Do You Ask About Your Wife’S/Girlfriend'S Past Relationships And What She Done Before You Met?

Beetlejuice

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife and I are quite open if such matters come up in conversation (only happens if one of her or my friends raises it for comedy reasons).

I don't really mind what she says (or doesn't say) about her past relationships, as long as she sticks to the story that mine is the biggest.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Like 1

I know hers, she know mine - i never ask for details, as the problem with questions, is that most of the time, you get answers smile.png

And the answers will always be the answers they think you want to hear.

Lying to save face and avoid confrontation is the Thai way.

As a person with a Thai wife, Thai friends, trying to integrate, yadda, yadda, you should already know this.

I feel sad for you guys, i really do - you are the most xenophobic idiots, iv'e ever come across...congratulations! clap2.gif

I often wondered, when i visited those girly bars, why the Farang dudes, just sad there staring out in the blue air, not talking to their "partner"....

Now i know, you guys a simply just miserable and hate your life - and it shines through in all posts in this forum, its actually hilarious cheesy.gif

I'm always suspicious of people that call themselves Khun.

Just sayin'

If they've been here a long time, I know they're real idiots.

If they're just off the plane it's understandable.

It is of course a respectful term given to people(and some people's dogs).

Edited by Johnniey

I once had a work college back in the States who met his American born Thai wife at a New Jersey university; they were both students together in the same group.

A couple of years into the marriage and this guy considered himself very happy and believed his wife was a mild decent girl that butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

One day the guy met an old friend he knew from university and discovered that not long prior to his marriage that his then Thai girlfriend went to a party and ended up in a bed with two guys having a threesome. The worse of it was that he knew these two guys and was still in contact with them, plus it appeared everyone knew except him.

He questioned his wife and asked her why she had never confided in him regarding this incident and that because of it, he now feels humiliated and would never be able to face his old university friends again. Not long after that, the marriage ended in divorce, because it was just something the guy could not live with.

So hiding the past can have two opposite affects. Firstly, if a person discovers something unsavoury about they're partner's past, it could have devastating results or on the other hand, what one doesn't know, may never hurt them? That is the question.

That's very sad that the man was so unable to accept that his wife had a past that is quite "normal" for many people, that he had to throw it all away.

These days, it would be unreasonable to expect that a woman would be virginal on her wedding day.

You mean that it's sad that a man can't get over the fact that his wife had a threesome with two of his fiends SHORTLY before his marriage?

Apologies for the tone and paraphrasing here......

A pal of mine invited me and one other to a pro-am golf tournament. We turned up, his wife turned up, me and my pal fainted, she'd volunteered for a gangbang 8 years before.

Some acts follow you for life.

My view, ( although I'm amused by tin foil hat saying the guy was crap in bed ), is that the lady was entitled to her single life, as long as she can face the consequences.

Many ladies role play in marriage, many men do too, it's as if they regard marriage as casting off their wild youth ( I know it looks like I'm stating the obvious ), and turn into their parents.

Maybe this lady did just that, just cast aside her wildness and played the part of the dutiful wife? Then the past came back to haunt her.

I bet you there is not a single member of this forum that could not recount the story of a pal changing dramatically after marrying? And equally I bet there are not many who are not embarressed by some past indescretion.

I think it's called living and learning.

I think you missed the words shortly before his marriage in my post.

Beware of the Singapore stamps in her passport in the case of Thai women. Some really big numbers there.

In the West I made the mistake of asking wife #3 and she had had a bit too much to drink and told me. 80 men when she was 18. She was a skilled technician. Practice makes perfect and no one does it well naturally. It is a learned art.

That's not even twice a week.....not a good time charlene in my books.

Beware of the Singapore stamps in her passport in the case of Thai women. Some really big numbers there.

In the West I made the mistake of asking wife #3 and she had had a bit too much to drink and told me. 80 men when she was 18. She was a skilled technician. Practice makes perfect and no one does it well naturally. It is a learned art.

Edited by samsiam

Consider, for a moment, the sheer, unbridled idiocy of what you've just written. Allow me to paraphrase in my summary; if the Thai girl is/was even remotely pretty, then she has been/was probably shagged by more men than you could imagine.

