Holiday Leaves Marriage In Ruins

damo

I doubt a man would any happier to be dumped for a toy boy. Bottom line, no one likes to be dumped, we all have egos.

Fair enough, but I have to say that I don't know any women here that have dumped their husband for a toy boy.

Anyway, in my case it had nothing to do with 'ego' - but everything to do with the lies and sudden change from a happy retirement to something entirely different...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is nothing more than a self centred old fool making more of a fool of himself.

I see nothing wrong with single men living / enjoying out their years in a similar manner, but when this leaves a wake of hurt and regret its a real shame.

My Grandparents grew old together, my Parents are growing old together - I see a love and happiness that only time can bring and I aspire to the same standards; taking care of and respecting those around me - I see this as a simple part of the responsibility of life.

If people find themselves alone at any stage of their life seeking mutually respectful company is a good thing, but not such where one respects only youth and the other respects only the contents of someones wallet, thats not mutual respect, its simply a transaction and I find it difficult to see where there can be any mutual respect or even love. One party in this equation will be pulling the wool over their own eyes to mask the realities that they are simply paying for company.

However, Good on those who through lack of other options enter this type of relationship with their eye's wide open without leaving any wake of hurt and regret.

What kind of fairytale world do you live in? There's always damage and hurt when one partner decides to leave another, and for whatever reasons it's purely their decision alone, not for anyone else to sit in judgement.

Harsh, but true. It would be different if the guy had a young family and left the wife to raise them on her own. But the kids are all grown up. I sympathize with the woman, but separation/divorce happens every day. And in nearly every instance, one of the two is hurt more than the other. That's life.

I'd be more sympathetic if the guy was widowed, good on him. I'd also be more sympathetic if the guy was in a terrible marriage and left for Thailand as a way out, fair enough. I do not sympathise with a guy who is in what apparently was a happy marriage and turns everyones life upside-down for a little bit of selfish fun.

He found love in a week... LOL...

And yes, divorce is a normal part of many peoples lives but not for such selfish reasons - i.e. he met a bit of fluff (but she's hardly fluff, looks quite rough Pattaya ageing BG IMO). He'll get ripped off in a heartbeat and in doing so he's hurt a lot of people along the way. No sympathy, he's just a fool.

If someone is in an unhappy marriage and leaves it for that reason then fair enough - someone will get hurt, yes, that is part of life.

But if someone leaves their happy marriage for a bit of holiday fun, they are nothing more than a selfish fool.

Edited by richard_smith237

This guy is nothing more than a self centred old fool making more of a fool of himself.

I see nothing wrong with single men living / enjoying out their years in a similar manner, but when this leaves a wake of hurt and regret its a real shame.

My Grandparents grew old together, my Parents are growing old together - I see a love and happiness that only time can bring and I aspire to the same standards; taking care of and respecting those around me - I see this as a simple part of the responsibility of life.

If people find themselves alone at any stage of their life seeking mutually respectful company is a good thing, but not such where one respects only youth and the other respects only the contents of someones wallet, thats not mutual respect, its simply a transaction and I find it difficult to see where there can be any mutual respect or even love. One party in this equation will be pulling the wool over their own eyes to mask the realities that they are simply paying for company.

However, Good on those who through lack of other options enter this type of relationship with their eye's wide open without leaving any wake of hurt and regret.

What kind of fairytale world do you live in? There's always damage and hurt when one partner decides to leave another, and for whatever reasons it's purely their decision alone, not for anyone else to sit in judgement.

Harsh, but true. It would be different if the guy had a young family and left the wife to raise them on her own. But the kids are all grown up. I sympathize with the woman, but separation/divorce happens every day. And in nearly every instance, one of the two is hurt more than the other. That's life.

I'd be more sympathetic if the guy was widowed, good on him. I'd also be more sympathetic if the guy was in a terrible marriage and left for Thailand as a way out, fair enough. I do not sympathise with a guy who is in what apparently was a happy marriage and turns everyones life upside-down for a little bit of selfish fun.

And yes, divorce is a normal part of many peoples lives but not for such selfish reasons - i.e. he met a bit of fluff (but she's hardly fluff, looks quite rough Pattaya ageing BG IMO). He'll get ripped off in a heartbeat and in doing so he's hurt a lot of people along the way. No sympathy, he's just a fool.

If someone is in an unhappy marriage and leaves it for that reason then fair enough - someone will get hurt, yes, that is part of life.

But if someone leaves their happy marriage for a bit of holiday fun, they are nothing more than a selfish fool.

We have no idea as to the health of his marriage good or bad, and probably never will, and the world is full of people who make bad, selfish decisions. I've made a couple myself, but live and learn hopefully.

We have no idea as to the health of his marriage good or bad, and probably never will, and the world is full of people who make bad, selfish decisions. I've made a couple myself, but live and learn hopefully.

The Video showed his Wife saying they were happily married, photo's etc show the same. Even a photo on the day he left showed a happy couple. One the face of it it shows a happy marriage - Although one has to question why he goes to Pattaya of all places for dentistry.

