Zoomer-X

SumetCycle

Am I daft or what.

I had the 1000 km first service today and the oil was changed but no filter, after inquiring about that the foreman said the Zoomer doesn't have one.

Is that correct or am I being told porkies ??

Cheers Foggy1

Am I daft or what.

I had the 1000 km first service today and the oil was changed but no filter, after inquiring about that the foreman said the Zoomer doesn't have one.

Is that correct or am I being told porkies ??

Cheers Foggy1

Most small motorbikes don't have an oil filter (some have an internal filter screen but not all and you don't replace it) so I would say he is correct... Bigger bikes do though....

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Our trusted Fino (carb) will be sold soon, it's a thirsty little beast and it started to develop small problems quite often now

and since I work overseas 1/2 of the year it's not very convenient for my wife as she have zero technical capabilities/interest.

My wife loves the look of the Zoomer and since I have a PCX 150 I am thinking about getting one for her.

A few questions to current owners: Any problems with them or are they as robust as Honda's normally are?

How big is the fuel tank and what is the average fuel cons?

It should be possible to mount a kid's seat if front of the rider and have a hook for groceries?

Yes I know it's dangerous to ride around with a small kid but the truck is not easy to park so for short shopping runs a scooter is perfect.

it is not dangerous to ride with a kid and zoomer is a pretty flexible bike with good components.

you cannot go wrong with a honda too.

I rode for nearly 30 years and there was NOTHING that I enjoyed more. I love motorcycles and moreover I know that one can be smart and employ good sense and skills to be safer.

But it is absurd and irresponsible to tell someone that there is no danger in riding with a kid.

• Like 2

it is not dangerous to ride with a kid and zoomer is a pretty flexible bike with good components.

I rode for nearly 30 years and there was NOTHING that I enjoyed more. I love motorcycles and moreover I know that one can be smart and employ good sense and skills to be safer.

But it is absurd and irresponsible to tell someone that there is no danger in riding with a kid.

Off-course there are risks riding a bike especially here in Thailand where we got mad/drunk drivers/riders on the roads every day.

My 3.5 year old son always wear a helmet when out riding with us and he loves it, good view out in the front.

We live in Pattaya and sometimes the traffic is so heavy it's almost impossible to drive a 4 wheeled vehicle so our scooters come in handy.

I have told my wife not to ride on Sukhumvit road where many accidents happens and riding after dark also to be avoided as much as possible.

What I don't understand: why don't Thai kids riding with their parents wearing helmets, 90% don't, <deleted>.

OK back the the Zoomer, anybody know the size of the fuel tank and what the app. fuel cons is?

• Like 1

it is not absurd or irresponsible to say that. i do not see what is the difference between riding with a kid on a bike or bicycle.

And you i am sure do not let your kid also drive a bicycle bc it is not safe?

So what about people cannot afford a car? They cannot transport their kids somewhere? You are talking absurd actually now. so rich kids are safe and poor kids are in danger. think wide my friend.

Just but your kid a helmet, drive slower and smoother and be extra careful, that is enough.

it is not absurd or irresponsible to say that. i do not see what is the difference between riding with a kid on a bike or bicycle.

So what about people cannot afford a car? They cannot transport their kids somewhere? You are talking absurd actually now. so rich kids are safe and poor kids are in danger. think wide my friend.

Just but your kid a helmet, drive slower and smoother and be extra careful, that is enough.

It was not my intention to turn this thread into a debate (and it is still not) but you have addressed me with your sarcasm and made some judgments about me that are inaccurate so I will reply to your points:

The differences between a motorcycle (on the road) and a bicycle are obvious: speed and location. If you think an accident at 3mph and 40mph (for example) can't be different then you simply aren't thinking. If you think falling down on a bike path or on a street in the village is no different than being struck by a car, you simply aren't thinking.

My kids do ride bicycles in our village which has no through traffic, sipped bumps, security and parents watching. Virtually zero chance of being struck by a speeding car. My children do NOT ride bicycles on the road with vehicular traffic.

