Samlor

sucher

If one or both of those people in the photo were members of TV, wouldn't that be against the rules? Are we allowed to just post pictures of random farang we see? I might take my camera to a few bars in Rawai and see how that goes down.

Not to mention its illegal and dangerous to take photos while driving.

Unless I drive a left hand drive car.

It was taken from the passenger side and the picture reflects that but thanks for your forensic analysis.

I took the picture because those people are breaking the law. Well within my rights.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took the picture because those people are breaking the law.

That will keep you busy smile.png

Maybe ill snap you delivering tanks down the beach. I'll post it here. smile.png

Tanks at the beach? You'll have to wait till November, go to Kata Beach and even then you won't find me driving the sidecar, unless I'm diving by myself, because with guests I always take the car.

If one or both of those people in the photo were members of TV, wouldn't that be against the rules? Are we allowed to just post pictures of random farang we see? I might take my camera to a few bars in Rawai and see how that goes down.

It was taken from the passenger side and the picture reflects that but thanks for your forensic analysis.

I took the picture because those people are breaking the law. Well within my rights.

Sorry, I was too bemused by you being so affected by these people that you would start taking pictures of them and posting them on a forum to have thought it through properly. My apologies.

I look forward to seeing the rest of your collection. Like stevenl said, taking photos of people breaking the law in Phuket must be a full time job.

Sorry, I was too bemused by you being so affected by these people that you would start taking pictures of them and posting them on a forum to have thought it through properly. My apologies.

I look forward to seeing the rest of your collection. Like stevenl said, taking photos of people breaking the law in Phuket must be a full time job.

Apology accepted.

I took the pic to prove a point about these westerners who should know better because it wouldnt wash back in their home countries.

Why move here and think its ok?

Is thailand the place to come and break laws you wouldn't at home?

Driving a slow, unstable, illegal cart with no helmets is beyond dangerous but are tollerated by society because its understood they service the poor, not a tight wad dive operator or hippy that thinks their blending in.

Well, yes, that is one of the attractions of Thailand, and one of the reasons it is a good place to live.

If you want law enforcement or behaviour like back home you'd better move there.

Well, yes, that is one of the attractions of Thailand, and one of the reasons it is a good place to live.

If you want law enforcement or behaviour like back home you'd better move there.

Risking people lives on the road is an attraction and makes it better place to live?

Law enforcement on the roads would save lives but obviously you're against that so you can still operate your samlor with impunity and save a few baht.

As a poster with no dog in this fight; all dive shops use samlors, usually for short distances only.

They can take heavy, cumbersome diving equipment places that you can't, or are not allowed to go with a truck.

e.g. Piers, or, on the beach if diving from a long-tail.

It's got nothing to do with being a tight-wad and everything to do with convenience and practicality.

This is not the same as foreigners using samlors as their main means of transport.

• Like 2

Risking people lives on the road is an attraction and makes it better place to live?

Law enforcement on the roads would save lives but obviously you're against that so you can still operate your samlor with impunity and save a few baht.

If you would have read any of the posts others but your all important self have written here you would have noticed it is not about money that some people use sidecar but about convenience. You should also know it is not done to imply others say some things when they have not, like 'attraction' in this quote and 'you're obviously against law enforcement'. But that requires some common courtesy/decency which you're obviously against laugh.png

One of my attractions to Phuket is living a stress free relaxed life. Part of that is being tolerant of all the different types of people that have found themselves there. As long as people are being respectful and aren't interfering with me or mine, its all good. I accept that you believe they are affecting others but I don't agree. The only people they could possibly be a danger to is themselves IMO so why not leave them be.

I also think giving people a hard time because they choose to be a bit hippyish is a bit juvenile. Horses for courses and all that.

• Like 2

If one or both of those people in the photo were members of TV, wouldn't that be against the rules?

Only if member names or real names were published, and faces shown. I would have preferred the number plate to have been blurred out.

Where are the forum rules, i cannot find them now the forum web page has been changed,i would like to read them again

• 2 weeks later...
As a poster with no dog in this fight; all dive shops use samlors, usually for short distances only.

They can take heavy, cumbersome diving equipment places that you can't, or are not allowed to go with a truck.

It's got nothing to do with being a tight-wad and everything to do with convenience and practicality.

This is not the same as foreigners using samlors as their main means of transport.

If i had a dive shop i would be a bit more optomistic about how many customers i was expecting to have....i would buy a pick up and a minivan. A samlor really sets your bar low doesnt it? There is plenty of parking at Chalong pier as all the minibuses and hotel transport choose to park outside Jimmys lighthouse to avoid the 20baht parking fee. Its only another 20baht to drive your pickup along the jetty to your boat. My opinion is...if i were a customer going diving i would hardly be impressed if my gear arrived on some 1970s honda dream with sidecart. Its not quaint or cute....its unproffessional

If i had a dive shop i would be a bit more optomistic about how many customers i was expecting to have....i would buy a pick up and a minivan. A samlor really sets your bar low doesnt it? There is plenty of parking at Chalong pier as all the minibuses and hotel transport choose to park outside Jimmys lighthouse to avoid the 20baht parking fee. Its only another 20baht to drive your pickup along the jetty to your boat. My opinion is...if i were a customer going diving i would hardly be impressed if my gear arrived on some 1970s honda dream with sidecart. Its not quaint or cute....its unproffessional

Few corrections. I don't know aby diveshops that take their customers on a sidecar, it is used to transport equipment etc. Much more flexible than a pickup for that purpose.

