Guys Who Cannot Manage To Get Any Relationship In Thailand

drronnie

Relationships are for sale here either short time, time share, or mortgage variety. Any freak or weirdo will have no problems at all as long as they have the money. The only people who might struggle are those acclimatised to real relationships and have not wiped off their morals and culture from their shoes at immigration when they enter the country.

Very sad to say but 100% correct. There are ofcourse always exeptions to the rule. Make life simple, just flash the cash and get on with it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relationships are for sale here either short time, time share, or mortgage variety. Any freak or weirdo will have no problems at all as long as they have the money. The only people who might struggle are those acclimatised to real relationships and have not wiped off their morals and culture from their shoes at immigration when they enter the country.

Very sad to say but 100% correct. There are ofcourse always exeptions to the rule. Make life simple, just flash the cash and get on with it.

I don't have any hang-ups about providing the cash, ie the breadwinner. My Thai partner chooses to spend most of her time at home, ie the homemaker. What is so different with this arrangement than a traditional falang relationship. Even present day there are westen women who choose to stay home, do housework and rear the kids, but if you have that arrangement in Thailand, it's "she's only with him for the money".

• Like 2

I love it, people trying to justify the relationship they have lol

Pure comedians here.

My wife and I built what we have together, failed once and were both stone broke in Sydney, got our shit together and have done a great job since.

What are you trying to justify? You are obviously trying to make some kind of point, just don't know what it is. I can't see any posts where anybody is trying to justify anything.

Edited by giddyup

I don't have any hang-ups about providing the cash, ie the breadwinner. My Thai partner chooses to spend most of her time at home, ie the homemaker. What is so different with this arrangement than a traditional falang relationship. Even present day there are westen women who choose to stay home, do housework and rear the kids, but if you have that arrangement in Thailand, it's "she's only with him for the money".

Why would you give a monkey's what they think? If you know it's not because of the money, then that's all that matters.

Of course, if your partner's 40 years your junior, you're delusional if you think money plays no part laugh.png

Why would you give a monkey's what they think? If you know it's not because of the money, then that's all that matters.

Of course, if your partner's 40 years your junior, you're delusional if you think money plays no part laugh.png

Who said I cared? We're just chatting here. My partner is 20 years younger than me, the same age difference as when I had a falang wife.

There is a saying that men who were not able to get into a realtionship in their home countries will not be able to get a relationship here either. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that this would be incorrect, based on personal experience.

I would say it's correct with some. I knew a few guys who are just complete half wits who can't even maintain friends, let alone maintain a relationship. I have seen some really screwed up people here.

I believe that, but it seems hard to make the sweeping generalizations that I see in some posts in this topic. Note the the original post didn't go into any of that, it just stated that men who were not able to get into a relationship in their home countries will not be able to get one here either. It didn't single out complete halfwits who can't even maintain friends specifically, just everyone. That can't be accurate.

I was never in a relationship back home, but have been almost continuously in Thailand.

I've been in a continuous relationship for the past 35 years (excluding the changeover periods which added to less than six months in total). I think that clearly proves that even complete halfwits can have lasting relationships both in their home countries and in Thailand.

• Like 2

True to a degree. What begins the arguement though is when the female is a fit good looking girl half the age of her old fat bloke, with an even fatter wallet, that she 'luv too much." Thats why people don't buy it and who can blame them. And who can blame the girl for choosing this over poverty but please don't call it love.

True to a degree. What begins the arguement though is when the female is a fit good looking girl half the age of her old fat bloke, with an even fatter wallet, that she 'luv too much." Thats why people don't buy it and who can blame them. And who can blame the girl for choosing this over poverty but please don't call it love.

Why not call it love? Who is the grand arbitrator of the meaning of love? You? My young wife is at work on an oil rig. I'm at home doing the laundry. Why would I do the laundry? Love my good man. Why else? Well that and I don't want pink underwear again!

I don't have any hang-ups about providing the cash, ie the breadwinner. My Thai partner chooses to spend most of her time at home, ie the homemaker. What is so different with this arrangement than a traditional falang relationship.

