Manchester United

redrus

I'm glad he did either way to be fair, and Buttner going was a clear indicator someone was on the way in.

I like Evra, always have, and I think gets too much stick for not getting back after his forays forward, it's a team game and the whole defence and midfield have many questions to answer, not just him. #scapegoat

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

2 down........

post-16343-0-43136000-1403878209_thumb.j

Shaw signs for United

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Luke Shaw from Southampton Football Club. He joins on a four-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.

Shaw, 18, recently gained his third cap for England and was the youngest player to feature in this year’s World Cup campaign. The left-back has made 67 appearances for Southampton since making his debut in 2012.

Luke Shaw said: "I am thrilled and excited to be joining Manchester United. I have been at Southampton since I was eight years old and I would like to thank them and the fans for everything they have done for me. I want to continue to progress my career and joining United is the ideal place for me to do that. I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life and also looking forward to learning from the world-class players and management at the club."

Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs said: "Luke is a very talented young left-back with great potential. He has developed immensely during his time at Southampton and has all the attributes to become a top player. I am delighted he has joined Manchester United as I believe this is the right club for him to continue his development as a young player and eventually fulfil that promise."

redrus

Edited by redrus
  • Like 1

Luke shaw is only 18 Born: 12 Jul 1995

You are making us aware of that because..? You think we didn't know or what..? smile.png

redrus

Get yer teeth out of that newbie's shoulder you old fart cleric smile.png Somebody, probably not one of yer own flock, said he was 20 earlier in the thread.

Welcome to te footie forum IsaacHunt. I'd like to say that not everyone is as rude as father Redrus, but that would be a porky. With an avatar like that you'll fit in fine!

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

You are making us aware of that because..? You think we didn't know or what..? smile.png

redrus

Get yer teeth out of that newbie's shoulder you old fart cleric smile.png Somebody, probably not one of yer own flock, said he was 20 earlier in the thread.

Welcome to te footie forum IsaacHunt. I'd like to say that not everyone is as rude as father Redrus, but that would be a porky. With an avatar like that you'll fit in fine!

Ooooooooooooooooooh, who threw you nuts.....

You took my post the wrong way, thats why we have smilies Santi....... ;)giggle.gif

redrus

redrus

The right back error in a post was corrected and acknowleged .The same poster stated that Shaw is 20 ,nobody noticed/corrected it ,Forgive my newbieness.

• Like 2

redrus

I reckon Redrus is more used to pillow biting than doing a Suarezlaugh.png .Thanks for the welcome .

redrus

I reckon Redrus is more used to pillow biting than doing a Suarezlaugh.png .Thanks for the welcome .

Hahaha, wow wow wow sweet child o mine, bit harsh.....

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Evra - 43 game 2 goal 5 assist

Shaw - 36 game 0 goal 1 assist

Why replace Evra?

Kagawa smile, maybe it because he obnoxious French bastard!smile.png

courtesy @evilkagawa

Shaw is proper reaching for the stars, 8th placed club to 7th

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Its a huge sum for a kid.....would SAF have paid that amount for him do you think?

Yes.

redrus

Remember what he paid for Anderson.............

Ah, Mr. Anderson. He was much more menacing in the Matrix movies.wink.png

Its a huge amount....and Man Utd need at least two or three more quality players if they want to challenge for top four next season.

Maybe they will keep on spending?....one of the few clubs under FFP who can afford to.

Maybe they will keep on spending?....one of the few clubs under FFP who can afford to.

Which is crackers, as they are still in debt to the tune of £380m

Its all about revenue though....not a whiff of how they are being bled by their owners....crazy world of football!

Meanwhile North London is a bastion of good financial management....unfortunately in Highbury too I have to admit.

Did you all know United were offered James Rodriguez (just to reiterate, the truly outstanding player of this world cupwink.png ) for 5m but turned him down and opted for 7m Bebe instead!!

Priceless!!! cheesy.gif

Ah but Whisky Nose wasn't offered a cut from the Rodriguez dealwink.png

Did you all know United were offered James Rodriguez (just to reiterate, the truly outstanding player of this world cupwink.png ) for 5m but turned him down and opted for 7m Bebe instead!!

Priceless!!! cheesy.gif

Because players who have outstanding world cups never end up being duds at club level.

Priceless!!! cheesy.gif

smile.png

Agree.

I did read recently though that Rodriduez thinks the Prem is too physical for his game.

So maybe best that he didn't go to United.

( He'll cause damage against Brazil I reckon. Good job Falcao is injured. facepalm.gif)