TrueVisions Launched 17 HD Channels, Blocked Pirate Users Overnight

webfact

Has anyone successfully used a True box to record a program? I've had an HD box since the start of the year and whenever I try to record, I get a message saying the service isn't available. If I call Truevisions they say the service will be available 'soon' but they've been telling me that for more than 6 months now.

Yes, you need to buy an external HDD and connect this to your receiver, then contact True to activate the facility on your receiver... they do charge an extra 99 bt a month for this "privilege", which is my only beef with Truevisions at the moment. It's a bit cheeky given you are recording to a HDD that you own, not them!

True sell their own HDDs but they are expensive and I couldn't get one due to lack of stock. They publish a list of "recommended" HDDs on their website I believe, but many other makes and models work. I will post a list of models that I have tested soon, just waiting for delivery...

NB You need to use a HDD with a SATA and USB connection, not network connection

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are having problems with your dreambox not working and would still love to have quality UK TV, then try out our FREE 2 day trial today!

https://www.thaiexpa...free_trial.php

2 day totally FREE trial (Windows PC only).

No VPN or Proxy!

Really!

When I tried to use it last year it would not work, no matter how I tried. (windows xp & windows 7, two different machines

And e mails to you for help went unanswered, so no thanks, i'll not waste my time again.

Richard

Chiang Mai

Has anyone successfully used a True box to record a program? I've had an HD box since the start of the year and whenever I try to record, I get a message saying the service isn't available. If I call Truevisions they say the service will be available 'soon' but they've been telling me that for more than 6 months now.

Yes, you need to buy an external HDD and connect this to your receiver, then contact True to activate the facility on your receiver... they do charge an extra 99 bt a month for this "privilege", which is my only beef with Truevisions at the moment. It's a bit cheeky given you are recording to a HDD that you own, not them!

True sell their own HDDs but they are expensive and I couldn't get one due to lack of stock. They publish a list of "recommended" HDDs on their website I believe, but many other makes and models work. I will post a list of models that I have tested soon, just waiting for delivery...

NB You need to use a HDD with a SATA and USB connection, not network connection

Thanks for the information, now that you mention it, I remember having got as far as working out that the box didn't include a hard drive and I needed to get my own but I didn't know there was an extra charge or activation required.

Thai's do not have to crack anything !

TrueVision had not developed anything at all, they had bought a system from a Chinese manufacture !

Do you not think another Chinese manufacture already produce equipment that can pirate the system ??

I tell you there are !

And properly the same company who sell to True, they have just a "un-official" company who do !

Truecorp is now using the NDS algorithms and encryption techniques that people in UK have been trying to crack since intordouced to Sky Television in 1997.

NDS was originally an Israeli company and True signed the deal with them in May 2011

But it is not a UK or Irael company who supply equipment to True !!!

It is some of the cheapest shit from China !

Maybe they pay a fee for using the technique, !

As i know do they also use code sharing in UK !

Oh how unhappy all you pirates and bootleggers are.....and very bitter......at last, all those who have been talking like smartarses for all this time about full True service almost for nothing are having to eat humble pie!!

The whole thing is way more simple than all of you try to pretend. If you buy into True, they provide you with a box and a dish, and when it goes wrong or you have a problem you phone True and an engineer comes out and fixes it.....it really is that simple!!

If on the other hand youre a dreambox pirate, well you can hardly complain can you, because how in hell do you expect True to let you have their signals for free when you dont pay into the system??!!

I m no apologist for True, I have major issues with some of their programming.....but at the end of the day, I pay the legitimate fee for the legitimate service, and there is absolutely no justifiable complaint from the cheapskate bootleggers since you pay zero baht to True!!!

We can easily afford True now, we saved 2000 Baht a month for years !!!

But as i wrote before, i True not worth the big money, it is old movies, i never see movies at True, the only thing i look for is Discovery, History, etc, i have some of them on the cable, so it is not a big problem !

But i am sure there will be something else, there is also a competitor now GMM etc.

If you are having problems with your dreambox not working and would still love to have quality UK TV, then try out our FREE 2 day trial today!

No VPN or Proxy!

Really!

When I tried to use it last year it would not work, no matter how I tried. (windows xp & windows 7, two different machines

And e mails to you for help went unanswered, so no thanks, i'll not waste my time again.

Richard

Chiang Mai

Hi Richard,

We think you must be confusing us with another company, as we have only been operational for 7 weeks. Our business model was not even conceived until early this year, 2012.

All phone calls & emails are answered professionally and promptly. The best way to see that we are a different company to the one you previously had a bad expierence with, is to take out our 2 day free trial & see the quality for yourself.

Best regards,

Admin

Let's see how fast there is a new way to get it cheap !

