That Age Difference Question Again

MrHammer

never had an issue with the age gap ones in love.

just stated all along that these ones are rare, then the attacks began.

I believe there rare, many here seem to feel every age gap relationship is golden.

to the happy ones go for it, but i dont feel these good ones are common.

That probably explains why MrHammer's OP (to which he has chipped in only once) has soared to 22 pages of tit-for-tats and personal attacks.

Maybe some of the ones posting here that believe it doesn't make any difference are some of the few that really do have a 'golden' relationship with a much younger partner. And those that claim that such relationships are doomed due to lack of equity, or being based purely on his money and her youth, or his lack of social skills and her poverty, or his ugliness and her ambivalence or anything else beyond love have never personally contemplated, let alone experienced such a relationship much beyond anecdotal tales of older guys losing the plot, or knowing someone who has.

Those that have experienced it and lost the plot should just get over it and refrain from posting assuming their bad luck or poor judgement is universal. It may be par for the Thai course but there's always the chance of a birdie or even a 'golden' eagle.

Anyone out there get an albatross yet?

You say that like you know each and every member here. How do you know what they have experienced and not have?

The thread was about age gap but in the end it's not the issue now is it? It's not about attacking old people, personally I have nothing against it and at some point I as well will get old but that's not what the problem is.

Evidently some of the members here who defend the vast age gap that occurs here in Thailand get the points some of the younger members try to present but afraid of getting an uncomfortable question or a punchline, they make it an age issue to mask their real motives AND that's what got some here angered.

I was referring to the OP and cannot pass judgement on the subsequent squabble whether the older monger uses a different 'mask' to the younger monger. It still boils down to each to his own, live and let live, etc., etc., etc..

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember walking down Soi Cowboy with a client and there was this dude who looks about 90 years old who could barely walk, had a hunch back and was struggling on his walking stick.

A few ladies came to his assistance to help he walk into the bar, everyone was pissing themselves laughing, but what a trooper.

Im sure he was pulling the ladies on his looks and wit.

Ah... the younger man opines again.

biggrin.png

never had an issue with the age gap ones in love.

just stated all along that these ones are rare, then the attacks began.

I believe there rare, many here seem to feel every age gap relationship is golden.

to the happy ones go for it, but i dont feel these good ones are common.

That probably explains why MrHammer's OP (to which he has chipped in only once) has soared to 22 pages of tit-for-tats and personal attacks.

Maybe some of the ones posting here that believe it doesn't make any difference are some of the few that really do have a 'golden' relationship with a much younger partner. And those that claim that such relationships are doomed due to lack of equity, or being based purely on his money and her youth, or his lack of social skills and her poverty, or his ugliness and her ambivalence or anything else beyond love have never personally contemplated, let alone experienced such a relationship much beyond anecdotal tales of older guys losing the plot, or knowing someone who has.

Those that have experienced it and lost the plot should just get over it and refrain from posting assuming their bad luck or poor judgement is universal. It may be par for the Thai course but there's always the chance of a birdie or even a 'golden' eagle.

You say that like you know each and every member here. How do you know what they have experienced and not have?

The thread was about age gap but in the end it's not the issue now is it? It's not about attacking old people, personally I have nothing against it and at some point I as well will get old but that's not what the problem is.

Evidently some of the members here who defend the vast age gap that occurs here in Thailand get the points some of the younger members try to present but afraid of getting an uncomfortable question or a punchline, they make it an age issue to mask their real motives AND that's what got some here angered.

I was referring to the OP and cannot pass judgement on the subsequent squabble whether the older monger uses a different 'mask' to the younger monger. It still boils down to each to his own, live and let live, etc., etc., etc..

According to you rolleyes.gif

I remember walking down Soi Cowboy with a client and there was this dude who looks about 90 years old who could barely walk, had a hunch back and was struggling on his walking stick.

A few ladies came to his assistance to help he walk into the bar, everyone was pissing themselves laughing, but what a trooper.

Im sure he was pulling the ladies on his looks and wit.

Ah... the younger man opines again.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

According to you rolleyes.gif

With regard to the OP, the inappropriate age gap of the foreign male and Thai female couples often seen in Thailand that you don't personally know is an issue for you. I accept that.

Tell you what NanLeaw. I'm off to work but when I get back we can start again if you are up to it. in the mean time beware of younger people they might just get to you. rolleyes.gif

How sweet! My first stalker. And a YOUNG one as well!!!

Tell you what NanLeaw. I'm off to work but when I get back we can start again if you are up to it. in the mean time beware of younger people they might just get to you. rolleyes.gif

How sweet! My first stalker. And a YOUNG one as well!!!

Don't get any ideas now laugh.png ... and I'm off...

The best thing about this thread is that we are able to debate, compare and do so on a public forum without being sectioned as a dirty old man and worse and shouted down by the " your old enough to be her father brigade " wherever your homeland is.

