Manchester United

redrus

Fletcher does it again, now he's our leading goal scorer this season - How many of you blokes had Fletch in their Fantasy Dream Team - I Know I didn't.... :o

Next up Zentit Moscow in Monte Carlo I think ? Should I book the cabinet makers for extensions again ?

Fletcher does it again, now he's our leading goal scorer this season - How many of you blokes had Fletch in their Fantasy Dream Team - I Know I didn't.... :o

Next up Zentit Moscow in Monte Carlo I think ? Should I book the cabinet makers for extensions again ?

Fletcher cops so much stick but he has a habit of coming up with a goal when all else fails. The energy of Tevez was a contributing factor in the win and as usual Scholes confirmed why he is the best passer of a ball in British football. Capello , sitting in the stands , probably noted that in his lttle black book. Throw in Hargreaves , Ronaldo and Berbatov and Man U will give it a real shake again this season

Vidic 'hates England and wants Spain move'

By Soccernet staff

Updated: August 27, 2008, 9:26 AM UK

Comment

Email

Print

A case of mistranslation or the latest United star wanting to quit Manchester? An interview with Red Devils' defender Nemanja Vidic is sure to cause a storm after the Serbian international was quoted as saying he loathed the climate in England and aimed to play in Spain.

Russian magazine Football Weekly this month carries an interview in which Vidic may well have placed his long-term Manchester United future in doubt.

The 26-year-old defender said he had found it hard to adapt to life in England, saying: 'I will never stay to live in England, that's for sure. You get only a brief glimpse of sunlight before it's all cloudy again. The winters are mild, but in summer the temperatures seldom go higher than 20C. And it rains, rains, rains.

And he had harsh words for the quality of life for the country where he arrived in January 2006 after a spell at Spartak Moscow.

'It's not only the weather that I'm not happy about here. In Russia and Serbia the people's way of life is similar. In England it's totally different. Here they just don't have time to feel the joy of life.

'Throughout the week they all work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch break. Then in the evening they come home and watch the telly, so they can get up early for work the next day.

'The only time to meet friends is at weekends, but for football players it's the busiest time of all. It was much easier for me to adapt to Russia than England. In England I had no one to talk to. The first month was especially hard. I lived alone in a hotel, which I left only for training. I thought I would go crazy inside those four walls.'

Following the summer-long tug-of-war over Cristiano Ronaldo, Vidic's words about his playing future will have a familiar air to United fans: 'In future, I would like to test myself in another top league. I'm thinking of Spain. At least there will be no reason to complain about the weather.

And Mancunian fans of the English and European champions may well take offence at the comment that 'in England, they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station, where trains leave for other, less rainy cities.'

United and Vidic's next step will be one to look out for.

Vidic has already refuted that story as totally misconstrued....! He comes from Serbia <deleted>, not Mexico.... :o

August 27th, 2008

Vidic Loves And Respects Us Really

Nemanja Vidic is a player who is much loved at United, following a difficult start to his career at Old Trafford. Since settling, he has shown himself to be one of the best centre backs in the World, forming a solid partnership with Rio Ferdinand.

So, United fans were a little dumbfounded this morning when reading reports quoting Vidic as slagging off our beloved city.

“I will never stay to live in England, that’s for sure,” said Vidic. “You get only a brief glimpse of sunlight before it’s all cloudy again. The winters are mild but in summer the temperatures seldom go higher than 20C. And it rains, rains, rains. In future, I would like to test myself in another top league. I’m thinking of Spain. At least there will be no reason to complain about the weather. In England, they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station, where trains leave for other, less rainy cities.”

Ouch.

Whilst I’d never criticise Vidic, for the fear of facing his wrath, I’m pleased to reveal I have no need to, with the Serbian quickly clarifying the reports later today.

Turns out Vidic has been misquoted and he was merely reflecting on the struggles he first faced when he joined the club, which he has previously spoken about publicly.

“I’d like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks,” he said. “I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester but that does not reflect how I feel now. I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I’m very happy to be a part of this great club. I think I show that in the way I play every week. I also have far too much respect for the people of Manchester and England to criticise them in this way.”

Phew, well that’s good to know. The Rio-Vidic partnership has several quality years left in it yet and Nemanja would be a mug to leave this team!

