Manchester United

redrus

Oh i see, you all chat on facebook but BoJangles isn't invited :o:D

Why am i not there also? I have added Mrtoad but he hasnt accepted yet. :D

I have now, but where is Mr Boj, if he's on I'll add him.

Here you go Ken.... :o

Bryan Robson could be set for a dramatic return to Old Trafford.

The former United skipper, who spent thirteen years at Old trafford as a player, was recently sacked from his managerial role at Sheffield United.

However, United's Director of communications, Phil Townsend, has said that he could be ready to hand Robson an ambassadorial role at Old Trafford.

"Bryan's a key figure in our past," he told the club's official website.

"If he wished to take on such a role, then we'd be delighted to see him return to the club."

redrus

Ouch :D

Man U v Roma again ...........

I hope your fans take care of themselves when going over there :D

LOL, its not us we need be careful of though is it.... :o I think it'll be ok as we go there first at this stage, I think its better all round.

redrus

Ouch :D

LOL, its not us we need be careful of though is it.... :o I think it'll be ok as we go there first at this stage, I think its better all round.

Just take every sky tv camera you can :D

redrus

Ouch :o

same here mate, thanks.

i said i had a fealing we will get roma.

Ronaldo Earns The Plaudits

Sunday, 16th March 2008

Sir Alex Ferguson singled out goalscorer Christiano Ronaldo for special praise after the away win at Derby.

United were by far the better side in the first half and could quite easily have gone in at the half time break well in front.

However, United could have been forced into rueing their missed chances as the home side came out after the break looking a completely different outfit and only for Ronaldo's goal 14 minute's from time may well have taken at least a point from the game.

"In the first 20 minutes we should have been four or five up and that would have made it much, much easier for us," Fergie said after the 1-0 win at Pride Park.

"You have to admire the second half from Derby. They made a real battle of it, but the name of the game is to win and we have to thank Ronaldo again.

"It was probably his hardest chance of the match because he had a lot of tremendous chances throughout the game.

"Everybody trusts him now and what you have to admire about the boy is that his courage is beyond question. I don't know how many fouls he has on him every game.

"People want to see footballers like him and I think we have to give him encouragement and we do that. We tell him to keep doing what he is good at, not to stop."

redrus

2 more for the step-over kid.

Fergie made him captain for the night (The Canny old B.......)

Apparantly his free kick which notched up his 33rd goal for the season (in all comps) was a blinder - hopefully I'll get to see the goal today. (which is more than the Bolton goalie did at the time)

2 more for the step-over kid.

Fergie made him captain for the night (The Canny old B.......)

Apparantly his free kick which notched up his 33rd goal for the season (in all comps) was a blinder - hopefully I'll get to see the goal today. (which is more than the Bolton goalie did at the time)

A good result ken, although from what I've heard Bolton played quite well. Can't fault Ronaldo's goal scoring record thougm hot bad for a winger.

Looking forward to the big one on Sunday, and hopefully we can open up a bit more of a gap.

Manchester United 2 Bolton 0

by Footymad

Cristiano Ronaldo took his goal tally for the season to 33 with a magnificent double strike to sink relegation-haunted Bolton Wanderers at Old Trafford.

The result took Manchester United three points clear of Arsenal at the top of the Premier League and moved Ronaldo past the legendary George Best's total of 32 goals for a season in the 1967/68 campaign.

Over 30 goals in a season is some achievement, but for a winger it is a phenomenal figure and few people would have bet on Best's landmark ever being beaten.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson had gambled by resting several of his regulars ahead of the key Easter Sunday clash with Liverpool at Old Trafford - and it was a gamble which paid off.

Two goals in the opening 19 minutes put Bolton on the back foot, although they produced a spell of real pressure in the first period of the second half which posed the Red Devils problems.

Ronaldo was at the cutting edge of United's tremendous opening and he rose above the Bolton defence to head on Nani's ninth minute corner.

The ball fell for Carlos Tevez, whose spectacular overhead kick from ten yards was blocked.

However, Matt Taylor's clearance landed straight at the feet of Ronaldo 12 yards out and he scored with a right-foot chip into the top corner of the net.

Ronaldo's second goal ten minutes later was even more spectacular.

Brought down by Abdoulaye Meite 30 yards out, the Portuguese star sized up the opportunity and swerved a glorious right-foot free-kick beyond the Bolton wall and into the top left-hand corner of the net.

United had a host of chances to extend their lead through Nani, Tevez and Louis Saha, but they all went begging.

Bolton, whose only real chance of the first half came shortly before United's second goal when goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak produced a superb point-blank save to keep out Kevin Davies' close-range shot, forced the home side back at the start of the second period.

Kuszack produced a string of excellent saves to deny El Hadji Diouf, Davies and Nicky Hunt.

The best of the trio was Kuszack's fine tip over to keep out Hunt's blistering 30-yard drive.

United weathered the storm, but found Bolton goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi a significant roadblock to their efforts.

The best of his stops came in the 66th minute when he denied Ronaldo his hat-trick by touching away the United winger's shot from the edge of the box after he had beaten three men.

Then came the icing on United's cake with news of Tottenham's late equaliser against title rivals Chelsea at White Hart Lane.

redrus

Over 30 goals in a season is some achievement, but for a winger it is a phenomenal figure and few people would have bet on Best's landmark ever being beaten.

They where all lucky goals :o

Your lot should know! :D

Maybe it will be " 35 " on Sunday night :D:D BUT the 3 points are more important for sure :D

BT

Maybe it will be " 35 " on Sunday night :D:D BUT the 3 points are more important for sure :D

BT

I'm looking forward to a few beers with Scouse and enjoying the game, as he sits there in dismay and silence once again. :D

What can I say, well done United a professional job. :o

Watched the game with Scousemouse who is a good sport, and to be fair we all had a go at Mascherano, who acted like a complete pillock. He had already been warned by the ref after the first yellow and he just seemed hellbent on trying to get himself sent of for pure petulance. He may have said little, but I reckon that the fact that he ran across the pitch like a rabid Rattin to complain was the real problem. I have to say no sympathy, and if Benitez defends that sort of behaviour then he is a fool, as Mascherano has possibly cost Liverpool the game by getting himslef sent off for dissent. You really don't want to be playing with 10 men against United. A good game, and Reina saved Liverpool from being totally humiliated with a series of good saves.

On the home stretch now, and it's our to lose rather than win.