Thaivisa HQ - A Dream Or Reality?

george

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hold your horses, not even found a venue yet dude.

How about we all just choose a 7/11 to sit outside? :D

Sounds like my kind of venue... make sure it has a tv for the footie tho !

totster :D

or we could all just sit under the flyover opposite Buckskin Joes and knock back a couple of bottles of jungle Juice....dear dear.... :o

and maybe a pink cocktail for the ladies called something like erm.. maybe... erm... Chang Chompuu..

Cocktails , what a great idea! :D

We could name some after members.

Please allow me to provide the first ones

Mai Thaipauly :D

Ice Maiden

SteveMango

Singapore Simon

Pink BambinA

FOOD

Moogburger, grilled Huski and of course Scampi and Chips,

SNACK

Kit KAT

SOFT DRINK

Blake 7UP

Maybee other members could add more, but this is all I could come up with in 5 minutes and is just for fun

Some of you may of course this is just mindless babble, and you will probably be right :o

But thanks for indulging me anyway

I'm a pretty woman in this forum too nakha. :D

...SaoThai Sling :D สาวนะคะ...ไม่ใช่ * เสา * :D

and maybe a pink cocktail for the ladies called something like erm.. maybe... erm... Chang Chompuu..

Cocktails , what a great idea! :D

We could name some after members.

Please allow me to provide the first ones

Mai Thaipauly :D

Ice Maiden

SteveMango

Singapore Simon

Pink BambinA

FOOD

Moogburger, grilled Huski and of course Scampi and Chips,

SNACK

Kit KAT

SOFT DRINK

Blake 7UP

Maybee other members could add more, but this is all I could come up with in 5 minutes and is just for fun

Some of you may of course this is just mindless babble, and you will probably be right :o

But thanks for indulging me anyway

These sound great :D

I think a bkkmadness would also be a good name for a cocktail and we can't forget a Chang Chompuu :D

But seriously, we'd all be slaves to the new venue.... We would never leave! I'm sure it is an evil plan of Georges or something! :D

Edited by Ice Maiden

How about the Irish Pub in Korat, that seems to be a popular spot....

:D Good one Mike. Might be just what the place needs and it has everything George wants except it's not in Bangkok. Hey, that even sounds good to/for me. :o

Naturally, It goes without saying that a guest venue for a meeting place has already been established with long aforeplanned foreskin here in Guatemala, The Maktub´ar being largely available and willing.

Internets will be installed by the time anybody gets their arse out here.

There is already a bar/restaurant in the Times Square building that might fit the bill (on the bottom floor, has booze, food, and pool). But I know little else about the place – might stop in this weekend to take a closer look. I think the food is all Thai food though.

Some other options:

Bourbon Street

Larry’s Dive

Simon’s place

The new Woodstock

Pick a Pub – Londoners, Black Swan, Robin Hood, etc.

As someone also mentioned it is probably unlikely that you will find a place that 100% fits the bill. Lets face it, hard to find a decent “family” oriented place in Bangkok with a location that will be easy for everyone to access, have booze, food, and be willing to work with Thaivisa.

Not really TP :o I think this is a very good idea, so i want to see a location found and the project underway. It doesn't bother me if it's in my bar or not. By bumping this up, maybe other members can come up with offers/suggestions

Simon

I will be out around the middle of March (gotta do C.M.first for a week)so can we agree on a venue before then otherwise I will just stop into Simons place for my free beer anyway(shouldnt have said that should-i) :o

With the greatest respect to Simon, Suk 1 plaza is just not working. None of the bars are making any money and more than a few have now closed or gone to the wall including one of the bigger players. Unless something significant happens and I really don’t think TV is the ‘significant’ to stop the rot, then it would be a bad choice.

But,…..would love to be proven wrong!

I think you are right Harry. Nice fun idea but soi 1...Not to be funny, but lets be honest.. it is the low end, of the cheap girlie bar market......the place is a bit depressing. But good luck with it mate !

Edited by Blue Unicorn

With the greatest respect to Simon, Suk 1 plaza is just not working. None of the bars are making any money and more than a few have now closed or gone to the wall including one of the bigger players. Unless something significant happens and I really don’t think TV is the ‘significant’ to stop the rot, then it would be a bad choice.

But,…..would love to be proven wrong!

I think you are right Harry. Nice fun idea but soi 1...Not to be funny, but lets be honest.. it is the low end, of the cheap girlie bar market......the place is a bit depressing. But good luck with it mate !

There is a basic issue which perhaps it takes a relative newcomer to point out since I suspect many of you are,as it were, too close to the mosaic.What is the Thai Visa brand image? The fact that some take seriously the prospect of an HQ in one of the scummiest parts of Sukhumvit suggests a Chang drinking,tattoo festooned bunch of visa runners(I jest to make a point) is very vocal.I don't believe this represents majority opinion.But again in the first instance to moderators,old timers etc what is the image or brand we wish to convey.I had hoped it might be a low key FCC style but maybe I have misunderstood the general will.

There is a basic issue which perhaps it takes a relative newcomer to point out since I suspect many of you are,as it were, too close to the mosaic.What is the Thai Visa brand image? The fact that some take seriously the prospect of an HQ in one of the scummiest parts of Sukhumvit suggests a Chang drinking,tattoo festooned bunch of visa runners(I jest to make a point) is very vocal.I don't believe this represents majority opinion.But again in the first instance to moderators,old timers etc what is the image or brand we wish to convey.I had hoped it might be a low key FCC style but maybe I have misunderstood the general will.
May I suggest, that you perhaps may well have misunderstood the 'brand image' of this 'mosaic', and, if I may allow myself to further add, misjudged the reputation, or rather, actual reality of the proposed locations for such venue referred to as 'HQ'.

BTW, "HQ" is what Christopher G. Moore, one of our esteemed expat writers (I use "writer" in a broad sense of the word, since he somewhat falls short of any literary qualities one may want to apply to his prose, specially when one is accustomed to discussing such subject matters with Oxford & Cambridge scholars) refers to in his novels as the "Thermae coffee shop" situated along already mentioned stretch of Sukhumvit road, one of the most abyssmal, degenerate pickup joints frequented by the very lowest freelancing prostitutes and semi-professionals, with a clientele to match - the scummiest and most deprived breed of Western male sex seekers from around the globe, epitomised by sad lonely tatoo festooned visa runners such as the 'blabbel' character who posts here.

Have a nice day! :o

Lol, from comments of hoorah, to god no not near nana.

Anyway, there is a great little bar in soi 18 if not to far. has accommodation, has a kitchen, has great music sometimes, great bar, internet and even a free tuktuk from Suk.

Have a look and a think.

Is it available? Do you own it or do you know the owner?

I think away from the nana area would be nice, but still think it will have to be the Suk area coz most of our Bangkok members tend to hang around that area.

If there is not a bar available is it something that TV is looking to buy and set up for itself?

I think Simons place sounds like a good deal, its a quiet bar area and a bit away from the main 'jungle' strip, but that might give it the sense of privacy the TV members are after whilst still being open to everyone.

Not sure about the heated up food though, a kitchen with a few good farang recipies would be a lot better!

I am not silly enough to be the owner. But I know the owner and I will ask him if he at all interested and then he can contact you guys.