Vidic: I'm happy at United

MEN

27/ 8/2008

UNITED centre-back Nemanja Vidic has denied the comments attributed to him regarding the Manchester weather and English life and insists he is "very happy" at Old Trafford.

The tough-tackling defender was reported to be keen on a move to Spain in order to escape from Manchester's persistent rain.

However, Vidic told www.manutd.com: "I'd like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks. I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester, but that does not reflect how I feel now.

"I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I'm very happy to be a part of this great club. I think I show that in the way I play every week. I also have far too much respect for the people of Manchester, and England, to criticise them in this way."

redrus

Aug 29

Preview: Man Utd v Zenit St. Petersburg

Red Rant@ 10:00

Today is 07/08 season hangover day. A day where we play a game to prove we are better than a team that didn’t qualify for the Champions’ League. To be honest, I don’t get the point of a Super Cup. It’s not really super, whether we win it or lose it. Playing the UEFA Cup winners could be tricky, but it’s more like a glorified version of the Community Shield — a curtain raiser to the footballing calendar in Europe.

But, I do want us to win this one. The Super Cup doesn’t come every day, so I’d gladly take this, as well as the World Club Championship later this year.

In team news, Fergie said that Hargreaves could start, but also added that he won’t be fit enough to face Andorra for England. I agree with the boss. Playing for England at the moment is pointless. (Before you jump on me, yes, it is personal bias.)

Nani will definitely start and I hope he’ll be hungry as hel_l. I genuinely hope he comes of age this season. Park Ji-Sung could come off the bench too. So despite the apparent cramping of our schedule, we are getting to see players returning from injury in non-Premier League games.

In terms of formation, Rooney and Tevez should start up front; Nani, Scholes, Anderson, Hargreaves in midfield, Evra, Rio, Vida and Brown in defence. (Or perhaps, Fergie might choose to start Neville too).

The good thing is that we are getting very close to our first team. And today’s team will be the nucleus of the one that will play Liverpool on the 13th. A good performance now would augur well going into the international break, considering the disjointed displays from Liverpool of late.

Zenit will be without Arshavin. But I hear they can still be a handful without their influential playmaker. So there…

I am excited, I hope you are too.

Prediction: 2-0 to United

What the hel_l was the Goalkeeper, Defender and Midfield award about anyway? Was this some kind of a joke? Petr Cech for all his past brilliance has never been the same player since his head injury. John Terry? Give me a fuc_kin’ break. And I don’t understand Lampard getting the best midfield award either.

So someone, kindly explain.

Yup. No more news on the Berbatov front. Let’s wait for the clock to whittle down. Although if Tottenham continue to be linked with the likes of Miguel Veloso, then I don’t see any point in them holding on to Berba.

Back to today’s game though. Come on you reds!!!

29/ 8/2008

UNITED boss Sir Alex Ferguson is "less optimistic" about prising Dimitar Berbatov's away from Tottenham.

The Reds - who were drawn against Celtic in this season's Champions League group stages again and face Zenit St Peterburg in the Super Cup tonight - are finding it hard to make a breakthrough in the long-running transfer saga.

With Monday's deadline looming, Fergie admitted: "I'm less optimistic so we'll carry on.

"I've no idea what's going on. It's very hard to get communication with some people in life."

United chief executive David Gill added: "Clearly there's not long to go. We're working on it but I've been doing transfers for many, many years and know nothing is done until it's done."

Gill is looking forward to facing Celtic again as champions - the two sides last met in the competition in 2006-07 - and said: "It's a great event, their passionate fans and our passionate fans. You get a tingle in your spine when you see the flashbacks to Moscow. Everyone at the club is very motivated."

redrus

What the hel_l was the Goalkeeper, Defender and Midfield award about anyway? Was this some kind of a joke? Petr Cech for all his past brilliance has never been the same player since his head injury. John Terry? Give me a fuc_kin' break. And I don't understand Lampard getting the best midfield award either.

I was wondering exactly the same thing. Maybe they gave Terry one out of sympathy?

And surely Ronaldo should have got the Midfielder award? Just cos he score lots of goals doesn't mean he's a striker.

Anyway, for the second time of asking, anyone know if the Super Cup is being aired in Thailand?

What the hel_l was the Goalkeeper, Defender and Midfield award about anyway? Was this some kind of a joke? Petr Cech for all his past brilliance has never been the same player since his head injury. John Terry? Give me a fuc_kin' break. And I don't understand Lampard getting the best midfield award either.

