2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

Arghhhhhhh, i nearly got that beauty out of my head..... biggrin.png

She was a great bike, but you'll have just as many thrills and laughs on the 2013 N250, plus it looks even better than my old NC30 with it's CBR kit biggrin.png

If i had some spare cash i wouldn't hesitate to buy a 2013 N250, would prefer the 300 but it's not coming here any time soon according to Kwakersaki sad.png

But back to the NC30/35, now i love getting my hands dirty and stripping things down (talking about bikes here!) 555 but there's always a slight paranoia with riding a 20 year old bike that's never had an MOT in it's life (but would a Thai MOT be up to scratch)... The only way to be completely at ease is to replace all hoses, bearings and seals, tighten everything down to the correct torque and so on and so forth. But even then it never ends. The N250 is a much safer and rewarding buy in my opinion.

I said the exact same thing to a guy that works with me, he too wanted to buy my bike and was going to offer me a handsome sum of money for it, but I gave him the low down on ownership and told him what else he could have for similar money. He went for the N250 also......... Not much of a salesman am I?? LMAO biggrin.png

laugh.png Well I shouldn't show you this as it might push you over the edge but...

This guy wanted 70-75 & it looks quite clean & redone

But he was way down south in sin city & I am way up north.

Plus the things you mentioned did come to mind.

Like you I liked to wrench but here in Thailand is not the same as back home.

Neither for work space, tools or even parts house savy here.

So like you said the N250 will be fine & lots of fun Im sure without many headacheswink.png

Pretty decent eh?

Edited by mania

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She was a great bike, but you'll have just as many thrills and laughs on the 2013 N250, plus it looks even better than my old NC30 with it's CBR kit biggrin.png

If i had some spare cash i wouldn't hesitate to buy a 2013 N250, would prefer the 300 but it's not coming here any time soon according to Kwakersaki sad.png

But back to the NC30/35, now i love getting my hands dirty and stripping things down (talking about bikes here!) 555 but there's always a slight paranoia with riding a 20 year old bike that's never had an MOT in it's life (but would a Thai MOT be up to scratch)... The only way to be completely at ease is to replace all hoses, bearings and seals, tighten everything down to the correct torque and so on and so forth. But even then it never ends. The N250 is a much safer and rewarding buy in my opinion.

I said the exact same thing to a guy that works with me, he too wanted to buy my bike and was going to offer me a handsome sum of money for it, but I gave him the low down on ownership and told him what else he could have for similar money. He went for the N250 also......... Not much of a salesman am I?? LMAO biggrin.png

laugh.png Well I shouldn't show you this as it might push you over the edge but...

So like you said the N250 will be fine & lots of fun Im sure without many headacheswink.png

Pretty decent eh?

ZX400R front forks, or have i forgot what NC35 forks look like? 555

It's an NC30 but had the forks replaced for USD units. It looks good but i'm always skeptical as to why the previous owner has fitted different forks, yes they look better than the stock units....But I'd give the head stock and lock stops a good check first

• Like 1

ZX400R front forks, or have i forgot what NC35 forks look like? 555

It's an NC30 but had the forks replaced for USD units. It looks good but i'm always skeptical as to why the previous owner has fitted different forks, yes they look better than the stock units....But I'd give the head stock and lock stops a good check first

ahhh good eye & shows you know them better than I do.

We never had these bikes available in the USA

I had assumed it was a 35. Although the owner never advertised it as either.

He just had it listed as 93 Honda

Actually I looked now closely at the 35 Frame & see the differences.

Now that you mention possible reasons. I would also have the same doubts & wonders.

See I was lucky or it was fate as the Thai's say smile.png

Edited by mania

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long for mine. sad.png

Well I may have to wait longer than you sad.png

After looking & looking at what bikes are available here

& value for what your getting, I went & put a deposit on one today too.

I think it will have a good grin factor we will see. smile.png

Well let's hope it weeks and not months. Congratz!

If you ever come to BKK or vice versa then we'll have to meet up for a ride.

