Do You Carry A Weapon?

Of all the people, I can't envisage you being in a fight.

Of course you have never seen me, but even if you had, you'd not be able to know much about me ability. I remember a sifu long ago who had a big beer gut and looked middle-aged. In a bar you'd think he was some out-of-shape hamburger quaffer, but in fact, he was awesomely lethal, if he wanted to be. You just never know.

I don't want to be in a fight; I am too afraid someone will damage my nice teeth.

By the way, your comment is the same I get from people who have never seen me play tennis. neus.gif

I have a friend also who has the, "Don't ever let them be able to come back and get you later" theory of street fighting. However, fighting drunk over a bargirl (for instance) and then pummeling someone to death over it seems excessive to me. I do take the point about swiftness. However, I think there is a difference between a street fight with a mugger on a dark soi and some stupid fight over something trivial. The former I'd hope to keep him in the hospital for a long time, the latter might not need to go so far.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be as pumped up, trained up and "gobby" about it as you like but there will always be someone around who is capable of tanning your backside, or paying someone to do it for them. ( and probably getting away with it )

As we know, It's rather "lawless" here with loads of nutters around so I guess we just have to be rather more cautious than normal. The expression "Live by the sword and die by the sword" seems rather more applicable here than in many places.

Of all the people, I can't envisage you being in a fight.

Of course you have never seen me, but even if you had, you'd not be able to know much about me ability. I remember a sifu long ago who had a big beer gut and looked middle-aged. In a bar you'd think he was some out-of-shape hamburger quaffer, but in fact, he was awesomely lethal, if he wanted to be. You just never know.

I don't want to be in a fight; I am too afraid someone will damage my nice teeth.

By the way, your comment is the same I get from people who have never seen me play tennis. neus.gif

I have a friend also who has the, "Don't ever let them be able to come back and get you later" theory of street fighting. However, fighting drunk over a bargirl (for instance) and then pummeling someone to death over it seems excessive to me. I do take the point about swiftness. However, I think there is a difference between a street fight with a mugger on a dark soi and some stupid fight over something trivial. The former I'd hope to keep him in the hospital for a long time, the latter might not need to go so far.

If the reason for the fight is trivial then you have already lost as you failed to avoid it.

Never ever get in a conflict with a thai just walk away if they lose face they will come and get you without a doubt It may sound stupid but they would rather spend 20 years in jail after killing you than lose face. I have been cut up many times on the roadand as much as I hate it I enjoy my life to much and am not ready for the temple yet " In with anger out with love " !!!!!

You can be as pumped up, trained up and "gobby" about it as you like but there will always be someone around who is capable of tanning your backside, or paying someone to do it for them. ( and probably getting away with it )

As we know, It's rather "lawless" here with loads of nutters around so I guess we just have to be rather more cautious than normal. The expression "Live by the sword and die by the sword" seems rather more applicable here than in many places.

Yep muscle people and well trained people cannot do much alone against a gang of 10

I remember indie Ana jones where the man pulls put. Sword and shows off then indie just calmly shoots the well skilled swords man

Funny and and easy imagine

You need to call the God farther than you have already called him? How far do you need to go? You mean Zao Jun, the kitchen god? Or maybe you mean goddess, as in Yifan Zhang, the cat goddess?

......You don't carry a weapon, but if you did, you would not tell anyone...so there is no way of knowing if you actually do carry a weapon or not without opening you up as in Schrger's BigC...

guitar.gif Deep, very deep....BigC has the quality of both carrying a weapon and not carrying a weapon at the same time.

Yes maybe I carry one maybe I do not maybe I know where u live maybe I don't I might be a mafia man I might not I might be standing behind u I might be sitting in a car outside your house

Anyway I done talking stupid

Some of you are just talking stupid can"t be bothered your remarked are just to get. Re-action out of me

But none of you lot have shown a picture of yourselves with your gun and license paper

The proof is on the piddling not on a website link

There probably is a clause saying forangs can own Guns but it might or might not be a long road before you spend loads money just to robe me wrong

You need to call the God farther than you have already called him? How far do you need to go? You mean Zao Jun, the kitchen god? Or maybe you mean goddess, as in Yifan Zhang, the cat goddess?

......You don't carry a weapon, but if you did, you would not tell anyone...so there is no way of knowing if you actually do carry a weapon or not without opening you up as in Schr?ger's BigC...

guitar.gif Deep, very deep....BigC has the quality of both carrying a weapon and not carrying a weapon at the same time.