I was wondering exactly the same thing. Maybe they gave Terry one out of sympathy?

And surely Ronaldo should have got the Midfielder award? Just cos he score lots of goals doesn't mean he's a striker.

Anyway, for the second time of asking, anyone know if the Super Cup is being aired in Thailand?

I have been scouring all media for chances of seeing tonights game in Monaco but not looking good. Dont ring True ,a waste of time ,again.

The Berbatov deal is fading. Could we see Henrik Larsson back for a loan spell ??? Saha is apparently going to Everton .For there sake hope he doesnt get injured getting out of bed tomorrow.

Saha adds experience to Everton

Everton FC have signed French international striker Louis Saha from Manchester United FC for an undisclosed fee.

Saha, 30, has agreed a two-year contract with the option for a further season, subject to a medical. The FC Metz product first arrived in England eight years ago with Fulham FC, helping them to promotion in his first season with 27 goals, before an €18.5m transfer to United in January 2004. Although Saha struggled with injury during his time at Old Trafford, he played his part in their Premier League title wins over the last two seasons and appeared five times on their route to their 2008/09 UEFA Champions League victory. During his time in England he has scored 106 club goals in 278 appearances.

Busy week

A 1997 UEFA European Under-18 Championship winner, Saha has been capped 18 times by France at senior level with four goals and was a member of the squad that reached the 2006 FIFA World Cup final, though he was suspended for the Berlin decider against Italy. Saha joins a club preparing for today's UEFA Cup first round draw and his arrival continues a busy week at Goodison Park, with the additions of out-of-contract right-back Lars Jacobsen and Ecuador midfielder Segundo Castillo, who has signed on a one-year loan from FK Crvena Zvezda.

redrus

Saha is apparently going to Everton .For there sake hope he doesnt get injured getting out of bed tomorrow.

For their sakes? I think for our sakes too mate!

P.S. Have you checked a copy of Bangkok Post to see if there's any listing for the game tonight?

Saha is apparently going to Everton .For there sake hope he doesnt get injured getting out of bed tomorrow.

For their sakes? I think for our sakes too mate!

P.S. Have you checked a copy of Bangkok Post to see if there's any listing for the game tonight?

No listing I have been told although I didnt get a copy just rang a friend

Hargreaves out of Super Cup

29/ 8/2008

MANCHESTER United midfielder Owen Hargreaves has pulled out of tonight's UEFA Super Cup encounter with Zenit St Petersburg after suffering a recurrence of his long-standing knee injury in training.

He was due to make a 45-minute appearance in Monaco and there had been some speculation Hargreaves could even find his way into Fabio Capello's squad for next month's World Cup qualifiers against Andorra and Croatia despite Sir Alex Ferguson rejecting the theory yesterday.

But any hope of Hargreaves donning the Three Lions again has now been squashed, with the midfielder missing the Zenit game tonight.

The extent of the 27-year-old's problem is not clear but his absence is a blow given Michael Carrick is also out with an ankle injury.

Hargreaves will certainly be frustrated as he has missed United's entire pre-season so far.

The former Bayern Munich man has had injections to ease a tendinitis problem that first surfaced last summer, just after his move to Old Trafford.

Having sat out United's pre-season tour to South Africa, it was thought Hargreaves would be available for United's early season games.

That may still be the case given the Reds are not in action again until they visit Liverpool on September 13 but there are bound to be concerns over the £18m man's long-term availability.

redrus

2-1 to Zenit.

Updated: August 29, 2008, 10:38 PM UK

MONACO, August 29 -- Zenit St Petersburg romped to a surprise UEFA Super Cup victory over European champions Manchester United at Monaco's Stade Louis II on Friday.

Pavel Pogrebynak opened the scoring and Danny, who cost an astonishing £24million, extended the UEFA Cup winners' lead before Nemanja Vidic pulled a goal back.

United's misery was completed late on when Paul Scholes was sent off for a second bookable offence after committing a deliberate handball in the area with United looking to draw level.

While there will be bigger prizes to win than the Super Cup and more competitive games, it is clear the Champions League holders are thin on numbers in attack.

Cristiano Ronaldo helped lighten their load in spectacular fashion last season with 42 goals. But he is currently sidelined through injury and United, not surprisingly, miss his cunning and eye for goal.

Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez worked hard but could not break down the Russian side, who sealed a memorable victory.

Sir Alex Ferguson had spoken on the eve of the match of his admiration for managerial counterpart Dick Advocaat -- and United found themselves chasing the game.

Former Rangers boss Advocaat has won widespread acclaim for the way he has transformed Zenit and turned them into winners.

The Russians chalked up a notable double last season securing the UEFA Cup and their domestic title.

It was obvious from the start their confidence was high and they took the game to United.

United were anxious to make up for the disappointment of losing to Lazio the last time they appeared in the Super Cup nine years ago.

However Pogrebnyak was quickly into the action and peeled away from his marker before spooning his effort over the top.

United responded and Tevez sent a shot into the body of Vyacheslav Maleev after 19 minutes.

Zenit carried a threat for set-pieces, though, and a superb free kick from Alejandro Dominguez went narrowly wide of the post five minutes later .

Rooney almost put United ahead in the 35th minute after a surging run by Tevez only for the goalkeeper to make a marvellous block.

Zenit hit back immediately and Ivica Krizanac came close after another good free kick from Dominguez.

Danny then headed wide in the 42nd minute before Pogrebnyak made the breakthrough. He headed in at the back post after Igor Denisov had flicked on a corner from Dominguez to leave United rattled.

The unsettled Andrei Arshavin, who has been linked with a move to Tottenham, came on for Zenit at the start of the second half but Rooney gave them a scare in the 56th minute, getting clear on the edge of area only to see his effort go narrowly wide of the post.

Tempers flared a minute later when Vidic and Pogrebynak were left on the floor in a nasty clash of heads.

Anderson, in particular took exception to the challenge and was booked for his troubles.

Zenit stunned United again in the 60th minute by extending their lead with a magnificent effort from Danny.

He ran from deep, shrugged off Rio Ferdinand and cut inside before rifling a shot beyond Edwin Van der Sar.

United were stung but pulled a goal back in the 73rd minute when Vidic scored from close range after Tevez had cut the ball back from the by line.

Substitute John O'Shea almost pulled United level in the 86th minute, only to see his header tipped away by the goalkeeper.

Zenit then launched a swift counter attack and Danny chipped Van der Sar but his effort went over the bar.

United's irritation at playing second fiddle to Zenit was emphasised at the death with Scholes dismissed for palming the ball into the net and he will now be suspended for the home Champions League game against Villarreal.

Friday, August 29 Man Utd 1

Zenit St Petersburg 2 Final

Hey JS

Do I detect a certain amount of glee when you double posted Manchester United's loss to Zenit.

There was me thinking Mods were impartial......... :D

Here's hoping the Mullets under your kilt wreck havoc Possum...... :o

P.S. I think we were saving ourselves for the League Cup...... :D

Berba to have the Veron effect? I hope not….

Dimitar Berbatov was again left out of the Spurs side that traveled to Stamford Bridge today - fueling the speculation even more that the grumpy Bulgarian is on his way out of the North London club. Along with the circus style transfer saga of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid with the jester, Ramon Calderon, providing extensive comedy material throughout the summer, the Berbatov transfer has driven both set of fans mad. It’s obvious that Berbatov wants a move to Manchester United, it’s obvious that Manchester United want the player (having bid over 20 Million pounds is usually a good sign) and it is obviously clear that Tottenham want to get as much money for their star man as possible - and why not!? We ridiculed Real Madrid for their approaches towards Ronaldo since the Champions League final, especially after Calderon had stated that United should be ‘honoured to be involved in such a historic transfer’ whilst also trying to comically set the transfer fee of the player that he is after - so Tottenham are correct in their stance on the valuation of Berbatov. The thing is, with players getting more and more power nowadays (and with the head of FIFA not helping with crazy inaccurate comments) it is harder to take a harsh stance and banish the player to the reserves. The introduction of the Webster ruling has also helped those players wanting to make a move away from a club or negotiate a new contract with the club. Reports have suggested that Berbatov could even leave the Premier League for good and sign for Barcelona, something that Spurs would surely favour.

Andy Webster’s transfer wrangle could have an even bigger impact than the Bosmon Ruling.