Now imagine how pissed off they,d really be when having to put a GRAND in front of the father, seeing the contentment on our faces, still being fussed about and made to feel wanted by sooo many younger ladies. rolleyes.gif

There,s 20 years between my wife and myself..she gets older..I feel like i,m getting younger and while I,m looking at 69 on my next birthday, have the desire to live life and flit back and forth for many more years to come, thanks to the age tolerances of Thailand.

Going home really is an eye opener on what an older gentleman can expect from what is left of his life.............not a lot am sadddened to say for the majority apart from being made to feel like a 69 year old going on 80.

marshbags smile.png

If she,s legal, who cares about the age difference, so long as you are happy with your circumstances that is all that counts. thumbsup.gif

Agree with Marshbags. And as for the " your old enough to be her father brigade ", yes I am older than her father. And so much happier now than when I lived in Europe seeing all the overweight women with their angry faces there. Oh, and my wife will be half my age in three years so she is getting older. tongue.png

• Like 1

The best thing about this thread is that we are able to debate, compare and do so on a public forum without being sectioned as a dirty old man and worse and shouted down by the " your old enough to be her father brigade " wherever your homeland is.

Now imagine how pissed off they,d really be when having to put a GRAND in front of the father, seeing the contentment on our faces, still being fussed about and made to feel wanted by sooo many younger ladies. rolleyes.gif

There,s 20 years between my wife and myself..she gets older..I feel like i,m getting younger and while I,m looking at 69 on my next birthday, have the desire to live life and flit back and forth for many more years to come, thanks to the age tolerances of Thailand.

Going home really is an eye opener on what an older gentleman can expect from what is left of his life.............not a lot am sadddened to say for the majority apart from being made to feel like a 69 year old going on 80.

marshbags smile.png

If she,s legal, who cares about the age difference, so long as you are happy with your circumstances that is all that counts. thumbsup.gif

Agree with Marshbags. And as for the " your old enough to be her father brigade ", yes I am older than her father. And so much happier now than when I lived in Europe seeing all the overweight women with their angry faces there. Oh, and my wife will be half my age in three years so she is getting older. tongue.png

Of course I have never come across overweight angry faced farang males in Thailand!

I have seen my fair share of lard <deleted> on the male form in SEA.

Blimey this post has gone on for a while!! For what its worth and its been said before, a lot of it depends on how you look after yourself, personally, I've never gone for young girls in the past, although I'm with one now!! However I do look after myself. I'm 53 cycle to work every day, still compete in motorcross events (and kick the asses of many much younger riders) still do track days on my sportsbike ( and kick the asses of many much younger riders) go running, go weight training and like walking etc etc. so although my GF probably likes the financial security I can offer, and who could blame her, I'd like to think that she sees a little more in me than that!! I don't have any children so if she wants to stay with me until I pop my clogs, as long as she looks after me then she can have it when I'm gone......who cares!

Youngsters never get to folk who have been there and done that. Don't kid yourself cos you really don't know who you are talking too. smile.png

Youngsters never get to folk who have been there and done that. Don't kid yourself cos you really don't know who you are talking too. smile.png

Easy Tonto! That's my very own, personal, YOUNG stalker you're talking to. Get your own!

Easy Tonto! That's my very own, personal, YOUNG stalker you're talking to. Get your own!

http://www.thaivisa....00#entry5511125

Ooooh, spoilsport. ermm.giftongue.png

My Mrs is half the age of me but I think it doesn't really is a problem.

In and around our village we had 6 marriages over the past 12 month.

1) Lady is 18 and husband was 38 (both are Thai /Sinsod 300,000 and 6 Baht Gold)

2) Lady is 35 and husband is 62 (both are Thai / Sinsod 150,000 and 1 Baht Gold)

3) Lady is 18 and husband is 19 (Both Thai - married due to pregnancy / No SInsod)

4) Lady is 17 and husband is 25 (Both Thai and married due to pregnancy / No Sinsod)

5) Lady is 59 and husband is 72 (Both are Thai / No Sinsod but the husband owns a lot of land)

6) Lady is 21 and husband (Farang) is 42 / Sinsod 250,000 but the bar girl took his money and he returned to Europe on my suggestions)

From my experience, Thai Ladies do like a long-term relationship to be linked on security but the same works for Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore etc because someone has to pay the bills for raising kids etc.

I think we have to differentiate between prostitutes and Thai farangs that are married to good Thai woman's. I know of many Thai's that are married to farangs and the relationships are in good health in all age groups. The relationships that seems to fail are the relationships with Farangs that find their wife's in Pattaya, Nana, Cowboy etc.

Most of those relationship will fail in no time but the 20+ farangs I know in Sakon Nakhon are not married to prostitutes and they are not rich either and live on pensions but their wives are very caring.

Well, it's been four long hours since the last post ...

More then a few members here with a long posting records are potentially seeing their reputations built up over the years is slowly being eaten away.

So, could I warmly suggest something here?

Maybe give it a rest for a wee bit.

There has been a dearth of interesting subjects to discuss of late.

Maybe focus your energies into debating other topics.

Better still ... start a new thread.

Who knows ... we may learn something new with your unique perspective.

Just saying like ...

I am amazed at some of the remarks that some of the more active members in previous topics are making now.

