New Kawi Z-800 Leaked From Thailand?

bbradsby

There's an unofficial waiting list at Kawasaki Chiang Mai. The bike is expected soon, they already have that "Pacific Rim" Z800 poster standing around. However, the dealer doesn't know price or available colors on release. Loads of interest, of course...

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's an unofficial waiting list at Kawasaki Chiang Mai. T However, the dealer doesn't know price or available colors on release.

Sounds like a professional outfit. Not.

Not sure what you mean by that.

I think it's plain and clear - they don't know the prices and colors because Kawasaki hasn't told them what those will be. Same for the price. They still offer a waiting list for those who don't mind that. A queue of sorts. I think it's pretty good service.

I've been nothing but pleased with them. Kawasaki Chiang Mai - Saengchai Kawasaki to be precise - is the sole reason I am considering a Z800; if I went with Ducati I have a feeling I'd really miss the excellent service...

• Like 1

Jeez, that was quite the glowing review. Comparing it to the street triple is interesting as that bike costs probably 2x as much over here. Maybe it is better than the Z1000 after all? If it wasn't so incredibly heavy....

• Like 1

I was skeptical of this review, it all sounded too positive, like an advert. But when I watched a few more on Youtube all the reviews were extremely positive. The MCN review (which I tend to trust) also had this bike as a VERY close runner up to the Street Triple in their comparison of the naked middleweights and they had a lot of praise for it. Sounds like a great bike.

• Like 2

There's an unofficial waiting list at Kawasaki Chiang Mai. T However, the dealer doesn't know price or available colors on release.

I think it's plain and clear - they don't know the prices and colors because Kawasaki hasn't told them what those will be. Same for the price. They still offer a waiting list for those who don't mind that. A queue of sorts. I think it's pretty good service.

I've been nothing but pleased with them. Kawasaki Chiang Mai - Saengchai Kawasaki to be precise - is the sole reason I am considering a Z800; if I went with Ducati I have a feeling I'd really miss the excellent service...

I've not been as impressed with Kawasaki CM service, a few reasons have been things like having to wait almost two hours after the appointment time for them to even start working on the bike, rude staff, dual pricing (one for Thai and one for farang), wouldn't allow me to watch when working on the bike and having emails ignored. I emailed and fb messaged the owner recently asking if I could pay a deposit for a Z800 and no reply, with fb message you can see that the recipient has read the message too.

Compared with my first visit to Ducati CM recently I'mmuch happier with Ducati, more expensive but very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Every email was replied to promptly and ok to watch as my bike was serviced with all questions answered. So, depends on price of course, but I'd probably go for a 795 Monster ABS if I was choosing between that and a Z800.

Edited by pastafarian

I think the fact someone within the industry whose job should be to find out stuff like this hasn't got a clue so close to the release date is piss poor.

I think the fact someone within the industry whose job should be to find out stuff like this hasn't got a clue so close to the release date is piss poor.

Why is it necessarily cm kawasakis fault? Maybe they are waiting for government approval? Maybe they need to build depleting inventories? Better to not give a date they can not keep...

I did exactly the same 4 months before the 2012 Ninja 650 was available.

In fact, i actually demanded that Real Motorsport (Bangkok Kawasaki Dealership) should start a generic waiting list for me :D

I slapped down a deposit for a 2012 Ninja 650 and was told if such a bike wasn't available i would get a full refund.

Turns out I was the first to get one and rode my 2012 model back home on December the 21st 2011 :)

• Like 2

I did exactly the same 4 months before the 2012 Ninja 650 was available.

In fact, i actually demanded that Real Motorsport (Bangkok Kawasaki Dealership) should start a generic waiting list for me :D

I slapped down a deposit for a 2012 Ninja 650 and was told if such a bike wasn't available i would get a full refund.

Turns out I was the first to get one and rode my 2012 model back home on December the 21st 2011 :)

I guess you started this whole thing then... exactly the same thing happened for the z800, excited customers demanding a waiting list...

