Let'S Face It -Jomtien Beach Does Not Rule Anymore?

JakeBKK

I just came home - and i was stunned the amount of lady's (I will not guess if they really are 'em ) was quite stunning. I thought there was a difference between jomtien and downtown, that barrier seems to have vanished.. Or am I mistaken?? The amount of people/girls/whatsoever (the once had a deep voice, though =-)) was staggering!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this thread complaining about Jomtien Beach Rd or applauding it?

Either way, I walk along it every evening (for the exercise!) and haven't noticed any significant change in the fauna over the last year.

I find it a very pleasant place to walk; more spacious than Pattaya Beach Rd and less people of all types.

• Like 2

Is this thread complaining about Jomtien Beach Rd or applauding it?

Either way, I walk along it every evening (for the exercise!) and haven't noticed any significant change in the fauna over the last year.

I find it a very pleasant place to walk; more spacious than Pattaya Beach Rd and less people of all types.

Imho - jomtien beach is more relaxed than pattaya - toyu are right evenings are same same - but the ammount of ghost around 1:30 was pretty unusual.

Jomtien ?

Russian beach you mean ? No customers for ladys there.

I hear that yoy get a package deal for places like soi welcome hotel in st. pertersburg or minsk for about 14000,-thb ! that is for 14 days incl. flight and brekkie. The blokes who picked up the birds last nite whete mostly scandinavian - as far as their accent gave away.

Edited by JakeBKK

• 6 months later...

I've just had a week at Jom Tiem beach, and it will be my last.

My stays at the beach were always pleasant, relaxed, interesting conversation with the Brits, English-speaking other Europeans, but not any more.

I do not wish to be racist, but the Russians there are really spoiling it; they rarely seem to sit and read - just talk loudly, loud music, and if the wives want to sit under a gay flag, good luck to them.

But the loud music became too much yesterday, as both German and Dutch speakers gave one group of Russians a blast and asked them to turn the loud music and singing down. It became quite a shouting match, and the tourist police had to come over and smooth things, quietly and efficiently.

As one upset guy said, he'd been coming there for 10 years, but it was no longer a nice place. I for one will seek a quieter beach to stay in future years.sad.png

• Like 1

Jomtien beach rules for sand and sea.

Pattaya beach rules for ladies & ladyboys.

Don't forget the record Jomtien has: 5 million beach chairs and 20 million parasols sad.png

post-13995-0-89021700-1358353101_thumb.j

and they laughed when i moved from Jomtienski to Wongamat..................

post-95864-0-34004600-1358393577_thumb.j

Increasingly, I feel like I am living in some corner of Russia. I am thankful that I did not make any financial moves that would compel me to stay here.

Oh, heck, look at the bright side. Many of these Russians are SERIOUS eye candy. Even the females.
  • Like 1

So it's alright to be gay but not alright to be russian? I think what's spoiling it a bit is hoockers and customers perving around spreading deseases in europe after theyve had the time of their life in pattaya. With regards to jomtien i dont think its any different from pattaya beach as its full of the loved ones all over pattaya. A lot of thais are learning russian maybe you should think of taking it up as well then you'd be able to find out what those devils had to say back to your agressive comments so have some boresht at jomtien it seems like speedo vs torpedo at the moment i was actually pleased that jomtien didnt used to have that many pervs though they seem to be shifting this way, with more hate also i found that westeners are hiding behind jomtien talad where russians dont go them bars are niughty there as well. i have to admit though whether you are gay or goer pattaya is a your kind of place. Borsht at the kareoke bar seems silly. Should have been a whisky at a go go. look properly dv

Increasingly, I feel like I am living in some corner of Russia. I am thankful that I did not make any financial moves that would compel me to stay here.

Oh, heck, look at the bright side. Many of these Russians are SERIOUS eye candy. Even the females.

Oh dear giggle.gif be careful tongue.png

• Like 1

Speaking of Russification. It ain't only Jomtien. In Central Mall the Thai guy shilling to sell Indian food in the food court was in full swing, Moscow lingo style. He knew more Russian than Da and Davai anyway. I engaged him in English. He looked at me like I was a total freak. Uh oh ...

