Manchester United

redrus

blackett, jones and smalling in the back three, lingard and young at wing-back. brave new world for man united.

Bony might be licking his lips looking at those lads.

Can lick his own arse for all I care..!!

COME ON UNITED....!!! :lol:

redrus

blackett, jones and smalling in the back three, lingard and young at wing-back. brave new world for man united.

Bony might be licking his lips looking at those lads.

yeah interesting one isn't it? most teams went to old trafford last season confident they could get something 'cos united were no longer the scary prospect they used to be. so no reason for swansea not to give it a go today.

• Like 2

Has anybody got a view on van Gaal's proposed 3-5-2 set up?

Wing backs Shaw and Valencia are both out injured before the season has started.

I think theres something you need to know mate. Half the teams in the premier league could be opting for a 352 this season.

Regards United and van Gaal, surely he'll set up according to his strengths and weaknesses just like any other manager would

Really?? Who are they then?

I read an article commenting on a trend of 352 emerging but, first of all, as a Chelsea fan you had better look up what a 352 is all about, otherwise further talk would be lost on you. You know, its been around nearly as long as zonal markinglaugh.png

So tell me, even though he probably has more attacking flair in his squads midfield than any other manager has at his disposal, you reckon the Special Needs One will still be trying to kill games or we he dare to show some attacking flair?

Yep. He's paid £62mil for Costa and Fabregas for shirt revenue.

Good luck to the reds today, great to have the football back, bring the banter on.

Well tbh, I know it's early doors but I've had a couple of Guinness and a beef roll....and Swansea are 1 up at half time.

Moyesie's still available.

Oh dear, I think this might come back to haunt him....

"The Premier League is not tricky. Manchester United can go 50 games undefeated, very easy." - Van Gaal on [/size]#MUFC

There ain't no "think" about it Chicoq. It most definitely will come back to haunt him.

Deary me. That statement came back to haunt him much quicker than I even thought.

Welcome to the prem LVG.

Something was said on TV that United hadn't lost on the opening day(or something like that) since 1972

Gary Lineker: Van Gaal creates a record on his debut. The first MUFC manager to lose at home on the opening day of a Premier League season.

And that little bstrd Mike Dean took Mourinho's unbeaten record away from him.

No mercy this season.

War.

And still that tosser MIke dean refuses to blow his whistle. So Van Gaal time is 1m 40.

Mike Dean may, or may not, be a tosser but the added time he allowed was correct.

The extra 1 min 40 sec was added for the injury to Sigurdsson, which occurred during stoppage time. The stoppage to enable him to receive treatment was actually timed at 1 min 37 secs. wai2.gif

We played crap and deserved to lose by the way. Playing either Young or Nani is a 'luxury' we can't afford. To have them both on the pitch at the same time is plain stupid.

It's the Moyes squad but today plus Herrera minus Van Persie, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra. And second half ended up lumping crosses and long balls at Fellaini. Tactical genius stuff.

Yeah. Mourinho's watching closely, I'm sure.

Good for him. And it must reassure him during the dark times that you're on here mentioning him so often.

• Like 2

It's the Moyes squad but today plus Herrera minus Van Persie, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra. And second half ended up lumping crosses and long balls at Fellaini. Tactical genius stuff.

Yeah. Mourinho's watching closely, I'm sure.
Good for him. And it must reassure him during the dark times that you're on here mentioning him so often.

Yep. Fcking bleak at the moment. We're in 13th position in the Prem.

Back down to earth after that massive cup victory of Liverpool.

Hey rus lad, do you still think VG knows better than me with regards to how ordinary his squad is? Surely a very ordinary Swansea away side didn't need to prove that to him.

3-5-2 .....cos that's the best way to get the current squad working best.

Or something else when van Gaal has got the equipment.

Pellegrini and Rodgers are likely to give him major trouble.

Mourinho definitely will.

Feeling Lucky?

What can you say, very disappointed and we deserved nothing, missing a few players, but this just shows we need to strengthen.

