Prolific Posters : Who Are They And Why ?

philw

philw, some of us work behind computers during the day and have time to post during work.

How do i get one of those job? Would love to have enough time to surf the internet all day (not hating, am envious). My boss works my tail off with barely a break in the action....

p.s. today is slow haha

Im self employed, so there are times when i dont post and other times i got enough time to post.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am a programmer so I am stuck behind a screen 12 hours a day.

I need a break and come on here or youtube to give my eyes a break.

It's amazing what crap you end up watching on youtube after awhile.

Have you tried StumbleUpon ?

Very addictive. They even feel the need from time to time to send you reminders that it's more than time to go back to work biggrin.png

Posting addicts are to internet forums what PIT TRADERS are to financial markets.

They keep threads moving ... alive and humming. Well, at least for awhile.

post-37101-0-28116800-1346872454_thumb.j

Imagine starting a new forum and having no posting addicts. You'd have to do all the posts yourself!

And pick yourself up for gramatical mistakes

And pick yourself up for factual mistakes

Argue with yourself over petty things

Inward battles with your political inclinations

etc, etc, etc.

If the above were true, you could end up a damaged individual! I think a few current TV members have spent a lot of time on forums as above in their previous lives...........thumbsup.gif

Oh, I don't know - that sounds like fun smile.png!

• Like 1

Well I am a programmer so I am stuck behind a screen 12 hours a day.

I need a break and come on here or youtube to give my eyes a break.

It's amazing what crap you end up watching on youtube after awhile.

Have you tried StumbleUpon ?

Very addictive. They even feel the need from time to time to send you reminders that it's more than time to go back to work biggrin.png

I had stumble as one of my automatic tabs when I opened my browser (4 tabs). I replaced it with reddit and then I replaced that with 'Ted.com' laugh.png

If the Ted video is interesting I cut and paste it to a separate browser and watch it on a split screen

philw, some of us work behind computers during the day and have time to post during work.

How do i get one of those job? Would love to have enough time to surf the internet all day (not hating, am envious). My boss works my tail off with barely a break in the action....

You usually have to be the boss to get one of those jobs. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Posting addicts are to internet forums what PIT TRADERS are to financial markets.

Imagine starting a new forum and having no posting addicts. You'd have to do all the posts yourself!

Yes! and without the prolific posters,creating the "hits" how many Forums would die,in what is a very competitive market.

I reckon they should all be paid bonuses,on results,but don't quote me.smile.png

I think they just do it for love, the amount of hours they put in you have to be dedicated to do it for no reward..............

Yes! and without the prolific posters,creating the "hits" how many Forums would die,in what is a very competitive market.

I reckon they should all be paid bonuses,on results,but don't quote me.smile.png

I think they just do it for love, the amount of hours they put in you have to be dedicated to do it for no reward..............

I agree, we should be paid per post. Not quality - but quantity I say dam_n it. All I ever got was two or three suspensions, 412 warnings, 22 yellow cards and a piece of pizza from a sponsor I organized to chip in with some pizzas at one of our bangkok parties years ago. Even had to buy SBK 3 pints of draft at Soi 8 on a different occasion too.

Nor I the 2nd

Good to see you here samran ... now what have I proved exactly, please someone explain ?

Shouldn't you be on the farming thread?

Should be in the DIY forum under angle grinders

SC

Surely the DIY forum is for w**kers?

It creates a nice interlude between work assignments. Like Soutpeel, I never login when not at work so when I finally retire I am out of here.

I would love to know whether any of those prolific posters are working or retired. If they are working, does their boss know, and if they are not working, haven't they anything better to do?

It creates a nice interlude between work assignments. Like Soutpeel, I never login when not at work so when I finally retire I am out of here.

I would love to know whether any of those prolific posters are working or retired. If they are working, does their boss know, and if they are not working, haven't they anything better to do?

I am the boss. Besides that I work at the office and home at all hours imaginable. I put in more that 40 hours a week then some. Besides, I am in the results business, not clock punching business. TV gives me a break from reality.

does their boss know, and if they are not working, haven't they anything better to do?

I am the boss, and I am working, I have a few daily routine things to do during the day, a few reports and meetings to get through and if everything is running ok, not that much for me to do, other than kill time, hence TV.....only time I get really busy is when things are not going ok and have to get things sorted out, which these days I am glad to say is getting less and less as we have an excellent bunch of guys I am working with.