As an American, I can relate. One foreign language, now that's a stretch. Two? Not in this century.

Edited by Jingthing

Jomtien ?

Russian beach you mean ? No customers for ladys there.

I hear that yoy get a package deal for places like soi welcome hotel in st. pertersburg or minsk for about 14000,-thb ! that is for 14 days incl. flight and brekkie. The blokes who picked up the birds last nite whete mostly scandinavian - as far as their accent gave away.

14000? No wonder there are so many of them. Costs me 45000 just to get over here.

Back to Jingtings comment about Russian girls--yes, I have put my eagle eye on a few. I do not want to be "negative," (ok, here it comes, he is going to be negative again......boring......yadayadayada), BUT, one major change I have noticed on Jomtienski Beach is a large increase in the number of mentally ill (serious or borderline), aggressive, need to fight, want to kill, I hate hate hate idiots, along with alcoholics. It is getting dangerous just to walk around the area. Within the last 40 days I have been threatened twice, for no reason other than I am an American. It isn't the Russians or Thais that are acting this way, or farangs from the USA. I will not specify countries, but it is getting uncomfortable. I do not like violence, death, angry people, etc. Most of these idiots are in an extremely negative mood and want to blame everybody else for the bad decisions that THEY have made in life. Be careful!

Jomtien has always been full of gays and Russians. Now it is overflowing with them. In addition, it continues to be overbuilt, and has ever increasing traffic problems.

Last time I went to Jomtien there were about fifteen buildings along the front and a dirt road at the southern end leading to some sort of hotel. My wife and I slept on a mat on the beach for the night. There was nothing else there except sand and trees.

Oh, yes, there is no russians at Wongamat Beach for sure!

Come on, the beach in Naklua sucks big time, it's allmost impossible to get a beach chair, allmost no toilets, expensive food, and a LOT of Russians.

I stay in Naklua but when i want some beachlife i take the bahtbus to beachroad.

Back to Jingtings comment about Russian girls--yes, I have put my eagle eye on a few. I do not want to be "negative," (ok, here it comes, he is going to be negative again......boring......yadayadayada), BUT, one major change I have noticed on Jomtienski Beach is a large increase in the number of mentally ill (serious or borderline), aggressive, need to fight, want to kill, I hate hate hate idiots, along with alcoholics. It is getting dangerous just to walk around the area. Within the last 40 days I have been threatened twice, for no reason other than I am an American. It isn't the Russians or Thais that are acting this way, or farangs from the USA. I will not specify countries, but it is getting uncomfortable. I do not like violence, death, angry people, etc. Most of these idiots are in an extremely negative mood and want to blame everybody else for the bad decisions that THEY have made in life. Be careful!

Overcrowding produces aggression. Whereas - before the shift to mass tourism, the crowds were like minded, and had the mongering/party purpose in mind. Now the monger crowds are faced with a diminished party atmosphere and Russian family crowds - the harbingers of change.

Stress is everywhere at the moment.

I totally agree with what you said about the relationship between overcrowding and aggression. Basically, we are the "human animal." We are not immune to the forces of evolution. I would add, overcrowding (unsustainable population level) plus a declining global economy plus alcohol = dangerous aggression/warfare. Yes, stress is all over now. I wish more people would start embracing positive solutions. The growth is always good ideology has failed, and it certainly cannot lead to sustainability and happiness. The growth is always good mindset is what excites cancer cells :)

Overcrowding produces aggression. Whereas - before the shift to mass tourism, the crowds were like minded, and had the mongering/party purpose in mind. Now the monger crowds are faced with a diminished party atmosphere and Russian family crowds - the harbingers of change.

Stress is everywhere at the moment.

Absolutely! The human animal has yet to fully comprehend what you said. Overpopulation = overcrowing = aggression/violence/warfare.......and when magnified by a global economic collapse = the new Barbarism.

The whole beach chair thing-o is disgusting, but this is life, so get with it. You can't change em. The sheer volume of Ruskies is surprising to the first time visitor, shops give you menus in Russian before English which is annoying but I can't say I have had many bad issues with them to be honest.