Empty Beer Bottles?

CMweb

I love beer, but what can I do with the empty bottles? Is there no place that collects them and give you “deposit” back (if there is one)

My storage room needs a clean up biggrin.png

put them almost anywhere and someone more needy than you will collect them.

Agreed. If you live in a moo bahn that has street cleaners, just ask them and will probably be happy to take them away. We don't have beer bottles but a lot of plastic bottles from water, etc. build up and my wife talked to the street cleaner ladies and they were happy to pick them up, they even supplied us with a large mesh bag to put them in to make it easier for them.. My wife feels they make so little that some extra money for them from them selling them is a good thing.

• Like 1

Strange the beer companies don't ask them back, they could save allot of money. Anyway thanks for the tip, I will give them to the rubbish collectors or street clean ladies.

@smockie36, a beer after a long office day is always good. I go only out on weekends, no time under

• Like 1

What I saw many times you do not need to bring all empty bottles, papers, plastic bottle,... to the shop, there are also many peoples go around to find a customer who want to sell all recycleable things and that can save your cost of benzine and time.

What I saw many times you do not need to bring all empty bottles, papers, plastic bottle,... to the shop, there are also many peoples go around to find a customer who want to sell all recycleable things and that can save your cost of benzine and time.

Anything I don't want is just bagged and left outside te main gate of the house.

In the morning it is always gone. I've even left a table and chairs.

(NOT garbage)

Edited by uptheos

We leave everything that might be recycled in an open bag near the trash chute in our condo building. The stuff always disappears. Perhaps we help by rinsing everything before setting it out -- empty bottles (glass and plastic), yogurt containers, cardboard, newspapers. We don't set out empty cans because our can opener doesn't leave a smooth edge and I don't want anyone to be injured on the edge of the can.

When we lived on a soi, we did the same thing until finally our across-the-street neighbor asked if we'd be so kind as to hide the bag behind a potted plant next to her front door. Turns out she was waiting up every evening for us to take out the trash, just to be the first to grab the goodie bag!

• Like 1

Strange the beer companies don't ask them back, they could save allot of money. Anyway thanks for the tip, I will give them to the rubbish collectors or street clean ladies.

@smockie36, a beer after a long office day is always good. I go only out on weekends, no time under

The Beer companies do get them back via the recycling merchants who will pay you 1 Baht per bottle and 10 Baht for a good condition box. A Beer can will get you 50 Satang.

put them almost anywhere and someone more needy than you will collect them.

Agreed. If you live in a moo bahn that has street cleaners, just ask them and will probably be happy to take them away. We don't have beer bottles but a lot of plastic bottles from water, etc. build up and my wife talked to the street cleaner ladies and they were happy to pick them up, they even supplied us with a large mesh bag to put them in to make it easier for them.. My wife feels they make so little that some extra money for them from them selling them is a good thing.

It just goes to show you how little a lot of the Thai's make. We recycle every thing we can. My wife takes it over to her mother. She only gets 5 baht a kilo for Plastic bottles. Mostly Pepsi Max.

The point is to a lot of these people that is good money. I believe if you save your papers they have a value pop cans to but for some reason the wife just throws away the empty jars. She picks up any beer bottle left around the condo and gives them to her mother.

The Beer companies do get them back via the recycling merchants who will pay you 1 Baht per bottle and 10 Baht for a good condition box. A Beer can will get you 50 Satang.

Who will pay you 1 Baht/bottle and 10 Baht for a box? blink.png

pop cans to but for some reason the wife just throws away the empty jars.

Curiously, the same with mine. Before I was tossing the cans in the trash as I didn't know if they would be picked up but when my wife started removing them for recycling I now leave them out. And as your wife, she just throws the empty jars away. Is there no glass container recycling done?

In our village I leave them for the mother inlaw. I put in box and carry to shed. She gets 7 baht per box of long necks. (that is big bottlles). The recyler comes to the village. Money for jam for her. Then after she gets the money she gives my stepdaugter some of it. A good result

Most towns/village have a place that will buy all your crap. I fill the truck up once a month and sell it, which buys a few beers. thumbsup.gif

I do the same. smile.png

+2 but i dont have a pickup. i fill the the boot of the vios with leo bottles and the rear seat full with plastic bottles in bags....then usualy spend the money on getting the car cleaned inside and out...enough is left over for a couple of beersburp.gif Edited by tingtongfarang

Anything I don't want is just bagged and left outside te main gate of the house. In the morning it is always gone. I've even left a table and chairs.

That works for me too. Beer bottles, card, plastic, toys that I don't play with anymore.... ;-)

I figure someone makes a few Baht and I get rid of it all with a clear conscience knowing it will all be reused/recycled. thumbsup.gif

Don't know about bottles, but the maid gets the cans. I used to drink Singha and she suggested I should switch to Leo: She'll get more for the cans. Now I drink Heineken but don't know what she thinks about that. Anyway, my point is that apparently the different brands pay different recycling return prices.

Number of people come around every month is our Village collecting all sorts of things...

Pickup pays 6 baht for a box of 12, the man on a 3 wheel motorbike pays 10 baht. after the floods every one collecting was paying 20 baht for a box of 12 empties.

So guess they were refilled.

Have a big bin outside all the plastic bottles [Pepsi Max, Oil bottles etc] go in this, someone collects them and leaves money in the empty bin.... also some pickups collect and pay for old clothes, old non working electric items, you get paid more if you can show item is working.

Edited by ignis

Semper; Wifey goes to one of about three different recycle merchants on 108 between Hang Dong and Sanpatong, apparently depending on who's paying the best rates at the time. She's recycle crazy and I just collect the stuff and keep it sorted for her. She tells me different rates every time she returns.

Wongpanit is the bigest recycle company in Thailand and they have many provinces/branches (franchise)around Thailand, also shop on the road Nr. 108 Sanpatong.

http://www.rrrkh.ait.ac.th/corporate_Initiatives_files/pdf/Wongpanit.pdf

The price of recycle garbage is change everyday; below is the price (in Thai)on 21 July at Pitsanulok branch.

http://www.wongpanit.com/wpnnew/images/1342929844.pdf

This is the price in English:

http://www.wongpanit.com/wpnnew/eng/index.php

and info..

http://www.rrrkh.ait.ac.th/corporate_Initiatives_files/pdf/Wongpanit.pdf

• Like 1

@cmbe, nice find, but what are this prices, per 1 Kg, 1000 Kg or?

In general, buying/selling for recycling bargage shop: papar - per Kg./ton

bottle - per piece/ per box (12 large bottles a box / 24 small bottles a box)

can - per Kg.

metal/aluminium - per Kg.

plastic/pvc - per Kg.

most of thing buy/sell per Kg. included broken bottles, per piece/box only for beer bottle/fish sauce bottle and other kind of bottles.

I've got a relative who I take all my recyclables to and he does get more money for a 12 matching beer beer bottles in the matching box (i.e, Chang beer bottles in a matching Chang box) than if selling the bottles and cardboard separately or bottles/cases all mixed up. I don't know how much more, but he told me before he does get more....if I remember I will ask him how much more next time I see him. I guess the beer companies pay more when they can recover matching bottles and good condition boxes as they would spend less money in sorting bottles, making new boxes, etc.