Cbr250R 12,000 Km Service In Hua Hin?

pocketsize

the thai service involves changing the oil and thats about it in my experience

Honda dealerships I have been to do more than that...and they are cheaper than Somchais garages....

I would have to agree. I have certainly always had more done than just changing the oil. And like was said, cheaper.

A moot point since you have already serviced your bike but...

I've tried a few different Honda dealers in Hua Hin and have found that the one next to Esso is the best. There is one manager or service man there that speaks English. Even though the Honda dealer does to a very good job servicing your ride (per your service book manual that you should always bring), sometime it's best to talk with the English speaking manger and let him know that you would like them to perform an extra service inspection and change any/all fluids that are required for the mileage and MORE on your ride. Myself I have a tendency to ride long, fast and hard (no homo) and really give my bike a beating. So every time I go in for service (earlier then the recommended service schedule) I ask them to change all fluid even if the manual does not state that it is required. (engine oil, gear oil, etc..) I also ask for them to do an extra safety inspection across the entire bike (Safety First) . At first I received a little bit of a strange look and

Attitude but after explaining to them how hard I treat my bike they understood. (i.e. riding from Hua Hun to Chiang Rai and back // Hua Hin to Trat and Back)

A good smile, respect and a little cash goes a long way as well to make sure everything is done to your liking. thumbsup.gif

-BB-

• 2 weeks later...

One thing you might want to consider is that most of the official Honda garages are rather inept when it comes to servicing a bike. I've used both Honda Cha-am (the big one) and the Honda garage here near Esso on the main road, to service a CBR150 and now a brand new CBR250. EVERY time i that I or other friends go to Honda, they put way too much air in the tyres, and try to tighten the chain to almost dangerously tight levels. A word of warning - NEVER let Honda do your chain or tyres without watching them and making sure they get it right.

Last month, I took my new CBR250 to Cha-am for an 800 km oil change (using semi-synthetic oil, not the cheap cr*p that it comes with - the same they use on Clicks!) - the measure was supposed to be 1.4 litres when it's done with a filter change or 1.2 litres otherwsie. So, off I went and got it done. I drove back to Hua HIn and realised when I got here that it was leaking oil - turns out they had forgotten to tighten the screws properly on the oil filter gasket and had actually overfilled the oil - so much so that even after pouring out all over the bike and back tyre (extremely dangerous considering the speed I was doing!) for 25kilometres, the level of oil was actually OK even though lots had leaked out! I had to go back to the Honda near Esso in Hua HInand spend yet more cash to replace the oil filter gasket and make sure it was all sealed. Actually they did a good job and the problem was fixed, but I was livid with Honda Cha-am. How is it possible to f*** up changing the oil on a brand new bike...Unbelievable.

In the next incident last week, having thought the dealer on the main road was actually ok, I ordered a replacement black windscreen for the CBR (to replace the clear one it comes with) - I had it fitted which involved taking off most of the front body panels and headlight assembly. After 45 minutes it was all done, but knowing how incompetent Honda garages can be, I carefully checked everything afterwards when I got home, and sure enough there was a noticeable gap around the front light on the left side - one of the tongues/grooves on the panel was not aligned with a slot on the bike near the light, so I had to go back to the Honda garage again. The mechanic loosed some body panels and tried to force it together, but it snapped off completely - but he just tightened everything up and said it was fine - actually it does look fine and doesn't really need anything doing, but I made them agree to replace the part (a small silver panel) am now waiting for it on order (6 days already even though they said 3 or 4)...so another trip back to Honda imminently to take the whole front off again to replace a panel that doesn't quite fit around the light!

When they were fitting the parts, I couldn't believe how unprofessional they are - screws placed on the floor, parts of the bike all over the place, and the staff not taking care to avoid scratching or damaging the bike - I noticed one or two small scratches after the procedure.....I could hardly bear to watch.. I don't think the Honda mechanics have ANY training on the new models unlike trained mechanics back home who would need to be certified to repair each bike model.

A friend of mine runs a motorbike rental shop (one in Hua Hin and one in Cha-am), and used to race bikes for a living. He NEVER lets Honda mess with the chain or tyres, simply because he's experienced so many mishaps and mistakes. If I were you I would find a very reliable and professional mechanic and not take the bike to any Honda dealer. Otherwise, contact Alan at Cha-am rentals and ask him to organise your bike maintenance, which is a much better option. Oh, and don't use the cheap oil that Honda provide, it's really not good enough for the CBR. I for one am extremely unimpressed with Honda in Hua Hin and Cha-am...

Anyway, the CBR 250R I have in black (with black windscreen) goes like hell and drives brilliantly, so it was a great purchase and I'm enjoying driving it most days. However, Honda mechanics and garages leave a lot to be desired...