Can Coming To Thailand Make You Bisexual?

thenervoussurgeon

Men who actually self identify as homosexuals are for the MOST part not the slightest bit interested sexually in ladies or ladyboys. Homo means same. Ladyboys present as opposite. Of course there are always exceptions.

What people self identify with is not relevant. Because of an (undue) stigma against being gay people still would often rather not self identify and come out of the closet, but that doesnt change the fact it was and is genetically a bloke.. Is it 'less gay' to go with a fully post op highly successful feminine Kathoey ?? Possibly.. But its still not by most straight guys definition of the issue 100% straight.. So Bisexual probably fits as well as any.

On the topic of self identification.. I remember a TV show, worlds scariest prisons or worlds hardest gangs type of show.. They had this horror of a murderer and rapist explain how he selects his girlfriends inside the prison etc.. When the interviewer asked him if he thought of himself as gay he nearly flipped.. "I am not gay.. They are gay.. I am fuc_king them" etc.. Just because he self identifies that hes 'not gay' doesnt make it true.

Exactly.

Some gay males find masculine males attractive and effeminate males and ladyboys unattractive. Some gay males fine effeminate men attractive and masculine men and ladyboys unattractive. Some gay males find ladyboys attractive and effeminate men and masculine men unattractive. Some find them all attractive. Some find women attractive too, and are therefore bisexual.

It doesn't matter. If the person is physically male and you are attracted to them, you are homosexual (or bi- if you also like people who are physically female).

I think I agree with the above. I know one person who owned a bar in Pattaya. For him lady boys were a gateway experience. He went from lady boys to fem boys to foot ball players. He said he could have never made the jump from girls to foot ball players.

From my experience with lady boy food stall vendors I would say that lady boys can look feminine or not when nude especially if not in a tourist area. A lot of the lady boys from outside of tourist areas don't shave their legs. And they have real hairy legs. Looks odd in a mini skirt. But that's just me I guess.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I'll throw into this.

I am a professional male, I am 50, I am living in TH full time and have been for a while. I first started dating ladyboys back home, and then when I moved to Asia, started dating them full time. its been 15 years now since I jumped that fence. I have been in several long term relationships with both Pinay and Thai ladyboys. These relationships have lasted several years a couple of times. I am in a long term relationship with one now. I don't hide the fact, its no secret amongst friends, family or collegues. It is rarely (and I do mean rarely) commented on where I live. I am led to believe I am a valued member of my community.

I hope you agree I have the credentials to have a vague idea of an answer to the OP's question:

I believe your friend probably has been exposed to Ladyboys either in the flesh or on the internet back home. I think it excited him. I think he most likely came here with the intent of living the dream. I don't believe Thailand turned him gay. I think the internet probably opened his eyes to possibilities he found exciting. You cannot turn someone gay. They is or they isn't.

I don't see men who love ladyboys as being gay... We like women. We love ladyboys. We do NOT find men sexually exciting or lust for them. We like ladyboys, no more, no less.

We genuinely LOVE and adore the beauty and elegance of women. The sexual side is a side bar (huh!) if you will. We are attracted to some of the most beautiful looking girls in the world. The sexual side might be a thrill for the short time player on a hedonistic road trip, but long term the sexuality of it all becomes the norm. Not to say unexciting, but no different for a regular guy making love to his regular girl.

Let me make it clear to all you homophobes: Guys like me don't want to hump you. Nor for that matter do gay guys. You are safe. Let me put it this way: if you are not getting young gorgeous girls knocking down your door trying to hump you for free, don't expect gays, girls or ladyboys to do so either.

clap2.gif

Amazed at the number of responses in such a short period of time..It has been perhaps the most responses I have seen reading this forum more then 5 years....

Shows me it is a super Topic with many interested in this subject...

• Like 1

This sudden apparent "swing" in sexual orientation is a pretty common "scare" that many guys go through after their first visit to Thailand. I appreciate the question that is the subject of this thread. The subject is often under question. What really happens is not a homosexual thing at all. Note here that the boys are passing themselves off as girls (not the other way around) and their sartorial make-up, their physical features and the way they carry themselves, are all so completely and artistically successful that guys get attracted by the feminine characteristics. Pretty simple when you analyse but the first few times it happens one gets so completely swept off his feet that he vibes well with the signals he receives. This is true for guys who keep their horizons open rather than shut themselves up in conventional labels and identities.

