Is Pattaya The Most Convenient City In The World?

MrZM

What do you think?

You can walk out your room, there's a taxi waiting for you!

You can walk down the street there's always a 7/11 or family mart to fill your needs!

There's always sunshine!

There's always smiles!

What more do you want out of a city?

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food, sex, and booze is all within earshot here. It's why I love Pattaya so much.

Thailand is my favorite country in the world and Pattaya is my favorite city in Thailand. I've lived here for years and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. As you can see I really love this place.

It's pretty convenient until your local gym closes and the beach is starting to resemble a rubbish tip. I suppose I should just hang out in the bars and massage parlours. whistling.gif

NO resisit the temptation join another gym with a pool.

This is getting old, just another Pattaya bashing post. If you like living in the sticks with very few amenities, your choice. Personally, I like to have decent shopping centres, movie theatres, good medical facilities etc within reach. If I wanted to go bush, I could have moved to Oodnadatta (South Australia).

I think it would be more convenient if there were proper sidewalks as someone else said and you didn't get hassled to buy something, take a taxi, donate money everywhere you go. It gets tiring pretty quickly if you don't like to drive.

• Like 1

If you don't enjoy a bit of nightlife(Pattaya pretty much revolves around this) and the problems that come with it then you're probably better off somewhere else. After all, there are plenty of nicer and more affordable seaside locales you can visit/live. If I wasn't hitting Soi 6 all the time I'd probably be in Vietnam or Bali.

If I wasn't hitting Soi 6 all the time I'd probably be in Vietnam or Bali.

I'm pretty sure they have a "soi 6" in those places, so you have no excuse for staying. smile.png

Edited by Semper

I think the beach road sums up Pattaya nicely.

When I first came to Pattaya the beach side of the road was completely undeveloped, sure there were deck chair operations but all very informal. The beach itself was always a mess and the water was filthy, essentially raw sewage.

The town side of the road was almost entirely vacant, no motor cycle/ car hire businesses camped on sidewalk and virtually no beer bars past what is now the Royal Garden Plaza.

The city has spent a fortune developing the beach road, in development terms the beach side is a huge improvement, the lanscaped pathway is very well done - A great effort by the city council.

Then they abandon it to street walkers and their John's, essentially putting it off limits to the families who Pattaya say they want to attract.

Its not as if there is no other space for prostitution in Pattaya, and to prove ghe point the bars have spread almost the whole length of the beach road (plus large areas throughout Pattaya).

Meanwhile the motorcycle/car hire thugs have taken over much of the otherside of beach road, vendors all over the sidewalks, the whole area fighting over a Baht from the lowest common denominator.

What could be a excellent public space has been handed over to the dregs of the town and the impoted dregs they do business with.

Pattaya is a decent place but it many ways it is treated as a dump by the officials in charge. Clapped out sidewalks, virtually no noise control, yabba heads running around like yabba heads, a grubby beach, scammers run certain businesses etc.

On the plus side for the visitor

7-11s, easy availability of Non-Thai food, movie theaters which show movies in English, variety of accommodations etc.

But the most convenient in the world? I don't think so.

It wins in many ways over Bkk. I just moved to Bkk to try it out. I think I miss Pats. What am I really getting in Bkk that I cannot get in Pats?

Friend of mine did the same. But he argued pats is to noisy, so he moved to bkk cheesy.gif (center)

Edited by JakeBKK

Pattaya is a decent place but it many ways it is treated as a dump by the officials in charge. Clapped out sidewalks, virtually no noise control, yabba heads running around like yabba heads, a grubby beach, scammers run certain businesses etc.

On the plus side for the visitor

7-11s, easy availability of Non-Thai food, movie theaters which show movies in English, variety of accommodations etc.

But the most convenient in the world? I don't think so.

Which major Thai beach resort are you talking about. Being a bit too general here.

“Is Pattaya the most convenient city in the world?”

