I Don'T Want To Be Eaten By Tigers

finy

What park did you intend on camping in? There was an article last year about a study regarding increasing tiger population at Thap Lan national park confirming 8 tigers with estimates of 20-50 because they had only looked at a small part of park.

seems with all the hazards unless you are well prepared a hotel would be best option, lock your self in for a week.

On another note, If you are writing content for a book in the jungle you would be using a pen and paper, not a laptop,ipad etc... that's weird lol!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Kao Yai national park for camping many years ago, it was safe (as I still alive), nature, quiet in the day and night (good for writing a book), didn't see any tiger , there is a service car with a cage that drive around to look wild animals at night.

In Chiang Mai, you can go to Kaeng Krachan national park, Namnhow, Doi Inthanon,... didn't here about tiger in these area, it is good for camping and writing.

Wow ... looks awful. ! I must have been lucky ... or sour. : )

edited to say ... i think that is a bit rude that the OP doesn't reply. !

If you're serious about spending a week in the jungles of Thailand, then you really need to realize that tigers are the least of your worries. I'd highly recommend that you refrain from putting yourself in this position unless you have a local guide and the proper equipment! Let this photo of my foot, taken after a 20 minute jungle trek on a relatively well-beaten path in a popular Thai national park, be a warning to you! I was indeed wearing sturdy shoes, and was with locals who I falsely assumed would be aware of such things since they'd been there a few times before (turns out they just drive around on the roads and get out at the super touristy points to take photos!) If you're not completely prepared, you'll be slowly eaten alive by leeches, mosquitos, ants and centipedes.

Edited by Judecalling

Wow ... looks awful. ! I must have been lucky ... or sour. : )

edited to say ... i think that is a bit rude that the OP doesn't reply. !

If you're serious about spending a week in the jungles of Thailand, then you really need to realize that tigers are the least of your worries. I'd highly recommend that you refrain from putting yourself in this position unless you have a local guide and the proper equipment! Let this photo of my foot, taken after a 20 minute jungle trek on a relatively well-beaten path in a popular Thai national park, be a warning to you! I was indeed wearing sturdy shoes, and was with locals who I falsely assumed would be aware of such things since they'd been there a few times before (turns out they just drive around on the roads and get out at the super touristy points to take photos!) If you're not completely prepared, you'll be slowly eaten alive by leeches, mosquitos, ants and centipedes.

I'm guessing we've lost him in a small peppery pile of tuger poop with bells in it, and a backwards facing facemask....

SC

Sri Racha tiger zoo, Dusit zoo and Khao Kiow open zoo. Erm apart from that.......

Over 80 percent of the wild tigers LEFT in thailand are found in the Huay Kha Khaeng forest reserve that connects with Burma.

THATS YOUR REAL ANSWER OP, good luck on your nomadic quest and wear a mosquito net!