Yes maybe I carry one maybe I do not maybe I know where u live maybe I don't I might be a mafia man I might not I might be standing behind u I might be sitting in a car outside your house

Some of you are just talking stupid can"t be bothered your remarked are just to get. Re-action out of me

But none of you lot have shown a picture of yourselves with your gun and license paper

There probably is a clause saying forangs can own Guns but it might or might not be a long road before you spend loads money just to robe me wrong

Unlikely anyone would post information with name and address on an open forum....wanna post photo of your cc?

I am not, I thought obviously, talking about a fight pitting you against 10 men.

And as far as trivial fights, doesn't it seem most are just that? My point is how you think you might fare if you were cornered into an incident of self defense, if running was not an available option or talking your way out of it.

"The proof is on the piddling"...classic!

Edited by insertmembernamehere

I am not, I thought obviously, talking about a fight pitting you against 10 men.

And as far as trivial fights, doesn't it seem most are just that? My point is how you think you might fare if you were cornered into an incident of self defense, if running was not an available option or talking your way out of it.

U never know that behinds the mask of the attacker could be a man eating lizard

Or u might come face to face with Midusa the Greek godess that looks for people like u to make u stoned

It really depends doesn't it...one on one? is it Katoey? Farang or Thai? Drunk or Sober? Is it Buakaw? Is it Klitschko? Is it an ex-SBS lad?

......You don't carry a weapon, but if you did, you would not tell anyone...so there is no way of knowing if you actually do carry a weapon or not without opening you up as in Schr?ger's BigC...

Unlikely anyone would post information with name and address on an open forum....wanna post photo of your cc?

I know it is hitting a brick wall but that is the only way to find truth justice and freedom in this democratic society

They may take the piss out of my posts but they may never take my FREEDOM !

Which is nice )

It really depends doesn't it...one on one? is it Katoey? Farang or Thai? Drunk or Sober? Is it Buakaw? Is it Klitschko? Is it an ex-SBS lad?

Would it be illegal for a forang to own. Thai boxer with no lisence as a weapon if so I would like to order a 9mm thai boxer with 3 belts and 0ber 300 fights with 2 arms and 2 legs

I m sure there is a link somewhere as to forang ownership of people emmmmm

• Like 1

I carry a tank but in my old age I am finding it too heavy to carry

You could always copy some my posts and read them to your attacker you baffle him to death if u read them as I have spelt them

To be totaly honest with ya, I do the same. If I am driving my car and someone is pissing along on a bike holding me up, I make a point of overtaking them quite closely. As submaniac said, its my way of saying "get out of the middle, you are too slow".

Of course I am not saying the OP did this but if he was in the middle, thats why it happened.

If you'd bothered to read what I posted, you'd know where I was in the lane....

So you are saying that to make a point, you will endanger a motorist because they are "pissing along on a bike holding (you) up"? So you clip him "accidentally on purpose" and witnesses come forward pointing to your obvious aggressive and dangerous behavior; you are charged with vehicular manslaughter and probably deported after being found guilty in a civil case, in which you have to pay handsomely.

Nothing personal, but this attitude and behavior seems utterly moronic. Why risk the very real possibly of losing everything you have here (not to mention injuring or killing someone for no reason)? Playing one-sided chicken with a scooter driver because they are not exactly in the part of the road where you think he ought to be? Insane.

Sorry - I didnt read your post properly, my bad.

I didnt word this properly. I dont actualy "shave" them as I overtake. I just make a point of not going very wide when I pass. And I would not do this if driving at 100KMH. Im talking about driving through a small town or something and there is a bloke pottering along bang in the middle of the road. I hate it. Frustrates the hell out of me. Im in no rush and dont need to be in front of him but its the sheer arrogance of someone on a bike, doing 10KMH in the middle of the road with a seemingly "balls to you behind me" attitude that gets me. Its deeplyu frustrating and it happens all the time here.

To be totaly honest with ya, I do the same. If I am driving my car and someone is pissing along on a bike holding me up, I make a point of overtaking them quite closely. As submaniac said, its my way of saying "get out of the middle, you are too slow".

Of course I am not saying the OP did this but if he was in the middle, thats why it happened.

If you'd bothered to read what I posted, you'd know where I was in the lane....

So you are saying that to make a point, you will endanger a motorist because they are "pissing along on a bike holding (you) up"? So you clip him "accidentally on purpose" and witnesses come forward pointing to your obvious aggressive and dangerous behavior; you are charged with vehicular manslaughter and probably deported after being found guilty in a civil case, in which you have to pay handsomely.

