Jingthing

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not announce I'm not gay. It's my 'identity'

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Are you here to make trouble?

Nope. Just making an observation. Is it ONLY gay people that can have an 'identity' as you put it?

I'm asking as you seem to find it necessary to shout 'I'm gay. Its my identity ' at every opportunity. It is of course your right to do so if you wish. But reading here most do not.

Thanks for gracing us with your heterosexual presence on the gay forum. Y'all come back again!

I will pop in from time to time just to see if you have gotten more controlling and power crazy on the Jingthing gay forum.

Unless you are suggesting I'm not welcome.

Again with the literal pettiness. Obsession with one sarcastic comment. Ignoring the obvious peace pipe I offered. Please stop this. I implore you and endure. Stop the madness!

Its nothing to do with who's "won" - its not some sort of competition.

While I don't care if someone thinks I'm gay or not, I DO care when someone clearly and repeatedly implies I am a liar - as you have done in far more than "one sarcastic comment". That IS "personal".

Valete to this thread ...

I will repeat my warning in another thread:

There is getting to be way too much personal animosity between posters. You are not required to enter into a debate with those who simply will not agree with you. You can ignore them, you can report them

The alternative is for a moderator to step in and provide posters with a posting holiday.

• Like 1

post-37101-0-90148100-1345545667_thumb.j

I very much SUPPORT moderator involvement in suppressing the extreme PERSONALIZATION of debate in the gay forum. I am on board with this and hope everyone else is as well. Hopefully with moderator oversight, this forum can get it in line with reasonably civilized standards of discussion.

Obviously just because most of us are gay doesn't mean that there is any unity or assumed agreement on topical matters. That is normal and totally OK.

We also don't have to like each other personally or have anything at all in common except sexual orientation just because most of us posting are gay. That is also normal and totally OK.

I hope I am correct that there is nothing against the rules with debate that is TOPIC and ISSUE related. Aside from the personalization. Otherwise, it's not a forum, is it?

I sincerely hope that EVERYONE posting in this forum, or who wishes to, takes the guidance from Scott to heart. Enough is enough. This forum can be so much better but only if we focus on CONTENT issues rather than personal grudge warfare.

How about it, gay dudes and fellow travelers? Fresh start? Reset?

Edited by Jingthing

I very much SUPPORT moderator involvement in suppressing the extreme PERSONALIZATION of debate in the gay forum. I am on board with this and hope everyone else is as well. Hopefully with moderator oversight, this forum can get it in line with reasonably civilized standards of discussion.

Obviously just because most of us are gay doesn't mean that there is any unity or assumed agreement on topical matters. That is normal and totally OK.

We also don't have to like each other personally or have anything at all in common except sexual orientation just because most of us posting are gay. That is also normal and totally OK.

I hope I am correct that there is nothing against the rules with debate that is TOPIC and ISSUE related. Aside from the personalization. Otherwise, it's not a forum, is it?

I sincerely hope that EVERYONE posting in this forum, or who wishes to, takes the guidance from Scott to heart. Enough is enough. This forum can be so much better but only if we focus on CONTENT issues rather than personal grudge warfare.

How about it, gay dudes and fellow travelers? Fresh start? Reset?

Hahaha and there was ME thinking that Scott was talking about YOU.

Lifes a funny thing and yet TV is sometimes funnier :D

You are not required to enter into a debate with those who simply will not agree with you. You can ignore them, you can report them

*Edited out*

.....but, as the military say, hope is seldom a good plan.

Edited by Scott
Edited out

Another off-topic post. The thread is about out LGBT Olympic medalists. Their opinions are relevant and your opinions of them are relevant. Your opinion of other posters isn't relevant.