I had paid to True for 14 years, they did not improve much, then they started to broadcast commercials, did that help NO !!

They are crooks and i have no bad feelings stealing their lousy channels !

It is worth 500 but they want 2500 !!

you wont be stealing it again in this century.
  • Like 1

We can easily afford True now, we saved 2000 Baht a month for years !!!

But as i wrote before, i True not worth the big money, it is old movies, i never see movies at True, the only thing i look for is Discovery, History, etc, i have some of them on the cable, so it is not a big problem !

But i am sure there will be something else, there is also a competitor now GMM etc.

The channels you are interested in are available on other sats in the area. Check lyngsat and you will find what you seek. There are many HD channels that the "pirates" have had for many months that the true customers just got today.. let them have their glory. They have been paying dearly for it.

• Like 1

Oh how unhappy all you pirates and bootleggers are.....and very bitter......at last, all those who have been talking like smartarses for all this time about full True service almost for nothing are having to eat humble pie!!

Yeah, it might be a whole month before they get things back up and running, then it will be business as usual.

No VPN or Proxy!

Really!

Richard

Chiang Mai

Hi Richard,

We think you must be confusing us with another company, as we have only been operational for 7 weeks. Our business model was not even conceived until early this year, 2012.

All phone calls & emails are answered professionally and promptly. The best way to see that we are a different company to the one you previously had a bad expierence with, is to take out our 2 day free trial & see the quality for yourself.

Best regards,

Admin

To be fair to ThaiexpatTV, I used their service and it worked well. I watched most of the Euro 2012 on it and thoroughly enjoyed the English commentary. Customer service was great, recently cancelled the service due to work out of Thailand for a period but plan to resume later this year.

I even forgot to cancel my paypal sub having cancelled the ThaiexpatTV feed and they refunded my payment without me asking. That is quality admin in my opinion and admirable honesty. thumbsup.gif

I think TrueVisions is pretty good. We get good service from the Udon office and the rates aren't off the planet. Pirates have to have a reason to justify stealng and normally that the rates are abusive works for them. Funny how many otherwise perfectly honest people don't mind stealing this stuff and intellectual property. "If the software was cheaper I'd buy a proper copy". No, you wouldn't. But you should, really. And you know it.

I'm an IT guy and my son has a massive collection of movies etc he's pulled off bit torrent sites. I just couldn't be bothered with all the filing and backing up and fart arsing around.

And I like to channel surf. But that's just me.

not to mention waiting hours for a download of poor quality and possible virus infection that will take out your pc.

Just my opinion, but True is crap! I've had it for over 15 years and have never been satisfied with it, service, content or quality. If ever another legitimate satellite company is allowed to do business here I'll sign up. I can hear people now, "Why would you have it for 15 years if it's crap"? Two phrases come to mind "the only game in town" and "the best of the worst".

Not to mention that they play the same programs and jockey them around different channels. Same program different channel. They are a rip off at best. HBO is a great example of this as well as discovery channels.

Yeah, it might be a whole month before they get things back up and running, then it will be business as usual.

Dream tv has been off for 3 years without a fix and i doubt any one can. this new encryption is top notch.

Yes, virtually any good sata drive will do, just pop into an "e"-SATA Box, plug it in to the true visions set top box, tell True Visions to activate it and hey presto it works.

The sytem might complain if the HD is not listed in its system but ANY e-sata will work. Remember you have to register when you connect the device.

Dont bother waiting for True because they will always say comming later. I picked up my 1Tet drive in Tuk-Com.

Edited by newermonkey
  • Like 1

Your agent is actually in Nongkhai. Your Vientiane "agent" is an agent of the Nongkhai agent :)

I live in Vientiane, Laos and along with many expats here have had Thai Visions for several years through a local dealer, for which we have paid the full rate identical to what people pay in Thailand.

Now True Visions have upgraded their signal to HDTV and installed software to prevent people pirating their signal. I suspected that was what our 'agent' was doing since I couldn't take the a la carte BBC Entertainment option and emailing True Visions in Bangkok produced the response: "We have no agent in Vientiane."

Now we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

Blocked Pirate Users Overnight?

So what are they going to do?

Start subscribing to TureVission?

that would be a good idea for true to get new customers but true forgot to stock up on equipment to sell the new customers.

worked like a daisy this morning...no resetting...no punching numbers.....switched on...worked...

Hope UBC keeps up this service for there customers....I have been one of the first subscribers here in Thailand.....and hope it keeps up like this...

The whole thing is way more simple than all of you try to pretend. If you buy into True, they provide you with a box and a dish, and when it goes wrong or you have a problem you phone True and an engineer comes out and fixes it.....it really is that simple!!

If on the other hand youre a dreambox pirate, well you can hardly complain can you, because how in hell do you expect True to let you have their signals for free when you dont pay into the system??!!

