TrueVisions Launched 17 HD Channels, Blocked Pirate Users Overnight

webfact

No matter what they do someone will figure out a way to crack the system and make some money.

I'll give it less than two week's.

From what I understood they switch to NDS encryption system and I am sorry to say, it will not be "cracked" in the following two weeks. As an old "pirate" for many different system back in Sweden I programmed my own smartcards for many years. When one of the distributors switched to NDS that was all over, this was now 4½ years ago and it is still not cracked. The rest followed and now the 2 largets for sat and the terrestial DVB broadcasters only have paying customers.

I say Thais will crack it within 7 days.

Hahaha,, then I have to say that you have no idea what you are talking about...

• Like 1

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV

What is an NMT ??

What software handles this sort of scheduling of my viewing ??

I am doing the above but manually.. If there was a slicker way to load the media server, tidy the filesystem, keep correct metadata, I am all for it.

Interested in this.

HD torrents are highly compressed giving poor viedo and even worse audio quailty....No lossless audio not even as good as 5.1 dolby surround sound, But if you now have a sat box that is a paper weight, I guess its better then nothing. btw, How can a 25 gigabyte hd movie look the same after its compressed into 1.5 gigabytes...Keep living the dream. Edited by maeab

I was incandescent last evening when True Non-Visions decided to blank out the final stages of the Scottish Open golf tournament at 2300. My excitement had been building over the previous two hours when the result was more and more in doubt and it was becoming a very much nip and tuck affair. At the end of the month my box goes back, with the unpaid monthly invoice, and if they cock up the showing of The Open this week I shall be taking a 4 lb hammer to it before handing it in. Enough is enough.

Anybody advising me that I need a course in anger management can stick his advice where the sun doesn't shine.

I guess True Vissions made a carefull desision and blacked out when there was not much of importance being transmitted. As with most people" boring old mans golf" is not of any significance. They would not have done it whist the Formula One was on.

• Like 2

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV

What is an NMT ??

What software handles this sort of scheduling of my viewing ??

I am doing the above but manually.. If there was a slicker way to load the media server, tidy the filesystem, keep correct metadata, I am all for it.

Interested in this.

HD torrents are highly compressed giving poor viedo and even worse audio quailty....No lossless audio not even as good as 5.1 dolby surround sound, But if you now have a sat box that is a paper weight, I guess its better then nothing. btw, How can a 25 gigabyte hd movie look the same after its compressed into 1.5 gigabytes...Keep living the dream.

Ask your sat provider how they just compressed the HD video and fit it in the space the SD video stream took up.. man you are daft.

Just my opinion, but True is crap! I've had it for over 15 years and have never been satisfied with it,

service, content or quality. If ever another legitimate satellite company is allowed to do business here I'll sign up.

I can hear people now, "Why would you have it for 15 years if it's crap"? Two phrases come to mind "the only game in town

" and "the best of the worst".

You forgot to add and I m not going to give them a chance to prove they have improved the system

Going over to Nong Khai and registering and paying there is what I assumed our Lao 'agent' was doing. I became suspicious when he told me I couln't subsribe to the a la carte BBC Entertainment channel because that signal didn't reach into the distant Thai provinces.

Philip

Edited by philiplaos

also I didn't see ASN on the channel list, is that still only on Grammy?? so Truevisions will again feature no american football?

It's my understanding that ASN is now available on Platinum and Gold Lite packges, but not the regular Gold package. Before the upgrade last night, ASN was on Channel 114.

Okay, likewise this morning all my houses had True Vision problems with no signal and error message. Went along and saw True who said"

1. Access Signal set up.

2. Put in code 2321.

3. Choose option 1.

4. Exit set up.

if that doesn't work unplug and let the system reboot and you should be receiving loud and clear - worked for me!!clap2.gif And all my customers "me-qwam-suk maak, maak and think their landlord is great techniciancheesy.gif

Edited by robertson468

I think TrueVisions is pretty good. We get good service from the Udon office and the rates aren't off the planet. Pirates have to have a reason to justify stealng and normally that the rates are abusive works for them. Funny how many otherwise perfectly honest people don't mind stealing this stuff and intellectual property. "If the software was cheaper I'd buy a proper copy". No, you wouldn't. But you should, really. And you know it.

I'm an IT guy and my son has a massive collection of movies etc he's pulled off bit torrent sites. I just couldn't be bothered with all the filing and backing up and fart arsing around.

And I like to channel surf. But that's just me.

• Like 1

LOL at those people that think that True offers better quality than torrents or Usenet NZB files. Both of them even offer even different encoding formats. Before you make daft comments, try to familiar yourself with these technologies.

• Like 1

Amazing how many despicable dishonest people will still try a way to steal TV channels from true without paying for them; Most likely the same ones who complain about Thaiws ripping them off in one way or another.