There are millions of respectable Thai women who wouldn't dream of shagging around - it's just that they wouldn't hang around men like you long enough to discuss their past.

Let me put it the other way, if I were even remotely handsome I would have shagged every girl in sight. Why should I believe it not to be true the other way round.

HS, I don't think you have any clue about respectable Thai ladies or what they get up to when out of sight of their peers.

One of us surely is a loser, but I wouldn't be so certain that person is me.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I just don't think all Thai's are lying, stealing, scum - therefore people flame me - something i find strange? What is the Trolling in that?

Who said 'stealing, scum' apart from you.

As for 'lying', part of Thai culture, and nobody sees it as wrong, apart from those who can't adapt from their western, Victorian, Christian bigotry.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

the contrary is also true, there are a fair schwack of remarkably women in thailand who will shag around -- but not with men like him.

TP's remarks could be only be regarded as accurate if applied to the pool of strumpets he bases them upon and, having read his posts about women, I'm not surprised that itinerant females of doubtful virtue and reputation are all that are available to him.

Can't really counter that as the only Thai girl I shagged was my wife.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Consider, for a moment, the sheer, unbridled idiocy of what you've just written. Allow me to paraphrase in my summary; if the Thai girl is/was even remotely pretty, then she has been/was probably shagged by more men than you could imagine.

There are millions of respectable Thai women who wouldn't dream of shagging around - it's just that they wouldn't hang around men like you long enough to discuss their past.

Let me put it hte other way, if I were even remotely handsome I would have shagged every girl in sight. Why should I believe it not to be true the other way round.

Do you really need someone to explain the stigma attached to promiscuous women in most societies and how that's drummed into their thinking?

Not saying it's right but that's the way it is.

Look, I've nothing against you. In other aspects of your life you could be perfectly clued up but, in matters concerning females, you do come over as a cross between a boorish neanderthal and a 1980s Benny Hill.

To suggest that all beautiful women are as promiscuous as a male equivalent would be shows that you don't have even a basic understanding of what women are about.

As for my being a loser, maybe you're right.

Maybe I'm a loser because it hasn't dawned on me that, if relocated to some hick village, I could shag so many more local women in return for a 500 baht note.

Maybe I'm a loser because I haven't cottoned on to the fact that I can live far more cheaply by moving into my girlfriend's farm even if it does make me more than a little vulnerable to being tossed out on my arse if she fancies a younger model.

Maybe I'm a loser because I see women as more than a receptacle for my seed.

• Like 1

No one's saying "all" anything, but certainly true that on average women, including wealthy and respectable ones, enjoy sex as much as often and with at least as many different partners as men.

And this is particularly true with attractive ones, before and after marriage.

And equally true in the west as in Thailand, wealthy or poor.

In my case it is categorically true that **all** my wives have continued to have multiple partners after our "wedding night" (what an archaic concept), sometimes multiple partners at the same time, as do I, and all of us quite happily to be able to be honest with each other about it. And I wouldn't have it any other way

And nothing wrong with any of it, no one's casting aspersions here at people enjoying sex.

Just funny as hell that some people are casting aspersions at those telling the truth just because they don't want to believe it.

I'd think it's quite natural to discuss your partner's past, not in an interrogatory manner on the first date of course, but as the relationship progresses. Sounds strange to have a girlfriend or wife about whom you know very little (sorry to post on topic).

No one's saying "all" anything, but certainly true that on average women, including wealthy and respectable ones, enjoy sex as much as often and with at least as many different partners as men.

In my case it is categorically true that **all** my wives have continued to have multiple partners after our "wedding night" (what an archaic concept), sometimes multiple partners at the same time, as do I, and all of us quite happily to be able to be honest with each other about it. And I wouldn't have it any other way

And nothing wrong with any of it, no one's casting aspersions here at people enjoying sex.

Just funny as hell that some people are casting aspersions at those telling the truth just because they don't want to believe it.

It's also funny that you would think most people like swinging just because you do.
  • Like 1

It's also funny that you would think most people like swinging just because you do.

I don't, as far as group sessions go, but very few people actually adhere to the monogamy myth for long.

