Holiday Inn Lunch Buffet

LawrenceChee

Like most hotel lunch buffett

There buffets have gone down hill...especially Thanksgiving......cold entrees and poor quality.

Not only Holiday inn most buffets have gone down hill. I can remember when the Grand View buffet was worth a visit as was The Empress. But not nowadays

• Like 1

Like most hotel lunch buffett

There buffets have gone down hill...especially Thanksgiving......cold entrees and poor quality.

Not only Holiday inn most buffets have gone down hill. I can remember when the Grand View buffet was worth a visit as was The Empress. But not nowadays

Rather than raise the price to keep up with inflation they just lower the quality.

I had to laugh at the one about the Grand View. I know several people who swear by it. They have been going there a long time ad have not noticed the decline in value.

I have been there four times. The first was two years ago and I thought it was indeed a good value. The next time it was OK Two weeks ago I went again and was underwhelmed. Not the same but the friends who have been going there for a long time can not see the difference because it has been gradual.

May i ask if any member could mention what is the main foods at the buffet please? (looked online briefly, but not really any info)

Do they have cheeses? (likely not with that price tag i imagine!)

What kinds of meat/fish etc..?

Thank you!

The Sunday buffet at Holiday Inn is superb. I have never been dissapointed. They did have fresh water prawns instead of salt water last time I went, but the rest was superb still.

The weekday lunch has never been good in my opinion. I also don't see how people recommend Grande View. I have always thought it to be sub par. However for its low price in the past it was relatively good for the value.

My dissapointment is with Shangrila. I used to love it. There prices used to be 295 now almost 400 and the quality, selection, and service has declined greatly. I do like the atmosphere though so we do occassionally go there but not 2 times a week like I used to 3-4 years ago.

I used to go to the Grand View about once a month maybe over a year ago. Just happened to go last week. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was even better now than a year ago. I'll be going probably once a month at least (at least for a while).

I used to go to the Grand View about once a month maybe over a year ago. Just happened to go last week. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was even better now than a year ago. I'll be going probably once a month at least (at least for a while).

That's nice to hear - is it still around 150 baht?

Like Ulysses G, I'd much rather pay a bit more for less food of better quality. But from what I hear through the grapevine, most hotels have experimented with different pricing schemes and quality levels, and end up with a low cost, lots of food model. I think that's what the local market demands. That, and some sort of seafood. No seafood = dead.

When was it four seasons? I have been here for 12 years and it wasn't four seasons during that time. It was Westin (got married there) Then it was Sheraton and then finally Holiday (which I hated the change to the facade). I always thought the old marble tiles were quite nice.

What is good about grandview? Their Thai food is awful, and having some sliced deli meat with some brick a brack wouldn't constitute a buffet where I come from. There selection is limited to say the least. But then again a lot of the posters here like the Empress buffet. I really think that people don't have taste buds above 2 star expectations. Which is probably a blessing, but I expect higher quality when I eat out. It just isn't worth it for me to spend 5 times what I spent at home for lesser quality.

Yes, I believe it's still 150 baht, but the bill comes to 169 baht. Probably because they now give you bottled water and then maybe the 7% VAT. Didn't look at the bill, just paid it.

Yes, I believe it's still 150 baht, but the bill comes to 169 baht. Probably because they now give you bottled water and then maybe the 7% VAT. Didn't look at the bill, just paid it.

Well, if you feel the food was good at 169 Baht it's cheap for a buffet.

Edited by uptheos

I've never been charged more than 159 Baht even with bottled water. You can decline the bottled water and get water by the deserts.

Edited by elektrified

When was it four seasons? I have been here for 12 years and it wasn't four seasons during that time. It was Westin (got married there) Then it was Sheraton and then finally Holiday (which I hated the change to the facade). I always thought the old marble tiles were quite nice.

What is good about grandview? Their Thai food is awful, and having some sliced deli meat with some brick a brack wouldn't constitute a buffet where I come from. There selection is limited to say the least. But then again a lot of the posters here like the Empress buffet. I really think that people don't have taste buds above 2 star expectations. Which is probably a blessing, but I expect higher quality when I eat out. It just isn't worth it for me to spend 5 times what I spent at home for lesser quality.

