Would You Pay 1 Dollar A Month To Still Use Facebook?

george

Would you pay 1 dollar a month to still use facebook?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course not, I'm silly, but not that stupid!

Would I pay to be on ThaiVisa forum, no.

Would I pay for an e-mail service if there was a free service, no.

Do I pay for newspapers, no.

Remember what happened to Trink when he set up a pay site?

Come to think of it, it would be a good thing if I had to pay for the forums I use, as I'd have a lot more time to do stuff that's probably more useful than "chatting" to people I don't know, and never will.

It's a bit addictive though........................

A few years ago george tried putting a class of users who had paid memberships and got less ads. I think he got a few but not many. People would be more willing to pay for this forum than Facebook but maybe only one in 1000.

Of course not, I'm silly, but not that stupid!

Would I pay to be on ThaiVisa forum, no.

Would I pay for an e-mail service if there was a free service, no.

Do I pay for newspapers, no.

Remember what happened to Trink when he set up a pay site?

Come to think of it, it would be a good thing if I had to pay for the forums I use, as I'd have a lot more time to do stuff that's probably more useful than "chatting" to people I don't know, and never will.

It's a bit addictive though........................

Payment would be OK, if there would be any value extra service.

Some newspapers tried to have some premium content which costs extra....What I got told, it isn't accepted well. Or you can look back in the archive. But that might also interest only a minority of people.

I can't think of any extra service that is worth the money.

I would pay someone a dollar a month (even several dollars) to find a way to stop this facebook icon thingy (and twitter and etc.) loading every time I log on to some internet page, and littering my screen everywhere I visit.

yeah like a plug in for the browser to get rid of it....I would also pay something to purchase that.

Not only no - I would recommend you stop using it.

Look from day one - has anything at facebook gone down without a scam. Facebook is a virus and while it is still voluntary to use (for now) it is also getting into everything we all do.

Check out the new face image in stores they are a big part of and funding. Yep they are going to link your face (your real face) and facebook info and track you from one store to another as well as everywhere on the internet as they do now or try anyway. When you walk in the door your cards are also scanned for number of, type, and balance available. Your buying history will be the property of facebook as well as your email and everything you gave them willing or not - every image - every bit of family information - everything. Think of all the things other people post about you on facebook that becomes their property even if you don't use it - images - location - current work place - past work places. It is not just up to you what happens on facebook. Stores are willing to pay to have them do this to improve the information the already pay them for.

Was on Bloomberg today. The decal on the camera looks like a facebook label, but they said it would be changed or maybe not even seen. This is not tin foil hat stuff boys and girls - it is the only source of real income facebook has and as you can see they have been doing pretty good - so they plan on getting better. Information from the payment system they would use to collect it is worth more to them then the dollar you would be paying.

Yes.. Im sure I would pay 31baht to be able to "talk" to my friends and famiy all over the world...

Most of your friends might no pay, so you wouldn't be able to talk them even if you paid. Facebook would quickly fall apart if they started making people pay. Mot people wouldn't pay and then they one that paid would soon stop once they realised that most of their friends had moved on. Paying doesn't work for things like facebook.

I would, and I doubt many would stop for the sake of a dollar per month (1 baht per day). It would also be a good way of weeding out the fake accounts.

The extra revenue raised would far outweigh any lost advertising revenue (which anyway would be negated by increased credibility of the number of users).

I think it is a no brainer for Facebook.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Yes.. Im sure I would pay 31baht to be able to "talk" to my friends and famiy all over the world...

Most of your friends might no pay, so you wouldn't be able to talk them even if you paid. Facebook would quickly fall apart if they started making people pay. Mot people wouldn't pay and then they one that paid would soon stop once they realised that most of their friends had moved on. Paying doesn't work for things like facebook.

Charging a dollar sounds like a good way to make Facebook stock go down even more due to lost members....it's only down approx 50% since its IPO a few months ago.

Facebook makes people dependent on the site first. Soon in 1 way or the other they will charge the customers as well. It's similar like crack cocaine/herion dealers. Once i while, to attract new customers, or when business is slow they will off free HITS to get the users more addicted and therefore more dependable.

It will happen, any thoughts?