True Visions, Do They Have A Brain?

msg362

Wanted to see the show introducing the Olympics, supposed to be amazing. Could not watch the F1 race as they had cancelled it without warning so I tuned in in great anticipation to the True Visions notion of "Highlights"! Not one bit of the show, no fireworks, dancing anything, just one hour of the athletes walking in then it stopped abruptly before the flame was lit. Boring?

I've just watched the full download from the BBC ( didn't watch the athletes again!!). Just an amazing spectacle,I've never seen anything like it and well worth watching even if you are not a Brit!. How True Visions can manage to c0k up such a wonderful event is beyond my ken.

Now waiting to see how they manage to ruin the Hungarian F1 tonight. Ah well, only 1450 Baht month, mai pen rai.

Not wanting to defend True Visions, but do not understand what 'race' you missed, it was only qualifying yesterday. It was due to be on ESPN, a channel which True buy in, so your complaint should be made to STAR/ESPN not True. Also it was shown on ESPN HD, I believe. As far as the re-run of the opening ceremony what channel were you using to watch, one of Trues own channels or a bought in one.

That said I also watched it from BBC iplayer this morning, in HD, and thought it was very good.

I'm asleep then!

As I usually am,but seeing as the Olympic Games is every 4 years and I didn't have to go to work in the morning,I thought it would be memorable to watch it live and being 6 hours in front of GMT i had no option than to wake up at 3 am,seems it has proved to be the best option,as I haven't had to bitch and moan about the coverage on the Interwebs .

Not wanting to defend True Visions, but do not understand what 'race' you missed, it was only qualifying yesterday. It was due to be on ESPN, a channel which True buy in, so your complaint should be made to STAR/ESPN not True. Also it was shown on ESPN HD, I believe. As far as the re-run of the opening ceremony what channel were you using to watch, one of Trues own channels or a bought in one.

That said I also watched it from BBC iplayer this morning, in HD, and thought it was very good.

Yes, regarding F1 qualifying, it was on ESPN HD, and whilst True did cock up by not advertising this change of channel, it was fantastic to have it in HD.

No race, apologies, it was the qualifying for the F1, my mistake I was complaining about the the opening ceremony . I watched it on iPlayer later, it was brilliant. My complaint was that the True visions' Highlights' consisted solely of the athletes entering the stadium, no fireworks, no lighting the flame, nothing

Edited by msg362

Yes, regarding F1 qualifying, it was on ESPN HD, and whilst True did cock up by not advertising this change of channel, it was fantastic to have it in HD.

So its the F1 race tonight on ESPN HD?

Wouldn't like to say. Only just had my old box replaced with HD box a week back, so have nothing to go on. Would like to think so. Guess that means "no"!

• Like 1

Truevisions carried the whole opening ceremony live and re-ran the whole thing at 10.00am the following day. No cock-up there.

There is fantastic Olympic coverage on True, especially with the HD channels.

The F1 is due to start soon on ESPN-HD.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

G'day guys,

My apologies for not knowing.......but have not done a lot of research into Truevisions, so while we're on the subject, the HD box you are talking about, do you need cable for that or is the dish acceptable?

Reason I am asking cause out in the sticks I cannot get cable and can only get the dish.

Have not got Truevision as such but am looking into it, just thought I'd rather hear from you guys than through secondhand translated salesman pitch.

Cheers.

G'day guys,

My apologies for not knowing.......but have not done a lot of research into Truevisions, so while we're on the subject, the HD box you are talking about, do you need cable for that or is the dish acceptable?

Reason I am asking cause out in the sticks I cannot get cable and can only get the dish.

Have not got Truevision as such but am looking into it, just thought I'd rather hear from you guys than through secondhand translated salesman pitch.

Cheers.

You will be able to get it. Just go sign up on their website.

Truevisions carried the whole opening ceremony live and re-ran the whole thing at 10.00am the following day. No cock-up there.