Edited by HereIAm

So many men here trying to justify their sexual orientation. Too funny.

Coming to Thailand may not make you a bisexual, but as evidenced by this thread, it confuses you as to just what your sexual orientation is.

Getting back to basics, if a "person" has a Y chromosome, it's a male human. Doesn't matter if it's wearing a frock, has fake tits and has had it's junk removed, it's still a bloke.

• Like 1

Amazed at the number of responses in such a short period of time..It has been perhaps the most responses I have seen reading this forum more then 5 years....

Probably more likely it's the number of blokes who fancy tagging ladyboys and are trying to justify their position in the he-man-woman-haters-club. tongue.png

So a random (though in the majority) self-identified gay is not attracted to a male person( with a male body +/- breasts) because the ladyboy presents and acts female. But will be male when naked......

You're way behind the times. A ladyboy will not be male when naked. Apart from the penis, they will appear female. Do you have any idea of how many surgical and non-surgical procedures are available to transsexuals these days... apart from the female hormones they have at their disposal.

You struggled in biology didn't you ?

• Like 1

I find it amusing how both straight and gay guys want to "disown" anyone who sleeps with ladyboys as not one of their own. However, having been friends with a number of ladyboys, I find that the guys they usually attract consider themselves "straight". And according to the rules that straight people have laid out for us (us being homosexuals), we are not supposed to question anyone's sexuality if they call themself straight. ;)

It's interesting though how a gay boy can be super fem, basically acting like a woman but still wearing boys clothing, and get lots of gay bfs. But as soon as they put on a wig and a dress - gay boys are turned off like a light switch!

• Like 1

"Ladyboys" is merely a slang used by foreigners in Thailand to denote transsexuals.

So now I wonder what's the big deal then? As for those transsexuals, who were wrongly born male are not ladyboys, they are females. But when farungs say ladyboys, they mean a person with female breasts and male genitalia.

I find it amusing how both straight and gay guys want to "disown" anyone who sleeps with ladyboys as not one of their own. However, having been friends with a number of ladyboys, I find that the guys they usually attract consider themselves "straight". And according to the rules that straight people have laid out for us (us being homosexuals), we are not supposed to question anyone's sexuality if they call themself straight. wink.png

That's where you start to wonder who's the bigger homophobe here. ;) On the other hand, it shows us that as much as some minorities strive to stand out, in reality we're all the same. You'll find nice people, as well as idiots on both sides of the fence.

The girl in the docu is transsexual. She is a woman, she's undergone surgery. And btw, they can have different sexual orientations.

quite right ,

i was a strait gay , until i came to thailand .

love hurts , whatever your gender.

i should know,coffee1.gif

So a random (though in the majority) self-identified gay is not attracted to a male person( with a male body +/- breasts) because the ladyboy presents and acts female. But will be male when naked......

You're way behind the times. A ladyboy will not be male when naked. Apart from the penis, they will appear female. Do you have any idea of how many surgical and non-surgical procedures are available to transsexuals these days... apart from the female hormones they have at their disposal.

You struggled in biology didn't you ?

I think if all one looked at was lady boys on stage especially at the shows in Pattaya one would truly think they were feminine when nude. However in real life lady boys go through stages of change that may be driven by finances or other reasons. At first they are guys in a dress. But if one does not know much about the genre one would not know that.

• Like 1

He's attracted to the female imagery, but has a fascination for the bit exta.. Not fully gay or straight, but not bisexual in the conventional meaning of the word.

I suspect it's something he always had a fascination for but hadn't explored previously. I guess we all have our little fantasies/perversions and now he's exploring his.

Men who actually self identify as homosexuals are for the MOST part not the slightest bit interested sexually in ladies or ladyboys. Homo means same. Ladyboys present as opposite. Of course there are always exceptions.

What people self identify with is not relevant. Because of an (undue) stigma against being gay people still would often rather not self identify and come out of the closet, but that doesnt change the fact it was and is genetically a bloke.. Is it 'less gay' to go with a fully post op highly successful feminine Kathoey ?? Possibly.. But its still not by most straight guys definition of the issue 100% straight.. So Bisexual probably fits as well as any.

On the topic of self identification.. I remember a TV show, worlds scariest prisons or worlds hardest gangs type of show.. They had this horror of a murderer and rapist explain how he selects his girlfriends inside the prison etc.. When the interviewer asked him if he thought of himself as gay he nearly flipped.. "I am not gay.. They are gay.. I am fuc_king them" etc.. Just because he self identifies that hes 'not gay' doesnt make it true.