Of course people can transport there kids if they can't afford a car. Indeed millions who can't even afford a motorcycle manage to do so. I had small children, without owning car, for 7 years. Never once did I take them on a motorcycle. One major reason why I now own a car is for their safety. Are rich kids safer than poor kids? Yes, often that is the case in any number of circumstances. That is not my fault nor is acknowledging that obvious fact an indication of elitism or socio-economic prejudice. It's just reality.

I deliberately made no comment or judgment about parents who choose to do differently. Bit it is an objective FACT that saying there is no danger is quite simply false.

• Like 2

speaking about sarcasm, you had to think about answering post like 'absurd'.

a bicycle can do more than 3 kmh actually can go 10 times more speedy that this besides those bicycle paths, where are they in Thailand? And if a car hits you, it does not matter if you are one a bicycle, motorbike or on foot anyway.

and my parents let me drive my bicycle and also motorbike on the streets and nothign happen. They were also responsible parents that made me grow! and let me learn how to survive! and i am still alive.

steelejoe, life is dangerous itself and there is more danger in salt and sugar than bikes. Of course bikes are more dangerous than cars but it does not mean it is dangerous all the time you ride it. I am not a crazy guy also to drive a kid hundreds of kms but for short to mid distances, no problems with enough protection.

Edited by loserlazer

What I don't understand: why don't Thai kids riding with their parents wearing helmets, 90% don't, <deleted>.

Because they're stupid enough to take their child out on a scooter in Thailand in the first place.

Just because Thais are doing, doesn't mean it's any way responsible or safe. Perhaps some of the posters aren't intelligent to get past the 'Everybody else is doing it so it must be fine, I'm going to do it too!' mentally. <deleted> use your heads.

Outside of a private moo-baan and out on the main roads of Thailand? :cheesy: I hope you don't teach your students about Road Safety!

Because they're stupid enough to take their child out on a scooter in Thailand in the first place.

Just because Thais are doing, doesn't mean it's any way responsible or safe. Perhaps some of the posters aren't intelligent to get past the 'Everybody else is doing it so it must be fine, I'm going to do it too!' mentally. <deleted> use your heads.

No I don't do it because others are doing it but as mentioned earlier, it's sometimes next to impossible to navigate the traffic in the truck and impossible to park it. If you park say 500 metes from the shop you want to shop in, it's not very fun with a little kid.

Have it occurred to you that many Thai's can't afford a car? No excuse for not buying a helmet for their kids, now that is stupid.

Zoomer x looks nice, and I'm sure is more durable that most in its class. I'd go for one if looking for a scooter.

It's not for me but for my wife, PCX for me thank you very much, a real size scooter for a manwink.png . Okay the Zoomer looks cute but don't rock my boat.

Thanks for bringing the topic back to topic by the way. thumbsup.gif

No I don't do it because others are doing it but as mentioned earlier, it's sometimes next to impossible to navigate the traffic in the truck and impossible to park it. If you park say 500 metes from the shop you want to shop in, it's not very fun with a little kid.

Have it occurred to you that many Thai's can't afford a car? No excuse for not buying a helmet for their kids, now that is stupid.

Actually, with the public services such as Sonteaw's and tuk-tuks etc etc there is no excuse for taking one's child on a scooter in a busy town. Particularly a Thai busy town. :D

If you opt to do instead of the other options, or God forbid walking a few meters or just not taking them than you are most certainly free to do so. To say that it isn't stupid though... well, that's like a certain poster above calling people paedophiles. :huh:

Zoomer x looks nice, and I'm sure is more durable that most in its class. I'd go for one if looking for a scooter.

It's not for me but for my wife, PCX for me thank you very much, a real size scooter for a man;) . Okay the Zoomer looks cute but don't rock my boat.

Thanks for bringing the topic back to topic by the way. :thumbsup:

Whoops, sorry about the above post. :D

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is my Zoomer X. Just added a Leo Vince cobra to it, sourced from a

Gentleman in Surat Thani. Also a new C-euro YSS colour matching shock on the back. Other shiny pieces shall be added at random.

