Court Postpones Verdict On Teen Driver: Don Muang Tollway Accident

webfact

Amazing. You guys don't know for sure if she was at fault. Much more likely to be the van driver.

-1 , yes we do , why do her family want to pay then ?,............ oh,. .. maybe she's been set up eh ? hi-so set up ? ..........nahhhhh, get real , tit,......... you get here yesterday ?

• Like 1

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most parents would pay to save their child from a stay in prison. It is the reality of life in Thailand that money has its advantages and a parent would be very foolish to not make use of the opportunities that come with money here. My concern is how this tragedy could have been prevented. With the continual talk about the dismal state of Thai education and the death toll on the roads being what it is, why has no one suggest driver education for high school students? I realize there would be some expense if simulators are employed and some schools don't have electricity, but in my view this money could potentially save many lives.

• Like 1

I think most parents would pay to save their child from a stay in prison. It is the reality of life in Thailand that money has its advantages and a parent would be very foolish to not make use of the opportunities that come with money here. My concern is how this tragedy could have been prevented. With the continual talk about the dismal state of Thai education and the death toll on the roads being what it is, why has no one suggest driver education for high school students? I realize there would be some expense if simulators are employed and some schools don't have electricity, but in my view this money could potentially save many lives.

Jeez your brave saying the above, prepare to be lynched by a howling mob now for giving your thoughts.

I just wonder how the parents would actually feel once their kids were sentenced to 5 to 10 and had allowed their children go to jail when they had the money to avoid a jail sentence.

And I wonder how the kids would feel about their parents knowing that their parents could have helped them but didn't, because they would rather prefer their kids to go to jail for 5 to ten years to teach them a lesson.

Jeez your brave saying the above, prepare to be lynched by a howling mob now for giving your thoughts.

I just wonder how the parents would actually feel once their kids were sentenced to 5 to 10 and had allowed their children go to jail when they had the money to avoid a jail sentence.

And I wonder how the kids would feel about their parents knowing that their parents could have helped them but didn't, because they would rather prefer their kids to go to jail for 5 to ten years to teach them a lesson.

As usual the entire focus of your thoughts are with the potential plight the poor girl would have suffered, had her parents money not been able to buy her out of trouble, or the potential plight the poor girl would have suffered had her parents been of a like mind to those of us here who don't support or defend a system that gives rich people the option of facing proper justice or not, as is their whim.

It's as if the plight of the victims and the victim's families hasn't even registered.

• Like 2

You still don't get it do you, that is not what anybody was saying was it? As for Kirk, he has no howling mob to worry about. Prior to giving his thoughts he has engaged brain before committing fingers to keyboard.

Rixalex has hit the nail firmly on the head, you are obsessed with the perpertrator of the crime and don't give a flying horseshoe about the rights of the families of the 9 dead.

• Like 1

As usual the entire focus of your thoughts are with the potential plight the poor girl would have suffered, had her parents money not been able to buy her out of trouble, or the potential plight the poor girl would have suffered had her parents been of a like mind to those of us here who don't support or defend a system that gives rich people the option of facing proper justice or not, as is their whim.

It's as if the plight of the victims and the victim's families hasn't even registered.

Quite, most people have an issue not with the parents ability to pay their way out or not, but rather that option should not be available to anyone.

Their ability to pay, their sense of justice and their morals are another subject entirely.

• Like 1

Quite, most people have an issue not with the parents ability to pay their way out or not, but rather that option should not be available to anyone.

Their ability to pay, their sense of justice and their morals are another subject entirely.

BINGO!

Nail on the head!

Exactly!

Spot On!

MB1 read the post by Thaddeus!

We all expected the family to be able to skirt justice with a nominal penalty. It just sucks to see it actually happen. It would do Thailand a lot of good to adhere to some of the laws and codes that they have written for themselves.

In Thailand Lady Justice is a harlet

If your kids robs a bank, you would help him to stay out of jail? No way I would!

If my 16 year old daughter steals a car and kills 9 people, she deserves to go to prison, simple as that! If I give her the keys to the car that killed 9 people, I should be in jail! It's a parents task to teach children about responsibility!

