Thaksin Receives US Visa: Noppadon

webfact

Back to the OP

Noppadon said he did not make an earlier confirmation due to concern that the Democrats would politicise the visa issue.

K. Noppadon is probably referring the the example given by the MoFA who a month or so later admitted to have issued a shiny, brand-new passport within two days with his office as ChaengWattana flooded end of October 2011.

I guess it's just a matter of priorities

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt be anything to do with Myanmar and the American interest there would it?? Dr. T has lots of information and connections to offer on that front.

or maybe he is advising Wall Street on what the worthwhile assets are, so they can do some financial engineeering which they are famous for, rip out all the profits, and then leave the system in Myanmar to crash and burn before anyone of its citizens gets any benefit.

HMMMM!!! sounds like somewhere else I heard of, 1997 wasnt it ??

"...... the easiest path is to ignore that person and anything associated with that person." a lot of Germans tried that in the 1930's - it didn't work then either. Please refer my signature.

Well since I am pretty sure that Thaksin aint a Nazi, then you must be suggesting he is just evil. You can ignore evil people too.

Back to the OP

Noppadon said he did not make an earlier confirmation due to concern that the Democrats would politicise the visa issue.

K. Noppadon is probably referring the the example given by the MoFA who a month or so later admitted to have issued a shiny, brand-new passport within two days with his office as ChaengWattana flooded end of October 2011.

No, it's plainly obvious that he's talking about the American Visa, not a passport. <snip>

Edited by soundman

"...... the easiest path is to ignore that person and anything associated with that person." a lot of Germans tried that in the 1930's - it didn't work then either. Please refer my signature.

Well since I am pretty sure that Thaksin aint a Nazi, then you must be suggesting he is just evil. You can ignore evil people too.

"It is unwise to leave a live dragon out of your calculations if you live near him." Tolkien

• Like 1

Back to the OP

No, it's plainly obvious that he's talking about the American Visa, not a passport. So just trolling to provoke were you?

K. Noppadon is concerned just like the MoFA Suparong who on 2nd of December 2011 said "we'll issue soon", but didn't mention it was already issued end of October 2011. So, for k. Noppadon to be concerned seems logical. Of course, if you think to mention the past is provocative wink.png

For the passport issue and how it was 'politicised' see these links. BTW you'll find some of your own comments there.

2012-12-02

http://www.thaivisa....haksin-soon-fm/

2012-12-04

http://www.thaivisa....o-save-his-job/

2012-12-16

"Mr Thaksin was given his passport back in October because he was "no longer a threat to the country", a foreign ministry spokesman told the BBC."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-16215695

2012-12-18

http://www.nationmul...h-30172097.html

• Like 1

That's the price you pay for paranoia, sorry homeland security...............

Sorry for enforcing our right to determine who enters our country.

That's getting more and more difficult with Barack the Babbling Buffoon and his back-door amnesty program. Add to that; “Dear Janet” Napolitano and her latest instructions to Border Agents to “run away and hide” if they encounter a “active shooter”. Truly the "Idiot Administration".

Let's say he doesn't have a visa. That puts the US government in a sticky situation. If they report no he doesn't have a visa, that disrespects Sister's government. So I bet they would say nothing. Either way.

First, I doubt very much if he has a visa, US Immigation is not stupid. They know that giving T a visa would open a big can of worms. Second, US Immigration is not in the habit of reporting about whether anyone has a visa or not. So, we are never going to know, unless someone happens to either take a photo of the US visa in his passport or take a photo of him strolling down the streets in New York City. Maybe holding hands with Bambam (Obama).

Yeah, Bush is no stranger to letting criminals in his bed. Guess who was flying out of America -- one of the ONLY *special* flights allowed at that -- right after "911" happened; courtesy of George W. Bush himself.

Who?

Osama's brother and family.. Who either were visiting in the US or living there, forget which.. They were one of the special flights that were allowed to fly out of the US.

Raised a pretty big stink..

Thaksin has got connections to US powerbrokers though, both publicly known and most likely a lot of behind the scenes stuff because that is his MO. Before being elected as prime minister, he was a member of Carlyle Group’s Asian advisory board. He has been accused by some commentators of having 'globalist handlers' in the US who have been using him all along, to break the Thai upper and middle classes and nullify Thai sovereignty in order to bring about an easily-controlled faux-republic dictatorship under Thaksin, again controlled by the same globalist banking-oligarchs who run the US from the wings. If that were true then he probably has the same friends that Obama has and there's no reason for him not to go hang out with his luciferian buddies over there.

Ultimately the people who always lose-out to these kind of zero-morals billionaire playboy crimelords, are the poorest people at the the bottom of society in both the US & in Thailand.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

Thaksin has got connections to US powerbrokers though, both publicly known and most likely a lot of behind the scenes stuff because that is his MO. Before being elected as prime minister, he was a member of Carlyle Group’s Asian advisory board. He has been accused by some commentators of having 'globalist handlers' in the US who have been using him all along, to break the Thai upper and middle classes and nullify Thai sovereignty in order to bring about an easily-controlled faux-republic dictatorship under Thaksin, again controlled by the same globalist banking-oligarchs who run the US from the wings. If that were true then he probably has the same friends that Obama has and there's no reason for him not to go hang out with his luciferian buddies over there.

Ultimately the people who always lose-out to these kind of zero-morals billionaire playboy crimelords, are the poorest people at the the bottom of society in both the US & in Thailand.

ermm.gif

Haha, people like you like to stir the pot don't they. You should fit in really well in Thailand as Thailand seems to foster this type if attitude. So sad and so apparent from outside looking in. I guess difficult to see when mired deeply into the problem and not the solution.

