Manchester United

redrus

I say give us time with Van Gaal tactic's and training methods plus we were missing 9 players and yeah we need to buy players sure they will come not for the money like some clubs whom buy success..
LvG has got a better winning record at every club he has managed. He has even surpassed the record of Sir Alex Ferguson (58.14 % wins in career) in winning percentage with 61.33% career wins. David Moyes was never near both of them at just 44.58%.

A win today, he is a genius....A loss today and he needs time.

It doesn't matter what his record is, he is not even close to SAF as a Manager, no one is. Just like Moyes he will find it hard to turn an average team in to a challenging one.

Swansea didn't do anything special today, that would worry me.

To be honest now every pundit has been saying the same give him three months to get use to the League and let the players get use to his methods.. Look what he did with Bayern Munich ....

On 1 July 2009, van Gaal took over as coach of Bayern Munich.[23][24] Van Gaal referred to his new employer as a "dream club". On 28 August 2009, van Gaal strengthened his team by signing compatriot Arjen Robben from Real Madrid; this reunited the two, with van Gaal selecting Robben for his debut in the Netherlands U20 team.[25][26][27]

Van Gaal got off to a poor start as Bayern coach, winning only one of his first four matches in charge, and by November the club was on the brink of a first-round Champions League exit following two losses to Bordeaux. With Bayer Leverkusen at the top of the Bundesliga, speculation was rampant that van Gaal was on the brink of a departure from Bayern even earlier than his predecessor Jürgen Klinsmann. Van Gaal, however, kept insisting he is a prozesstrainer meaning that his team needs time to play the way he imagines.[28]

Van Gaal installed many youth players as fixtures in the starting 11, including Thomas Müller and Holger Badstuber, and also converted the winger Bastian Schweinsteiger into a defensive midfielder. A feud with Italian striker Luca Toni, who had played an important role in Bayern's 2007–08 league and cup double, led to Toni's move to Roma. However, Bayern Munich's form improved with two Champions League victories including an impressive 4–1 victory over Juventus in Turin, which allowed them to progress from their group in second position behind Bordeaux. By March, Bayern had moved to the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal and were top of the Bundesliga ahead of Leverkusen.

On 8 May 2010, FC Bayern were crowned Bundesliga champions following a 3–1 win at Hertha BSC,[29] making van Gaal the first ever Dutch coach to win the Bundesliga.[30] 15 May 2010, Bayern won the DFB-Pokal with a 4–0 defeat of SV Werder Bremen, thus securing the domestic double.[31]

In the Champions League, Bayern won 4–4 on the away goals rule in the quarter-final against Manchester United[32] and 4–0 on aggregate against Olympique Lyonnais in the semi-final,[33] securing them a spot in the final, where van Gaal was to meet his former pupil and assistant at Barcelona, Internazionale coach José Mourinho.[34] Bayern lost theChampions League final 2–0, handing Inter a first Italian treble and thus failing to secure the treble themselves.[35] On 25 May 2010, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge expressed his desire to extend van Gaal's contract as the club was very happy with his performance, even though van Gaal still had one year of his contract to fulfill.[36] At the end of the season, van Gaal was voted Manager of the Year by the German professional footballers in the yearly poll organized by VDV (professional players' union in Germany) and kicker.[37][38]

saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

• Like 1

I say give us time with Van Gaal tactic's and training methods plus we were missing 9 players and yeah we need to buy players sure they will come not for the money like some clubs whom buy success..
LvG has got a better winning record at every club he has managed. He has even surpassed the record of Sir Alex Ferguson (58.14 % wins in career) in winning percentage with 61.33% career wins. David Moyes was never near both of them at just 44.58%.

It doesn't matter what his record is, he is not even close to SAF as a Manager, no one is. Just like Moyes he will find it hard to turn an average team in to a challenging one.

To be honest now every pundit has been saying the same give him three months to get use to the League and let the players get use to his methods.. Look what he did with Bayern Munich ....

I'm not questioning his record as a successful manager, there is no doubting he is a good manager.

But it seems pretty obvious he needs to bring new players in. The only 2 players brought in were signed off before he arrived at the club. So money and the United board seem to be dictating this situation not LVG. Which is a shame for him and United fans but we'll see I guess.

Sure i agree with you we need to buy but the market crazy these days to be fair just doing my rounds throw the papers this past hours same old story and yeah we have money and everybody knows we have money even before was seeing MUTV and phone ins plus David May & Ron Atkinson were saying the same we have money so why not if its going to cost us 40 plus million to sign a player Barca and Real do it ..... The game was very flat with Arsenal today just seeing the game now and that's flat plus Tottenham game was too ..

Scores say it all today

post-216468-0-09141300-1408212414_thumb.

Edited by NickyBurma
  • Like 1

I'm not questioning his record as a successful manager, there is no doubting he is a good manager.

But it seems pretty obvious he needs to bring new players in. The only 2 players brought in were signed off before he arrived at the club. So money and the United board seem to be dictating this situation not LVG. Which is a shame for him and United fans but we'll see I guess.

