Thaksin Receives US Visa: Noppadon

webfact

PM'S BROTHER

Thaksin gets US visa: Noppadon

The Nation

30185634-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has, for the past few months, sought and received visa to enter the United States, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said on Friday.

"The granting of visa has no linkage to the Nasa request to use U-tapao air base for conducting weather research," he said.

Noppadon said he did not make an earlier confirmation due to concern that the Democrats would politicise the visa issue.

He did not comment whether Thaksin had immediate plans to travel to the US.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-06

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It *could* be interesting. The US is one of only 14 countries that have extradition treaties with Thailand. Given the raft of charges still awaiting Our Man In Dubai upon his return to Thailand, I wonder if any civil service flunky will have the machismo to file a motion with the US for his extradition.

Doubtful, eh.

Come on! It is complete irrelevant what someone in Thailand fills. The USA is doing what they want, they did worse things than brake a extradition treaty with a country that no US president since Carter can even find on the map.

Edited by Scott

It *could* be interesting. The US is one of only 14 countries that have extradition treaties with Thailand. Given the raft of charges still awaiting Our Man In Dubai upon his return to Thailand, I wonder if any civil service flunky will have the machismo to file a motion with the US for his extradition.

Doubtful, eh.

sent from my Flying Pig phone

Come on! It is complete irrelevant what someone in Thailand fills. The USA is doing what they want, they did worse things than brake a extradition treaty with a country that no US president since Carter can even find on the map.

Oh, I don't know about that - I imagine Clinton knows where Phuket and Pattaya are! :P

The last time he visited the U.S. something bad happened. If I were him, I would not go.

He is lucky Mr Lee Harvey Ozwald is no longer with us IMO.

I know what you mean but Oswald was just a fall-guy...a patsy...a red-herring set-up to attract attention away from the actual perpetrators who assassinated JFK simply because he wouldn't go along with the masters of war to Vietnam. It's all about money. Big money.

• Like 2

Might be some Realpolitik at play in the USA just in case Thaksin does get back into power.

Why would he be so useful to the USA? What would be the interest of the USA if he gets back to power?

The biggest risk is indeed to extradite him, and that upon his return, mass riots start.

• Like 1

Doubtful, eh.

sent from my Flying Pig phone

Oh, I don't know about that - I imagine Clinton knows where Phuket and Pattaya are! tongue.png

I believe she knows Phuket and Pattaya. But can she find it on the map, a real with all that strange countries with similar names...Taiwan, Thailand, Taipei, all full with yellow people who steal American jobs, or Arab terrorists or European monarchists. Some are friendly some not.

It isn't easy for the land of the free home of the brave.