This isn’t about investigating whether or not players should be able to take advantage of a ruling that gives clubs even less power over their players - it’s about whether or not the proposed Dimitar Berbatov deal will actually aid Manchester United’s attacking options this season. So far we have scored two goals in two Premier League matches - hardly scintillating form - however one must remember the amount of goals we’d scored at the same point last season - one! We were in an even worse position in the league having drawn with both Reading and Portsmouth - so I don’t really see the need for panic stations just yet. Anyone watching United last season would know that the attacking play was based upon extremely good movement from the front four that was backed up by sublime creativity of the centre two. Rooney and Tevez have the capability of dropping deep which as a defender is a nightmare. You do not know whether you must push up or hold your position, which allows the player more space to turn and create havoc. Wayne Rooney has had a torrid time in the press lately, which I would argue is quite harsh. His work rate and movement enabled Cristiano Ronaldo to utilise the space and score a number of those 42 goals. Now not many teams play with a pass and move style similar to United’s in the Premier League - the reason is you need good technical players that can combine intelligence/awareness with exceptional athletic ability. In Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Giggs, Nani and sometimes Park - United have that, although in order to play this high level pass and move game it needs time to develop and it is no surprise that some of the games so far have been flat at times. Ronaldo didn’t score his first Premier League goal till the end of September, which although came through a mistake by the full back rather than the movement i’m talking about, shows that it can take time to click and I don’t agree with the ‘United need a target man‘ comments I read in most newspapers. Berbatov has much more to his game that simply being someone who can hold the ball up and allow the midfield to push up, but how will his inclusion in the side affect the style of play that we now adopt that was so pivotal in the success of the club last season?

“Fergie i’ve found the perfect target man for you…”

In 2003 Carlos Alberto Parreira left the coaching conference stunned with his prediction that 4-6-0 would become the next big tactical innovation. Five year ago I would have been equally as stunned by the comments of the World Cup Winner who ironically was in charge of a side that is renowned for its creative flair, self expression and extreme hard work. 4-6-0 sounds an extremely negative line up - which you would expect teams visiting Old Trafford to adopt not United. If Parreira is right and 4-6-0 becomes common in our domestic game but more likely in the European game then why do we need to have a target man? The blogger, Jonathan Wilson, has written a superb book on the evolution of tactics throughout the history of football. It highlights the forward thinking of the Eastern Europeans, which actually relates to this movement section, with the withdrawn forward which brought England to its knees in the 5-3 humiliation at Wembley in 1953. As you may be aware, the English aren’t the most liked nation throughout the world and this opinion doesn’t change when analysing the footballing philosophy. The Peter Crouch and Jermaine Defoe partnership is the latest strikeforce that would have the old fashioned critics drooling at the mouth. ‘Find the big man up front and the little lad will feed off the scraps’ is common amongst the discussions of our local publics houses up and down the country - a view I do not subscribe to. Football, well good football, is about movement and intelligent players who are able to find space and receive the ball, with the confidence that they keep the ball even when under pressure. A high pressing tempo game is useless when playing against a side that can keep the ball under pressure - a factor that has been found out by the England national team over the years. The movement of the ‘front four’ last year was sublime at times - this wouldn’t have been possible had United adopted a more rigid system that was evident in the season prior to the transfer of Ruud VanNistelrooy to Real Madrid. United looked a much better outfit at the end of the 2005/06 season with Louis Saha partnering Wayne Rooney in attack. The comparison to what followed the next season was immense with United playing a much more fluid and quick brand of football that was non existent in the latter years of VanNistelrooy’s career at United. Don’t get me wrong - I hold fond memories of VanNistelrooy but the evolution of football over the past five years combined with his injuries meant that United could no longer incorporate the Dutch striker in the starting lineup.

