Holiday Leaves Marriage In Ruins

damo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a big deal to the wife of 70 odd years old that he left behind and most likely his adult kids right ?

By the sounds of it he will be running back home sooner than later.

Selling crap out of his garage to raise funds for another trip and now selling the family home of which he might get half and will blow it away to someone smarter than him in an exotic land, dos not sound promising.

Instead of living a long and comfortable life with the mother of his kids.

Should have stayed with the wife u reckon twodogz?

Sure, lived out his few remaining years in possible misery, denying himself any last chance at happiness. Makes sense to me.

i think his misery is yet to come. he has no idea what he has let himself in for and will end up a broken man.

at the very least his karma is <deleted>.

would love to hear a follow up in a year or so.

• Like 1

The scary part of this story is, that the dude does not choose 2x19'year gal's instead of for a 37 year old....let's honest here - not really a beauty queen wai.gif

Hope this story doesn't make to much trouble, for western-guys, to go alone on dentist holidays biggrin.png

Its a big deal to the wife of 70 odd years old that he left behind and most likely his adult kids right ?

By the sounds of it he will be running back home sooner than later.

Selling crap out of his garage to raise funds for another trip and now selling the family home of which he might get half and will blow it away to someone smarter than him in an exotic land, dos not sound promising.

Instead of living a long and comfortable life with the mother of his kids.

Sure, lived out his few remaining years in possible misery, denying himself any last chance at happiness. Makes sense to me.

i think his misery is yet to come. he has no idea what he has let himself in for and will end up a broken man.

The fun police are out in force. The old guy has made his choice. Get it guys his choice. None of you have any idea as to what his life was like with his wife, she may well have been a total bitch to live with. Whatever the reasons, he is allowed to make his own decisions, right or wrong. All this crap about ruining lives and karma. Get over it, it's life. We're not all Trappist monks.

• If their relationship is in good term n husband loves her, this won't happen.why blame the asian woman, not the husband?
    disagree
    Skye (Guest)
    JOONDALUP, WA @ 15/08/2012 06:21:09 PM
  • My husband of 25 years did too. Met a younger woman in Indo said he had to marry her he was in love after a few days.
    disagree
    Leanne Ralph (Guest)
    NEUTRAL BAY, NSW @ 15/08/2012 02:33:05 PM
  • I feel for poor Mildred, my ex did the same only he called a spiritual experience.
    disagree
    Eufemia Spizzic (Guest)
    RINGWOOD, QLD @ 15/08/2012 02:27:06 PM
  • i understand mildreds postion as my exhusband did the same thing to me m ex left me after 37 years of marriage
    disagree
    fay (Guest)
    WHITEBRIDGE, NSW @ 15/08/2012 02:26:55 PM
  • my ex husband did the same o me after 37 years marrage the thai girl is 37yearsold my ex is 60 i feel sad for mildred
    disagree
    fay (Guest)
    WHITEBRIDGE, NSW @ 15/08/2012 02:26:41 PM
  • Tracy, every day you do some sort of propaganda against Asia, stop it, just learn from them, family values, culture,ect
    disagree
    lozy (Guest)
    BONDI BEACH, NSW @ 15/08/2012 02:26:23 PM
    • can't believe pointing finger at all 'Asian'
      yummy (Guest)
      MOOLOOLABA, QLD @ 15/08/2012 03:09:20 PM
    • Some Asian women want Aust men for their money, married or not doesn't matter.That's not showing family values, culture.
      CD (Guest)
      AIRLIE BEACH, QLD @ 15/08/2012 04:20:21 PM

[*]Did you see his wife? I would have done the runner 30 years ago! Channel nine, stop propaganda against Asia.

disagree

lozy (Guest)

BONDI BEACH, NSW @ 15/08/2012 02:26:15 PM

• I enjoy visitng Asian countries,have friends there in small villages.We don't judge people on their looks unlike you.
      CD (Guest)
      AIRLIE BEACH, QLD @ 15/08/2012 04:20:22 PM

[*]Get real ... who goes to Thailand for dentures?

disagree

Tweedledum (Guest)

BILAMBIL HEIGHTS, NSW @ 15/08/2012 02:25:36 PM

[*]Happened to me, Husband of 20 years, went to Bangkok for dental surgery and game back and broke of our marriage.

disagree

anon12 (Guest)

SALE, VIC @ 15/08/2012 02:09:23 PM

[*]I recently found out my husband has been leading a double life with more than one Thai prostitue after going there.

disagree

sad (Guest)

DUNBOGAN, NSW @ 15/08/2012 02:09:19 PM

This guy is nothing more than a self centred old fool making more of a fool of himself.

I see nothing wrong with single men living / enjoying out their years in a similar manner, but when this leaves a wake of hurt and regret its a real shame.

My Grandparents grew old together, my Parents are growing old together - I see a love and happiness that only time can bring and I aspire to the same standards; taking care of and respecting those around me - I see this as a simple part of the responsibility of life.

If people find themselves alone at any stage of their life seeking mutually respectful company is a good thing, but not such where one respects only youth and the other respects only the contents of someones wallet, thats not mutual respect, its simply a transaction and I find it difficult to see where there can be any mutual respect or even love. One party in this equation will be pulling the wool over their own eyes to mask the realities that they are simply paying for company.

However, Good on those who through lack of other options enter this type of relationship with their eye's wide open without leaving any wake of hurt and regret.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

The fun police are out in force. The old guy has made his choice. Get it guys his choice. None of you have any idea as to what his life was like with his wife, she may well have been a total bitch to live with. Whatever the reasons, he is allowed to make his own decisions, right or wrong. All this crap about ruining lives and karma. Get over it, it's life. We're not all Trappist monks.

nope, and i personally enjoy a bit o' the strange, but if you are going to throw it all away, don't you think a bit of an upgrade is in order?

the karma bit was a joke, just like the whole story and the choices he made.

This guy is nothing more than a self centred old fool making more of a fool of himself.

I see nothing wrong with single men living / enjoying out their years in a similar manner, but when this leaves a wake of hurt and regret its a real shame.

My Grandparents grew old together, my Parents are growing old together - I see a love and happiness that only time can bring and I aspire to the same standards; taking care of and respecting those around me - I see this as a simple part of the responsibility of life.

If people find themselves alone at any stage of their life seeking mutually respectful company is a good thing, but not such where one respects only youth and the other respects only the contents of someones wallet, thats not mutual respect, its simply a transaction and I find it difficult to see where there can be any mutual respect or even love. One party in this equation will be pulling the wool over their own eyes to mask the realities that they are simply paying for company.

However, Good on those who through lack of other options enter this type of relationship with their eye's wide open without leaving any wake of hurt and regret.

What kind of fairytale world do you live in? There's always damage and hurt when one partner decides to leave another, and for whatever reasons it's purely their decision alone, not for anyone else to sit in judgement.

What kind of fairytale world do you live in? There's always damage and hurt when one partner decides to leave another, and for whatever reasons it's purely their decision alone, not for anyone else to sit in judgement.

Harsh, but true. It would be different if the guy had a young family and left the wife to raise them on her own. But the kids are all grown up. I sympathize with the woman, but separation/divorce happens every day. And in nearly every instance, one of the two is hurt more than the other. That's life.

Harsh, but true. It would be different if the guy had a young family and left the wife to raise them on her own. But the kids are all grown up. I sympathize with the woman, but separation/divorce happens every day. And in nearly every instance, one of the two is hurt more than the other. That's life.

I (generally) agree, but can also understand why the woman is SO angry at being dumped for some younger woman (with questionable motives).