The Toilet Brush Scrubber & The Kitchen Sink

Recently I hired a new maid to clean up around the house. As she was doing her work, I walked into the kitchen and she was cleaning the sink and counters with a toilet brush scrubber! I almost lost my mind, once I saw this I asked her why she was using the toilet brush to clean the kitchen counters and sink where we prepare our food on a daily basis, she said "it was normal and that the water takes away the bacteria of the toilet scrubber so it’s ok."

Make a long story short, she is no longer employed by us.

Have anyone of you ever experienced something similar?

I'm very tolerant of my cleaner but if I saw the toilet brush in the kitchen like that it would be over too. I would question the person's judgment about everything. I've not experienced anything that bad but recently I noticed my cleaner was putting her handbag on top of my kitchen counter food prep area. It took me a while to explain to her why I wanted her to stop doing that, but I don't think she really had the slightest notion why.

In one sampling, four of five handbags tested positive for salmonella, and that’s not the worst of it. “There is fecal contamination on the handbags,” says Amy.
http://www.themenumom.com/keeping-the-germs-off-your-kitchen-counter

I agree that the content of your OP deserves some serious observations FBN but you also have to be prepared to take it on the chin when members inject a bit of fun.

When I read the title of your thread I thought it was a joke doing the rounds and opened it up expecting it to be just that.

On the serious side of things I hope you spotted this immediately on commencement and she didn,t get around to washing the stubborn marks of your crockery and utensils and more importantly she,d given the toilet / s a good flush before using the brush, making sure there was clean of debri before proceeding to use it for the sink.

Blocking it with this type of material is no joke either whistling.gif

A SOH is essential when posting content of this nature and being prepared for a few less serious / toilet humour type posts..

I appreciate you cannot be pleased with your observations re the cleaner and hope you will forgive me for having a little laugh at the title, even before I opened it up, expecting a good joke to follow.

I hope you can allow the thread to develop with a compliment of fun and seriousness.

I promise to keep having a butchers if you do when I,m on the forum as a good laugh helps my day along.

marshbags thumbsup.gif

I reckon you could be tongue in cheek on this one and using a bit of wind up to add a few more sarcastic / fuuny antidotes having posted it in this section of the forum............I hope so. cheesy.gif

Edited by marshbags

After my toilet brush has been washed, dried, sanitized and deodorized

I use it, in the kitchen, to scrub marks off the floor......giggle.gif

Am I now unemployed?.......sad.png

No problems whatsoever, actually I didn't know if to laugh or cry when I saw what she was doing. As if it was standard procedure to use the toilet scrubber to clean the kitchen counter and sink, I couldn't help myself but to stare at what she was doing for a couple of minutes before I completely exploded and had to explain to her that there are designated cleaning supplies for certain areas of the house.

Her response was "the brush is good for everything because very strong." I was dumbfounded, and at a loss for words for about 5 minutes, until I finally realized it was time for her to go.

After my toilet brush has been washed, dried, sanitized and deodorized

I use it, in the kitchen, to scrub marks off the floor......giggle.gif

Am I now unemployed?.......sad.png

I hope you don,t clean it in the sink KJ laugh.png

No....not that stupid.wink.png .......clean it in the water that I'm going to use to wash the vegetables in......thumbsup.gif

No problems whatsoever, actually I didn't know if to laugh or cry when I saw what she was doing. As if it was standard procedure to use the toilet scrubber to clean the kitchen counter and sink, I couldn't help myself but to stare at what she was doing for a couple of minutes before I completely exploded and had to explain to her that there are designated cleaning supplies for certain areas of the house.

Her response was "the brush is good for everything because very strong." I was dumbfounded, and at a loss for words for about 5 minutes, until I finally realized it was time for her to go.

Understand now......... especially when she said "good for everything"...w00t.gif

Understand now......... especially when she said "good for everything"...w00t.gif

Wire brush and dettol

Ask her if she'd like a glass of water, then proceed to clean the glass with the toilet brush before adding water and offering it to her...

She'll get the point !! - Then run her off, if she's careless enough to use the toilet brush she's also doing other unimaginable you haven't spotted.

This is not stupidity - No one can be that stupid - She is simply being careless, you were correct to get rid of her.

although not as bad as your original post... we have had similar experiences with our maid... like washing dishes with the scrubber that was used to clean out the sink and kitchen top, etc.

So, what we have done is to tell any maid on the first day of work... what is to be used with what? and still have some issues... but ok and acceptable.

I would not have fired her. She didn't know any better (kwai). Just explain to her how you like your house to be cleaned and supervise her, that's all. You are in a third world country, 80% of the people are poor and whipe their a$$ with their hands. What do you expect?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Thaivisa Connect App