Best Bread In Rawai?

stevehaigh

what do you think? i've tried them all I think, but my fav at the moment is flints one. nice fresh daily bread and they have a few choices of single serving, mini breads, ideal for one sandwich only. when i get a whole baguette, i usually end up throwing half away anyhow.

interested to know if there is somewhere i'm overlooking?

I have also tried them all, and now end up going to the Sacs breadbox next to Villa Market. IMO the best bread with a nice choice of different kinds. Their main shop is on Chao Fa West which is for me too far, but their breadbox works fine.

I have also tried them all, and now end up going to the Sacs breadbox next to Villa Market. IMO the best bread with a nice choice of different kinds. Their main shop is on Chao Fa West which is for me too far, but their breadbox works fine.

Yes, Sacs has a good range. Little bit pricey, but that's Ok.

I personally think that Big C in Patong has better baguettes than Sac's at a much cheaper price, but as the OP asked about Rawai but as Patong is nowhere near Rawai then my comment may not be of much help.

Isn't there a Mani's German bakery in Chalong? The Karon one does excellent but pricey bread.

Edited by madmitch

All of the above. I like the part baked baguettes from Flints One as 10 minutes in the convection at home gives you a nice crisp, warm baguette.

i should try that, i love warm straight from the oven.

sacs is too expensive for me. wine connection in the tesco/lotus car park has some pretty good bread too, not sure where it comes from, but its the same problem with buying a whole baguette or whatever, too much for one lunch for one person.

Not in Rawai but when returning from Patong i always call into the bakery just past the lights and before the fuel garage on Patak road Karon, problem is they have usually sold out by lunchtime, but nice bread

That's Flints One also. Buy their croissants but need to be there before 11.00.

Not in Rawai but when returning from Patong i always call into the bakery just past the lights and before the fuel garage on Patak road Karon, problem is they have usually sold out by lunchtime, but nice bread

Flints 1 is in Kata at the traffic lights, there is also a bakery at the traffic lights close to Karon plaza. A German bakery, but don't know the name. I gathered that was the one peter meant, but I could be wrong of course.

Yes thats the place i could not remember the name

Flints 1 is in Kata at the traffic lights, there is also a bakery at the traffic lights close to Karon plaza. A German bakery, but don't know the name. I gathered that was the one peter meant, but I could be wrong of course.

That's Mani the Bavarian. His "Full-corn" (or whatever you want to call them) rolls , are my favorites.

Steven - traffic lights before Fuel garage. Seems clear to me that's Flints One. But hey what do I know.

You're right, missed the 'fuel garage'. Think peter had me fooled a bit by the 'Karon' part in his post.

So where is the boundary between Karon and Kata on Patak Rd, for the nitpickers?

In streets of Phuket the whole area is Tambon Karon no mention of Kata except Kata Beach but still in tambon Karon

Yes peter, and also Sai Yuan and Nai Harn do not exist.

Edited by stevenl

So where is the boundary between Karon and Kata on Patak Rd, for the nitpickers?

Karon is the Umphur (district) and Kata is a local area (village) inside Karon. If you look at the Municiple Offices in Kata (area) it says Karon.

Kata is tambon Karon, but Amphur Muang. Also Karon is Amphur Muang. There are 3 districts on Phuket, Muang, Kathu and Talang.

Edited by stevenl

In streets of Phuket the whole area is Tambon Karon no mention of Kata except Kata Beach but still in tambon Karon

I am well aware of that, Sai Yuan is the name of a road not a area, Nai Harn is the name of a beach not a area The tambon is Rawai from the south side of Patak road all the way to the south coast

I am well aware of that, Sai Yuan is the name of a road not a area, Nai Harn is the name of a beach not a area The tambon is Rawai from the south side of Patak road all the way to the south coast

Peter, there is a reason when you enter Sai Yuan that it has a namesign. Nai Harn and Sai Yuan are villages under the municipality Rawai, just as Kata is a village under the municipality Karon.

Surprised no one has mentioned the bakery across the road from Wat Chalong.

Over-priced for sure, but, very nice bread.

Yes quite pricey & have not been for a long time. It is called Bake & they used to do a delicious ham & egg baguette. I see further down the post degenerated into nitpicking once again. The thread is about bread not tambon or tessabaans.

Edited by Valentine