Bovril

gennisis

It was always labled 'Beef Extract" but the new jar I have just bought is just labled BOVRIL and the ingredients dont include any beef extract...just yeast extract...in other words it is Marmite...or Vegimite.

This explains why my beef casserole didnt taste the same.

Why cant they leave things alone.

Wilkie says that in 2004 they changed but after complaints changed back...so does that mean that my new jar is 6 years old.?

Reminds me of an early incident in my public accounting career when I managed the audit of Bovril in Enfield, London. Some junior member of the team had been strung along by a staff member and presented a paper for my review that explained a movement in cost of production as being due to the lack of success of the snakehunters in Argentina that year! (Bovril was made from cheap bits of Argentinian beef, bones, blood etc - all the kind of stuff that goes into the most delicious of Thai noodle soups).

I hope this is in line with the Topic as it is about Western food. Small steak pies at Friendship Supermarket in Pattaya have increased in price from 48 Baht to 80 Baht. I am not kidding.

Nothing to do with Bovril

I hope this is in line with the Topic as it is about Western food. Small steak pies at Friendship Supermarket in Pattaya have increased in price from 48 Baht to 80 Baht. I am not kidding.

Nothing to do with Bovril

Sorry Joepai, I thought Bovril was Western food, and food could be drunk as well as eaten.