The 4-6-0 system means players like VanNistelrooy can’t be incorporated

So where does Seba Veron fit into this? Veron, unfairly, is usually amongst the worst transfer of all time due to the enormous price tag that accompanied his move to Old Trafford. Veron was a world class player who was capable of pure genius, especially in the Champions League but mainly failed to adapt to the high tempo games in the Premier League - most noticeable his lethargic performance against Chelsea when United went down 3-0 at home. Was Veron right for United? Looking back no, of course he wasn’t. United won the 2003 title, however did so without Veron in the 2-2 draw at Highbury against Arsenal and the 4-0 victory over Liverpool at Old Trafford in the title run in. He did make an anonymous appearance in the 4-3 thriller against Madrid at home - which saw David Beckham putting in a superb performance having coming on to replace Veron in what would be his last Champions League game for United. Depending on what you read Veron was the second choice transfer target for Fergie in the summer of 2001 with United reportedly wanting to controversially recruit the then Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira. For one reason or another the deal didn’t come off and United turned attentions to the Argentinian midfielder who was a key member of the Lazio squad. The signing of Veron was exciting at the time - considering United had also signing Ruud VanNistelrooy for 19Million - and a new five man midfield with Paul Scholes adopting a role just behind the striker. Anyone that saw the early part of the 2001/02 season would remember how the five man midfield, with Scholes looking uncomfortable out of position, didn’t work and Fergie tried to find a balance whereby his existing midfield of Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs and sometimes Butt and Neville could accompany the vision and creativity of Veron. Of course the transfer of Stam to Lazio didn’t help matters, considering United had been linked to Thuram that summer also, with the aging legs of Laurent Blanc coming into replace the Dutchman - but United had more than enough quality to win a fourth successive Premier League title, however were beaten by an unfancied Arsenal side - who were brilliant at times that season. So will the signing of Berbatov, regardless of the unique gifts the Bulgarian has, jeopardise United’s chances of securing another double? What will happen if Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney are fit to play? Will Fergie try and play all three in the same way Veron was played in an already established midfield? There is no doubt that he is a class act and I do like watching him play but is he really what is needed at Old Trafford? Too many English journalists believe United are ‘crying out’ for a target man in the mold of Berbatov to finish off all of the chances United are creating. I don’t agree with this and generally believe that, like last season, United will start to get their flow back and start to destroy teams with good movement, intelligence and overall effective passing that will leave defenders not knowing who to pick up. We had the same criticism last season - lets hope we finish the same way too.

redrus

BATTLE FOR BERBA: United counter City's Dimitar bid by offering Spurs 20m plus Fraizer Campbell

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 3:16 PM on 01st September 2008

The deadline-day race for Spurs' wantaway striker Simitar Berbatov is really hotting up as Manchester United have made Tottenham an improved offer.

Sportsmails online understands that boss Mark Hughes will meet with the Bulgaria centre forward after Tottenham accepted City's £34million bid.

But it seems that Old Trafford officials have reacted to City's audacious swoop by offering Tottenham £20m and young striker Fraizer Campbell for Berbatov.

Campbell, 20, made his name scoring 15 goals when on loan at Hull last season.

redrus

But it seems that Old Trafford officials have reacted to City's audacious swoop by offering Tottenham £20m and young striker Fraizer Campbell for Berbatov.

And they call City's bid audacious. They might as well have offered 20m plus free laundry and a kit man :o

Nah mate unlike yours, in our dressing room the kit man isn't good enough to get on the pitch....! :D

redrus

September 1st, 2008

Berbatov At Carrington With Ferguson… But Real Madrid Bid £36.5 million

The latest reports are now saying that Dimitar Berbatov was driven to our Carrington training ground and is in talks with Sir Alex Ferguson, after the manager himself went to pick him up. Excitement around the red side of Manchester mounted, until a bulletin on Sky Sports News announced that Real Madrid were bidding a whopping £36.5 million for the player. Desperate for a big signing and probably eager to get one over on the club that denied them Cristiano Ronaldo, the Spanish club are doing all they can to throw a spanner in the works for us.

Mark Hughes confirmed that the offer they had put in for Berbatov was a British transfer record, meaning we were are looking at something around the £33 million mark. If this bid is accepted, then it will still be down to Berbatov which club he plays for, even though Real Madrid have offered more.

Of course though, this will be testing times for Ferguson’s negotiation skills. Real Madrid are obviously a massive club, but the fact that they haven’t been able to secure any of their transfer targets this season, as well as Robinho desperately wanting out of the club, indicates life isn’t so rosy at the Bernabeu. However, making Berbatov aware of that is what will be important.

The news must reach Ferguson of Real Madrid’s bid before he allows the player to leave Carrington. It is rare for a player to meet with Ferguson and then decide against a move to United. Whilst explaining to Berbatov all the privileges that come with being a United player, as well as the trophies he can win, he’ll have been discussing reasons against signing for City. He now has Real Madrid to contend with as well.

