Manchester United

redrus

34 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Contrary to what Right <deleted> 702 might say, i don't listen to punditry as they all talk mince. 

Kane did exactly the same as Rashford with his trailing leg, only less exaggerated and there was contact. Still a soft penalty and Kane dived. 

So all these people who have been been involved in the game talk mince ( what ever that is) and you don't ?

54 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You've already said there was contact  

So whether he dives or not is irrelevant ! 

It's a contact sport, there is plenty of contact going on throughout match. 

He dived and you know as well as I do there has been plenty of those given the other way and the striker dished out a yellow. 

51 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So all these people who have been been involved in the game talk mince ( what ever that is) and you don't ?

Just because they played football doesn't mean they can talk intelligently about it. Every Tom dick and hary ex pro are pundits these days, many of them talk shitte to sell papers and keep themselves in a job.

More the point, I have beIN and cannot stand Richard <deleted> Keys. 

I'm sure there would be some people out there who are qualified to speak on the matter believe he dived. 

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It's a contact sport, there is plenty of contact going on throughout match. 

He dived and you know as well as I do there has been plenty of those given the other way and the striker dished out a yellow. 

There's a difference between diving with contact ( thats if he did ) and diving without contact !

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Just because they played football doesn't mean they can talk intelligently about it. Every Tom dick and hary ex pro are pundits these days, many of them talk shitte to sell papers and keep themselves in a job.

More the point, I have beIN and cannot stand Richard <deleted> Keys. 

I'm sure there would be some people out there who are qualified to speak on the matter believe he dived. 

I listened to TalkSport this morning and all guests and pundits with the exception of Dean Saunders said Kanes and Sanes were soft and could have gone either way but the Rashford one had the most debate and calls from Joe Public saying it was an absolute dive and he's a cheat

• Like 2

11 hours ago, champers said:

He's only 31. I think he has 5 good years left in the Prem; probably at Everton and playing a bit deeper.

Below ground level you mean champers :cheesy: seriously though he started in the prem at 17/18 years of age so thats early,played an awful lot of games in his time so maybe he,s burnt out now :sad: anyhow his contribution to Uniteds success over the past and his record of goalscoring will take some beating so we have much to thank him for..........even though he,s a scouse git :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I listened to TalkSport this morning and all guests and pundits with the exception of Dean Saunders said Kanes and Sanes were soft and could have gone either way but the Rashford one had the most debate and calls from Joe Public saying it was an absolute dive and he's a cheat

I don,t disagree for one minute BJ but 90% of strikers would have done exactly as Rashford did,cheating in the same way as Aguero hit the deck as if shot on thursday night :clap2:

Our city friend from the bar last night suggested retrospective punishment as a deterrent with maybe a 4/5 game ban to stop the cheating,I still think an official in front of a monitor helping the ref when called upon is better...........but for sure something must be done. :thumbsup:

53 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As an advocate of video reffing, would you like to see it used to put an end to the shameful theatrics that are rife in the game? Real time and/or retrospectively?

37 minutes ago, petermik said:

I don,t disagree for one minute BJ but 90% of strikers would have done exactly as Rashford did,cheating in the same way as Aguero hit the deck as if shot on thursday night :clap2:

Our city friend from the bar last night suggested retrospective punishment as a deterrent with maybe a 4/5 game ban to stop the cheating,I still think an official in front of a monitor helping the ref when called upon is better...........but for sure something must be done. :thumbsup:

Aguero got nutted by a big hairy monster Peter. That's a different scenario

Video reffing is close now and I also think retrospective punishment should be an option

Exactly. It's part of today's game.

What do you expect a striker to do when a keeper comes hurtling towards him? Run into him? Plant his feet? Both of which run the risk of injury...no. Best way is to try to take minimal contact while diving to avoid injury and con the ref.

They all do it, name one striker that doesn't?

17 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

That sounded like my weekends in Thailand, i do miss a good Thai pub and footy.

Yeah I was going to mention the same, City's penalty was soft and likewise Harry Kane's and the ref was in a good position to see it. I'm all for a video Ref, at least trailing it.

Liverpool again having the ball in their court will more than likely got to Waterford and typically balls it up :thumbsup:

Bob, Kane's penalty was nailed on.  Haven't you seen the slo mo?  Absolute no brainer.

the special one hanging another player out to dry in public there. what a guy.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39764470

Hanging who out to dry? He just said he's expecting a big injury for Shaw, which is a shame as he's knuckled down since he came back.

If you are referring to Smalling & Jones, they have bottled it and will probably be gone next season, or one of them will anyway.