And I think they would if it bothered overcoming their cultural/religous programming. . .

Well, each to they’re own and whatever turns you on.

Although I’m certainly not criticising your lifestyle Johnny, so please don`t take this personal, but that sort of setup wouldn’t appeal to me at all.

The thought of some other guy or guys having sex and their sexual bodily functions all over my wife would just make me cringe. I couldn’t imagine making love to my wife and wondering who else has been in there recently or who will be in there next week

For example what would happen if the wife began to enjoy the company and sex with another partner more than you? And if this sort of open relation continues, it`s bound to happen someday.

I can understand that once the wife becomes passed her prime and loses interest in sex and than the husband goes astray once in a while and does a bit of short time, I don’t see any harm in that, but if both partners are still sexually active and prefer to have sexual relationships with multiple partners, than what is the point of being married? Plus of course there are the high risks involved of HIV, STDs and spreading these viruses to each other.

But as I said; each to they’re own and if that sort of relationship suits you, than fine and good luck.

Anyhow, this thread has started to go down hill. Now we`re into orgies, group sex and extramarital affairs.

What i really really want to know is, how intimate has your Thai GFs or wives been with you all regarding their lives before you met?

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Let me put it the other way, if I were even remotely handsome I would have shagged every girl in sight. Why should I believe it not to be true the other way round.

HS, I don't think you have any clue about respectable Thai ladies or what they get up to when out of sight of their peers.

Why do you think because someone is good looking male or female they would shag everyone in sight ?

Well, each to they’re own and whatever turns you on.

Thanks for your courteous and tolerant response, a rare treat.

Since you expressed a desire to keep it on topic I won't address your implied questions in detail, but those that are interested can google polyamory issues and will find there aren't one set of fixed rules, they need to be negotiated on a per-partner basis, usually with one primary SO and ensuring the others remain peripheral from an emotional intimacy POV.

What i really really want to know is, how intimate has your Thai GFs or wives been with you all regarding their lives before you met?

I think it's important to express a low-key level of interest just to show you care, but definitely not to push for "the truth".

Given that they quickly learn with me that I'm happy to accept whatever that might be though, they have often opened their hearts to a great extent, although I'm sure editing things as we all do to cast themselves in a favorable light given their objectives.

In the beginning I was very surprised just how many are the victims of sexual abuse, I'd say around 30% had their first sexual experience without their consent at the hands of male family/friends-of-family/village neighbors, often at much too young an age not that rape gets any easier to bear when you get older but still. . .

None of them ever dared tell anyone at the time, and I was often the first male SO they'd told about it.

And of course many will think I was just being fed a sob story for manipulative purposes, but for the large part I believed them, I like to think my BS detector's pretty finely tuned by now. And when I expressed my completely hypothetical/emotional response as to what should be done to the SOB perpetrators, most of whom are still around and part of their local social scene back home, some actually seemed happy to consider it, but I quickly disabused them of such ideas, I'm not actually a violent person and know there's no percentage in taking those kinds of risks in the LoS, but one likes to fantasize about it. . .

It's possible this is par for the course in the upcountry villages, but I like to think a higher percentage correlates with mia farang and those in the sex industry, there's definitely some cause and effect there IMO. Another factor I think behind why farang seem to end up with "damaged goods" and bunny boilers more so than mainstream Thai society.

I don't, as far as group sessions go, but very few people actually adhere to the monogamy myth for long.

And I think they would if it bothered overcoming their cultural/religous programming. . .

I've never fancied letting other men shag my partner. I don't have any religious beliefs as such but as far as monogamy goes, well I'd have to say that the way our reproductive systems work, it's probably natural for a man to have multiple partners and I'd agree that it is cultural programming that has put a stop to this to a certain extent. It could also be natural for women to play around as presumably the strongest seed would impregnate her and ensure that evolution works as it should.

However, rightly or wrongly I like to believe that we are a little more evolved than chimpanzees and whilst I have played away from home in the past, with previous partners, I just don't feel like doing that any more. Prostitutes don't turn me on, swingers don't appeal to me and having an affair would involve too much emotional commitment for me. I'm probably just too lazy when it comes down to it but my girlfriend's feelings come into it as well. You could say with some justification that I don't know what I'm talking about if I've never tried it but I could say the same to anybody that has never enjoyed a loving monogamous relationship.