I m no apologist for True, I have major issues with some of their programming.....but at the end of the day, I pay the legitimate fee for the legitimate service, and there is absolutely no justifiable complaint from the cheapskate bootleggers since you pay zero baht to True!!!

Eat humble pie because I saved 2,000+ THB / month for several years?!?!? In 3 years, I've saved roughly 72,000 THB..... If that's constitutes humble pie, then by all means, I'll have another!

Just because we paid "zero" baht to True, doesn't mean we are bootleggers. I've happily payed my service provider to provide me a cheaper alternative, with a much higher level of service and customer support, at a much more affordable rate.

When I go into a massage shop and get a massage, I don't check for building zoning permits, the ID cards of all workers, etc. I am just there to purchase a service I want, at an affordable price. Its the service providers job to very that his business licenses are legit and he is not employing illegal workers. The same applies to my Sat provider. I'm just paying him for a service. How he's providing it is on him.

-Mestizo

• Like 2

Blocked Pirate Users Overnight?

So what are they going to do?

Start subscribing to TureVission?

that would be a good idea for true to get new customers but true forgot to stock up on equipment to sell the new customers.

To be fair I think that is a by product of the whole GMM/ Euro 2012 fiasco... isn't there a huge backlog of receivers sitting in customs due to the NBTC placing a block on the importation of all satellite receivers until they could work out how to take their heads out of their butts and sort out some legislation to prevent similar fiascos in the future?

Eat humble pie because I saved 2,000+ THB / month for several years?!?!? In 3 years, I've saved roughly 72,000 THB..... If that's constitutes humble pie, then by all means, I'll have another!

Just because we paid "zero" baht to True, doesn't mean we are bootleggers. I've happily payed my service provider to provide me a cheaper alternative, with a much higher level of service and customer support, at a much more affordable rate.

When I go into a massage shop and get a massage, I don't check for building zoning permits, the ID cards of all workers, etc. I am just there to purchase a service I want, at an affordable price. Its the service providers job to very that his business licenses are legit and he is not employing illegal workers. The same applies to my Sat provider. I'm just paying him for a service. How he's providing it is on him.

-Mestizo

That really depends on the legislation in the country you reside and pointedly whether or not you are aware you are using an illegal service... you might want to check the local laws before admitting any criminal acts on an internet forum which have your details and IP address... there are a few cases that can easily be googled where "innocent" end users have ended up being hauled over the coals...

-Mestizo

My dreambox doesn't seems to work anymore.

What about yours?

Then why did you get so worked up when your dream box stopped working with True?! What could you possibly want to record?! Evidently you are not downloading that much great content...!

I am not 'worked up' about anything.. I have platinum and all the add on channels and have all my other systems of getting content..

However I do have it set up to capture and distribute the MPEG data over my home network, to a media server and out to nodes for viewing, thats not going to work now with the new paired card system.

But really its just making me wonder if I really need it.. Other than news channels and a bit of discovery turbo, I barely watch TV.. I realized recently I went from Oct Nov time last year until about march this year without once turning on the satellite feed.. I am paying 2500 plus a month just because I think I might want it..

Many of us dreambox users are not pirating anything at all.. The dreambox provides features and home media options that trues boxes cannot and never will manage to do.

I have been a plantium user for year.. I just dislike the hardware they have up to now provided. I will have to get a few HD boxes and see how they go but theres no way it will do what I can do with my dreambox setups.

Then why did you get so worked up when your dream box stopped working with True?! What could you possibly want to record?! Evidently you are not downloading that much great content...!

I am not 'worked up' about anything.. I have platinum and all the add on channels and have all my other systems of getting content..

However I do have it set up to capture and distribute the MPEG data over my home network, to a media server and out to nodes for viewing, thats not going to work now with the new paired card system.

But really its just making me wonder if I really need it.. Other than news channels and a bit of discovery turbo, I barely watch TV.. I realized recently I went from Oct Nov time last year until about march this year without once turning on the satellite feed.. I am paying 2500 plus a month just because I think I might want it..

If that's the reality of your personal use it's a no brainer for you isn't it?! Why pay for a service you don't use?!

Re: capturing and distributing the feed from the receivers (or any HDMi source) over a network, couldn't you use HDMI to IP devices? This thread may be of interest to you... http://www.avsforum.com/t/1157457/just-add-power-introduces-hdmi-over-ip-using-standard-ethernet-lan

No VPN or Proxy!

Really!

Richard

Chiang Mai

Hi Richard,

Best regards,

Admin

Lies..

I have email and test system from early may May.. Maybe time to get the calender out.

You never properly replied to my own issues either.. The PC soft is an ugly piece of low quality crud.. No uninstaller either..