

It's too bad Carles Puyol is quitting at 35. If he were still fit, he's the sort of player United need for a season or two.

I still think they should have gone for Cabaye when he was available.

Edited by uptheos

For me, and I've said this a few times... I'd like Mats Hummels, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Ilkay Gundoggan.

Getting them, is a different matter, I am well aware of... wink.png

redrus

Where would you play Lallana?

I know he's older but Coleman of Everton would also be a good buy, he's a class back.

You never know Lallana and Shaw might come with Pochetinno. wink.png

It's too bad Carles Puyol is quitting at 35. If he were still fit, he's the sort of player United need for a season or two.

I still think they should have gone for Cabaye when he was available.

cabaye was only ever going one place. PSG in a world cup year.

decent enough result for united that and am not that surprised. they've got enough experience to still get to grips with teams in europe. score the first goal in the second leg and who knows?

Getting them, is a different matter, I am well aware of... wink.png

redrus

Where would you play Lallana?

I know he's older but Coleman of Everton would also be a good buy, he's a class back.

You never know Lallana and Shaw might come with Pochetinno. wink.png

I'd bet that's the only way Pochi would take the job. He's got a very good thing going at Southampton. If they can hold onto their marquee players, and have enough funds to bring in a few more, they could very well be in the top mix in the future. Lotsa "ifs" but not completely unreasonable. coffee1.gif