True, he could have gone anywhere in Thailand for dentistry. Methinks he already had a clue as to what Pattaya had to offer. As to the happy smiling pics, they don't convince me that all was well with their marriaage. How many partners, male or female that have been totally surprised when a partner leaves them for another? Their response is usually, "but we were so happy together". Well obviously one person wasn't.

I utterly detest A Current Affair and the other similar tabloid prime time shows in Australia. But...to be fair...after watching this video...I thought they were fairly even handed with the reporting:

• Bloke goes to thailand for new choppers
  • Meets (stunning blink.png ) bar girl
  • Comes home and tells wife all bets are off
  • Wife is sad and warns others of dangers of letting hubby go to Thailand

No inference by ACA that the Thai was pay for play...no attempt to drag up one of the blokes daughters crying on camera and screaming how dad is a bastard...no racist rants about asian women...etc

THE REAL ISSUE HERE, that requires further discussion, is not the events listed above, but rather, WHY???? did his wife take the story to A Current Affair:

• Wanted to publicly shame her hubby and obtain revenge?
  • Wanted to warn others about (evil) Thai women?
  • Wanted sympathy for losing her husband?

The bloke acted honestly enough...he came back and told her...look love all bets are off...I am out of here to shack up with my isaan princess in Pattaya. At least he was honest and forthright and told his wife the score....

How many blokes do each of you know who want to have their cake and eat it too. Lie to the wife back home (about what happens in Thailand) and lie to the mia noy(s) while in LOS. Those blokes are the real cowards. Sick to death of the farang wife....but way to spineless too weather a divorce...

BUT...even after the bloke was upfront and told the wife the score...she had to hand the story over to ACA and go public with a private issue.

Some married women age to become SPITEFUL CONTROL FREAKS.

Edited by Phronesis

I utterly detest A Current Affair and the other similar tabloid prime time shows in Australia. But...to be fair...after watching this video...I thought they were fairly even handed with the reporting:

• Blokes goes to thailand for new choppers

No inference by ACA that the Thai was pay for play...no attempt to drag up one of the blokes daughters crying on camera and screaming how dad is a bastard...no racist rants about asian women...etc

THE REAL ISSUE HERE, that requires further discussion, is not the events listed above, but rather, WHY???? did his wife take the story to A Current Affair:

The bloke acted honestly enough...he came back and told her...look love all bets are off...I am out of here to shack up with my isaan princess in Pattaya. At least he was honest and forthright and told his wife the score....

How many blokes do each of you know who want to have their cake and eat it too. Lie to the wife back home (about what happens in Thailand) and lie to the mia noy(s) while in LOS. Those blokes are the real cowards. Sick to death of the farang wife....but way to spineless to weather a divorce...

BUT...even after the bloke was upfront and told the wife the score...she had to hand the story over to ACA and go public with a private issue.

Alternatively, they only become nasty when hubby leaves them in a bad situation...

If you seriously think that the man in this case going home and telling his wife that he was leaving for a younger model, resulted in the wife 'showing her true colours' and becoming a "spiteful control freak" - then you have no idea.

How many blokes do each of you know who want to have their cake and eat it too. Lie to the wife back home (about what happens in Thailand) and lie to the mia noy(s) while in LOS. Those blokes are the real cowards. Sick to death of the farang wife....but way to spineless to weather a divorce...

Alternatively, they only become nasty when hubby leaves them in a bad situation...

If you seriously think that the man in this case going home and telling his wife that he was leaving for a younger model, resulted in the wife 'showing her true colours' and becoming a "spiteful control freak" - then you have no idea.

Then what was her reason for giving her story to ACA if it wasn't a woman spurned?

The truth of the matter is

Many older guys still want and think about sex as an essential part of their lives.

Many older women no longer want, require or allow their elderly male husbands sex.

When the older guy encounters a situation where he can get what he has now been denied, he will take that option. It's nobodies fault that many older women deny their husbands sex, it's nobodies fault that many older men still want sex. I would suggest the marriage contract as it traditionally was and now we live longer, is no longer viable.

Maybe the contract should be altered to enforce the man's entitlement to sex with his partner.

Maybe the contract should be limited in length (maybe until menopause).

As it stands, in the west the man has no options and is always wrong, no matter what he does, and usually ends up living a life of quiet desperation, running off, or killing himself.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

I think it's pathetic to abandon a partner after 37 years cause you met a bar girl. Obviously given the demographics of this website, the bloke is a hero. We just had a topic on here where 95% of the participants think that it's okay for them to drink and drive cause they are "good drivers" so nothing is surprising at this point.

• Like 2

I think it's pathetic to abandon a partner after 37 years cause you met a bar girl. Obviously given the demographics of this website, the bloke is a hero. We just had a topic on here where 95% of the participants think that it's okay for them to drink and drive cause they are "good drivers" so nothing is surprising at this point.

biggrin.png

Like I said before, we have no idea about their relationship, its just her side of the story.

He must not have really liked her to do something like that, perhaps she wasnt giving him any or she was a mega bitch. Who really knows.