I wouldn't be so quick to defend the re-run, I watched it and at all the best bits, i.e. the raising of the olympic rings, the lighting of the flame etc, they cut to adverts!! And to add to the farce, the adverts were for the olympics!

I wouldn't be so quick to defend the re-run, I watched it and at all the best bits, i.e. the raising of the olympic rings, the lighting of the flame etc, they cut to adverts!! And to add to the farce, the adverts were for the olympics!

That's disappointing.

Straying a little off-topic, I was seriously pissed off when I couldn't find F1 qualifying as I only buy the Sports package for F1!

So, I 'phoned True Visions and the customer service rep told me it was on the HD channel. Still on the 'phone I checked, only to find that my package did not show the HD channel...

If they're going to suddenly decide to change what is shown (F1 quali is shown in the magazine as being shown), the least they can do is to provide coverage for users on the HD channel for that short period of time.

Even better, not devote 4 'Sports' channels to the bloody olympics, but allow one of them to show F1 quali!

Straying a little off-topic, I was seriously pissed off when I couldn't find F1 qualifying as I only buy the Sports package for F1!

So, I 'phoned True Visions and the customer service rep told me it was on the HD channel. Still on the 'phone I checked, only to find that my package did not show the HD channel...

If they're going to suddenly decide to change what is shown (F1 quali is shown in the magazine as being shown), the least they can do is to provide coverage for users on the HD channel for that short period of time.

Even better, not devote 4 'Sports' channels to the bloody olympics, but allow one of them to show F1 quali!

There's little point in complaining to True. ESPN/Star Sports decide what sports to cover on their channels and probably took the view that more would complain about being deprived of the Olympics (on ESPN/Star) than F! qualifying,

both the race and qualy were on ESPN HD. and i must say quality was flawless.

pre and post shows were cut due top the olympics, but the action was all broadcast

perhaps the OP had trouble reading the channel guide

both the race and qualy were on ESPN HD. and i must say quality was flawless.

pre and post shows were cut due top the olympics, but the action was all broadcast

perhaps the OP had trouble reading the channel guide

Er no It said it was on 109

Printed programs are printed weeks beforehand and for a whole month.

If one of the broadcasting companies, in this case ESPN/STAR, changes their schedule you can hardly blame True for that.

Instead of complaining about the wrong culprit, you might learn to use the full extend of the checking possibilities provided

by your HD-box and remote.

Just a suggestion.

Yermanee wai.gif

If one of the broadcasting companies, in this case ESPN/STAR, changes their schedule you can hardly blame True for that.

Instead of complaining about the wrong culprit, you might learn to use the full extend of the checking possibilities provided

Just a suggestion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Most likely the guy has the gold package which doesn't include the relevant HD channel. If True advertised the Gold package as having full live coverage of the F1 season, then any such subscribers have a valid complaint with True, regardless of who decides the channel's schedule.

Just a suggestion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Most likely the guy has the gold package which doesn't include the relevant HD channel. If True advertised the Gold package as having full live coverage of the F1 season, then any such subscribers have a valid complaint with True, regardless of who decides the channel's schedule.

Wrong !!! Any package gives you a certain number of channels regardless of what is shown on that channel. I also have the Gold package and was able to watch both qualifying and the race. In the Gold package a number of free HD channels are included.

Yermaneewai.gif

Just a suggestion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Wrong !!! Any package gives you a certain number of channels regardless of what is shown on that channel. I also have the Gold package and was able to watch both qualifying and the race. In the Gold package a number of free HD channels are included.

Yermaneewai.gif

What channel number was qualifying shown live on?

Just a suggestion.

Yermanee wai.gif

No, why can't True visions put a note up on the advertised channel saying the channel has been changed. They manage the adverts well but seem incapable of informing their customers

Just a suggestion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yermaneewai.gif

I'm in love with your avatar!giggle.gif

Edited by msg362