Manchester United

redrus

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

United deserved the win yesterday.  Yet more validity to the argument of possession being overrated with United quite happy to let us have the ball with Spurs not doing enough with it.  Carrick yet again the backbone of your defense.  One swallow doesn't make a summer but United looked more assured and organized than i've seen before this season and atlas Mourinho is improving his team selections so all in all a well earned win and a good day all round for you.

i know Fellaini is dog average but is it helpful for fans to boo their own player?

The Booing was bang out of order they are not real United fans in my eyes, class what Mourinio did dedicating the win to Fellaini and also he said Fellaini is a player I rate and like so get used to it.

Yes we deserved the win today but it could quiet easily of been a draw if Spurs took one of their chances.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Only 6 points behind you now, your Toots must be twitching."

Proof in that statement there of the decline of mighty manchester united. Thank you.

What proof we are starting to look good again have a solid defence now, city on the other hand have a dodgy keeper and a very average defence, 50 mil for Stones what a waste he is shocking.

3 minutes ago, nev said:

The Booing was bang out of order they are not real United fans in my eyes, class what Mourinio did dedicating the win to Fellaini and also he said Fellaini is a player I rate and like so get used to it.

Yes we deserved the win today but it could quiet easily of been a draw if Spurs took one of their chances.

In the big games you must take your chances and we didn't.  I have to say the United midfield did an excellent job in cutting off the supply to Kane.  That for me was a key reason you won the game.

that Micky as MrEd calls him looks a terrific player.  Why did it take so long to give him a run in the team i wonder?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

In the big games you must take your chances and we didn't.  I have to say the United midfield did an excellent job in cutting off the supply to Kane.  That for me was a key reason you won the game.

that Micky as MrEd calls him looks a terrific player.  Why did it take so long to give him a run in the team i wonder?

They said he wasn't fit and took a long time to get used to the move and Manchester he needed that goal in midweek as he confidence was low,hey ho scores again  and is real class i think and can make united tick.

There was a zip about Uniteds play, especially in the first half ,that we have not see for so long I can't remember when.The ball was flying around like a pin ball machine.

Mourinho is geting closer to knowing his best team and the fringe players will be thanking their lucky stars there is more than one competition.

In fact would not surprise me one bit to see Zlatan,Herrara,Martial,Carrick rested for CP this mid week,Valencia is suspended.

Pullis will be parking the bus next weekend you can bet on that.

The much maligned Jones and Rojo were comfortable at the back the only player not to be was Darmien.Thats the most games Jones has played consecutively for 2 years.

Not sure how many times United have hit the woodwork this season must be nearly double digits.Need more goals,GD is only 4.

Shaw is apparently injured but seems to be a veil of secrecy regarding him.Still think eventually he will be Englands first choice LB

MOM of the match would be a hard choice between Herrara (work horse),Valencia, Mkhityaryan, Jones or Rojo ,take your pick.

Not a bad week considering the travel.

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Only 6 points behind you now, your Toots must be twitching."

Proof in that statement there of the decline of mighty manchester united. Thank you.

Who cares.

Here you are Sparkles. (Will appear eventually!)

Hit Woodwork
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Filter By Season
2016/17
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Reset Filters

This table ranks teams based on the currently selected stat type

Rank Club Stat 

Bournemouth

Arsenal

Manchester City

Stoke City

Manchester United

Liverpool

Southampton

Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea

West Ham United

Crystal Palace

Everton

Leicester City

Middlesbrough

Swansea City

Burnley

Watford

West Bromwich Albion

Hull City

Sunderland
Edited by wilai

4 hours ago, nev said:

Man Utd v St Etienne.

Take me back to my trip in the 70's, bread rolls raining down on us,55555.

Isn't that when Utd fans got the team kicked out of the competition? The club was reinstated on condition the return leg was played outside Manchester.....so Man Utd played at home in Plymouth.