Strange topic title – world???, However, Pattaya is a very convenient city to live in, just how much more or less convenient than anywhere else in the world – down to each individuals perception of the place I suppose? … just a few thoughts on why I think it is convenient…….

Road access, Rail access, Domestic and international airport proximity – convenient.

Accommodation – from simple budget accommodation to 5 star luxury and everything in between – convenient.

Hospital/medical – from day to day clinic visits to major surgical operations – convenient.

Dental work – an abundance of good and cheap dental practices – convenient.

Cheap public transport – very plentiful – convenient.

Fast food restaurants – hundreds of them – convenient.

7/11, Family Mart, Fresh Mart, Mom n Pop stores – thousands of them – convenient.

Supermarkets – plentiful – convenient.

Wet/outdoor fresh markets – plentiful – convenient.

Seafood restaurants – hundreds of them – convenient.

Indoor entertainment – loads to suit all ages – convenient.

Outdoor entertainment – loads to suit all ages – convenient.

Tourist attractions – scattered far and wide in and around Pattaya – convenient.

Golf courses – Many first class courses within 1 hour of the city – convenient.

Car & Motorbike hire – loads of them – convenient.

Air conditioned cinemas – yes – convenient.

Etc. etc.etc.etc…………………….

And let's not forget the fantastic outlying areas. Heading to the beach in a few to watch the sunset, drink some wine and have some salmon on french bread with creme fraiche. Tough to beat.

• Like 2

“Is Pattaya the most convenient city in the world?”

Strange topic title – world???, However, Pattaya is a very convenient city to live in, just how much more or less convenient than anywhere else in the world – down to each individuals perception of the place I suppose? … just a few thoughts on why I think it is convenient…….

Road access, Rail access, Domestic and international airport proximity – convenient.

Accommodation – from simple budget accommodation to 5 star luxury and everything in between – convenient.

Hospital/medical – from day to day clinic visits to major surgical operations – convenient.

Dental work – an abundance of good and cheap dental practices – convenient.

Cheap public transport – very plentiful – convenient.

Fast food restaurants – hundreds of them – convenient.

7/11, Family Mart, Fresh Mart, Mom n Pop stores – thousands of them – convenient.

Supermarkets – plentiful – convenient.

Wet/outdoor fresh markets – plentiful – convenient.

Seafood restaurants – hundreds of them – convenient.

Indoor entertainment – loads to suit all ages – convenient.

Outdoor entertainment – loads to suit all ages – convenient.

Tourist attractions – scattered far and wide in and around Pattaya – convenient.

Golf courses – Many first class courses within 1 hour of the city – convenient.

Car & Motorbike hire – loads of them – convenient.

Air conditioned cinemas – yes – convenient.

Etc. etc.etc.etc…………………….

And let's not forget the fantastic outlying areas. Heading to the beach in a few to watch the sunset, drink some wine and have some salmon on french bread with creme fraiche. Tough to beat.

The schools LennyW don't forget too: from International ones to public and everything in between - yes- convenient.

• Like 1

If you don't enjoy a bit of nightlife(Pattaya pretty much revolves around this) and the problems that come with it then you're probably better off somewhere else. After all, there are plenty of nicer and more affordable seaside locales you can visit/live. If I wasn't hitting Soi 6 all the time I'd probably be in Vietnam or Bali.

Sounds like you are keeping the clinics busy anyways........we hope.

I guess the OP is not in a wheelchair or he might have a different outlook.

I love Pattaya for many reasons but sex, booze and food is not one of them (although the food choices are pretty good here so.......ok......maybe it is one of the reasons.

The most convenient city in the world is Singapore

My last visit to Pattaya was in 1979. Never been back since. although I have lived in Thailand for over 40 years. Basically there was no work there in the field I was working in. And for some reason I always felt uncomfortable there. I guess I am an Isarn son-in-law through and through, though I dare to say, Isarn is probably the majority language among the Thais in Pattaya.