Righto, loads of work to do and players to be added. He still has until the end of August and surely United will pick up some quality from somewhere. If not they will be in a fix.

I don't rate Jones but he played well today.

Januzaj is still a work in progress in my book.

Still looks like some issues with fitting in the two headed critter that is Rooney/Mata.

FWIW the Korean kid was one of the best players on the pitch.

• Like 1

Sure i agree with you we need to buy but the market crazy these days to be fair just doing my rounds throw the papers this past hours same old story and yeah we have money and everybody knows we have money even before was seeing MUTV and phone ins plus David May & Ron Atkinson were saying the same we have money so why not if its going to cost us 40 plus million to sign a player Barca and Real do it ..... The game was very flat with Arsenal today just seeing the game now and that's flat plus Tottenham game was too ..

Scores say it all today

Pardon? Can you elucidate or are you a casual football poster?

Scores say it all today

Mad

Manchester United and Arsenal target has HUGE £40m price tag slapped on his back

The uncapped Brazilian midfielder has been linked with moves to both Old Trafford and the Emirates, as well as Italian giants AC Milan.

But Shakhtar bosses have slapped a £40m price tag on him, according to reports in Italy, saying he's better than Hulk.

The 24-year-old was one of a group who refused to return to the Ukraine earlier this summer after the problems in Crimea, which led to the possibility of a move but so far nothing has been agreed.

United boss Louis van Gaal, speaking after United's opening day defeat to Swansea, confirmed he wants to add more players to his squad, while Gunners boss Arsene Wenger also hinted at more activity speaking ahead of his side's game with Crystal Palace.

United are under pressure to bring in defenders with bids in for Marcos Rojo of Sporting Lisbon and Mehdi Benatia of Roma.

While Costa is an attacking player, it is still believed the Premier League bosses would be interested in him, although the huge price tag may put them off.

Read More : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/394810/Manchester-United-and-Arsenal-target-has-HUGE-40m-price-tag-slapped-on-his-back

Mad

Manchester United and Arsenal target has HUGE £40m price tag slapped on his back

The uncapped Brazilian midfielder has been linked with moves to both Old Trafford and the Emirates, as well as Italian giants AC Milan.

But Shakhtar bosses have slapped a £40m price tag on him, according to reports in Italy, saying he's better than Hulk.

The 24-year-old was one of a group who refused to return to the Ukraine earlier this summer after the problems in Crimea, which led to the possibility of a move but so far nothing has been agreed.

United boss Louis van Gaal, speaking after United's opening day defeat to Swansea, confirmed he wants to add more players to his squad, while Gunners boss Arsene Wenger also hinted at more activity speaking ahead of his side's game with Crystal Palace.

United are under pressure to bring in defenders with bids in for Marcos Rojo of Sporting Lisbon and Mehdi Benatia of Roma.

While Costa is an attacking player, it is still believed the Premier League bosses would be interested in him, although the huge price tag may put them off.

Read More : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/394810/Manchester-United-and-Arsenal-target-has-HUGE-40m-price-tag-slapped-on-his-back

Gremio have severe financial issues and are acutely aware that selling their most prized young asset could be the answer to those problems. With that in mind, they have informed prospective buyers they want £21m. United regard that as excessive for a player who has not yet played 20 senior games but they are hoping Gremio's position is negotiable and have put together a financial package, with an initial outlay of £7m, plus a series of success-related add-ons if the player lives up to the promise that has brought him to the attention of Ferguson via John Calvert-Toulmin, the club's principal scout in Brazil.

Read More http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jul/12/manchester-united-chase-gremio-douglas-costa

Edited by NickyBurma

think today was when van gaal realised how big a job he has to do. i expect them to lash a load of money on new signings before the end of august now. vidal, couple of dutchies. their squad is very, very thin. and massively unbalanced.

• Like 2

Yeah i like football my team Manchester United but also like to see other games you know like sporting in about 45 mins

don't worry about p45mustang mate. you keep on posting.

Brain in gear please StevieH. Wouldn't want any slip ups matey, would we.

Check out potential reasons why van Gaal might be struggling to recruit.

I have alluded to it in an earlier post.

Edited by P45Mustang

Yeah i like football my team Manchester United but also like to see other games you know like sporting in about 45 mins

Brain in gear please StevieH. Wouldn't want any slips up matey, would we.

You just turned on a new poster for no reason and told him to <deleted> Off.

Go to bed.

• Like 1

Brain in gear please StevieH. Wouldn't want any slip ups matey, would we.

give over lad. we're a friendly and welcoming community on here. play nice.

• Like 1

Brain in gear please StevieH. Wouldn't want any slips up matey, would we.

You just turned on a new poster for no reason and told him to <deleted> Off.

Go to bed.

Bang out of order. Man U are in the ascendance and StevieH just dumps the newbie. He's right of course but be gentle.

• Like 2

I have never in all my time on Thai or football related forums witnessed the level of indiscriminate trolling posting as what P45 puts out.

Just looked at his post count for today- 87 ...From what i've read most have been a dig at someone or the club they support.

I thought banter was meant to be fun amongst football fans ,p45 takes away that.sad.png

• Like 2