Needed to do that last season....still at least three top quality players short.....same as us really.

I say give us time with Van Gaal tactic's and training methods plus we were missing 9 players and yeah we need to buy players sure they will come not for the money like some clubs whom buy success..

LvG has got a better winning record at every club he has managed. He has even surpassed the record of Sir Alex Ferguson (58.14 % wins in career) in winning percentage with 61.33% career wins. David Moyes was never near both of them at just 44.58%.

• Like 1

What can you say, very disappointed and we deserved nothing, missing a few players, but this just shows we need to strengthen.

Needed to do that last season....still at least three top quality players short.....same as us really.

You are getting as opinionated and dogmatic as your mate carmine.

Must be a spurs thing.

UNITED will finish higher than Spurs.

Get used to it.

I say give us time with Van Gaal tactic's and training methods plus we were missing 9 players and yeah we need to buy players sure they will come not for the money like some clubs whom buy success..
LvG has got a better winning record at every club he has managed. He has even surpassed the record of Sir Alex Ferguson (58.14 % wins in career) in winning percentage with 61.33% career wins. David Moyes was never near both of them at just 44.58%.

A win today, he is a genius....A loss today and he needs time.

It doesn't matter what his record is, he is not even close to SAF as a Manager, no one is. Just like Moyes he will find it hard to turn an average team in to a challenging one.

Swansea didn't do anything special today, that would worry me.

To be honest now every pundit has been saying the same give him three months to get use to the League and let the players get use to his methods.. Look what he did with Bayern Munich ....

On 1 July 2009, van Gaal took over as coach of Bayern Munich.[23][24] Van Gaal referred to his new employer as a "dream club". On 28 August 2009, van Gaal strengthened his team by signing compatriot Arjen Robben from Real Madrid; this reunited the two, with van Gaal selecting Robben for his debut in the Netherlands U20 team.[25][26][27]

Van Gaal got off to a poor start as Bayern coach, winning only one of his first four matches in charge, and by November the club was on the brink of a first-round Champions League exit following two losses to Bordeaux. With Bayer Leverkusen at the top of the Bundesliga, speculation was rampant that van Gaal was on the brink of a departure from Bayern even earlier than his predecessor Jürgen Klinsmann. Van Gaal, however, kept insisting he is a prozesstrainer meaning that his team needs time to play the way he imagines.[28]

Van Gaal installed many youth players as fixtures in the starting 11, including Thomas Müller and Holger Badstuber, and also converted the winger Bastian Schweinsteiger into a defensive midfielder. A feud with Italian striker Luca Toni, who had played an important role in Bayern's 2007–08 league and cup double, led to Toni's move to Roma. However, Bayern Munich's form improved with two Champions League victories including an impressive 4–1 victory over Juventus in Turin, which allowed them to progress from their group in second position behind Bordeaux. By March, Bayern had moved to the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal and were top of the Bundesliga ahead of Leverkusen.

On 8 May 2010, FC Bayern were crowned Bundesliga champions following a 3–1 win at Hertha BSC,[29] making van Gaal the first ever Dutch coach to win the Bundesliga.[30] 15 May 2010, Bayern won the DFB-Pokal with a 4–0 defeat of SV Werder Bremen, thus securing the domestic double.[31]

In the Champions League, Bayern won 4–4 on the away goals rule in the quarter-final against Manchester United[32] and 4–0 on aggregate against Olympique Lyonnais in the semi-final,[33] securing them a spot in the final, where van Gaal was to meet his former pupil and assistant at Barcelona, Internazionale coach José Mourinho.[34] Bayern lost theChampions League final 2–0, handing Inter a first Italian treble and thus failing to secure the treble themselves.[35] On 25 May 2010, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge expressed his desire to extend van Gaal's contract as the club was very happy with his performance, even though van Gaal still had one year of his contract to fulfill.[36] At the end of the season, van Gaal was voted Manager of the Year by the German professional footballers in the yearly poll organized by VDV (professional players' union in Germany) and kicker.[37][38]