Nor I the 2nd

Good to see you here samran ... now what have I proved exactly, please someone explain ?

Shouldn't you be on the farming thread?

Should be in the DIY forum under angle grinders

SC

Surely the DIY forum is for w**kers?

Now now...just because you dont know one end of a screwdriver from the other...tongue.png

• Like 1

I like the posters who post in indirect proportion to their knowledge of the subject. Especially when they call me names which is often. smile.png

I did like this quote though...'If all the money in the world dried up they would give it away for vegetables'

etc, etc, etc.

If the above were true, you could end up a damaged individual! I think a few current TV members have spent a lot of time on forums as above in their previous lives...........thumbsup.gif

...and pick yourself up for spelling mistakes (grammatical)

...and hate yourself for having picked yourself up for smelling pistakes

...and spoonerisms

whistling.gif

I think the collective term for these folk are Mods ... never understand why they do it gratis?

Must be love ...

• Like 1

427178_426306050741056_1847938973_n.jpg

This is the real Smokie hammock........it's well known by everyone on this forum that Smokie36 is a personal friend of mine. He'll possibly be along in a minute to pass comment however before he does let me say something.

Of all the people you can think of in your life that deserve pity, Smokie36 is not one of them........I won't embarrass this fine gentleman by explaining why, however I will say that if any of you ever get a chance to have a beer and a blether with Smokie, take it.

You'll meet a gentleman of the first order...............and for those trolls out there that think they are being smart with comments and posts like the one above.......you're not in his class in any way. thumbsup.gif

There's an old saying that I can paraphrase to suit this moment......the saying is " very often it's not what is said that causes offence, but the manner in which it is said "............let's paraphrase that..........

" very often it's not what is said that tells the story, it's what is left unsaid "............work out that riddle if you can TM, the rest of us that actually know and socialize with each other will just continue to snigger at your ridiculous posts.

Carry on coffee1.gif

Bophut Lodge. Truly a wonderful place. If i have to stay on Samui, it is definitely my first choice, and you can get into a whole world of trouble within 150 meters of the place. I had heard changes are afoot there, though the conversation is hazy and may well have been imagined.

As for Smokie, I can not for the life of me understand why you would feel the need to defend him. he seems like a big enough boy to take care of himself.

The view from room 8 at the Bophut Lodge

387998_426306520741009_1572404658_n.jpg

Anyway as for Smokie36.......it was partly a defence of him, but more to say that some of us actually know each other, and what some people perceive to be the case ( trolls in particular ) and what is actually the case are two distinctly different things.

I can't add to that........privacy is key on the forum.

I use to post off term but some body hurt my feelings so i don't post so much now. there are some big bad posters on here.

Who was it ?

We will administer 50 lashes, but seriously, if you jest, thats OK, but if you are serious then forget it.

Was it me. ? sad.png

I took notice of one poster and within one week over 200 posts. That is about 30 a day.

Don't know, what is most pathetic, the poster with 200 posts a week or the guy counting the number of posts ?ermm.gif

Thank you for the complement. Normally I am called worse names. Please not not thow any stones as they may hurt.

I agree, we should be paid per post. Not quality - but quantity I say dam_n it. All I ever got was two or three suspensions, 412 warnings, 22 yellow cards and a piece of pizza from a sponsor I organized to chip in with some pizzas at one of our bangkok parties years ago. Even had to buy SBK 3 pints of draft at Soi 8 on a different occasion too.

What are you complaining about..............you got to meet sbk didn't you. smile.png

etc, etc, etc.

...and pick yourself up for spelling mistakes (grammatical)

...and hate yourself for having picked yourself up for smelling pistakes

...and spoonerisms

whistling.gif

Have to leave the door open for someone to correct me................tongue.png

Anyway, that was an example of the new forum, shouldn't interupt people arguing with themselves.................rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I took notice of one poster and within one week over 200 posts. That is about 30 a day.

Don't know, what is most pathetic, the poster with 200 posts a week or the guy counting the number of posts ?ermm.gif

Thank you for the complement. Normally I am called worse names. Please not not thow any stones as they may hurt.

I enjoy malapropisms as well. A full compliment of them will quiet any vassel, no matter how empty

SC

• Like 1