High Season Weather

grumpyoldman

Thanks Oilinki !

Yes, the day it cleared, I think it was Wednesday, I too blasted up to Mai Khao to see some customers, really pretty up there, just as your photo shows.

A resort I was very impressed with, The Rennaissance, one not so impressing, Holiday Inn. Just so secluded up there........

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great weather this morning. I was just about to get to my motorbike and drive to the south to check some geocaches and take pictures. Then checked the rain radar which shows that in one hour or so it's going to pour heavily again.

Great weather this morning. I was just about to get to my motorbike and drive to the south to check some geocaches and take pictures. Then checked the rain radar which shows that in one hour or so it's going to pour heavily again.

really, i'd be willing to bet money that it will not

Now the rain seems to go a bit over Phuket.

I'm not going to bet on that time range, but what is said is said. Therefore 1 beer at a local bar (when ever we are going to have the Phuket meeting or we meet otherwise) if the rain hit's or not Phuket before 3pm today?

I'm not going to bet on that time range, but what is said is said. Therefore 1 beer at a local bar (when ever we are going to have the Phuket meeting or we meet otherwise) if the rain hit's or not Phuket before 3pm today?

Can't believe it it's pouring in Chalong with sunshine!! your rain radar seems to be shish!!

Edited by kawapower

sure, but since i can only verify what happening from my house, it has to be over chalong circle

(BTW, is betting beer on the weather even legal in thailand?)

Edited by stevehaigh

Great movie. Much of it filmed in Phuket.

Looks like we are in for several days of wind and rain. Heavy wind and rain in Rawai for a couple hours now.

Rain.jpg

Edit: Yep..just noticed this in the inbox: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583835-heavy-rain-warning-as-monsoon-soaks-phuket-andaman-coast/#entry5659251

Edited by NomadJoe

I think this http://www2.tmd.go.t.../pkt120Loop.php is whacked out.

Totally agree. At the moment it's better than it has been though inadequate for our purposes. We used to be able to use it as a prediction of imminent rain disrupting play on our tennis courts. Not any more. It has been in a steady state of deterioration over the last 8 or so months ago when it was down for 1 week then a further 2 weeks but in general it's as useless as tits on a bull. There is an 85* segment missing over the southern part of the island. Nuff said.

I shudder to think that, as this receiver is based at Phuket airport, is it also the feed for incoming and departing aircraft as a guide to local weather conditions.

Ironical that today is the 5th. anniversary of the one to go disaster. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/584554-no-memorial-service-for-victims-of-one-two-go-flight-crash/

• Like 1

Now it has been raining huge amounts at least here in NE-Phuket. Has there been any reports of land slides?

aonangweather said that yesterday there was 140mm rain at Phuket Town.

23C this morning. The floors of my home has been "wet" for the last few days as slightly warmer and moisture air meets the colder tiles during the day.

This morning there was at least 5 minutes of sun shine, that could continue for an while..