Weapons ?

ishan14

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do what you have to do to have a firm, house, car, kwai... put it in your wife's name. Search the threads here - quite a lot of details on it. It is possible but it involves things like a letter from your embassy stating why you need one.

Edited by Pseudolus

OP if you feel it is so unsafe here, that you need to carry a weapon, you are in the wrong country,

It's not that i feel unsafe here or something but i was just wondering what are the laws in thailand for possession of a firearm.

BTW I think it can be helpful in case some armed thief breaks into one's house by any chance. just sayin'

Guns should be illegal to own ANYWHERE!

"You see, it is logically inconsistent that we should live in a world where guns just go off willy nilly of their own volition, and yet, my dishwasher has never once spontaneously done the dishes."
Edited by Shot

Bit harsh on the recent Olympics medalists don't you think? Guns don't kill. The people behind them do.

But it becomes a bit of a skewed selection of people when we consider who it is that actually wants to own guns with the end result that a lot of people behind guns do actually go out and kill people.

• Like 1

"You see, it is logically inconsistent that we should live in a world where guns just go off willy nilly of their own volition, and yet, my dishwasher has never once spontaneously done the dishes."

I use a similar statement when someone tells me motorbikes are dangerous, it's on the lines of, I stood next to one for an hour and it never bit me smile.png

People who have guns tend to get shot more than people without guns. You want my wallet and you have a gun, you can have it. I have a gun and we have a firefight, someone gets shot.

I am no left wing anti gun nut, carried one in my job, happy not to carry one now. Jim

• Like 2

But it becomes a bit of a skewed selection of people when we consider who it is that actually wants to own guns with the end result that a lot of people behind guns do actually go out and kill people.

Agree

most are gun toting weirdos. They should have a couple of questions on the license application

1) Have you ever bought a copy of Guns n Ammo?

2) When was the last time you took a picture of yourself with a gun / how soon after buying a gun will you?

this would pretty much filter out the whackos.

Interesting to note, in turns of Knife crimes causing death, Thailand is 5th in the world, narrowly beating the USA into 6th.

I've owned shot guns for shooting clays most of my life prior to leaving the UK - never occurred to me to get a gun out just because someone dissed me, made me lose face, cut me up whilst driving, looked at me funny. Maybe there is something in the cliche after all.

When you look at some of the "items" freely available in Thailand a gun should be the last of your worries.

Personally, I would rather be shot than hacked to death with a machete.

I can also think of some that I would like to hack to death rather than shoot.....lol...only joking guys....go easy.

Someones bound to comment now on bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Edited by CharlieH

When you look at some of the "items" freely available in Thailand a gun should be the last of your worries.

Personally, I would rather be shot than hacked to death with a machete.

I can also think of some that I would like to hack to death rather than shoot.....lol...only joking guys....go easy.

Someones bound to comment now on bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Simple answer then - ban people.

• Like 1

I have never owned a gun or wanted one, only ever fired airguns in the fairground, I thought people who liked them were tiny dicked weirdos. Now I live up a mountain in the jungle and I think a gun in the house may not be such a bad idea after all.

I have never owned a gun or wanted one, only ever fired airguns in the fairground, I thought people who liked them were tiny dicked weirdos. Now I live up a mountain in the jungle and I think a gun in the house may not be such a bad idea after all.

Live in the jungle, Lao land border, family and village have guns. You can not compete with a 9 mil glock against an AK 47 or a M 14. better to let them take than, die for a TV and some money.

Believe me they will take and run, rather than kill and if you carry, killing will happen.

If they are just sneak thieves, no guns, get a baseball bat or a good dog.

You never want to wake up hear a noise, grab a gun half asleep and shoot a 12 year old. Jim

• Like 1

I don't feel I need a gun, but do have a machete close but.

anything going down will either be a close quarter struggle in the house, or will move outside which would be hiding in jungle type foliage in the dark neither situation would be conductive to using a gun and shooting blindly, so I keep my little friend nearby just in case someone is blocking my exit or I need to cut a new path to the street.

say hi to my little friend you d***s

btw - my friends handle comes off and has a knife stabbing end in addition to the usual slashing end, useful if someone was really close or on top of me.

Edited by jacktrip

btw - my friends handle comes off and has a knife stabbing end in addition to the usual slashing end, useful if someone was really close or on top of me.

If you take the handle off how do you hold it when you're stabbing someone?

If you take the handle off how do you hold it when you're stabbing someone?

Good question. smile.png