• Like 1

I am getting an erection at looking at new Ninja

they really really got the design down, the 2012 is not beautiful at all

I can hardly wait to turn the throttle and drive down the pattaya sukhumvit at midnight when the streets are empty and there is occasional shooting

All i need is some bulletproof helmet

I wonder will people try to steal your bike, or damageit somehow because of envy and what can you do in this case, does insurance cover the damage?

• Like 1

I wonder will people try to steal your bike, or damageit somehow because of envy and what can you do in this case, does insurance cover the damage?

I recently got first class insurance for my CBR250. It seems pretty comprehensive, and I believe that damage via petty jealousy and resentfulness is covered.

I recently got first class insurance for my CBR250. It seems pretty comprehensive, and I believe that damage via petty jealousy and resentfulness is covered.

If you have first class you'll be covered but there's often a 5000baht or higher excess/deductable before any repairs will be carried out.

If you have first class you'll be covered but there's often a 5000baht or higher excess/deductable before any repairs will be carried out.

Meaning what?

You often have to pay the first 5k for damage repairs?

Edited by cbrer

how much is first class?

For what bike?

what if somebody put a nail in both tires?

or scratches your tank with a key?

1) probably not covered.

2) possibly covered.

You'd have to ask the insurance provider. I would be interested in the answer from somebody who knows though. :)

Pretty decent eh?

I am way down south & in the market, can you pass the details to me pls?

how much is first class?

what if somebody put a nail in both tires?

or scratches your tank with a key?

I would expect around 8000-10,000 for your bike depending on your history riding bikes in Thailand.

consumables are not covered, so tyres would not be replaced if damaged....

On the other hand, if the whole wheel(s) were to vanish/get stolen, they might be covered....... who knows....

A scratched (clearly vandalised) fuel tank would be covered by most companies but they would often just paint it and the repair would be less than the 5000baht excess you'll have to pay to get them to do so.

Every time I cruise accidentally ;) past Kawasaki

I see 2 or 3 Red Ninja's still there & keep thinking

why cant they just give me one of those :lol:

They also still have like 7 blacks & 7 greens

I guess folks from the 1st order still waiting for financing or ??

Maybe I will get lucky & one of them will change their minds

• Like 1

Call them and ask.

Bloody 'ell.

What's the number and do they speak English?

Shay at Real Motosports (Bangkok )

Speaks English very well

As I said earlier Kawasaki Chiang Mai

said they cannot say till next year

But this was in Thai so may be misinterpreted

Edited by mania

Holy Smokes I just got the call my Bike is in!

That was fast :)

Just called and talked to shay. He told me that the price new price if the bike is not yet confirmed by kawazaki. He estimated it might go up 7k ฿.

Now it's 158,500 and maybe plus 7k.

165,500??

^

He also told me that tomorrow is the last day that the show room will be opened. So if you don't want to get tax go get your bike now!!

• Like 1

So if you don't want to get tax go get your bike now!!

Oh no worries there biggrin.png

I was out the door pretty quick this morning after getting the call

& posting here.

Picking up was quite quick as they said with US passport I could take the bike & bring

in the Certification Of Residence later

I usually just go get those at the US Consulate even though they cost $50 instead of $15 at Immigration.

Mainly because Chiang Mai Immigration is a total Zoo

Consulate is appointment on line then 5 minutes your done.

Anyway the bike biggrin.png

Rides very nice!

Of course it is still just a 250 but it accelerates nicely & has a nice throaty sound once on the pipe.

Stock exhaust is very quiet at low speeds.

Great braking...Transmission is very smooth & does not need the clutch at all

once under way. The clutch itself is very light/smooth.

Bike is light & responsive. As easy as a scooter to split lanes & squeeze through stopped cars

no problems with width. Seat is very comfortable & suspension is smooth riding with my wife.

Wife said she likes the back seat a lot too smile.png Asked her which is more comfy for her the Wave or this

& she said this for sure.

The only adjustment I made was for some reason the dealer had the idle set at 2500rpm

I dropped it to 1500 & think 1000 would also be fine.