I see it from this perspective, if there were a level playing field in the legal system here I would expect my child to fight for as light a sentence as is possible; just as in the west. But, western rules of conduct do not apply here. If money offers an advantage it is expected you will use it. However, morally should you use this advantage? You have said you wouldn't. In my opinion this would be the equivalent of not funding your child's trial and an appeal in the west. Would you not "cheat" to teach a moral priciple when everyone else is and this leaves your legal defense at a great disadvantage? From my perspective this is why most cheating at all levels occurs here; it is a defensive measure to keep from falling behind others who have cheated. To end this widespread practice everyone would have to stop simultaneously.

• Like 2

And as usual the focus is for people to pick my posts for disection as soon as I post and the usual member of the hate mb1 crowd dives in and gives a like to almost anyone who replys to a post of mine when admonishing what I wrote.

People trying to remind me that I seem to have forgotten the plight of the ones who died as if I am obliged and have a responsibilty to do so.

Well let me tell you all where I do stand.

I believe that it's easy for anyone to come on an anomymous forum and join in with the PC crowd and write what they think the forum want to hear, and if saying they would rather have their children go to a Thai jail for 5 to ten rather than take the Thai alternative way out and pay, then their kidding themselves and talking PC BS.

Do you really think if they were actually faced with the harsh reality of their kids going to a Thai jail for 5 to 10, that if they could afford to sort things the Thai way they would just let them go to jail because it's the socially responsible thing to do and that's what all good parents should do.

Complete and utter BS IMO hey ho what do I know apart from I would choose the Thai option if available to me to save one I loved, one of my own.

So there you go, you know my view and where I stand so keep giving each other likes and a pats on the back but I genuinely hope none of you have to actually make the kind of decision that either saves their child from a Thai jail or sends them to one if they could have afforded to have done other wise.

Edited by MB1

You still don't get it do you, that is not what anybody was saying was it? As for Kirk, he has no howling mob to worry about. Prior to giving his thoughts he has engaged brain before committing fingers to keyboard.

Rixalex has hit the nail firmly on the head, you are obsessed with the perpertrator of the crime and don't give a flying horseshoe about the rights of the families of the 9 dead.

You have no idea of my thoughts of the victims and neither do I intend telling you but I'm glad you got a like for your post.

Do you really think if they were actually faced with the harsh reality of their kids going to a Thai jail for 5 to 10, that if they could afford to sort things the Thai way they would just let them go to jail because it's the socially responsible thing to do and that's what all good parents should do.

Complete and utter BS IMO hey ho what do I know apart from I would choose the Thai option if available to me to save one I loved, one of my own.

So there you go, you know my view and where I stand so keep giving each other likes and a pats on the back but I genuinely hope none of you have to actually make the kind of decision that either saves their child from a Thai jail or sends them to one if they could have afforded to have done other wise.

All you write and state look like she is the victim! Wrong: 9 people died who will never come back. They are the victims and so are their families! With her or her parents in prison, a lot of parents might not give their car keys to minors! An example needs to be set that money doesn't buy justice! She is not the victim here!

All you write and state look like she is the victim! Wrong: 9 people died who will never come back. They are the victims and so are their families! With her or her parents in prison, a lot of parents might not give their car keys to minors! An example needs to be set that money doesn't buy justice! She is not the victim here!

All I write, or you just talking about the bit you cherry picked.

Have you forgot we are talking Thailand here not the Western World.

Do you really think if the girl or her parents went to jail things would change in Thailand.

Anyway hope you get a like or 2 for your post because I can't see some things changing on this thread either.

Ohh well another day I suppose....

Edit.

Oh and the "all you write and state look like she is the victim"

Nowhere have I stated she is a victim have I, what it looks like to you is up to you if that's what you want.

Edited by MB1

If your kids robs a bank, you would help him to stay out of jail? No way I would!

If my 16 year old daughter steals a car and kills 9 people, she deserves to go to prison, simple as that! If I give her the keys to the car that killed 9 people, I should be in jail! It's a parents task to teach children about responsibility!

i cant agree with you there , banks deserve to get robbed, not many people are deserving of death !

What incensed the public was the picture of her leaning against a wall casually texting whilst below the van's occupants lay dying.

It was the casual indifference shown that angered the public and then her hiding away waiting and hoping for it all to blow over and be forgotten.

It's about the lack of empathy and arrogance shown and shown repeatedly to be the norm.

Where are the highly skilled jobs in Thailand for the young to get ahead?

