Are Open Land Atms A Security Risk?

hello!

I only See in Thailand ATMs standing in the middle of the street, I visit many other country's and always the ATM is inside the wall!

In Thai online news I also read that many time happen , that criminals take the hole ATM away with a iron rope and a pickup car, In the most case succsessfully!

Here in my country , the bank begin to move outside wall ATMs ,inside the bank with key card access!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

This is not Europe. Such crime is very unusual here and normally not successful. Suspect you have been reading too many stories of Foreigners here and there less than expert exploits at such activity. As for ATM's in the middle of the street have not come across any of them yet. But am sure the biggest danger would be getting to them.

This is not Europe. Such crime is very unusual here and normally not successful. Suspect you have been reading too many stories of Foreigners here and there less than expert exploits at such activity. As for ATM's in the middle of the street have not come across any of them yet. But am sure the biggest danger would be getting to them.

perhaps they end up "in the middle of the street" after they have tried to take it away and it has all gone Pete Tong!