Speed Pills, Crystal Meth Worth Bt30 Million Seized In Ubon Ratchathani

Lite Beer

Speed pills, crystal meth worth Bt30 million seized in Ubon Ratchathani

image_20120805154435F5F512E4-0843-8F52-67355BC93E4D191E.jpg

UBON RATCHATHANI, Aug 5- Three suspected drug traffickers were arrested on Sunday in this northeastern province with 120,000 methamphetamine pills and four packages of ‘ice’ crystal methamphetamine valued at around Bt30 million (about US$1 million).

Son Thammada, 40, Popwaree Yotha, 32, and Artit Songkroh, 29, were captured at a checkpoint on Khemarat-Mukdahan road in Khemarat district while they were travelling by a Chai Nat-registered pickup truck, Pol Col Pairoj Mangkala, deputy chief of Ubon Ratchathani provincial police, told at a press briefing.

During the search inside the vehicle, packages of 120,000 meth pills and four packages of crystal meth were found hidden in a bag. Destinations for delivery, including in Bangkok and its vicinities, were identified on each meth pill packages as well.

According to a preliminary investigation, Mr Son said that he was hired by a Laotian drug agent to deliver the meth pills to drug syndicates in the capital, adding that he was committing a drug offence for the first time.

Initially, they were charged with possession of the meth pills and crystal meth with intent to sell. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-08-05

Rather scary, that is US$1 million sat on the table, just shows that it really is the tip of an enormous iceberg that is being chipped at. Still, another feather in their caps; keep up the good work BiB.

That said, it is a shame that they couldn't have let the drugs travel to the pickup points and round the rest of them up as well. Yes, I do realise that is wishful thinking. Hope they got some useful intel out of it all the same.

• Like 2

This cannot be true. Charlerm 's 90 day "Drug Free Thailand" campaign is months old.

And not one drug kingpin aprehended or mentioned in the news.

Score,

Please tune down the negativity and focus on the bust.... maybe, just maybe, they're working on the rest of the busts with given info found on the packages (<deleted>' idiots...).

• Like 1

good bust for the cops, trying not to be pesimistic, but seriously, how much of this will be recirculated to the community at large with dodgy back alley deals by other, or maybe even the same officers?

And the crap (speed) is so destructive that even if the addicted want to turn their lives around there is NO road back. Worse than heroin or cocaine so I've read.

And the crap is so much cheaper to cook-up. It's really messing-up some lives both here and around the world.

It`s not true. Speed (amphetamine) ist rather harmless against metamphetamines (Meth) and Speed was easy to quit for me.

• Like 1

Hmmm when I lived in Ubon I was warned not to mess with the guys driving pick ups that have no licence plate and to always give way to them. Because they were the drug traffickers and were heavily armed, I followed that advice and so did the local BIB.

• Like 1

This cannot be true. Charlerm 's 90 day "Drug Free Thailand" campaign is months old.

Score,

Please tune down the negativity and focus on the bust.... maybe, just maybe, they're working on the rest of the busts with given info found on the packages (<deleted>' idiots...).

#1---good job.
  • Like 1

Score,

#1---good job.

i have a nephew that has totally stuffed his life, because of goey, no good to himself let alone 2 lovley kids

Seems they' were a few days too late. Most cops were somehow involved in the candle light festival.

I don't really want to know how much of that shit is around this area Ubon and Sisaket......wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

Having the drugs in a bag IN the car can hardly be called "hidden" but simply another case of stupidity. You'd think that people would put more thought to the whole thing in a country with such draconian penalties for drug pushing/smuggling. Som nam na!

And the crap (speed) is so destructive that even if the addicted want to turn their lives around there is NO road back. Worse than heroin or cocaine so I've read.

And the crap is so much cheaper to cook-up. It's really messing-up some lives both here and around the world.

It`s not true. Speed (amphetamine) ist rather harmless against metamphetamines (Meth) and Speed was easy to quit for me.

How can Speed be harmless? Maybe it was easy to quit for you, but not for so many others. People do shoot this stuff, is that harmless? wai.gif

How can Speed be harmless? Maybe it was easy to quit for you, but not for so many others. People do shoot this stuff, is that harmless? wai.gif

It does a lot of damage to your body. My step daughter from my previous marriage was addicted for about 2 years. Her health has suffered and will never be the same again.

Having the drugs in a bag IN the car can hardly be called "hidden" but simply another case of stupidity. You'd think that people would put more thought to the whole thing in a country with such draconian penalties for drug pushing/smuggling. Som nam na!

Why, it's been so easy for yonks. sad.png

Speed is a pill that is often prescription. Seems many are as ignorant of the current drugs as me. Crystal Meth is a different deal....think you smoke it and cannot quit easily. Both are old style drugs. Newer stuff and a return to Heroin is latest in many countries in some new form.

This shows that in every country there are the good,the Bad and the Ugly Citizens,we should learn to Punish each individual who commits crime and not to suffer other Innocent citizens of that country he comes from. Our Beloved Thailand must rise above Racism and Jungle Justicecoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Speed is a pill that is often prescription. Seems many are as ignorant of the current drugs as me. Crystal Meth is a different deal....think you smoke it and cannot quit easily. Both are old style drugs. Newer stuff and a return to Heroin is latest in many countries in some new form.

Do you really know what you're writing about? It's easy to produce with some chemical knowledge and the right equipment.

.Many people shoot it as a powder..Ever heard of "speed kills"?-----wai.gif

Edited by sirchai