I go to the Grand View often; almost always with Thais. They all love the Thai food (and Western food) there. Never met one who didn't.

Hubby and I eat at the Grandview buffet at least once per week -- but never together.

We're there mainly to socialize and it's a great place for that -- aircon, nice atomosphere, attentive staff.

The stuff we like would probably never otherwise be mentioned in a TV thread. Hubby tells me he drink coffe, huge amounts, while chatting with his friends. At approx, 160 baht per meal (with coffee included) it doesn't take many cups of coffee to justify the price.

Me -- I like their salad and cooked veggie selection. OK -- we're not talking major league salad bar here, but they do pretty darn good. So, I can fill my plate up with a huge amount of low-cal stuff and spend a couple hours picking at it while I talk with my friends. Then I can finish with their little mini-desserts. Right now they have a small serving of mango-and-sticky-rice on the dessert buffet which would please even my Weight Watchers leader back in the home country.

I used to love the Holiday Inn buffet back when it was the Four Seasons. It was 150 baht every day and almost on par with the 600 baht Sunday buffet today. Ah, the good old days. tongue.png

My experience is that if people who talk about the good old days could remember all of them they would remember people talking about the good old days.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well it can be said that my taste buds are probably 2 star but I no longer find the Grand View that good. You are right about the sliced lunch meat. I think you give it to much credit calling it Deli meat.

As for quality of the food I believe what Dave at Dukes says. He says your taste buds might not recognize the quality but your body will.

Just out of curiosity where do you go that costs you 5 times as much as it does back home where ever that is.

I was not impressed by the 230 lunch buffet and it was 200 baht when I went. I have no interest in unlimited food of low quality. I rather get better quality with less food some where else.

Agreed.

It's been a while since I went to the Sunday buffet but I was generally happy with the quality of most of the food but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

The Sunday buffet at Holiday Inn is superb. I have never been dissapointed. They did have fresh water prawns instead of salt water last time I went, but the rest was superb still.

The weekday lunch has never been good in my opinion. I also don't see how people recommend Grande View. I have always thought it to be sub par. However for its low price in the past it was relatively good for the value.

My dissapointment is with Shangrila. I used to love it. There prices used to be 295 now almost 400 and the quality, selection, and service has declined greatly. I do like the atmosphere though so we do occassionally go there but not 2 times a week like I used to 3-4 years ago.

I agree about the Holiday Inn sunday lunch. Was thinking of going to Shangri La - can you please suggest how it might compare with Holiday Inn in terms of quality not quantity?

Been there today and have to say for 230baht nett , it's worth the price

Selections - Best described as mini versions of everything. They don't haw any clear winner but from variety you will not complain for the price paid

Selections Available :

Sushi & Fried Appetizers

Salad with usual dressings

Roasted Pork & Chicken with noodles

Hot Entrees - 8 Usual Thai Ones

Curry Section

Pasta Live Station

Dessert @ Fruits @ Ice Cream

Live Coffee Station & Syrup Drinks

Breads

For 8 USD per head, this is great and the restaurant is a great place to while the afternoon away...I work on the hotel trade and this is not the Ritz with the price paid... its value for money

Enjoy.

Been there today and have to say for 230baht nett , it's worth the price

Selections - Best described as mini versions of everything. They don't haw any clear winner but from variety you will not complain for the price paid

Selections Available :

Sushi & Fried Appetizers

Salad with usual dressings

Roasted Pork & Chicken with noodles

Hot Entrees - 8 Usual Thai Ones

Curry Section

Pasta Live Station

Dessert @ Fruits @ Ice Cream

Live Coffee Station & Syrup Drinks

Breads

For 8 USD per head, this is great and the restaurant is a great place to while the afternoon away...I work on the hotel trade and this is not the Ritz with the price paid... its value for money

Enjoy.

Yes,it's good value,was there last week. Along with a few other places that are at the lower end of the price scale, it's where we often take guests and no adverse responses yet!

I am guessing most of the knockers have never been there which is often the case with many posters on TV, just have the need to make negative comments about most things.