Nothing personal, but this attitude and behavior seems utterly moronic. Why risk the very real possibly of losing everything you have here (not to mention injuring or killing someone for no reason)? Playing one-sided chicken with a scooter driver because they are not exactly in the part of the road where you think he ought to be? Insane.

Sorry - I didnt read your post properly, my bad.

I didnt word this properly. I dont actualy "shave" them as I overtake. I just make a point of not going very wide when I pass. And I would not do this if driving at 100KMH. Im talking about driving through a small town or something and there is a bloke pottering along bang in the middle of the road. I hate it. Frustrates the hell out of me. Im in no rush and dont need to be in front of him but its the sheer arrogance of someone on a bike, doing 10KMH in the middle of the road with a seemingly "balls to you behind me" attitude that gets me. Its deeplyu frustrating and it happens all the time here.

I agree with you. On Samui that did have sign indicating Bike's/Motorbikes to ride inside the left hand side white line. The sign's seem to be all gone now maybe to the scrap metal collectors.

I agree with you. On Samui that did have sign indicating Bike's/Motorbikes to ride inside the left hand side white line. The sign's seem to be all gone now maybe to the scrap metal collectors.

I have been here almost seven years and I have never seen such a sign; moreover, I think you are confusing something. Driving on the inside of the white line is not legal. Of course you can pull over or be in the shoulder, but you are not to continually drive there. I think the reason you can't locate any of these signs is that they never existed. There used to be several (I think there is one left somewhere) that said to drive on the left side of the road; maybe this is what you were thinking of.

One thing you might contemplate is the fact that bikes also have a right to use the public roads. It is easy to pass a slower bike without trying to scare the rider or trying to "not go very wide" around them. Would it make you happy if you saw in your rear-view mirror that the old fellow driving slow you'd just slipped by lost control because he thought you were going to clip him?

Here's a sign you might remember:

post-131397-0-26729300-1343389383_thumb.

The Thai says, basically: "Watch out for falling rocks ahead."

I have been here almost seven years and I have never seen such a sign; moreover, I think you are confusing something. Driving on the inside of the white line is not legal. Of course you can pull over or be in the shoulder, but you are not to continually drive there. I think the reason you can't locate any of these signs is that they never existed. There used to be several (I think there is one left somewhere) that said to drive on the left side of the road; maybe this is what you were thinking of.

One thing you might contemplate is the fact that bikes also have a right to use the public roads. It is easy to pass a slower bike without trying to scare the rider or trying to "not go very wide" around them. Would it make you happy if you saw in your rear-view mirror that the old fellow driving slow you'd just slipped by lost control because he thought you were going to clip him?

The sign's existed also motorbikes are supposed to ride on the inside of white line. If you look you will see a white line about 1 meter from the very side of the road.

The sign's existed also motorbikes are supposed to ride on the inside of white line. If you look you will see a white line about 1 meter from the very side of the road.

For sure - 100% correct. You newbies (only 7 years - pah!) will not remember the head honcho asking all bikes on the island to ride between the edge of the road and the white line.

There were signs as well. Unfortunately, the locals decided to use this as a parking lane!. It was about this time that the red/white or black/white painting appeared on kerbs. Black/White was no parking. Red/White was "do not even think of resting here for a second!."

Again, locals looked at this as "Parking for big expensive local trucks only".

There was a bike lane almost all of the way around the island, but bikes got fed up of riding around the parked cars.

Then one of you geezers can dig up a photo and post it.

I am still skeptical. Pushbikes, maybe; motorcycles told to ride in the shoulder? Hmmmm.....

I first started holidaying in Samui in 1999, I traveled around and never recall anything of the sort. I don't recall any other motorbikes riding in the shoulder either. But you can prove me wrong, please.

Then one of you geezers can dig up a photo and post it.

I am still skeptical. Pushbikes, maybe; motorcycles told to ride in the shoulder? Hmmmm.....

I first started holidaying in Samui in 1999, I traveled around and never recall anything of the sort. I don't recall any other motorbikes riding in the shoulder either. But you can prove me wrong, please.

that shoulder is the bike lane ( unoffically or affically.) like i said one thai says one thing another says another. hard to put peices of thepuzzle together but just to stay on topic when u drive in the bike lane u r close to the weapin shop than in the car though on foot is the best way to access a weapon shop.