Exactly.

Some gay males find masculine males attractive and effeminate males and ladyboys unattractive. Some gay males fine effeminate men attractive and masculine men and ladyboys unattractive. Some gay males find ladyboys attractive and effeminate men and masculine men unattractive. Some find them all attractive. Some find women attractive too, and are therefore bisexual.

It doesn't matter. If the person is physically male and you are attracted to them, you are homosexual (or bi- if you also like people who are physically female).

It doesn't matter ? So, going by your logic, if an otherwise straight guy gets attracted to a pre-op Ladyboy (physically male notwithstanding her silicone implant breasts) you would label him a homosexual. And if he also gets attracted to a post-op Ladyboy (physically female) then you would label him bisexual. But he is not attracted to guys at all, in the first place, so where do you go with your homosexual definition ?

Your surprised!! count me in ,i dont post threads often ,although the ones i do seem to get quite a few responses,but this ,it was just a straight(excuse the pun) question and i thought a few would answer and then it would die.

I know lots of ladyboys. All of them self identify as female. I also know alot of gay men in Thailand, they do not consider ladyboys as gay.

Ladyboys that I know also prefer (straight) men not gay men.

Speaking of stereotypes what is the difference between a lady boy and a fem boy? The shoes?

• Like 1

90 percent of the so called "Straight men' I've seen on border runs to Laos I've seen drunk stumbling back to there rooms with a lady boy on there arm. You must have been one of those 'Straight men' still decieving yourself you are a fellow heterosexual attracted to women while forgetting the beast beneath the beauty. lol

Coming to Thailand may not make you a bisexual, but as evidenced by this thread, it confuses you as to just what your sexual orientation is.

Getting back to basics, if a "person" has a Y chromosome, it's a male human. Doesn't matter if it's wearing a frock, has fake tits and has had it's junk removed, it's still a bloke.

So, if a male dresses up and acts like a female and so completely fools another "straight" guy that he gets the hots for the former, would you define the fooled guy as a homosexual just because he got attracted to a person with a Y chromosome ??

All this analysis misses the basic point that sexual orientation is all in the mind and the psyche. If a person is getting attracted by the feminine characteristics of the LB it is not a homosexual thing at all (not that being homosexual is a thing to be abhorred or be frightened of).

• Like 1

Attraction of a straight man to a ladyboy is generally heterosexual. Doesn't make him bisexual.

lets all stop beating about the bush - or NOT as the case may be! - simple facts, if a man wants sex with other men he is either gay or bisexual.. up to him, don't make him a bad feller or anything, but let's not all get very wise and thoroughly modern-millie sounding, making out its something its not, ie: totally heterosexual.. each to their own, but some things just are what they are...

Edited by spectrumisgreen
  • Like 2

Your surprised!! count me in ,i dont post threads often ,although the ones i do seem to get quite a few responses,but this ,it was just a straight(excuse the pun) question and i thought a few would answer and then it would die.

Well done. This thread truly has gone viral. The only threads I've seen to beat it are "changes to visa rules" threads.

So, if a male dresses up and acts like a female and so completely fools another "straight" guy that he gets the hots for the former, would you define the fooled guy as a homosexual just because he got attracted to a person with a Y chromosome ??

All this analysis misses the basic point that sexual orientation is all in the mind and the psyche. If a person is getting attracted by the feminine characteristics of the LB it is not a homosexual thing at all (not that being homosexual is a thing to be abhorred or be frightened of).

If you get fooled you get fooled, simple as, in whatever way.. sexually or maybe just in believing how much your tuk-tuk's going to be.. except if you get fooled sexually, say by a lady-boy, it IS going to come down to whether your mates believe if and when you discovered the subterfuge and what was your REAL ('manly' or otherwise) reaction to it... words and phrases like 'abhorred' or frightened of' don't help when you're trying to 'live things down' in reality, sadly!!!

Exactly.

It doesn't matter ? So, going by your logic, if an otherwise straight guy gets attracted to a pre-op Ladyboy (physically male notwithstanding her silicone implant breasts) you would label him a homosexual. And if he also gets attracted to a post-op Ladyboy (physically female) then you would label him bisexual. But he is not attracted to guys at all, in the first place, so where do you go with your homosexual definition ?

He is attracted to men that dress as women = gay. He is attracted to transexuals... honestly I don't know about that. So either gay or bi.