Here's what so different: in a farang relationship, you don't pay the farang wife a "salary" over and above the household expenses or support her parents or build her parents a new house as seems often the case in a relationship w/ a Thai.

I don't have any hang-ups about providing the cash, ie the breadwinner. My Thai partner chooses to spend most of her time at home, ie the homemaker. What is so different with this arrangement than a traditional falang relationship.

Here's what so different: in a farang relationship, you don't pay the farang wife a "salary" over and above the household expenses or support her parents or build her parents a new house as seems often the case in a relationship w/ a Thai.

Speak for yourself, I don't do any of that. I'm not sure why falangs fall for supporting the whole family, building houses etc, it all seems like such a con to me, and yet they continue to do it.

Just wish to mention..that ive noticed that some men who come here (i guess based on their interactions with women here?)..seem to have completely forgotten how to talk to "normal" women (Maybe they didnt know in the first place..i dont know!)

Some think its appropriate to talk to women like they are all bargirls or slightly retarded or something. Ive even had the experience myself...and end up a bit bug eyed at what im experiencing. Im always polite, but i feel rather stunned afterwards.

Or some have completely lost the art of conversation (if they had it). Maybe with communication barriers they are used to just waffling on to an audience of one, and you may as well be a brick wall. Me and I and i and me and this and that..and im expected to only listen. Any attempt to interact is futile, so i make my excuses and leave.

Just something ive noticed. No idea if guys were like this BEFORE they arrived, or became that way after.

Edited by eek
  • Like 2

Just wish to mention..that ive noticed that some men who come here (i guess based on their interactions with women here?)..seem to have completely forgotten how to talk to "normal" women (Maybe they didnt know in the first place..i dont know!)

Some think its appropriate to talk to women like they are all bargirls or slightly retarded or something. Ive even had the experience myself...and end up a bit bug eyed at what im experiencing. Im always polite, but i feel rather stunned afterwards.

Or some have completely lost the art of conversation (if they had it). Maybe with communication barriers they are used to just waffling on to an audience of one, and you may as well be a brick wall. Me and I and i and me and this and that..and im expected to only listen. Any attempt to interact is futile, so i make my excuses and leave.

Just something ive noticed. No idea if guys were like this BEFORE they arrived, or became that way after.

I do find myself talking to a lot of Thai women in a kind of abbreviated English. You tend to discard superfluous word like the, and, to etc. Thais don't have the equivalent words in their own language I believe.

I do find myself talking to a lot of Thai women in a kind of abbreviated English. You tend to discard superfluous word like the, and, to etc. Thais don't have the equivalent words in their own language I believe.

I don't often agree with giddyup.. might even be a first.. (must hang myself later on). But i too speak less complicated English with Thai woman. It depends of course on her command of the language. In many cases i just speak Thai knowing my understanding is better as her understanding of English. (plus i love the practice).

I think there is probably a substantive difference between that and what I think eek was trying to say. I presume you dont also speak to other farang like that?

I think there is probably a substantive difference between that and what I think eek was trying to say. I presume you dont also speak to other farang like that?

You're correct. I think he was trying to say that some falang just have a problem conversing with any woman. I was just pointing out that I do limit my vocabulary when talking with a lot of Thai women. No, I don't speak to other falang the same way. Why would I?

You're correct. I think he was trying to say that some falang just have a problem conversing with any woman. I was just pointing out that I do limit my vocabulary when talking with a lot of Thai women. No, I don't speak to other falang the same way. Why would I?

I think "he" is a she smile.png

Speak for yourself, I don't do any of that. I'm not sure why falangs fall for supporting the whole family, building houses etc, it all seems like such a con to me, and yet they continue to do it.

would you want to see your grandparents live in squalor in your own country? if you had millions there and they had little?

yes, if your married they are your relatives now.

would you want to see your grandparents live in squalor in your own country? if you had millions there and they had little?

I don't agree.. married my wife alone nobody else. The more you pay the more it might be a financial relationship instead of a real one. They lived like this before you and they can live without you. If its something urgent like hospital care its a different story.