Back in the 60's South Korea was on a par with Thailand. They then invested in education. They didn't remove corruption but with the internet age and access to information corruption in Korea has withered.

Not so in thailand. It suits the elite to dumb down the electorate and we see here how some members of the elite treat with their fellow citizens.

Do you really think if the girl or her parents went to jail things would change in Thailand.

It would be a freaking good start.

No doubt. Truth is, doesn't matter if it will change anything. She should go to jail like any other person if she is found guilty and convicted. A society needs even handedness in application of it's laws to function properly and for people to adhere to certain moral codes.

So if your 16 year old daughter did what you mention you'd let go her go to a Thai jail for 5 to 10 yrs would you? or if you could afford to stop her going to jail because the Thai system allows this to happen would you do it ?.

Honest answer only please.

Edit..

Same questions to you below.

Edited by MB1

So if your 16 year old daughter did what you mention you'd let go her go to a Thai jail for 5 to 10 yrs would you? or if you could afford to stop her going to jail because the Thai system allows this to happen would you do it ?.

Arguing a stupid point. Sure most may be inclined to want to help children. This an extreme case though with that many dead.

Point is that should not be an issue and that type of discretion should nit be permitted in the legal system. Disparate application of criminal laws simply leads to bigger social and cultural problems.

Edited by ttelise

And as usual the focus is for people to pick my posts for disection as soon as I post and the usual member of the hate mb1 crowd dives in and gives a like to almost anyone who replys to a post of mine when admonishing what I wrote.

People trying to remind me that I seem to have forgotten the plight of the ones who died as if I am obliged and have a responsibilty to do so.

Well let me tell you all where I do stand.

I believe that it's easy for anyone to come on an anomymous forum and join in with the PC crowd and write what they think the forum want to hear, and if saying they would rather have their children go to a Thai jail for 5 to ten rather than take the Thai alternative way out and pay, then their kidding themselves and talking PC BS.

You really are not listening are you?

I don't think anyone who has Posted on this Thread would allow their daughter to go to jail in these circumstances if there was an alternative - the Thai alternative - of paying compensation to the victims and having their child escape Jail.

So far as I can see no-one has said or even intimated that.

The main cause for concern is simply that this alternative is "on offer" in Thailand (indeed in this instance it is virtually mandated by the Judge in the case) - if the parents or family of the driver have sufficient money and / or contacts the whole thing can be swept under the carpet which, for any right thinking person is simply unacceptable.

We all know "this is Thailand" etc. etc., however this does not excuse the unfairness of the situation and negate the hope that sometime in the future equality in the eyes of the Law will apply here regardless of wealth and social standing.

Patrick

Your really not reading.

Have a re- read of the thread then and you'll see who would let their children go to jail.

Enjoy.

MB1

Edited by MB1

If some one had killed my child or a family member by driving as the accused was I would indeed be expecting to see a long prison sentence and also hefty compensation to for the victims..One wonders if the poster who advocates the girl goes free is related to the politician father of the well known off duty police officer killer ?

Edited by siampolee

If some one had killed my child or a family member by driving as the accused was I would indeed be expecting to see a long prison sentence and also hefty compensation to for the victims..One wonders if the poster who advocates the girl goes free is related to the politician father of the well known off duty police officer killer ?

Time to don a tin foil hat, the conspiracy therorists are crawling out of the woodwork.

Getting down to basics.

No Parents, No Car, No Keys= no teen driver. All should agree on that ??

Because we have the instigaters here,= parents, and a car, and keys. First thing is DO THEM they started it all, stupid thoughtless people. Second, because the young person was fully aware of their action, and didn't also care for others, DO the Driver. YES they should have to pay in time, for the stupidity of their actions. Third ++++ yes plus pay heavy compensation to help ease the pain of the family's and friends of the dead, and also not forget the trauma of injured. Just a paid settlement of money is a sick pig decision.

The basics come down to what I believe is called the law of unintended consequences.

If this young lady had not flouted the Traffic Laws of Thailand, with the apparent connivance of her parents, she would not have been in that car, on the Expressway at night, without a licence etc. ............... and 9 people would be alive today.

Patrick

The basics come down to the written laws of Thailand the un written laws of Thailand and the laws that can be flouted if you can afford to or you have the right connections.

Edit..

Same questions to you below.

My16 year old would never get keys to a car, so your question holds no ground!

• Like 1