I also feel their reputations are no longer what they were, a couple in particular who I used to always read up on, sadly I will no longer see them in a respectful manner.

Sadder still, they probably DGA <deleted> or even care.

Reputations earned over many posts and in some cases years, lost in the short time this thread has been opened and have now gone,

A few more than you and I David, must also feel the same going on the amount who have stopped participating.

marshbags mellow.png

P.S.

Many of us make the odd comment we probably shouldn,t have, especially considering the amount of input we make.

I have suspended myself a couple of times to rethink and adjust my mindset, also as you wisely suggest, perhaps those doing so on this thread, would be wise to do likewise before they really go to far with their insulting and often disrespectful posts.

I do not mean from a moderating point of view and I am not trying to break forum rules, it,s more personal to many of our members, who have wives and families, myself included.

Edited by marshbags

Well, it's been four long hours since the last post ...

More then a few members here with a long posting records are potentially seeing their reputations built up over the years is slowly being eaten away.

So, could I warmly suggest something here?

Maybe give it a rest for a wee bit.

There has been a dearth of interesting subjects to discuss of late.

Maybe focus your energies into debating other topics.

Better still ... start a new thread.

Who knows ... we may learn something new with your unique perspective.

Just saying like ...

I am amazed at some of the remarks that some of the more active members ( as in previous topics ) are making.

I also feel their reputations are no longer what they were ( IMHO ) a couple in particular who I used to always read up on, sadly I will no longer see them in a respectful manner.

Sadder still, they probably DGA <deleted> or even care.

Reputations earned over many posts and in some cases yearslost in the short time this thread has been opened, have now gone forever.

A few more than you and I David, must also feel the same.

marshbags mellow.png

P.S.

Many of us make the odd comment we probably shouldn,t have, especially considering the amount of input we make.

I have suspended myself a couple of times to rethink and adjust my mindset, also as you wisely suggest, perhaps those doing so on this thread, would be wise to do likewise before they really go to far with their insulting and often disrespectful posts.

I do not mean from a moderating point of view and I am not trying to break forum rules, it,s more personal to many of our members, who have families, myself included.

I've had that feeling myself before, when I've observed someone use very good arguments to address a subject, or someone else's self deception, sat back and admired the ability to make a coherent argument that exposes the self deception and then not been so happy when their attention turned on something I myself have said.

But, when the emotions of the irk pass and I look again at the logic of the argument I usually come around to the argument against the idea as far superior to the argument against the person.

Not having been a member of this forum for that long, just over a year, I never expected to find such vitriol from some younger members towards the oldies. Some of the comments in this thread have been particularly vindictive and hateful towards the older members and I'm really at a loss to understand why. Yes, I admit I was caught up in it a bit myself, but it was in a position of defence, not attack.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

To recap, the core of my argument has two parts.

1. The existence of inequity and and a financial imperative - and where that leads
  2. The most dangerous lies of all (The lies we tell ourselves)

Forgive the numbered bullet points, I've had 'feedback' from some who struggle with compound sentences.

• Like 2

Not having been a member of this forum for that long, just over a year, I never expected to find such vitriol from some younger members towards the oldies. Some of the comments in this thread have been particularly vindictive and hateful towards the older members and I'm really at a loss to understand why. Yes, I admit I was caught up in it a bit myself, but it was in a position of defence, not attack.

It's partly envy, partly insecurity.

The average Western man has about 5 women in his lifetime. Not including hookers.

5 women. That's all he knows. For most of them it is tremendously difficult to get into some panty. And when he reaches his goal, it's often nothing to be proud of.

Watch the young farang guys in Bangkok. Most of them have girlfriends of the lower Nana class. The same girls who shagged a 70 year old a few weeks ago.

Those people with all their failures and difficulties just cannot imagine that an old man / young woman relationship can be without money. The only thing they can imagine: "he bought her".

Because that's the only way they could get a young p*ssy.

And that explains the bitterness and bigotry we see here from some members.

"So whats your opinion on a 70 year old farang marrying a fifty year old Thai lady. ?

Twenty year gap."

Only if she can still fit into a University uniform, and look good.

Be sensible please, just once. rolleyes.gif
  • Like 1

It's partly envy, partly insecurity.

The average Western man has about 5 women in his lifetime. Not including hookers.

5 women. That's all he knows. For most of them it is tremendously difficult to get into some panty. And when he reaches his goal, it's often nothing to be proud of.

Watch the young farang guys in Bangkok. Most of them have girlfriends of the lower Nana class. The same girls who shagged a 70 year old a few weeks ago.

Those people with all their failures and difficulties just cannot imagine that an old man / young woman relationship can be without money. The only thing they can imagine: "he bought her".

Because that's the only way they could get a young p*ssy.

And that explains the bitterness and bigotry we see here from some members.

Incase anyone is under the misunderstanding that there is a oneway bitterness here.

• Like 1

Define youngster... and yes I'm NanLeaw's personal stalker from now on....

Maybe because you read too much between the lines. It's not your age some members are attacking but then if you really could read, you would know that.