• Like 2

No, I'm sorry, I didn't sign on for supporting half a village. Too many falang fall into that trap of building houses, buying motorbikes etc purely because the Thais see us as cash cows. When I visit my ladies family in the village I take plenty of food and booze but that's the limit of my generosity.

True enough but you have to consider the factthat many foreign men come here because past years in farangland has told them they have no chance finding a lady. Maybe they never did reallt understand how to speak to women. Whereas here it is relatively easy, just open the wallet, and as long as one stays aware of the reality that it cheque book love then no problem

But if both parties are happy with the situation and it works then good luck to them Its not as if they are harming anyone

I used to get all tongue tied when I was 15....especially if there were long legs and short skirts in evidence. tongue.png

Some good advice there gents....<deleted>.....and listen.....I find it gives me more time to drink beer as well....win win all round! biggrin.png

I used to get all tongue tied when I was 15....especially if there were long legs and short skirts in evidence. tongue.png

Some good advice there gents....<deleted>.....and listen.....I find it gives me more time to drink beer as well....win win all round! biggrin.png

Haha! Well for me, and i think for most women (generally speaking, and i think this is cross-cultures), certain things will always be staple winners for us: Gentlemanly behaviour (no, it doesnt mean being a pushover or not manly!), taking care of himself (that doesnt mean heading down the gym either, just means looking like you respect yourself..ie..being clean for starters helps!), having an ability to communicate (which means listening skills too! ..and not just "yes luv" whilst reading the paper lol)..and one big one...an ability to make us smile and laugh! Then its just down to chemistry (or any other thing that a woman places as a priority i suppose).

There is more to attraction than looks.

There is more to attraction than money!

But yes, both can get you company..just depends whether you would be ok with the superficiality of it or not.

As the apparently rather unattractive, but highly successful with women, Voltaire once said "Give me ten minutes to talk away my ugly face and I will bed the Queen of France".

• Like 2

Haha! Well for me, and i think for most women (generally speaking, and i think this is cross-cultures), certain things will always be staple winners for us: Gentlemanly behaviour (no, it doesnt mean being a pushover or not manly!), taking care of himself (that doesnt mean heading down the gym either, just means looking like you respect yourself..ie..being clean for starters helps!), having an ability to communicate (which means listening skills too! ..and not just "yes luv" whilst reading the paper lol)..and one big one...an ability to make us smile and laugh! Then its just down to chemistry (or any other thing that a woman places as a priority i suppose).

There is more to attraction than looks.

There is more to attraction than money!

But yes, both can get you company..just depends whether you would be ok with the superficiality of it or not.

As the apparently rather unattractive, but highly successful with women, Voltaire once said "Give me ten minutes to talk away my ugly face and I will bed the Queen of France".

I'd rather be single then to discuss the latest items on sale in the supermarket and the quality of make up to top it off with a talk about small furry animals.

You mean as a guy you really have to listen to a girl before you can bed her... the horror. It must be illegal or cruel and unusual torture. I am sure there are laws against it int he Hague.

I think water boarding is more humane then to take a guy go shopping with a female.. maybe they should try that on the terrorists... the would cave in in minutes.

You might want to choose your female company differently then robblock...?

95% of my friends are male... and the 5% of the female friends i have, talk about interesting things.

I hate shopping. I dont talk lipstick. I like motorbikes, fitness, sports, computer related subjects..and conversations which expand my brain.

Thats like me saying all men are boring because they only talk about pussy and engine oil. Might try changing your choice of company, then might change your perspective..?

95% of my friends are male... and the 5% of the female friends i have, talk about interesting things.

I hate shopping. I dont talk lipstick. I like motorbikes, fitness, sports, computer related subjects..and conversations which expand my brain.

Thats like me saying all men are boring because they only talk about pussy and engine oil. Might try changing your choice of company, then might change your perspective..?

I was just joking around.. though i do have some problem talking with my mom as those are her topics. The female company i keep is different and i would never have a girl who could only talk about shopping and stuff.

Just like i don't know the first thing about engine oil and cars.

• Like 1

You sound just my type of woman. smile.png

• Like 1