• Like 1

Ok... the app I use to monitor the rss torrent feeds is http://code.google.com/p/torrentwatch/

the app that gets all the metadata and downloads the cover art and organizes it all for me is http://code.google.com/p/oversight/

I chose the torrent feeds like the ones I posted already...

http://www.bt-chat.com/

http://eztv.it/

both of those sites let you create your own rss feeds to give torrentwatch.

here is a whole list of them

http://www.moreofit...._Like_Ezrss.it/

oh.. and here is a windows based app I used to use that still works fine and is free

http://www.ted.nu/index.php

Thanks for taking the time to explain.. So many posters dont.

That gives me something to get reading and working on.. Didnt connect the dots with RSS feeds before..

So Jayman, share the joy, what are the ingredients & method ?

I guess that the keyword is "torrent"...

But Torrent can't deliver live services such as news and live sports.

Or can it?

News is available free of charge, eg. BBC World, CNN and Al J.

Live sports is indeed the biggie.. always hit & miss.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

HD torrents are highly compressed giving poor viedo and even worse audio quailty....No lossless audio not even as good as 5.1 dolby surround sound, But if you now have a sat box that is a paper weight, I guess its better then nothing. btw, How can a 25 gigabyte hd movie look the same after its compressed into 1.5 gigabytes...Keep living the dream.

If you think True is using anything like BluRay level compression your obviously in need of some glasses..

My main reason for downloading torrents is True has so little I wish to watch.. And I like my series timeshifted so I can marathon them.

Once you get used to TV on your schedules, its very hard to go back to broadcast.

• Like 1

A few points.to add:-

Firstly yes HD has a big point even without Euro football (I hate football personally but felt sorry for others that wanted to see it) like now ESPN HS is there so the F1 GPs will be in full HD as well as other sports too including a lot of football for you fans of it. 17 HD channels is a good package but I am not paying nearly 3000 Baht a month for it just a rip off price and still wont be able to record programs and TimeShift like I can on my Openbox S10.. Very peed off that I cannot just stick a usual pucker True subscription decryption card in my Openbox now as I do not want a bloody True box which is likely inferior to my Openbox anyway. Mind you I can understand their point of view too so cannot really moan too much about that, but I can still moan about the rip off package prices than many many are not prepared to pay.

Just checked and the Openbox S10 is as I thought MPEG4 compliant so it can receive the signals and demod them okay and thus probably why those with Openboxes can still receive the free to air "Knowledge Package" channels. So now it is just the decryption service problem at a reasonable price. I am sure this is being worked on as we speak and just a matter of time, but how long if indeed it is even possible ??? Does anyone know if the older Dreambox DM500 (has no HDMI connection available) is MPEG4 compliant?? I personally doubt that it is, so even the free to air Sat channels will not be available on an old DM500 if those unencrypted channels are all now moved onto the MPEG4 system.

I agree though that it was very very naff of Truevision to switch off for the changeover at 23:00 last night that was way way too early and still at the latter end of peak viewing time. Should have waited until about 2:00 AM and back on at midday today much more customer friendly if they understand that term !!!!!!!!

Maybe time to move to another satellite or maybe still say one of the other transponders on the current satellite that carries Truevision (say Bynamar or DTV ??) may still be decrypt-able on the old system so can see this as a possible option for those that have now lost the Truevision channels. Maybe if Truevision, who I see now carry advertising and thus I believe do now get advertising revenue, would halve their package prices then they would get a lot more customers and maybe overall then even earn more money from the service, but hey that will put the many card sharing services out of business and possibly drastically reduce the BiB tea money fund so I cannot see that being allowed to happen for too long hmm rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

Anyway I mainly use torrents from UKNova and The Box for all my UK TV shows and many in HD and good quality SD too, heck I am sad enough even to watch EastEnders in HD the day after it is broadcast. I am patient and can always wait until the following day to watch the programs I want to see and even the F1 I love I can get the full BBC HD coverage the next day so just keep away from the News channels so I do not know the result. What is the rush or need to have to see it live? Patience is all that is needed along with avoiding hearing the results before you watch it, then it is every bit as good and probably with a better quality picture and letting you watch it at a time that fits in with the rest of your life.

I just wish that Geo Blocking would be banned worldwide as it is only there to feed the fat cap program makers who already make far too much money. Programs should only be sold these days with WorldWIde licenses then the BBC could issue Internet only TV licences so all UK expats can watch BBC TV live from anywhere with a streamed encrypted service available to all special internet licence holders say for a fair £25 a year (after all it is a much lower quality service than the full UK TV licence gives you so has to be a lot cheaper). That would give more needed revenue for the BBC too without incurring hardly any addition cost to them over the current service and the same goes for other countries too where their expats want to watch home TV too from anywhere in the world. The technology is here with us for some time just the stupidity and/or greed of man that holds it all back against the majority wishes. Actually I do not expect a free ride and am perfectly willing to pay a reasonable non rip off price for a streamed TV service I can watch on my PC or Smart TV, or yes even free if the channel is funded from advertising revenue unlike the BBC. As it is now there are only so called illegal methods giving folk no option other than to watch illegally or not at all, a pretty bum choice if you ask me!!!!!!!!