Bike has a kickstand dead switch.So bike has to be in neutral if stand is down to start

also of course engine will cut off if stand is put down while in gear.

Riding today was with wife on back so nothing too crazy yet.

Couple of good accelerations on open roads to see response.

Will give it a proper thrashing soon enough though when riding alone.

We have some great mountains here.

Total price out the door/on the road with 1 year first class insurance

is 169,847 THB

158,500 Bike

1,570 plate & registration/porabol

9,777 ....One Year 1st Class Insurance with MSIG Insurance here in Chiangmai

Sales folks ate Kawasaki Chiangmai really push for them....They say due to being locally based

& very good about claims & response time.

I may have done better shopping the insurance but this was easy for me & get insured before I leave

the lot. Next year will look around a bit....maybe

Freebies...Not much but

A nice cover for the bike in its own storage case.

Kawasaki Jacket

Calender various bags etc.

Overall well pleased with this nice little bike.

I think it is good value here.

I must have gotten someones bike whose financing fell through

or they changed their mind. Because I did not see a new delivery of 250's

and besides this red I took today I only see 1 of each color there still awaiting pickup

or purchase?

But as I said I was surprised to get the call today.

I put a deposit on 12/18/12

Here it is 9 days later & parked outside smile.png

• Like 1

So if you don't want to get tax go get your bike now!!

Oh no worries there biggrin.png

I was out the door pretty quick this morning after getting the call

& posting here.

Picking up was quite quick as they said with US passport I could take the bike & bring

in the Certification Of Residence later

I usually just go get those at the US Consulate even though they cost $50 instead of $15 at Immigration.

Mainly because Chiang Mai Immigration is a total Zoo

Consulate is appointment on line then 5 minutes your done.

Anyway the bike biggrin.png

Rides very nice!

Of course it is still just a 250 but it accelerates nicely & has a nice throaty sound once on the pipe.

Stock exhaust is very quiet at low speeds.

Great braking...Transmission is very smooth & does not need the clutch at all

once under way. The clutch itself is very light/smooth.

Bike is light & responsive. As easy as a scooter to split lanes & squeeze through stopped cars

no problems with width. Seat is very comfortable & suspension is smooth riding with my wife.

Wife said she likes the back seat a lot too smile.png Asked her which is more comfy for her the Wave or this

& she said this for sure.

The only adjustment I made was for some reason the dealer had the idle set at 2500rpm

I dropped it to 1500 & think 1000 would also be fine.

Bike has a kickstand dead switch.So bike has to be in neutral if stand is down to start

also of course engine will cut off if stand is put down while in gear.

Riding today was with wife on back so nothing too crazy yet.

Couple of good accelerations on open roads to see response.

Will give it a proper thrashing soon enough though when riding alone.

We have some great mountains here.

Total price out the door/on the road with 1 year first class insurance

is 169,847 THB

158,500 Bike

1,570 plate & registration/porabol

9,777 ....One Year 1st Class Insurance with MSIG Insurance here in Chiangmai

Sales folks ate Kawasaki Chiangmai really push for them....They say due to being locally based

& very good about claims & response time.

I may have done better shopping the insurance but this was easy for me & get insured before I leave

the lot. Next year will look around a bit....maybe

Freebies...Not much but

A nice cover for the bike in its own storage case.

Kawasaki Jacket

Calender various bags etc.

Overall well pleased with this nice little bike.

I think it is good value here.

I must have gotten someones bike whose financing fell through

or they changed their mind. Because I did not see a new delivery of 250's

and besides this red I took today I only see 1 of each color there still awaiting pickup

or purchase?

But as I said I was surprised to get the call today.