On 12/12/2016 at 10:34 AM, mrbojangles said:

And Bournemouth in 12th position are only 6 points behind you. Just saying

Not anymore, up to 8th place before today's round after a convincing win over Leicester,  only 3 points behind now.

United needs to produce a win today or else you can say good bye to top 4. 

Edited by balo

20 minutes ago, balo said:

Not anymore, up to 8th place before today's round after a convincing win over Leicester,  only 3 points behind now.

United needs to produce a win today or else you can say good bye to top 4. 

Huh!!  We're not even halfway through the season!!!  

On 12/12/2016 at 11:41 PM, champers said:

Isn't that when Utd fans got the team kicked out of the competition? The club was reinstated on condition the return leg was played outside Manchester.....so Man Utd played at home in Plymouth.

Yes mate, their was a bread strike at the time and the St Etienne fans brought bread to throw at us, let's just say we retaliated and then it went off big time and the coppers wading in with truncheons got set upon too.

42 minutes ago, nev said:

Another solid performance and now we are getting the wins we deserve, zlatan what a fantastic player he is, strong as a Ox defenders know they are in a game playing against them, Pogba brilliant again but this time sitting back more and protecting the back line.

Now a well deserved  week off and then 3 winnable games coming up, Top 4 coming into the new year who knows.

Great times being a red, the boss has brought the siege mentality back, and the team going to the fans the last two games is a top touch for our fantastic away support.

Well, its all very disturbing. Even Rojo is playing well.

On 10/23/2016 at 6:23 PM, BangrakBob said:

One league goal since August for Ibra, great signing as you were all telling me!

On 10/24/2016 at 5:52 AM, Chicog said:

I could never see the value in paying him what he wanted.

He's out of his depth in the Premier League. Mertesacker is probably faster.

:smile:

On 10/25/2016 at 4:42 PM, smokie36 said:

The rot at Utd is from the top down imho.

Surprising what difference a few weeks and a settled side makes   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, carmine said:

When he's not trying to break someones legs, yes,  he's much improved.

Praise for a United player Carms? I bet that hurt...........going soft in your old age :cheesy:

keep up the good work though :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Praise for a United player Carms? I bet that hurt...........going soft in your old age :cheesy:

keep up the good work though :thumbsup:

I've actually praised a number of United players this season if you would atleast have the courtesy to read posts before retorting with some childish bullshit comment.

There are some good knowledgeable posters on the United forum.  Shame you have to lower the tone.

8 hours ago, carmine said:

I've actually praised a number of United players this season if you would atleast have the courtesy to read posts before retorting with some childish bullshit comment.

There are some good knowledgeable posters on the United forum.  Shame you have to lower the tone.

That,s the spirit carms,I knew your earlier conciliatory tone wouldn,t last long :smile:

Think a lot of people, including me, got it wrong with Zlatan. I thought he would play 2 games out of 3,  due to his age, and would prove to be a trifle selfish and have a huge ego.

I got the last bit right but he is laying off passes,creating space for others and that goal via Lingaard was just as good as it gets.Lingaard is in awe of him and that helps young players.

Jones and Rojo seem to have tied up the central partnership. What were the bookies odds on that a few weeks back ? Pogba hitting his straps,physically so strong

Rojo is obviously walking the penalty tightrope and you would hope the coaching staff have pointed the obvious out to him.

Enjoyable game, not always so playing TP teams.

Yep I'll admit, I considered Ibra's age and time spent in the French Ligue and thought he may not be able to keep up, but he is banging them in and fair play to him.

United actually looked like a solid unit last night, consistent and playing that methodic Jose style that wins games. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yep I'll admit, I considered Ibra's age and time spent in the French Ligue and thought he may not be able to keep up, but he is banging them in and fair play to him.

United actually looked like a solid unit last night, consistent and playing that methodic Jose style that wins games. 

Wba had bullied the last two times their, but now we have some tough nuts in the team like Zlatan who took it to west from who looked scared of him.

Jose has found his team now, it has taken longer than it should have but we as you say are a solid unit now.

• Like 1