Urgent! Confused And Worried.

So I am on an ED visa and have been for a while, the school I am with is called TLC and there is conflicting things in my passport. The thing with TLC is they do not give year visas but 15 month visas that can be extended. Mine I thought ended 12th of this month. I also see something stappled to my passport before the 12th Aug stamp. Both of the stamps say I have to leave but I don't get how I can have 2 stamps that far between. I am worried that the bit stappled that says I had to leave on the 12th of May might cause BIG issues, I need to go to my school and ask about it, but I would also like to hear of some opinions here please. Thanks, I can attach fotos if needed.

Tom

There is no such thing as a 15 month visa or extension of stay so you must have a one year multi entry ED visa which allows entry for up to 90 days each time (using just before the 12th month provides the extra 90 day stay to almost 15 months). You must depart Thailand every 90 days or less until you extend at immigration using a TM.7 and paying 1,900 baht with school paperwork. So need to know details of what you have to answer.

I could be in some serious trouble then, I never knew this. The school said I ust need to go to the im every 3 months and get my stamp for 1.900baht. What is the worse thing that can happen? Getting deported.. I feel sick, nobody explains this to people, mai bpen rai as usual.

you will not get deported, maybe a fine.

Look on your visa, does the number of entries say "M"

What entry? I have had ust been going to the im in my town every 90 days or less. If the the date is overdue, it is over due by like 20 weeks.....

I agree

What date does the Immigration stamp 'admitted until' show when you entered last?

I will take some photos in a short while.. This is all quite worrying. TLC seems to be able to pull strings from what I have seen over the time, but who knows.

Hey, here are the fotos, the first is the staple and the other 2 are related.

Tom

The white piece of paper with the staple is you 90 reporting. It has expired and there will be a fee for that. But nothing to be deported over. You have a valid visa to be here, you are late on your reporting date and the punishment is a fine, not deportation.

You have permission to stay until 12th August.

You have not done your 90 day reporting and will be fined 2,000 Baht.

lol who knows!? It is Thailand lol.. Maybe they will try the whole 5k fine plus 200baht every day thing. Do I need to leave to say Malaysia to renew my year visa?

Why should some one explain to you your visa requirements its your responsibility. No you can go to Laos or Cambodia. Read the responses from the visa guru here he has explained what you need to do. Lite Beer or Lop buri know there stuff

Why should some one explain to you your visa requirements its your responsibility. No you can go to Laos or Cambodia. Read the responses from the visa guru here he has explained what you need to do. Lite Beer or Lop buri know there stuff

Sorry if I come across as incompetent but this all hit me earlier like a train. By 2,000 I assume lite beer means the 1,900? Would it be very stupid to simply rip the stapled part out? Maybe the immigration will flick through and not take too much notice, but I assume computer backed up data.

Sorry if I come across as incompetent but this all hit me earlier like a train. By 2,000 I assume lite beer means the 1,900? Would it be very stupid to simply rip the stapled part out? Maybe the immigration will flick through and not take too much notice, but I assume computer backed up data.

You assume correct it will be recorded on the data base.

Lite beer means there is a fine for not reporting at the due time (90days) the fine is generally 2000 Baht. You permitted to stay stamp says 12th August so you are not on an overstay.

As already stated these guys know what they are talking about just follow their advice.

Edited by Tafia

Tafia, thanks for that. I just have never had an issue with my visa before and it shocked me a lot when I got told about it at a new school. She said, "yea every day overstay 500baht..." Anyway I will take thr advice here as that is why I came, this is Thaivisa is it not?

Do you think I will need to go to Penang to get a new year visa or can I simply renew it in my town?

Tafia, thanks for that. I just have never had an issue with my visa before and it shocked me a lot when I got told about it at a new school. She said, "yea every day overstay 500baht..." Anyway I will take thr advice here as that is why I came, this is Thaivisa is it not?

Do you think I will need to go to Penang to get a new year visa or can I simply renew it in my town?

You are on a 90 Day Extension of Permission to Stay, this is not a Visa and with the support of your language school this can be further extended at your Local Thai Immigration Dept for additional 90 day periods - this needs to be done before the 12th August.

You are not on an overstay but aliens are required to report address every 90day period of continual residence in Thailand without departure; please note that a 90 day Extension of Permission to Stay does not count as an address report.

If you have failed to report your adress for 7 days more than 90 days since your initial Extension of subsequent 90 Day report, then the maximum fine is 2,000 THB - go to immigration, explain, pay and that's that.

You do not need a new visa - you are extending your stay every 90 days and that can continue to be done as long as you and school paperwork qualifies. Your visa was likely a single entry ED (marked "S" for number of entry) and expired on entry. It does not have to be replaced as long as you continue extensions.

Kind, helpful and considerate as always...