On 01/05/2017 at 11:43 AM, mrbojangles said:

Aguero got nutted by a big hairy monster Peter. That's a different scenario

Video reffing is close now and I also think retrospective punishment should be an option

Aguero knew exactly what he was doing by putting his face/head into Fellaini,s face first,yes he put his face first,goading the big lump to react and he did,when you get nutted properly you stagger backwards putting your hands to your face/head as it bloody well hurts and you see stars.......you DO NOT go down as if shot sorry..........noticeable that the physio was not needed and he leapt to his feet when the pushing/shoving was going on :whistling:......Aguero conned him and the ref :thumbsup: and you :clap2:

"They have bottled it"

Sorry but i don't believe professional footballers prefer or try not to play.

Believe what you will. Professional players can suffer from stress and when injured this can affect their mental state due to pressure etc. They will delay their comeback in case they make mistakes, lack of confidence etc. Believe me this happens.

4 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Believe what you will. Professional players can suffer from stress and when injured this can affect their mental state due to pressure etc. They will delay their comeback in case they make mistakes, lack of confidence etc. Believe me this happens.

With a boss like Maureen can you blame them...

Good win this morning,could have been so much better if Rashford/Mkhitaryan had put away their first half chances........still I would have taken the 0-1 scoreline before the start.....second leg.should be a formality now :whistling:

but U never know :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Playing on the break will suit Celta Vigo, but Utd are physically a lot stronger and just have better players. Their goalie kept them in it first half and should have saved the free kick when Utd scored.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Good win this morning,could have been so much better if Rashford/Mkhitaryan had put away their first half chances........still I would have taken the 0-1 scoreline before the start.....second leg.should be a formality now :whistling:

but U never know :thumbsup:

The problem is that Manu have a handful of players that are nearly scoring and by that I mean they are in a position were a capable skilled striker would put it in the net but they just don't quite make it - possibly with the exception of Rashford as he is young and learning, all of the near goals that various players have missed in the last 6 months would have been goals if you replaced them just before they struck the ball with an out and out striker

The amount of times I have uttered the words - "how did he miss that" or " that should have been a goal" or "a blind man could have put that in the net from there" it has been numerous and is very frustrating.

Manu right now need at least a couple of top notch strikers that can score goals, there has been only one pure striker goal scorer all season and he is now finished with nothing to replace him. That leaves a huge gap that will not be filled with going shopping 

8 minutes ago, champers said:

Playing on the break will suit Celta Vigo, but Utd are physically a lot stronger and just have better players. Their goalie kept them in it first half and should have saved the free kick when Utd scored.

Can't see Mourinho failing in the 2nd leg carrying the away goal advantage.

The problem is that Manu have a handful of players that are nearly scoring and by that I mean they are in a position were a capable skilled striker would put it in the net but they just don't quite make it - possibly with the exception of Rashford as he is young and learning, all of the near goals that various players have missed in the last 6 months would have been goals if you replaced them just before they struck the ball with an out and out striker

The amount of times I have uttered the words - "how did he miss that" or " that should have been a goal" or "a blind man could have put that in the net from there" it has been numerous and is very frustrating.

Manu right now need at least a couple of top notch strikers that can score goals, there has been only one pure striker goal scorer all season and he is now finished with nothing to replace him. That leaves a huge gap that will not be filled with going shopping 

And sell lingard, I can do what he does - he just runs

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

I agree Smedders but cast your net far and wide and identify these phantom faces that UTD need? Who do you want leading the line?

9 minutes ago, thaifoodruns said:

And sell lingard, I can do what he does - he just runs

and Marshal

the team is pretty strong except for the void front middle, there is nobody there that can effectively convert a wingers cross to a goal now that Zlatan is gone, they need to replace him with 3 equally capable goal scorers then sell a some of the chaff, Marshal (my No1 Pick as useless) - Lingard - Falaini (a liability) Rooney (questionable but solid middfield)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I agree Smedders but cast your net far and wide and identify these phantom faces that UTD need? Who do you want leading the line?

I don't know but it is a void that needs filling and will cost, too many chances lost this season by people that just cannot put the final touch and score, like I said above - we have a handful of nearly scorers 

and Marshal

the team is pretty strong except for the void front middle, there is nobody there that can effectively convert a wingers cross to a goal now that Zlatan is gone, they need to replace him with 3 equally capable goal scorers then sell a some of the chaff, Marshal (my No1 Pick as useless) - Lingard - Falaini (a liability) Rooney (questionable but solid middfield)

Marshall give him 1 more season, we can stock up quality upfront now and keep him as a sub, there are cheaper equally good midfielders out there compared to Rooney. Lingard (doubt he will go, just signed 4yrs) definitely afro needs to go