Visa Run To Vientiane From Pattaya

Hello

I don`t know if they are the cheapest but Good Tour Travel, based on soi bukhao used to charge 7500 baht, might be 8000 baht now.

Runs twice a week.

I`ve not use their Vientiane/Laos service but have used them several times for Cambodia runs, no problems and decent service.

Tel. 038 411472

I have never taken a shuttle service to Vientiane. This is how I have done before. The total cost will be under 6000 baht:

VIP bus 407 (next to Sukhumvit - Klang mosque) to Nong Khai. Last year it costed 560 baht one way.

From Nong Khai you have 'sam lors' for 30 baht get to friendship bridge (Thai-Lao border).

30 or 35 USD (or 1500 baht) for a Lao visa at friendship bridge.

20 baht to cross friendship bridge.

50 baht (or 10000 kip) from thai-lao border to Thai embassy in a 'song taeo'.

1000 baht per entry (tourist visa).

Get your visa the next day.

50 baht to get back to the border.

20baht to cross the bridge.

30 baht to get to Nong Khai bus Station

560 baht for the VIP bus to Pattaya.

Don't forget a couple of photos and a copy of your passport.

Edited by burgerqueen

I went a couple of times with good tour,all is great and professional.Breakfast when you arrive to hotel,dinner at night,breakfast and lunch next day,ok room(for Lao)At that time it was around 8000 for all.

Remember that the mini-van takes I think about 12 hours, that's a very long time especially if your driver is going 140 the whole time and passing on the right at every chance.

Consider taking the night train from BKK Hua Lampong station, 980 baht each way for a AC 2nd class lower bunk. Very clean, still takes about 12 hours, and I got about 7 hours sleep, you have your own bunk and curtain so it's private. Bus from Patts to Eckamai = 113 baht, BTS to Asoke, then MRT to Hua Lampong = 60 baht I think. 2 entry visa = 2000 baht, 35 USD to enter Lao (or 1500 baht if no USD).

But the bigger thing for me was, no way was I going mini-van for 12 hours!