Why do you think because someone is good looking male or female they would shag everyone in sight ?

He isn't expressing that, he was talking about himself, and society usually finds it acceptable even expected for "real men" to talk to each other like that.

It's just that people (male and female) with "traditional" patriarchal values like to imagine that somehow women are different, when they're not, especially when the culture doesn't discourage freely engaging in sex just for fun as much as the judeo-christian-islamic ones do.

Note I'm talking in practice here, not what people/society tells the world their values are but what they actually do.

Given all that, a person who is very attractive to the opposite sex will have many more opportunities for such activities, and so even though it's likely the case that ugly vs attractive people have the same degree of inclination to engage in such, the latter will end up actually do so more frequently.

He just said "more than you imagine", not "everything that moves".

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 1

I've never fancied letting other men shag my partner.

Few of us have much choice in the matter if they decide to do so, just a question as to whether your relationship is strong enough for them to be able/willing to be honest with you about it.

I don't have any religious beliefs as such

Nothing to do with your stance towards "religion" as such - even the most hard-line atheists are subject to cultural programming artifacts that were originally derived from the religion that used to dominate the culture. In the case of the west, incredibly dominant at all levels of society for thousands of years. Hard to even become aware of its depth and reach, much less to start to escape its dictates in your own behavior.

but as far as monogamy goes, well I'd have to say that the way our reproductive systems work, it's probably natural for a man to have multiple partners and I'd agree that it is cultural programming that has put a stop to this to a certain extent. It could also be natural for women to play around as presumably the strongest seed would impregnate her and ensure that evolution works as it should.

Yes, the idea that there is any biological basis to homo sapiens being monogamous has been pretty well swept away over the past few decades. Here's a pretty good layman's overview.

You could say with some justification that I don't know what I'm talking about if I've never tried it but I could say the same to anybody that has never enjoyed a loving monogamous relationship.

I'm not advocating that everyone should adopt an alternative sexual lifestyle, just that they should be more willing to accept that these are simply choices, and stop applying archaic value judgements about "morality" toward what is really just a matter of preference.

The issues of consent and honest to me are the real moral issues, not who/when/how/what type/with how many partners one chooses to get his/her rocks off.

Live and let live. . .

Some further links for those that are interested, for those that simply aren't, excuse my going on.

For those that are disgusted or offended, tough titties 8-)

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 1

He isn't expressing that, he was talking about himself, and society usually finds it acceptable even expected for "real men" to talk to each other like that.

It's just that people (male and female) with "traditional" patriarchal values like to imagine that somehow women are different, when they're not, especially when the culture doesn't discourage freely engaging in sex just for fun as much as the judeo-christian-islamic ones do.

Note I'm talking in practice here, not what people/society tells the world their values are but what they actually do.

Given all that, a person who is very attractive to the opposite sex will have many more opportunities for such activities, and so even though it's like that ugly vs attractive people have the same inclination to engage in such, the latter will end up actually do so more frequently.

He just said "more than you imagine", not "everything that moves".

No one said "more than you imagine" or "everything that moves". He said " I would have shagged every girl in sight".

He was indeed talking about himself and turning it round on everyone else. As with most his posts he seems to think everyone thinks like him and everyone is in the same position as him with exactly the same experiences of women who are all the same as his ex wife.

Yes attractive people have more opportunities, whether they take them or not is another matter.

Go to a nightclub anywhere in the world that is full of girls not hooker nightclubs in sex tourist Bangkok and see who it is that goes home with a different guy every week. It's not the good looking girls with self respect it's the fat girls desperate for a boyfriend or the dog rough local bike who someones screwing through beer googles or any holes a goal.

It's nothing to do with religious views etc it's about respecting yourself and their partners and not everyone wanting to shag everyone in sight just who they chose to.

Yes attractive people have more opportunities, whether they take them or not is another matter.

