That Age Difference Question Again

MrHammer

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thai girls are obsessed with thai dramas, these programs play to there fantasy's.

why are there no old farang in these shows.

Please tell me why they are always filmed in a ''palace'' and not in the average Thai house ? Please rolleyes.gif

There's northern ones on the other channel in little houses. It's just like Coronation Street.

So we ought to ask is there a significance in old foreigners seeking relationships with very much younger Thai women in which inequity AND a financial imperative act in their favour and if so what is the significance and what does it say about the people who seek these forms of relationship?

Edited by GuestHouse
  • Like 1

Lovely day here in the UK, time to turn the pedals for a few kilometers and catch a bit of sun,smile.png

Enjoy the sun. You don't get much. thumbsup.gif Plenty on my bike ride along the sea this morning just as there is everyday.

Being pussy whipped has it's benefits. smile.png

I don't care what age difference a couple has, as long as it's legal.

I'd add as long as the younger person has the intelligence to understand what they are getting into and isn't coerced, but basically what you said.

Some people must have too much spare time to be worrying about age differences.

So we ought to ask is there a significance in old foreigners seeking relationships with very much younger Thai women in which inequity AND a financial imperative act in their favour and if so what is the significance and what does it say about the people who seek these forms of relationship?

I don't understand your statement. Are you saying that old western men should come to Thailand to go out with wrinkly old Thai women, rather than lovely younger ones?

And, given your inclusion of the word "old" in reference to "foreigners", is it OK if YOUNG foreigners go out with the same Thai women that you are concerned about?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

This is all crazy talk. Someone tell me, an old guy like me, a senior, still produces the stuff to keep civilization going, and if it is not given away ends up me with a stiffy every morning. whistling.gif . What is your solution or are us oldies abnormal in your eyes. ????

im 52 and the wife is 27, together 7 years baby due in sept, very very happy,

so what you think about age diff is shhhite

I only hope you have a good pension scheme set up, when the kid is eighteen you will be looking at retirement. Making no comment on the age difference by the way, that is entirely up to the individuals involved and for me is not a subject for discussion, only the late fatherhood would be a bit of a worry for me. Hope all goes well in September.

I have an aquaintance who is 74 who has fathered two children in the last 3 years. He is living on about 300 baht a day for 5 people, (his wife had a son previously), because his UK pension is so small. This is just utter madness, he will never see his children grow up, nor does he have the means to support them properly and he is the only falang living in a small village. Is he happy? He is miserable as hell but can't see any way out.

Perhaps a vasectomy after the first one would have been a good idea ( and even better if done before the first ). Just my opinion.

I only hope you have a good pension scheme set up, when the kid is eighteen you will be looking at retirement. Making no comment on the age difference by the way, that is entirely up to the individuals involved and for me is not a subject for discussion, only the late fatherhood would be a bit of a worry for me. Hope all goes well in September.

I have an aquaintance who is 74 who has fathered two children in the last 3 years. He is living on about 300 baht a day for 5 people, (his wife had a son previously), because his UK pension is so small. This is just utter madness, he will never see his children grow up, nor does he have the means to support them properly and he is the only falang living in a small village. Is he happy? He is miserable as hell but can't see any way out.

Perhaps a vasectomy after the first one would have been a good idea ( and even better if done before the first ). Just my opinion.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. All too late now.

thai girls are obsessed with thai dramas, these programs play to there fantasy's.

I agree that there are not many old white guys on Thai soaps but there are not many young ones either.

I assume this is due to a lack of handsome white actors (of any age) who live in Thailand and speak Thai fluently.

By the way, what is your point?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I agree that there are not many old white guys on Thai soaps but there are not many young ones either.

I assume this is due to a lack of handsome white actors (of any age) who live in Thailand and speak Thai fluently.

By the way, what is your point?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

He has no point other than trying to put the old guys in Thailand down. It appears to be his mission in life.

I don't understand your statement. Are you saying that old western men should come to Thailand to go out with wrinkly old Thai women, rather than lovely younger ones?

And, given your inclusion of the word "old" in reference to "foreigners", is it OK if YOUNG foreigners go out with the same Thai women that you are concerned about?

You need to read a bit further back.

