What'S App Message Notifications For Htc One V

sabaijai

I recently bought an HTC One V with Android 4.0. I like phone and the system a lot, but when someone sends a What's App message, I don't get the green blinking light notification I get for regular SMSes. I do get a faint sound notification but that's all.

Has anyone else here faced the same problem and found a solution?

I tried adjusting Accounts and Sync for What's App to auto, but that made no difference.

Thanks.

Fwiw I have a similar problem (SGS2). Even worse for me since Samsung in their infinite wisdom saw fit to not even bother with an led...

Google ought to be shot for their handling of notifications in Android. They don't need to look very far to see how it ought to be done (RIM!).

On my BB I know instantly (from the sound notification) what type of notification it is and should I choose to ignore it, my little blinkenled reminds me I haven't opened it. Seriously Google is that too much to ask for without having to root (or replace, or both) the kernel and install bln?

I love my droid but until today I'm stunned how badly they failed to get notifications (and management thereof) right... Don't even get me started on how much I miss BBM. Whatsapp is close - and at least they tried to replicate the "delivered" and "read" feature of BBM - but it just doesn't quite make the grade imho.

I'm not quite sure whether to be upset with Whatsapp or Google, about it failing to light my led though...

Fwiw I have a similar problem (SGS2). Even worse for me since Samsung in their infinite wisdom saw fit to not even bother with an led...

Google ought to be shot for their handling of notifications in Android. They don't need to look very far to see how it ought to be done (RIM!).

On my BB I know instantly (from the sound notification) what type of notification it is and should I choose to ignore it, my little blinkenled reminds me I haven't opened it. Seriously Google is that too much to ask for without having to root (or replace, or both) the kernel and install bln?

I love my droid but until today I'm stunned how badly they failed to get notifications (and management thereof) right... Don't even get me started on how much I miss BBM. Whatsapp is close - and at least they tried to replicate the "delivered" and "read" feature of BBM - but it just doesn't quite make the grade imho.

I'm not quite sure whether to be upset with Whatsapp or Google, about it failing to light my led though...

I assume the fault lies with Whatsapp but who knows. I've searched online and can find no solution to the problem

• 3 weeks later...

No, I finally saw that a tiny Whatsapp icon appeared in the upper lefthand corner of the screen whenever there were messages waiting. So there is some kind of visual notification, I just hadn't noticed it.

Thanks very much for your suggestions though.

Yes, if you have received a WhatsApp! message and it is unread then there is a notification on the Action Bar, a black and white version of the WhattsApp! logo.

I thought you were looking for a notification method which might alert you without having to start the screen.

Vibration Notifier can do that as well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.vibrationNotifier&hl=en

(Note that it can also beep.)