If people could only see or were willing to see what keeps Thailand a mess and will ultimately cause severe destabilization in Thailand. It's people's attitudes, pride, and arrogance all driven by ignorance . . . Has little to do with Thaksin, politics, the US or anything else.

If people could only see or were willing to see what keeps Thailand a mess and will ultimately cause severe destabilization in Thailand. It's people's attitudes, pride, and arrogance all driven by ignorance . . . Has little to do with Thaksin, politics, the US or anything else.

I understand what you are saying, many problems in Thai society are 'self-inflicted wounds' caused by saving face etc. However I think it is stretching it a bit to say that the current and recent Thai mess has little to do with Thaksin, when he has had full control directly and by proxy for over six years in the last turbulent decade. I think he is a truly divisive individual, even if you ignore his grand-larceny and his penchant for murdering people, his legacy is one of division and the only question left in my mind is whether or not this division is incidental, or intentionally engineered by foreign powers.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla

The USA is doing what they want, they did worse things than brake a extradition treaty with a country that no US president since Carter can even find on the map.

h90 the us and thailand have certain agreements on extradition - that said Thailand has never joined onto a joint extradition agreement. Its called protecting ones citizens biggrin.png

Edited by LomSak27

ermm.gif

Oh dear, somebodies caught the cartalucci bug, tin foil hat time............................

• Like 1

Let's say he doesn't have a visa. That puts the US government in a sticky situation. If they report no he doesn't have a visa, that disrespects Sister's government. So I bet they would say nothing. Either way.

First, I doubt very much if he has a visa, US Immigation is not stupid. They know that giving T a visa would open a big can of worms. Second, US Immigration is not in the habit of reporting about whether anyone has a visa or not. So, we are never going to know, unless someone happens to either take a photo of the US visa in his passport or take a photo of him strolling down the streets in New York City. Maybe holding hands with Bambam (Obama).

I also doubt he has this visa. But it would give him more cred if he DOES have this visa. I also agree the US isn't in the business of announcing who does or doesn't have a visa to the public. Your terminology for President Obama is racist. Not cool.

... Your terminology for President Obama is racist. Not cool.

Bam-Bam (Bamm-Bamm) was actually a white character. So the accusation of racism is false and silly. Not cool at all.

"It is unwise to leave a live dragon out of your calculations if you live near him." Tolkien

Cute! But since dragons are things of pure fantasy, I can't see the Thaksin / US visa relevance.

Unless the whole Thaksin / US visa thing is a Democrat fantasy.

Edited by NanLaew

since more and more countries are giving thaksin visas I would think PTP have been working away in the background providing evidence against his conviction and showing they it was politically motivated, something they could not really do until they got power back.

I guess also these countries are not too worried, Thailand is a very very small fish on the global scale of things, even the dems when they had power really did nothing to get him back apart from whinge at countries when he turned up in them for not arresting him and sending him back, forgetting he even visited the Thai embassy in Hong Kong and they did nothing to get him back.

I doubt it very much, the US doesn't grant visas to felons. More BS from the Thaksin camp.

I am sure they will do it on a case to case basis when it is someone like this and not joe bloggs wanting 2 weeks in florida

even the dems when they had power really did nothing to get him back

You are of course making an assumption there, I believe they only paid lip service to it for the peanut gallery and in reality they wanted him to stay as far away from Thailand as possible.

I doubt it very much, the US doesn't grant visas to felons. More BS from the Thaksin camp.

I am sure they will do it on a case to case basis when it is someone like this and not joe bloggs wanting 2 weeks in florida

Having a criminal record does not necessarily preclude you from getting a visa. Some crimes will get you excluded, such as crimes against humanity and drug trafficking.

Corruption would exclude most leaders and politicians from Asia and Africa.

You seem to think that Thaksin as "someone like this" is deserving of different treatment to "joe bloggs wanting 2 weeks in florida"(sic). You don't subscribe to equality under the law? What facet of his persona rates special treatment - his wealth, ex-politician status, family ties? Should he be treated similarly to Prince Jefri of Brunei, Manuel Noriega or Billy Carter? (I'd opt for the Noriega visa)

• Like 1

You are of course making an assumption there, I believe they only paid lip service to it for the peanut gallery and in reality they wanted him to stay as far away from Thailand as possible.

Excellent observation....

Indeed. For the Democrats, Thaksin in Dubai was a headache, but Thaksin in Thailand would have been a nightmare.

• Like 1

Excellent observation....

I believe he does not want to come back either. He has some powerful enemies and he is relatively sure at least one of them will be willing to help him to the after life.

People make a mistake to think he is the only wealthy piece f Thai scum.

You seem to think that Thaksin as "someone like this" is deserving of different treatment to "joe bloggs wanting 2 weeks in florida"(sic). You don't subscribe to equality under the law? What facet of his persona rates special treatment - his wealth, ex-politician status, family ties? Should he be treated similarly to Prince Jefri of Brunei, Manuel Noriega or Billy Carter? (I'd opt for the Noriega visa)

hi mick, and welcome to how the world works.

Seems strange the American autjorities let a criminal on the run into USA while Julian Assange is being hounded for telling the honest truth

Ah yes; but the NYSE is full of rich crooks, so another one is not a bother for the Good ole US of A. Maybe Taksin will be taking a refresher course @ Fanny Mae & Freddy Mack. Julian Assange is a dastardly criminal, for proving the whole Iraq War was a giant scam by Republican Party Insiders, as a way for them (especially Dick Chaney) to make gross amounts of money very quickly. A "few" dead US Soldiers and 2.5 Million Iraquis are of little consequence to US Politicans..

Edited by cdnski12

I wonder what he filled in for the criminal bit on his visa application.

Is high level government corruption not Moral Turpitude?

Interesting development and a clear show of support for the Yingluck regime I would have thought.