I'm not saying the motives of these old men are unfathomable, I've explained the existence of inequity and financial imperatives, I'm asking why are these guys seeking these kinds of relationships and if, as they claim, they are genuinely attractive to younger women, why do they need to travel to the third world to find young women to hang on their arm?

As for the behaviour of young foreign men in Thailand, that would surely be another thread, unless I read the OP wrongly.

With inequity and the financial imperative on his side why should he bother with a vasectomy - do you now see where I'm going?!

I'm not saying the motives of these old men are unfathomable, I've explained the existence of inequity and financial imperatives, I'm asking why are these guys seeking these kinds of relationships and if, as they claim, they are genuinely attractive to younger women, why do they need to travel to the third world to find young women to hang on their arm?

As for the behaviour of young foreign men in Thailand, that would surely be another thread, unless I read the OP wrongly.

Where do you get this from? "as they claim, they are genuinely attractive to younger women" Who is this they?

Edited by giddyup

Men are men, your word old is a bit off, older yes, but men are still men if their bits still work. Every ones life book takes different directions and for sure we only live once, no 84 virgins for me when l pop off cos l will not kill the innocent, Sooooooooooo, for most it's do your stuff whilst here eh. smile.png

Lovely day here in the UK, time to turn the pedals for a few kilometers and catch a bit of sun,smile.png

Yep, enjoy your bike ride, I understand its a tad to hot in the kitchen for you.

Home made king prawn and smoked salmon salad today.......no heat....smile.png

It's not the years, it's what's between the ears, If the click and chemistry is there, years are just a number.

"Who's Your Daddy" some seek and want an older man, more settled, sensible, this is seldom found.

It's out there, far and few between and mostly a dream.

Chemistry and mutual love, not one sided, blind lust, which most, get hooked on.

• Like 1

It's not the years, it's what's between the ears, If the click and chemistry is there, years are just a number.

"Who's Your Daddy" some seek and want an older man, more settled, sensible, this is seldom found.

It's out there, far and few between and mostly a dream.

Chemistry and mutual love, not one sided, blind lust, which most, get hooked on.

Blind lust...those Thai women have no shame......one might think they could try and control it.....

This is all crazy talk. Someone tell me, an old guy like me, a senior, still produces the stuff to keep civilization going, and if it is not given away ends up me with a stiffy every morning. whistling.gif . What is your solution or are us oldies abnormal in your eyes. ????

Makes you wonder what the young guys are going to do once they get old.

Are they gonna stick with their similarly old wife or trade her in for a younger one?

Makes you wonder what the young guys are going to do once they get old.

Are they gonna stick with their similarly old wife or trade her in for a younger one?

Usually the older lady buggers off cos her man still has a stiffy, what does the guy do. whistling.gif

I don't see them much, not having a wife who is obsessed with Thai dramas; but I don't recall seeing any young farangs much either, particularly not young farang pro fighters or even farang body builders. Why might that be? Edited by pastitche

If all the old codgers come to Thailand to get a young wife/gf that they would have no hope of getting in their own country, please tell me why the young guys come here? The fact of the matter is that most of you are here for exactly the same reason. The difference is us old guys are restricted because of our age in our own countries, what's the young guys excuse? Let me guess, lack of social skills, ugly as a hatful, dumb as a post? Judging by the young guys responses to some of these posts, it's pretty obvious that at least two out of those three apply.

You got it backwards.... the reason the old folks don't take their barely legal girls back home is because there are consequences for that and they wouldn't be looked upon as idols as they think they are in Thailand. I think lack of social skills is what brings that kind of delusional group of men here in the first place. Because back home some of the things the men do to the women here would be considered barbaric and close to slavery, but here well money talks more than honoring the basic humanitarian principals. So whatever illusion you have built up, dream on, because by the time the middle class has reached its peak, people with that archaic thinking will just be a memory.

• Like 1

I'll never deny my attraction for young beautiful Thai ladies. I also admit that I have probably had more than my fair share of them. That admitted to, my problem is that I hate to live alone and I was looking for a Thai wife. None of the arm candy lovely young girls was suitable for a mate. I like to think that I was smart enough to not have married any of them even though I lived with a number of them. At some point logic kicks in and you come to the conclusion that these young ladies are looking for a meal ticket and not a long term mate. Who can really blame them for trying to hook a sugar daddy.

Edited by Gary A
  • Like 2