In high season the parking lot at the pier does get full, parking is 40 Baht for the day at the pier and the charge for a pickup to the end of the pier is 100 Baht.

If you're a customer you will (if the diveshop has any sense of customer service that is) not see how the equipment is transported. You get in the minibus, we take care of the equipment.

You pick up a few words here and there and come with conclusions and opinions that have no bearing whatsoever on reality,

Few corrections. I don't know aby diveshops that take their customers on a sidecar, it is used to transport equipment etc. Much more flexible than a pickup for that purpose.

In high season the parking lot at the pier does get full, parking is 40 Baht for the day at the pier and the charge for a pickup to the end of the pier is 100 Baht.

If you're a customer you will (if the diveshop has any sense of customer service that is) not see how the equipment is transported. You get in the minibus, we take care of the equipment.

You pick up a few words here and there and come with conclusions and opinions that have no bearing whatsoever on reality,

" You pick up a few words here and there and come with conclusions and opinions that have no bearing whatsoever on reality "

Your quote^^^^...where did I write that customers would be arriving on Samlors?^^^^

" You pick up a few words here and there and come with conclusions and opinions that have no bearing whatsoever on reality "

Your quote^^^^...where did I write that customers would be arriving on Samlors?^^^^

Well, at least I know how to use the quote function here.

You're right, you only gave that impression, you did not mention it. That only leaves all the other nonsense you wrote.

You're right, you only gave that impression, you did not mention it. That only leaves all the other nonsense you wrote.

So I got the prices wrong, now we know what its all about, saving 140 baht. As I stated before there is plenty of parking and there is a clear access to the boats through the use of the pier. If your trying to save a few bucks just say so.

So I got the prices wrong, now we know what its all about, saving 140 baht. As I stated before there is plenty of parking and there is a clear access to the boats through the use of the pier. If your trying to save a few bucks just say so.

Again, you really don't know what you're talking about. See earlier corrections, where does the savings bit come from suddenly, etc.

I'm done here with you.

Again, you really don't know what you're talking about. See earlier corrections, where does the savings bit come from suddenly, etc.

I'm done here with you.

Well Im a recreational diver with around 150 dives with all different companies on the island, so I do know what Im talking about, Ive read some of your earlier posts regarding the dive industry and I know how fickle it is and how fickle the people that own dive businesses are...trust me I wont be using 'Samlor Divers' at Kata any time soon.

Well Im a recreational diver with around 150 dives with all different companies on the island, so I do know what Im talking about, Ive read some of your earlier posts regarding the dive industry and I know how fickle it is and how fickle the people that own dive businesses are...trust me I wont be using 'Samlor Divers' at Kata any time soon.

So you think that because you have done a few dives as a customer here you know the inner workings of the industry? Sorry to disappoint you, but as a guest you really have no knowledge of the inner workings of a diveshop, which you're clearly demonstrating.

The dive industry here is not fickle at all BTW, the core of the industry here is quite stable and has been around for a long time already. On the fringes it is fickle, just as any industry.

So you think that because you have done a few dives as a customer here you know the inner workings of the industry? Sorry to disappoint you, but as a guest you really have no knowledge of the inner workings of a diveshop, which you're clearly demonstrating.

The dive industry here is not fickle at all BTW, the core of the industry here is quite stable and has been around for a long time already. On the fringes it is fickle, just as any industry.

I thought you were done here with me..... with an attitude like yours to potential customers its no wonder your driving samlors. The dive industry in Phuket is the most fickle, backstabbing and jelous industry I have ever seen....A lot of my friends own or work as divers and I hear the stories every day. Upgrade to a pick up buddy...be a bit optimistic about your business.

I thought you were done here with me..... with an attitude like yours to potential customers its no wonder your driving samlors. The dive industry in Phuket is the most fickle, backstabbing and jelous industry I have ever seen....A lot of my friends own or work as divers and I hear the stories every day. Upgrade to a pick up buddy...be a bit optimistic about your business.

How can I upgrade to a pickup when I have already been driving one here for over 10 years? How can I be done with you when you come up with new nonsense all the time?

Oh, and find new friends who work in the real, stable businesses in stead of on the fringes.

Edited by stevenl

How can I upgrade to a pickup when I have already been driving one here for over 10 years?

Oh, and find new friends who work in the real, stable businesses in stead of on the fringes.

Im yet to understand the intricate workings of diveshops and samlors but as a customer I would think its unprofessional to have my gear which I paid 100,000 baht for to be transported around in a smokie samlor. Just my opinion there. But what would I know? Im only a customer....you know what that is dont you?

How can I upgrade to a pickup when I have already been driving one here for over 10 years? How can I be done with you when you come up with new nonsense all the time?

Oh and who might these be? Samlor divers? The guys and girls (Thais and falangs) I know own their own boats and dont sit around on the internet all day praying for 30 percent commissions walking in off the streets

Im yet to understand the intricate workings of diveshops and samlors but as a customer I would think its unprofessional to have my gear which I paid 100,000 baht for to be transported around in a smokie samlor. Just my opinion there. But what would I know? Im only a customer....you know what that is dont you?

Now, where did you read your gear is being transported in a sidecar? You're making up things.