Sorry if any of this has been mentioned before but not the time to read all of this long thread.

Edited by rayw

Regarding this, unnecessarily bitchy, Sat TV (True) vs Internet DLs/ Torrents. Advantages of sat - Live sports, live news feeds, ease of use, convenience and of course, legality. Downloading illegal content via torrent doesn't make that content any more legal!

Personally I DL specific content that I want if I can't get it on sat, legally if I can but couldn't be without sat TV of some sort. Cbeebies for the children - do they really care if they repeat a series? Of course not, they'll watch the same Peppa Pig episode 20 twenty times over and love it each time!

This update to the True service is a positive move, the prices aren't excessive (actually very cheap if you use multiple receivers), they're in line with sat providers the world over as is the content, number of repeats etc. For me Discovery HD, Nat Geo HD & History are welcome additions to the line-up,some great documentaries, series etc and hey, if they repeat them I can always switch over! 3x HD sports channels? Awesome, Olympics live in HD, Premiership live in HD... how can that be bad?

I don't understand why people have to be so ratty when it comes to technology or these sat TV threads, jeez, we live in the LOS, look outside it's sunny and hot.... take a break from your TV if it's all getting a bit too stressful and go have a swim to cool off thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thai's do not have to crack anything !

TrueVision had not developed anything at all, they had bought a system from a Chinese manufacture !

Do you not think another Chinese manufacture already produce equipment that can pirate the system ??

I tell you there are !

And properly the same company who sell to True, they have just a "un-official" company who do !

TrueVision had not developed anything at all, they had bought a system from a Chinese manufacture !

Do you not think another Chinese manufacture already produce equipment that can pirate the system ??

I tell you there are !

And properly the same company who sell to True, they have just a "un-official" company who do !

Truecorp is now using the NDS algorithms and encryption techniques that people in UK have been trying to crack since intordouced to Sky Television in 1997.

NDS was originally an Israeli company and True signed the deal with them in May 2011

Well American football fans are now happy with ESPN returning, but being English I would like to see some cricket. I suspect that the Australians, NewZealanders and some other nationals would like it too.

There is enough sports channels showing a lot of sports that are no way near as popular as cricket. I would even upgrade my subscription to see this sport especially the T20 and one day games.

Any support for this.

I agree, cricket is about all that is missing now, would be great if we got that too.

• Like 1

Has anyone successfully used a True box to record a program? I've had an HD box since the start of the year and whenever I try to record, I get a message saying the service isn't available. If I call Truevisions they say the service will be available 'soon' but they've been telling me that for more than 6 months now.

I tell you there are !

Good and valid point. If it is true (pun intended!), as seems plausible, then it should not be too long before those who use the pirated services get back on air. Don't hold your breath though.

Oh someone said that those who use the hacked service from True are "despicable". Well I do not think that they particularly are as things stand now, as I squarely blame True for over charging and ripping off folk to make way way too much profit from the ordinary poor man in the street. Such rip offs always encourage piracy and always will and nothing will stop it, so when will they and many other rip off corporate businesses learn their lessons. As I said before halve or drastically reduce their currently rip off True packages prices and they may even more than double their legally paid for subscribers at little or no additional cost to themselves and even end up with more revenue and saving the cost of the need to keep trying to stop piracy which in the long term as past history has shown is impossible.

If you think True is using anything like BluRay level compression your obviously in need of some glasses..

My main reason for downloading torrents is True has so little I wish to watch.. And I like my series timeshifted so I can marathon them.

Once you get used to TV on your schedules, its very hard to go back to broadcast.

Then why did you get so worked up when your dream box stopped working with True?! What could you possibly want to record?! Evidently you are not downloading that much great content...!

Yes you are correct, True's HD channels are not the same standard as Bluray which is the best medium to watch any decent, recent release films on and is also legal!

The original poster is correct in that most "HD" torrent downloads are considerably worse quality than True's HD channels... and we are talking fairly mahoosive files that take an age to download with Thailand's restricted international DL speeds... and are being accessed for the most part through torrent and "sharing" sites acting in an illegal manner.

I think some just like to try to show off their limited technological knowledge making them feel "superior" to more traditional TV viewers... seems a bit egotistical to me, horses for courses... I'm very happy with True, if I can't get access to what I want I will either DL or buy it on Bluray and add to my vault. I am a bit old fashioned that way, I still much prefer to buy content that actually exists in a "physical form"! LPs (yes I still buy vinyl and love it!),CDs, DVDs, Bluray... then I will store it on media server, but you just can't beat that feeling of actually having something to hold! One of the many reasons I hate iTunes and similar, but more so due to the control they then exhibit over you "purchased" content...