Renting A Condo / Apartment - Deposits, Internet Etc

TheShockMaster

I think you can get a 1 bedroom at Northshore Condo Soi 5 in your budget.

Nice.

I think I'm going to have a look at this place. Some nice looking apartments. Although I'm sure a few of Pattaya's most notorious characters live there. Let's not go in to that though. Thanks for the recommendation Paul.

There are rental advertisments on a board in the lobby and a real esate agent out front that handles some units.

Asking prices are high so be prepared to work them down.

I am curious. Not criticizing, just curious.

The OP states a budget of 25-30K, and wants a spacious flat. I look at Northshore on Pattaya Condo Guide, and see 60 condos for rent from 35K to 135K, and most of the lower priced ones are quite small. Anything 45K and below is 80 square meters or less.

Do you really that the OP will be able to negotiate a 25-35% reduction from the asking price to get a decent sized unit, especially given that it appears he is inexperienced in these matters in Thailand, more specifically Pattaya?

The fact that there are many condos for rent in the building may well be an indication that the asking prices are out of whack with the value, but still - even by going direct and avoiding use of an agent, that is still a very serious reduction from asking to negotiated price.

I know someone that had a one bedroom unit there for 30,000Bt.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Interesting. Thanks!

Any idea as to the size of the unit or the asking price when negotiations started?

If you're really interested in Northshore, PM me as the committee manager is a very good friend of mine. I'm sure he knows whats for rent and how much. I can hook you up with him directly if desired. He's a great guy.

Very nice.

Interesting. Thanks!

Any idea as to the size of the unit or the asking price when negotiations started?

If you're really interested in Northshore, PM me as the committee manager is a very good friend of mine. I'm sure he knows whats for rent and how much. I can hook you up with him directly if desired. He's a great guy.

Nice!

Not for me - I am happy right where I am, but I am sure the OP would be interested in such a meeting when he gets here.