This is a pure piece of fun for me. Love it to pieces already and couldn't be happier. Nice having fat little tires for the terrible roads I drive on. Anyone else here still got a Zoomer X? post-195861-1402746505257_thumb.jpgpost-195861-14027465242411_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 3 months later...

I am thinking of getting a zoomer for around town just wondering is there any updates on it and what people thoughts are on it

Hi Tom21

I have had my Zoomer for over a year now and covered 15000 kms. I love it and wouldn't change it for another scooter.

100% reliable and superb build quality from Honda and very economical.

Its suits my needs as I can carry stuff safely in the leg well and has enough power for a passenger around town.

I also like the styling but did a few inexpensive upgrades.

The changes I made included spraying the rear mud guard white to balance the look, chrome covers on 8 different places, foot plates, light and indicator grills, slim line mirrors from Big C and handlebar padding.

cheers Foggy1

post-138895-0-24507600-1413109841_thumb.

post-138895-0-83644100-1413109847_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for your post foggy. I went and bought a zoomer X last week and am very happy with it. I got a black one , the parts that were not black were handlebars (chrome) front shocks and wheels (bronze). the cost was 55,000thb and got the usual helmet and jacket that do not fit, transfer and compulsory insurance. took out my own insurance

• 2 months later...

So my shop advised my to change my tires on my Zoomer X after 20k kilometers...they suggested Michelin CITY GRIP when I asked for originally Diablo 2....price quote was 3500 Baht.

Anyone currently using the Michelin City Grip ?

Also, does anyone know what is the biggest rear size I can get on the original wheel if I remove the mud guard/fender and install one of those faux chrome air filters which gives some more space up top and on the side ? (Not looking to buy a new exhaust or wider wheel frame)

Also, any of you guys paying what is know here as 'First Class Insurance' (fully comp) ? Any leads ?

Will the variator kits give it the torque of the Honda Click i (WOW ;-) ? 56kpl will move down with this mod I guess ?

Edited by freedomnow

Michelin are very good tyres so I wouldn't worry about them. They sound a little pricey as I would have thought around 2500-3000 but I could be wrong.

I doubt you can get 1st class insurance for a Zoomer.

I've read on here that variator kits can make a hell of a difference, but usually what you gain in torque you lose at the top end.

Michelin are very good tyres so I wouldn't worry about them. They sound a little pricey as I would have thought around 2500-3000 but I could be wrong.

I doubt you can get 1st class insurance for a Zoomer.

I've read on here that variator kits can make a hell of a difference, but usually what you gain in torque you lose at the top end.

Thanks. Not much interest in top-end speed on these awful roads...do you think the variator upgrade will hit the published 56KPL ?

The torque and power characteristics of you engine will not change with mods to your (CVT) transmission.

Lower speed performance can increase with variator mods, but of course at the expense of fuel economy.

Michelin City Grip = good.

If you know the width of you rims you should be able to determine the maximum width tire allowable.

Online search = easy.

Edited by papa al

The torque and power characteristics of you engine will not change with mods to your (CVT) transmission.

Lower speed performance can increase with variator mods, but of course at the expense of fuel economy.

Michelin City Grip = good.

If you know the width of you rims you should be able to determine the maximum width tire allowable.

Online search = easy.

You are correct about the engine torque.

However, as the rear wheel is where the power hits the road, making changes in the drive line that effects the torque multiplier does matter.

• Like 1

Dave,

Due to friction in transmission, torque measured at the engine output shaft will be greater than torque measured at the rear wheel.

So much for your 'torque multiplier' theory.

Torque and power both increase with rpm until in or near red line.

Changing the variator causes engine to run at higher rpm hence more power and acceleration.

If y'all want to call this 'more torque', fine, but,

if you bias a variator for max torque rpm rather than max HP rpm, it will accelerate a bit more slowly.

Power is power.

But people like to say torque.

They may not be able to define it or spell it, but....

a simple-minded, inaccurate model is more palatable than an unfamiliar, rigorous analysis.

Cognitive dissonance.