Go to a nightclub anywhere in the world that is full of girls not hooker nightclubs in sex tourist Bangkok and see who it is that goes home with a different guy every week. It's not the good looking girls with self respect it's the fat girls desperate for a boyfriend or the dog rough local bike who someones screwing through beer googles or any holes a goal.

I'm sorry I think you're wrong, actively deluding yourself. Plenty of beautiful people all around the world love to fool around, maybe not picking up strangers in a disco, but most people are in contact with hundreds of people through their regular daytime social and professional lives and many will take opportunities when they arise.

It's nothing to do with religious views etc it's about respecting yourself and their partners and not everyone wanting to shag everyone in sight just who they chose to.

And saying that being promiscuous = not respecting yourself is exactly the kind of archaic attitude I"m talking about, especially when applied to women more than men (currently termed "slut shaming").

Once you realize you're free to make your own informed choices as an adult, there is no conflict between respecting yourself and having a nice shag just for the fun and exercise like any other enjoyable sport.

Saying there has to be some arbitrary level of prior acquaintance or even emotional intimacy first is your choice, but not a moral issue.

And there are those who just don't have that strong a sex drive or choose for whatever reason not to have more than a handful of partners their entire lives - or even to be celibate - nothing wrong with any of those decisions.

Up to you is my point.

• Like 1

I've never fancied letting other men shag my partner.

Few of us have much choice in the matter if they decide to do so, just a question as to whether your relationship is strong enough for them to be able/willing to be honest with you about it.

I prefer to think that my relationship is strong enough for her not to want to stray rather than to tell me if she does. It's not something I'd accept if I found out (most people inevitably give themselves away when cheating, in my opinion, but it can take some time for the truth to surface).

My company has a large office in the centre of bkk and there are many many beautiful women in the 24-35 range

All respectable girls making 40,000+ a month

Its not particulary difficult to have sex with of them

(I know everyone is going to say they must be sluts or bargirls but theyre not,most are bi-lingual or even tri-lingual secretarys ,accountants and p.a's )

More or less the same in the west ,if you are young or good lucking thats a big help ,spend some time and attention on them ,

take em out for a drink or to a movie or disco ,theres a very good chance they will give it up later on

discretion is key of course ,so if you only want them for sex its important to make this clear at the start so she knows she can be your "GIK" but thats as

far as its ever going to go

avoid doing couple stuff like meals in flashy restaurants ,walking aroung holding hands ,shoping and going to romantic places together (she WILL get the wrong idea if you do this stuff with her )

just meet ,have a lot of sex ,have a shower and go

in this way you can shag as many as you want and everyone is happy with no false expectations

• Like 1

I'm sorry I think you're wrong, actively deluding yourself. Plenty of beautiful people all around the world love to fool around, maybe not picking up strangers in a disco, but most people are in contact with hundreds of people through their regular daytime social and professional lives and many will take opportunities when they arise.

And saying that being promiscuous = not respecting yourself is exactly the kind of archaic attitude I"m talking about, especially when applied to women more than men (currently termed "slut shaming").

Once you realize you're free to make your own informed choices as an adult, there is no conflict between respecting yourself and having a nice shag just for the fun and exercise like any other enjoyable sport.

Saying there has to be some arbitrary level of prior acquaintance or even emotional intimacy first is your choice, but not a moral issue.

And there are those who just don't have that strong a sex drive or choose for whatever reason not to have more than a handful of partners their entire lives - or even to be celibate - nothing wrong with any of those decisions.

Up to you is my point.

Agree with most of this...

It does bother me when men want their women to be a sex kitten for them but somehow expect them to be mostly virginal on delivery. Almost as if to say she was a preacher's daughter until I met her, let down her hair, took off her spectacles and introduced her to g-strings.

Any number of partners she had should be acceptable to you both as that's all part and parcel of the person you fell for.

I have more problems with people having sex out of stupidity than out of lust or desire. I've more respect for a woman shagging multiple partners because she loves orgasms than a woman shagging one partner because she's scared of losing him if she didn't, he'd cheat if she didn't or out of a sense of duty. I enjoy sex and prefer my partner to also, I don't expect to be the one introducing them to the concept at my age.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

Edited by 2unique
  • Like 1