1 Truevisions Account, But 2 Different Locations?

arkom

Sorry if title is a bit confusing.

In other words we would be subscribing to a Truevisions package and adding an extra receiver, but the extra receiver would be used at different location. On paper it should work and according to representative at a Trueshop it will work, but was wondering if anyone is successfully doing this?

Edited by arkom

Thanks for the reply. According to rep at True said it can be done and but I'm not sure if they really understood my question the different location part.

So guess my real question is if it is legal?

Not sure If this violates rules, if so mods can close it.

Don't see why it wouldn't work fine...as long and the box & subscription card stay together since they are now apparently come paired to each other...trying to just use the subscription card in another box wouldn't work. But whoever's name is on the account is on the hook for the monthly bills and eventually turning in the box come cancellation time and hopefully getting your box deposit refund (unless you bought the box).

Don't think True will ever win a "Company of the year" award but recent dealings with them have been positive.

I have a Gold package and subscribed to HD more than a year ago, primarily for the football.

In April, my HD bill was zero and when I asked why the customer service rep told me "free trial, three months" which I thought was odd but did not push the matter further. Near the end of the three months I phoned and asked the status of my HD subscription and was told it was free for another nine months.

Lo and behold, just days before the big switch over last Sunday, two of the three HD channels were blocked. I phoned and asked True why and was told the three month trial had finished. I explained, a bit tetchily, that I had previously subscribed to HD but had not received a bill since the free trial period ended. She checked and within five minutes my HD access was restored. I now have 17 HD channels for six months and access to some Platinum channels. I am impressed by the picture quality and range of HD channels...True may have retained at least one customer through the move.

Why do you need the service at the second location?

If it's to be used only when you are there (and not permanently, say for a renter) then just carry the one box between the 2 locations as and when you transfer, then you save the cost of the second box.

You'll still need 2 dishes though.

Since the OP used the "we" word, maybe the 2nd receiver is for a friend who lives in a different location, shares the total monthly package cost, and already has a satellite dish...just needs the receiver & subscription card.

Cool, might have to give a try. Fingers crossed they don't somehow find out...tongue.png

Probably already being done at many, many, many locations, espeically in those cases were family/friends live close to each other....like in adjacent apartments.

Since the OP used the "we" word, maybe the 2nd receiver is for a friend who lives in a different location, shares the total monthly package cost, and already has a satellite dish...just needs the receiver & subscription card.

Correct, friend suggested this to me and seemed like a good idea, provided we don't get caught of course.

Edited by arkom

Correct, friend suggested this to me and seemed like a good idea, provided we don't get caught of course.

I haven't seen any police walking around with TrueVisions nametags. Now when the friend's box fails one day and TrueVisions needs to come out and replace it, the box will need to be living at the account address on that day. And just to ensure the box is indeed bad versus your friend's dish/LNB/cable feeding the box being the problem, you would need to check it out at your address first before calling TrueVisions. Make your monthy payments on time and all will be happy.

Edited by Pib