I put a deposit on 12/18/12

Here it is 9 days later & parked outside smile.png

Congrats. It's not a lot of money to pay when you consider the entertainment you're going to get from it. People have been comparing horsepower per baht, but smiles per baht would be more appropriate. Don't forget to post some pics when you get a moment :)
  • Like 1

Congrats. It's not a lot of money to pay when you consider the entertainment you're going to get from it. People have been comparing horsepower per baht, but smiles per baht would be more appropriate. Don't forget to post some pics when you get a moment smile.png

Thanks & yes that was the way I looked at it when I decided to go this route with the N250

Taking everything into consideration & what the majority of my riding

here in Thailand would be....I also thought this was the best smiles per baht

value.

Having owned 600RR & 900RR's in the US but not in Thailand.

I was not willing to pay the price they ask here for a grey import & what was available new

again priced at silly money for me anyway compared to what I have always spent.

Even a 2012/13 CBR1000RR in the US has a MSRP of $13,800 or roughly 423,000 THB

Compared to here where you pay pretty much double that & now with the new tax maybe 2.5x?

Ouch ohmy.png

Will post some pics but basically like the ones I have posted already

as it is stock smile.png

Here it was at the dealer getting ready to come home

I had mentioned in the cbr500 thread that I like the turn signals closer to the bike.

I was happy to see Kawasaki incorporate these into the front fairing

^ Congrats Mania, seems you got a good deal and I still love riding the wheels off mine after 4 years ownership (although I have to concede your new model looks much better - as is expected).

I know the practicality of the bike having owned it, and now that it looks like a mini ZX10 without the expense, ergos and general hassle of the litre bike it's a pretty good option IMO.

• Like 1

^ Congrats Mania, seems you got a good deal and I still love riding the wheels off mine after 4 years ownership (although I have to concede your new model looks much better - as is expected).

I know the practicality of the bike having owned it, and now that it looks like a mini ZX10 without the expense, ergos and general hassle of the litre bike it's a pretty good option IMO.

Thanks Jonny & yes I agree with all you said.

It really is a nice bike both visually & ride wise even from what I saw today.

Probably 50 km or so.

Light easy in traffic & has enough ummph for some big grins Im sure in teh twisties.

Good bike mania.

Congrats, but we deserve a detailed review once you have more chance to ride your new baby:lol:

Fun days are waiting for you man i am sure!

Likes the idea of center stand kill switch.

Forgot to add, how will you break in your bike?

What is stated in the manual? Or did they recommend you something?

Thanks LL

Yes will have some good reports in a week or so.

I am leaving Saturday for a visit up country with the in-laws but when I get

back will give it a proper thrashing on some twisty roads.

The kill switch is on the side stand as this bike has no center stand.

On the break in...... I will do the same as always which is basically like the one

you once linked to in another thread. Have owned many bikes & it never seemed to harm them

I don't hold a prolonged redline & definitely do not miss any hard shifts near redline while breaking in first 1000km

I do definitely believe in some hard pulls in 2nd,3rd & 4th then backing off same as

the guy you linked. Kind of like annealing metal.

Never had any problems with this method.

I will more than likely change oil earlier than suggested though the first time.

Good bike mania.

Congrats, but we deserve a detailed review once you have more chance to ride your new baby:lol:

Fun days are waiting for you man i am sure!

Likes the idea of center stand kill switch.

Forgot to add, how will you break in your bike?

What is stated in the manual? Or did they recommend you something?

Thanks LL

Yes will have some good reports in a week or so.

I am leaving Saturday for a visit up country with the in-laws but when I get

back will give it a proper thrashing on some twisty roads.

The kill switch is on the side stand as this bike has no center stand.

On the break in...... I will do the same as always which is basically like the one

you once linked to in another thread. Have owned many bikes & it never seemed to harm them

I don't hold a prolonged redline & definitely do not miss any hard shifts near redline while breaking in first 1000km

I do definitely believe in some hard pulls in 2nd,3rd & 4th then backing off same as

the guy you linked. Kind of like annealing metal.

Never had any problems with this method.

I will more than likely change oil earlier than suggested though the first time.

Cool man. Waiting for your nice review!

Happy ridesfor you. Whay a joy it is to ride a new bike for a long ride! Envy you.

Keep the distance though and beware of drunk new year drivers on the road.

Enjoy man. Happy for you.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1