• Like 1

I was skeptical of this review, it all sounded too positive, like an advert. But when I watched a few more on Youtube all the reviews were extremely positive. The MCN review (which I tend to trust) also had this bike as a VERY close runner up to the Street Triple in their comparison of the naked middleweights and they had a lot of praise for it. Sounds like a great bike.

Yeah definitely sounded like an advert... but if its really close to the street triple which is considered a stellar bike then... wow! Might have to start saving...

nikster, how can it be close to a street triple with nearly 50kgs extra?!!!

i will pass this rubber mounted heavy piece of metal although i like its design a lot, especially rear end.

will wait for something else.

Edited by loserlazer2

nikster, how can it be close to a street triple with nearly 50kgs extra?!!!

i will pass this rubber mounted heavy piece of metal although i like its design a lot, especially rear end.

will wait for something else.

I was surprised as well. The weight would put me off in terms of pushing it in and out of parking places in the city (I wouldn't buy this for daily use in BKK) but I'm sure that once you get it up to speed it's an extremely well balanced bike. Weight can be less intrusive if distributed well. The power to weight ratio is still extremely favourable compared to other local options like the er6 and cbr500 range. Did you watch the reviews?

A faired inline 4 650 is much more up my street so I'll be waiting a few more months to see what transpires, but for fans of naked bikes this looks to be a great option compared to the Street Triple at 750k, especially given Kawasaki's service network. I love Street Triple's but no way I'll support the dealers selling them at those prices.

Have to say the recently reduced z1000 looks good as well but until the z800 price is announced then who knows what's the best option?

lol, 50kg but half the price of the street triple.

To be fair, the way the market is moving at the moment you/we might not have too long to wait smile.png

The Z800 costs more than the base street triple in the UK!

The weight put me off too but I happen to think the reviewers who have actually ridden the bike are going to give us a more complete picture than a spec sheet could. Unless they were all paid off but doesn't look to be the case here...

• Like 1

For most the extra weight is irrelevant. Most can not ride a bike like the z800 to its potential....

This is true.

Which is also why for Thailand & not track specific

Would be so nice to have a 50-70 hp sub 130kg /300 lb bike

New I mean,,,,something they decided to build

I know you can basically get this out of a 20 year old bike with all

its accompanying problems.

But something like this would be so much more fun IMHO

This one is 125kg / 275 lbs & makes 70-80 hp

Mototech-KTM-RC4-690R-supermono-01-635x4

Even that is really too much power wise for most of Thailand's back roads

Maybe the RC390

The only drawback on these being they are singles. That is fine but would be so much better as a 2,3,or 4 cylinder

2014-KTM-RC390-race-bike-unveil-15-635x3

I don't have high hopes to see these here or even the USA as the demand is probably quite small.

But sticking with what you said about weight/potential etc.

Bikes that are high performance & "can" be ridden like they were designed to be ridden

are not all that plentiful these days here or elsewhere too actually. You would think with fuel prices

only ever going up there might be a return to such thinking

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Oh it must be getting close & they did say August/September

This just popped up on FB

Looks like a few on the floor now

1094940_511889182214275_1205671197_n.jpg

That looks like a workshop at....Kawasaki Bangkok maybe?

Scratch that, I see it says Rayong factory! rolleyes.gif

Edited by BSJ

Very interesting to see how much Kawasaki will sell them for. Anyone has any insider info?

My guess has always been around the same as the Monster 440k

But a lot of Thai sites keep claiming they think it will be around 390k

I guess we will see soon enough :)

Thai forums say 420,000 but it's going to be anywhere from that price up to 550,000
Personally I can't see it selling for the same price as the current and soon to be discontinued Z1000
I'm guessing 420,000 - 460,000 ;)

• Like 2

Thai forums say 420,000 but it's going to be anywhere from that price up to 550,000

Personally I can't see it selling for the same price as the current and soon to be discontinued Z1000

I'm guessing 420,000 - 460,000 wink.png

See my guess is smack dab in the middle of yours :lol:

• Like 1