Im an Aussie and know the media down there is really bad, they have agenda's, they are not on par with the BBC, they are on Fox news level in my opinion. Some of the stories they come out with always makes people shake there heads.

You're familiar with the dynamics of their marriage are you? Maybe the guy has been miserable as hell for years. You would deny him any last chance of happiness just because he's been married 37 years. Life isn't a dress rehearsal, you get one chance and that's it. I say good luck to him for getting off his arse and changing his situation. Maybe you'd prefer he just died a slow miserable death of boredom. BTW, what is a good reason to "abandon" a partner after 37 years?

Edited by giddyup

Then what was her reason for giving her story to ACA if it wasn't a woman spurned?

Yes, she became very 'nasty' when dumped for a younger model. But its unlikely that she was 'nasty' until then... Do you not get vindictive when someone treats you v badly indeed?

You're familiar with the dynamics of their marriage are you? Maybe the guy has been miserable as hell for years. You would deny him any last chance of happiness just because he's been married 37 years. Life isn't a dress rehearsal, you get one chance and that's it. I say good luck to him for getting off his arse and changing his situation. Maybe you'd prefer he just died a slow miserable death of boredom. BTW, what is a good reason to "abandon" a partner after 37 years?

I suppose we're lucky to be happy with what we've got, rather than pining for some tempting exotic fantasy.

SC

Possibly he was "miserable as hell for years". The chances are though that if he was that unhappy he would have left years earlier, rather than suddenly finding a younger model in Thailand and deciding this was 'true love'. rolleyes.gif

Possibly he was "miserable as hell for years". The chances are though that if he was that unhappy he would have left years earlier, rather than suddenly finding a younger model in Thailand and deciding this was 'true love'. rolleyes.gif

Perhaps we could speculate endlessly...

SC

Not necessarily. A lot of men (and women too) just suffer in silence. Maybe it took a trip to Thailand to shake him out of his lethargy. As far as "true love", well we know that's not the case, at least for the woman, but if he's happy, even for a short while, grab it while you can.

I suppose we're lucky to be happy with what we've got, rather than pining for some tempting exotic fantasy.

SC

You just don't get it do you? Obviously he wasn't happy, otherwise he wouldn't have left.

Perhaps we could speculate endlessly...

SC

Or we could just add meaningless comments. Really, what's the point of anything? Least of all responding to posts on this forum.

Edited by giddyup

Not necessarily. A lot of men (and women too) just suffer in silence. Maybe it took a trip to Thailand to shake him out of his lethargy. As far as "true love", well we know that's not the case, at least for the woman, but if he's happy, even for a short while, grab it while you can.

Except I have little doubt that he will end up being v unhappy indeed once he realises that there is no genuine relationship/communication etc. Meanwhile the ex-wife has had her life turned upside down by some idiot.

• Like 2

the fact that many men in long term relationships become too idle to engage in foreplay whereas a prostitute neither expects nor includes it in their service charge and so aging lothario need not bother. Rather akin to a blow up doll, but with a pulse.

I don't think you know much about the expectations of BGs in Thailand.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

wonder what his Thai Visa nick is.

Giddyup perhaps ?

I doubt a man would any happier to be dumped for a toy boy. Bottom line, no one likes to be dumped, we all have egos.

Fair enough, but I have to say that I don't know any women here that have dumped their husband for a toy boy.

Anyway, in my case it had nothing to do with 'ego' - but everything to do with the lies and sudden change from a happy retirement to something entirely different...

So did you stay in Thailand ?

If so, how did you find it after being dumped for everything that is around you. Surely every girl you see might have the potential to remind you of it and especially all the guys with younger models walking about.

Its rather sad when you hear these things, moreson when walking out of a happy marriage or retirement and kids for something that more than likely ends in hell.

the fact that many men in long term relationships become too idle to engage in foreplay whereas a prostitute neither expects nor includes it in their service charge and so aging lothario need not bother. Rather akin to a blow up doll, but with a pulse.

I don't think you know much about the expectations of BGs in Thailand.

Odd. I believe this was recently posted by you on a currently running thread re 'unable to make a relationship here' [sic]?

Quote: 'In fact I have never paid any woman (or man) for sex.'

Unless of course you are amongst the many here too big and too hansum to have to had to have paid for any of these 'BGs in Thailand'?

Edited by silsburyhill

What's pitiful is your attitude towards the elderly. If you had your way you'd have anyone over 60 in a nursing home waiting to die.

Yes and l wonder how old Twodogz is, bet he won't tell the truth eh. Sounds like 15 but l could be a little out. sad.png

Old enough to hope like hell I will not embarrass myself by leaving the mother of my kids at 70 odd years of age and run off with a severe case of downgrading...let alone anyone.

But hey, if you guys are more than happy to do that...speaks volumes.

• Like 1

Old enough to hope like hell I will not embarrass myself by leaving the mother of my kids at 70 odd years of age and run off with a severe case of downgrading...let alone anyone.

But hey, if you guys are more than happy to do that...speaks volumes.

I ask again, how old are you ? Be honest. smile.png