Essentially, if Manchester United are willing to match the bid City have already had accepted, and Berbatov is as keen to sign for us as he makes out, then by the end of the day he will be a United player. But we can’t rule his head getting turned by Real Madrid, as has happened with so many players before.

edit. 5pm. After an hour and a half of talks, Ferguson has left Carrington.

redrus

And they call City's bid audacious. They might as well have offered 20m plus free laundry and a kit man :o

Nah mate unlike yours, in our dressing room the kit man isn't good enough to get on the pitch....! :D

:D

So your saying Cambell is worth about £13m :D

September 1st, 2008

Berbatov At Carrington With Ferguson… But Real Madrid Bid £36.5 million

The latest reports are now saying that Dimitar Berbatov was driven to our Carrington training ground and is in talks with Sir Alex Ferguson, after the manager himself went to pick him up. Excitement around the red side of Manchester mounted, until a bulletin on Sky Sports News announced that Real Madrid were bidding a whopping £36.5 million for the player. Desperate for a big signing and probably eager to get one over on the club that denied them Cristiano Ronaldo, the Spanish club are doing all they can to throw a spanner in the works for us.

Mark Hughes confirmed that the offer they had put in for Berbatov was a British transfer record, meaning we were are looking at something around the £33 million mark. If this bid is accepted, then it will still be down to Berbatov which club he plays for, even though Real Madrid have offered more.

Of course though, this will be testing times for Ferguson's negotiation skills. Real Madrid are obviously a massive club, but the fact that they haven't been able to secure any of their transfer targets this season, as well as Robinho desperately wanting out of the club, indicates life isn't so rosy at the Bernabeu. However, making Berbatov aware of that is what will be important.

The news must reach Ferguson of Real Madrid's bid before he allows the player to leave Carrington. It is rare for a player to meet with Ferguson and then decide against a move to United. Whilst explaining to Berbatov all the privileges that come with being a United player, as well as the trophies he can win, he'll have been discussing reasons against signing for City. He now has Real Madrid to contend with as well.

Essentially, if Manchester United are willing to match the bid City have already had accepted, and Berbatov is as keen to sign for us as he makes out, then by the end of the day he will be a United player. But we can't rule his head getting turned by Real Madrid, as has happened with so many players before.

edit. 5pm. After an hour and a half of talks, Ferguson has left Carrington.

redrus

That's just pure BBC, Fan can write in & say what he wants, nonsense, with i doubt, even the tiniest of truth in it.. :D

I may be wrong though..:o

Fergie delight at capture

United boss hails 'key' signing

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson could not hide his delight after completing the capture of Dimitar Berbatov.

The 27-year-old penned a four-year deal at Old Trafford on Monday evening, just hours before the transfer window closed - ending a summer long chase for United.

post-16343-1220335096_thumb.jpg

The Red Devils and Tottenham finally agreed a deal worth just over £30million with Spurs also getting United striker Fraizer Campbell on loan for the rest of the season.

"This is a key signing," beamed Ferguson.

"Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.

"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I'm sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

Berbatov was pleased to have finally sealed his move to United.

"Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me," he said.

"I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours in the years

We get to keep Campbell too, great dealing Alex, well done fella. I'm happy as this morning.....!

redrus

Fergie delight at capture

United boss hails 'key' signing

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson could not hide his delight after completing the capture of Dimitar Berbatov.

The 27-year-old penned a four-year deal at Old Trafford on Monday evening, just hours before the transfer window closed - ending a summer long chase for United.

post-16343-1220335096_thumb.jpg

The Red Devils and Tottenham finally agreed a deal worth just over £30million with Spurs also getting United striker Fraizer Campbell on loan for the rest of the season.

"This is a key signing," beamed Ferguson.

"Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.

We all know Fergie is a genius at manipulating a situation. I guarantee his parting words to young Frazier were "Go down to London son learn your trade and come back to play with us" knowing he is not yet up to the top level and now Spurs will have pay his wages. Berbatov is the last piece in the jig saw and Spurs top Spurs man David Levy will hate Ferguson even more than he does now.

Finally what the bet that Saha will do a hammy geting out of bed tomorrow. Moyes comment when signing him "We hope to have him on the field soon" Well isnt that what your buy players for ? How confident is Moyes with Louis but at least they got him for zip ,except for his weekly wage that is. I think Man U paid 12 million quid ,you win ,you lose thats football.